Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The Bachelor Challenge Archive > The Bachelor Team Challenge - Prose before Rose (1)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 396 (396 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 14, 2018 10:31PM) (new)

MountainKat | 21463 comments 🌹The Bachelor Team Challenge🌹
🌹Theme - Book Boyfriends🌹

Team 1 Members:

✓ Captain - ~KarenH~

Chan
Filipa(Private)
☘KathyD☘
Morgan
Stacie

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 07, 2018 10:05PM) (new)

Information required when posting your completion/s:

Date Task
Book/cover link
Page numbers
How book qualified, with links or cover as necessary.
Dated Completed with Rating.
If this is your second (or more) book for the task, also include that information.

Please include only this information. A small review may be included if desired, but is not required. No other discussion allowed though.

Although you will not need to make selection posts like in the PtP, your teammates might like ideas for what to read so sharing what you're reading could be very helpful. If you have any question if your book qualifies, it would be better to find out before you read it - ask your teammates or in the Q&A/Announcement thread.

Books must be 90 pages and MPG (Main Page Genre) Romance. Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Paranormal Romance or similar is acceptable, but it must be romance. Audiobooks and rereads are ok. Books can only be read once per person during the challenge even if it fits multiple categories. The same book can be read by teammates though. Once the task for the date is announced, you may not tag a book so that it fits or edit any lists - this must be done before the date begins.

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 07, 2018 10:08PM) (new)

The dates will begin on Saturdays at 6 PM EST, at that time the task for each date will be announced. Books must be completed and posted by the following Friday at Midnight EST, except when 'Visiting the Family' when you will have until the second Friday. Roses will be awarded before the next date begins. Each date we will be working towards spelling out B-A-C-H-E-L-O-R. The potential tasks for each letter will be posted in advance, but you will not know which task will be used until the date begins.

Roses are earned by:
🌹 The first rose per team is earned for reading 4 books fitting the task during the date.
Bonus roses may be earned by:
🌹 The team that finishes 4 books and posts in the Q&A/Announcement thread first wins a bonus rose. Note, posting is required to earn this rose.
🌹 Teams with each member completing the task (with a minimum of 6 books read) earn an additional rose.
🌹 Teams finishing 8+ books during the date win an additional rose.

Teams will not be eliminated even if they earn no roses, they will have a chance to catch up by earning additional roses on other dates. Players will be eliminated if they do not complete the task on two consecutive dates. Eliminated players will not be replaced. Remember, players are allowed to read multiple books for a given date in order to earn bonuses and/or to make up for teammates who do not read their book or who have been eliminated.

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 08, 2018 02:04PM) (new)

Captains, please reserve a few spaces for tracking.

Introduce yourselves to your teammates. Let then know where you are from, what your interests are in life and in books! Consider friending each other, that makes it easier to follow the goings on.

Your first task as a team is to come up with a team name. The theme if 'Book Boyfriend' and your team name should relate to that. Captains, please PM me your team name when you have decided.

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21463 comments I will be tracking each team's completions and using the captains' tracking to confirm before awarding roses at the end of each date.

message 6: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Weekly Themes

message 7: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Jan 23, 2019 09:23PM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Completion Posts - Dates 1-4

Date 1 - B

(view spoiler)

Date 2 - A

(view spoiler)

Date 3 - C

(view spoiler)

Date 4 - H

(view spoiler)

message 8: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Feb 15, 2019 07:10PM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Completion Posts - Dates 5-8

Date 5 - E

(view spoiler)

Date 6 - L

(view spoiler)

Date 7 - O

(view spoiler)

Date 8 - R

1. ✓~KarenH~ - Love Online - Completion Post
2. ✓Chan - Holiday in Death - Completion Post
3. ✓Filipa(Private) - Under a Blood-Red Moon - Completion Post
4. ✓☘KathyD☘ - Charming Hannah - Completion Post
5. ✓Morgan - What Happens After - Completion Post
6. ✓Stacie - Scarlet Stone - Completion Post

7. ✓~KarenH~ - The Downs - Completion Post
8. ✓Filipa(Private) - Blood In The Water - Completion Post

9. ✓Stacie - Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny - Completion Post
10. ✓☘KathyD☘ - Endurance - Completion Post
11. ✓~KarenH~ - Adam - Completion Post
12. ✓~KarenH~ - Off Limits - Completion Post
13. ✓Chan - Midnight in Death - Completion Post
14. ✓Chan - At Peace - Completion Post
15. ✓Chan - Total Surrender - Completion Post
16. ✓Chan - Kulti - Completion Post

17. ✓Chan - Fire Inside - Completion Post
18. ✓Chan - Moonlight on Nightingale Way - Completion Post
19. ✓Chan - In Your Corner - Completion Post
20. ✓Chan - Take - Completion Post
21. ✓Chan - Conspiracy in Death - Completion Post
22. ✓Filipa(Private) - Burn the Sky - Completion Post
23. ✓Chan - Loyalty in Death - Completion Post
24. ✓Chan - Deadly Silence - Completion Post

25. ✓Chan - Wild Like the Wind - Completion Post
26. ✓Chan - Good Girl - Completion Post
27. ✓~KarenH~ - Beneath the Scars - Completion Post
28. ✓~KarenH~ - Seduction in Death - Completion Post

message 9: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Dec 09, 2018 04:54PM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Team name options

The Oneders
You're the One for me
You're the One
One Book Boyfriend to Rule Them All
Prose before Rose
One Last Rose
Fictional Men are Almost Perfect
I'm busy...Falling in Love With My Book Boyfriend
Love Among the Pages
Love Between the Covers

message 10: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Hey everyone...it's time to get started! 😃

I'm Karen, and I live in Washington state, so Pacific time zone. That shouldn't make as much difference in this challenge as it does in the PtP (and I see several of you that I know participate in that one), but it's always fun to know where our teammates are from.

