Start by marking “Seduction in Death (In Death, #13)” as Want to Read:
Seduction in Death (In Death, #13)

Seduction in Death

(In Death #13)

Dante had been courting his victim in cyberspace for weeks before meeting her in person. A few sips of wine and a few hours later, she was dead. The murder weapon: a rare, usually undetectable date-rape drug with a street value of a quarter million dollars. Lieutenant Eve Dallas is playing and replaying the clues in her mind. The candlelight, the music, the rose petals str ...more
Published 2004 by Piatkus (first published September 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Seduction in Death, please sign up.
AlwaysV The major case of cop killer was in "Judgement In Death". A pretty sad and haunting case for Lt Eve to solve. A great cop, Detective Thad, young,…moreThe major case of cop killer was in "Judgement In Death". A pretty sad and haunting case for Lt Eve to solve. A great cop, Detective Thad, young, honest, & a rising star was framed and gunned down. The call for help both for back up & medical wasn't answered, by corrupted cops, not in time to help him. So his father, a hero cop, Sergeant Clooney, lost it. Killed bad cops involved and then he killed good cop too. Roarke and Eve were also targeted. It was also a treat to see Roarke in action! You should reread it.(less)
Courtney The central romantic couple of the series is Eve, a police officer and Roarke, a billionaire tycoon, and their relationship spans all the books the…moreThe central romantic couple of the series is Eve, a police officer and Roarke, a billionaire tycoon, and their relationship spans all the books the series. And while it is more mystery/suspense than romance, there are some other romances that crop up between some supporting characters throughout the series (no spoilers as to who they are, as that would ruin the experience!) As such, I recommend starting at the beginning with Naked in Death and watching the relationships, both platonic and romantic, develop, while also seeing how these people work together to solve each case. (less)

Phrynne
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4000-books
The author was in top form when she wrote this one. Eve and Roarke have been married nearly one year and their relationship is pretty near perfect. They joke around, fight a bit but usually playfully and they have each others backs. Peabody and McNab are on and off all through the book but again there is a lot of humour in the situations that occur between them. And of course Eve's opinions on the matter are hilarious.
We see a gentle side of Summerset, quite a lot of the apparently over weight G
Irene Sim
Another great installment in the "In Death" series. This time the crime was a little bit too close to Eve's past and it was very difficult for her to face it. But she came through in the end, as always.
All the side characters were present and the "mag" Trina, who I like very much because, she is the only person who really scares Eve.

I had the strangest thought cross my mind as I was reading this story so I'm going to share it with you - my friends who love this series - and for that...

So, here
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 I Love A Good Mystery Stars

I love these books! They are interesting and fast paced and although Eve does what cops all over the world do in reality, which is investigate, not going around beating up guys until someone talks, the books manage not to become tedious.

And although I love the mystery suspect of the books, I enjoy watching Eve work, I find her fear of primping hilarious and I always have a good laugh with Peabody's and McNab's antics, there is one aspect of the book that is beginning
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
This one was very disturbing for so many reasons but like all of them, so very good too. Full review to come later.
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Book 13 and J.D.Robb still continues to amaze me. I'm absolutely addicted this series! :)
Ps. I listened the Audiobook version and it was so damn good. ;)

Eve & Roarke <3
Her fingers stroked through his hair.Her lips found the curve of his throat, nuzzling against the pulse that beat for her. When he slipped inside her,she opened her eyes to find him watching her.No one, she thought as the breath trembled through her lips, no one had ever looked at her as he did.In a way that told her she w
Jilly
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Lucky number 13 in the series and it was a good one. Eve is trying to catch two guys who are using a date rape drug to rape and kill their victim. It's a game to them where they get points.

We know who the murderers are for the whole book, but it was still a fun ride to watch the process. Even better than that is the characters and relationships between all of them. There is something to be said for long series because you really get involved in their world and feel like the characters are old fr
Poonam

“Predators did not need mercy.”― Conn Iggulden

Throughout the story we as a reader know how difficult it is for Eve to deal with this case (view spoiler).

There are innocent women who go out on a date but do not survive the night. We as readers know the identity of the killers from the very start and it's all about Eve Dallas finding them and stopping them in their sick game!

The chapters that were from the killer's perspective were SICK!!

Eve Dallas is
Jaya
3.65⭐
this was going really well and would have been a solid 4 starred read, except for the the last 15-20%. That was a bit of an overkill...
♥Sharon♥
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I simply LOVE these books.