Our first order of business is to come up with a team name, and the theme of the challenge is Book Boyfriends. I'm pretty useless when it comes to names, so hopefully some of you have a little more creativity than I do!

message 11: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Oh, I forgot to say that I will read almost anything as long as it's romance. Not particularly fond of inspirational, but can occasionally find something I like, and I'm kind of picky about YA, but other than that I'm good with just about anything, from sweet to spicy, m/f, or m/m (haven't read any f/f but not opposed to it). I try to read a variety of genres every month but right now I'm reading more contemporary than anything else, and most of that is RS.

message 12: by Filipa (new)

Filipa | 334 comments Hi all!

I'm Filipa, I'm from Portugal - that's GMT for timezone. I only read M/M but I like most genres, I try to read a bit of everything every month. I do like my romance on the romancy side though, preferably with a good plot. Erotica is really not my thing.

Karen, I'm like you when it comes to team names, sorry! :p

message 13: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 1326 comments Hi!! I'm Stacie, I live in Maryland so I'm Eastern Time zone. I read a lot of romance, erotica, young adult, some mystery/thriller but mainly I love my HEAs. Good to see some of my PtP teammates here!

Ummm I'm bad at team names but here's what I've got so far:

The Oneders
You're the One for me
You're the One
One Book Boyfriend to Rule Them All

message 14: by SandyL (new)

SandyL | 584 comments Hi!
I'm Sandy and I live in southern CA, so PST. I'll read just about anything - my preference is sexy romance/erotica, but I'll read other stuff for a challenge!

@Karen - my sister lives in Mill Creek - not sure if you're close to there. And @Stacie - I used to live in Northern VA - I know you need a passport to cross the bridge from VA to MD😁 but they are close! And @Filipa - I would loooooove to go to Portugal!

message 15: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments SandyL wrote: "@Karen - my sister lives in Mill Creek - not sure if you're close to there..."

I'm actually about an hour's drive north of Mill Creek...about halfway between Seattle and the Canadian border, but up in the Cascade foothills kind of in the middle of nowhere. If you're in my little community it's either a plan or you're totally lost, because we're about 10 miles from the nearest road that goes anywhere but here. It's a bit inconvenient at times (a trip to the store for a loaf of bread will take well over an hour), but I love it!

message 16: by Chan (new)

Chan | 3886 comments Hiya Team! I'm Chan and I live in GA. I read mostly romance. I've read MF, MMF, MM, but I don't mind venturing out to others (e.g. FF, FFM). I'm a sucker for an HEA. I don't like thrillers or gore, but I enjoy suspense and action immensely! Like A LOT! I've never watched the bachelor, but with all the roses MKat has in the thread, my name suggestion will be...

Prose before Rose

message 17: by SandyL (new)

SandyL | 584 comments I like You're the One and Prose Before Rose

Some other ideas
One Last Rose
Fictional Men are Almost Perfect
I'm busy...Falling in Love With My Book Boyfriend

message 18: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2690 comments Hi All! I'm Kathy and I'm looking forward to this new team challenge. I live in the Chicagoland area (CST). I read mostly romance and will read almost all genres. Favorites are contemporary, paranormal, and fantasy.

I'm not good with creating team names, but I'm good at voting on them! =) I really like Prose before Rose!

message 19: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 1326 comments Prose before Rose is awesome!

message 20: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 1326 comments Sandy, it's true. I moved from MD to northern Virginia back to MD!

message 21: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Hi all,

Everyone has checked in except Morgan, so we're off to a good start! I've compiled all of the team name suggestions so far in msg #9...let me know if I missed any. So far it looks like Rose Before Prose has the most interest, but ideas are still welcome. Hopefully we can settle on something we all like within a couple of days!

message 22: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Dec 09, 2018 04:54PM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Ok, one random team name idea...Love Among the Pages...or Love Between the Covers.

message 23: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 59 comments Hey all! Just checking in. Sorry, I just saw the team threads. My daughter has been in and out of the hospital for the last week so I haven't been on GR as much as usual! I'm very excited for this challenge! :)

message 24: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Hi Morgan, welcome! Kids need to come first before GR...I hope your daughter is doing ok!

message 25: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21463 comments Morgan wrote: "Hey all! Just checking in. Sorry, I just saw the team threads. My daughter has been in and out of the hospital for the last week so I haven't been on GR as much as usual! I'm very excited for this ..."

I hope all is well for you daughter Morgan, or will be soon!

message 26: by SandyL (new)

SandyL | 584 comments I hope your daughter is ok Morgan!!!

message 27: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 59 comments Thank you all! We've been in and out of the hospital since December 2nd. They don't have a definitive diagnosis yet, but we've FINALLY ruled out appendicitis, as that was their biggest concern for about five days. The ER doctor was a real jerk, but thankfully the on-call doctor at her pediatrician has been absolutely AMAZING! She spent two hours with us this past Wednesday, ordered a repeat ultrasound and bloodwork (all of which was negative), but she said the amount of pain my doctor experienced from the ultrasound is incredibly abnormal, in addition to her physical exam the doctor did being very abnormal. She is just complaining of really severe abdominal pain and an off/on low grade fever, which is just really odd.

message 28: by Chan (last edited Dec 11, 2018 01:24PM) (new)

Chan | 3886 comments Oh Morgan. I'm very sorry to hear that you and your family are going through that. I hope things turn out okay.

message 29: by SandyL (new)

SandyL | 584 comments I hope they can figure out what's wrong, Morgan. It must be scary for all of you!

message 30: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 1326 comments Oh gosh Morgan, how scary. Please let us know if we can do anything even if it's just an online ear.

message 31: by Filipa (new)

Filipa | 334 comments I'm so sorry to hear that Morgan, I hope she feels better soon.

message 32: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2690 comments sending healing vibes to your daughter Morgan!

message 33: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Hey all,

We've kind of stalled on the name discussion...most of us have showed an interest in Prose before Rose (I never got around to posting, but I like it too). Does anyone have any other preferences or suggestions, or do we want to go with that one?

message 34: by SandyL (new)

SandyL | 584 comments I say go with Prose Before Rose!

message 35: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21463 comments Everyone's here! You just need a name and you are ready to go.

message 36: by Filipa (new)

Filipa | 334 comments Agreed, Prose before Rose sounds good.

message 37: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 1326 comments Let's do it!

message 38: by Chan (last edited Dec 12, 2018 09:24AM) (new)

Chan | 3886 comments So exciting. A name I suggested is picked.
I guess I am a bit creative after all :o)

message 39: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 59 comments I like Prose before Rose!

message 40: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Ok, Prose before Rose it is, and we're all set! 😃

message 41: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 59 comments Yay!!! What day does the challenge officially start?

message 42: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Morgan wrote: "Yay!!! What day does the challenge officially start?"

The first theme is scheduled to be announced this Saturday at 6 PM EST, although there's a possibility Kat might announce it somewhat early if all the teams are ready to go. After the first week it will always be that day and time.

message 43: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21463 comments Hi all, Sandy has graciously volunteered to switch teams to help even things out since Team 4 (One-Click Boyfriend) was missing a member. I appreciate her kindness, but I know Team 4 will appreciate her helping out even more!

message 44: by SandyL (new)

SandyL | 584 comments Hi PBR's! I'm sorry to leave you - I just wanted to help Kat out. Have a great challenge and good luck!!!

message 45: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Hey Sandy! We'll miss you, but I'm sure you'll have a great time with your new team...they look like a fun bunch!

message 46: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Dec 15, 2018 11:25AM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Hey everyone - our first theme call is less than 4 hours away! 😀

Just a couple of things to hopefully keep us organized and on track....

A selection post isn't required, but I would appreciate it if you all would do a quick post telling the rest of us what you're reading. It will help me with tracking, and also might give ideas to others who might be having trouble coming up with something to read.

Don't forget to use the proper format when posting your completion:

Date Task
Book/cover link
Page numbers
How book qualified, with links or cover as necessary.
Dated Completed with Rating.
If this is your second (or more) book for the task, also include that information.

Please include only this information. A small review may be included if desired, but is not required. No other discussion allowed though.

Also, please post your completion as soon as you can after finishing your book since one of the roses to be earned is based on speed...the first team to finish 4 books. If you happen to see that you are that 4th person, go ahead and post in the Q&A thread that we've finished them...speed is important in that category so don't wait for me in case I happen to not be available.

These are the possibilities for this week's theme...anybody have any that they particularly do or don't want picked? Aside from B is for Book of course - I think everyone wants that one!

B is for Bargain - Read a book you received free, borrowed, or was under $3 USD or the equivalent.
B is for Brave - Read a book tagged with words that indicate a survivor, hero, military, law enforcement or firefighter.
B is for Bank - Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.
B is for Book - Read any romance book.

I hope you're all ready to go...I know I am!

message 47: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 1326 comments I'm hoping for bargain or book

message 48: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments Any of this week's options will be pretty easy for me, so I'll save being picky for sometime later when it will mean more! =P

message 49: by Chan (new)

Chan | 3886 comments Thanks for the update, Karen.
I have a plethora of books to choose from for this weeks theme. However, my pickings become slim as the challenge moves along.

message 50: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7547 comments I haven't looked beyond this week very much, but that's what generally happens to me, too. As the M&G shelf shrinks, so do my options for multi-tasking with other challenges!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8