❤ the suspense.

❤ the humor.

❤ all the side characters.

Roarke and Eve

Cyndi
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Two young men with everything going for them look like good ideas for dates. But what if they are psychopathic serial killers? Hope EHarmony screens for these things. They might want to include on their questionnaires, "do you like long walks and drugging your date before you rape her and throw her off a balcony?"
Great book by one of the best writers in the world!

Reread July 2018 — I’ll never know how J. D. Robb aka Nora Roberts finds so many different murders. Does she have a master check list
Mo
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 13 and it is still fresh. I still crave more of Roarke and Eve. I love them. I think I love her more than I love him. She is so strong, independent, honest.

"Dachas," she said, "is, I'm told, Gaelic for hope."

Lets get the negatives out of the way. Nope, it is not! It has been more than 30 years since I studied Irish in the classroom but some words stay with you. Didn't even have to google this one. The Irish/Gaelic word for "hope" is "Dóchas"! Nora, if you want to hire me as your Irish exp
Mei
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I'm amazed how Ms. Roberts manages to write such a different, but Always interesting, crimes! WOW!!!

And I'm amazed that these crimes are always a possible ones! Human idiocy and bloodthirst will never cease to astonish me!!!

Here we have two killers. Young, rich, pampered. And totally out of their minds crazy!!!

Here the concept of romance is used as a deadly game! How crazy is that???!!!

I'm also amazed by the author's ability to insert witticisms, smart remarks in a very serious moments thus defu
Shawna
4.5 stars - Romantic Suspense/Futuristic/Romantic Thriller

Wow! Thirteen books in and I don't see myself tiring of this series. With a smart, gruff, edgy, tough, and not always easy to like heroine, Eve Dallas, fabulous secondary characters, my all-time favorite swoonalicious hero, Roarke, interesting and unique futuristic New York setting, and dark, well-written police procedural suspense, In Death continues to deliver. I'm still overwhelmed by how many books there are in this series, but I've g
Kjen
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, re-read
Another wonderful re-read...Loved Roarke's reaction to Eve being sick and her learning to deal with it. (Thanks to Summerset!) Lots of character growth...Roarke is getting more involved in the case. Eve is still extremely annoyed, but letting him. Progress on the Peabody/McNab front, as well. "We're a couple." "A couple of what?" Vintage Eve. Loved Eve's rant in Whitney's office...and his reaction. On to the next!
Diane
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a despicable pair of spoiled brats, with one being so much worse than the other. And sadly, even though this is set in the future, it's not beyond the realm of actually happening.

Louise and Charles meet in this book - gotta love that couple. Ian and Charles get into a good knock around fight with "Dishy Dimato" cooling them off!

McNab and Peabody get back together and this time exclusively!

Two thumbs up and 5 stars!
Aly is so frigging bored
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook, mystery
1st read: 30th March-15th April
Best one-liners:
Eve: "Okay, now that I've let you fuck me and feed me, thereby satisfying all immediate appetites, I've got work."
...
Roarke: "Aren't you lucky to have me? A rhetorical question, darling," he said and stuffed caviar into her mouth.

I still can't get over how amazing this narrator is!

2nd read: 15th May-23rd May
Wendy
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this 13th book in J D Robb's "In Death" series!!!!
Lena
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, cops-fbi
D1C34540-E259-4FEB-B5FB-E33507A01060.jpg
Tag team rapists are far from my favorite topic of entertainment violence. While it was a well paced procedural it was far from fun.

And Peabody and McNab got on my last nerve. I would have had them reassigned... to Jersey.
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Here we have two friends playing a game by raping women and killing them and Eve tries to find them before they kill more women. At this point of the series I don't know what else to say, the entire series is an experience you don't want to miss. I love it.

Anita
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-own
Romantic, well read, poetic, drop dead gorgeous - every woman's dream man, right? Except this guy is nothing but a well planned illusion to make a woman do anything he desires. As always, this installment of the "In Death" series delivers a great plot and Eve and Roarke.

Dante finds his targets in cyberspace and carefully plans his "date" with her weeks in advance. Candlelight, music, roses, wine. Wine that is laced with a date-rape drug designed to make her lose all her inhibitions and do whate
Ann Lou
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
We have young and innocent women who gets seduced thru the net with poetry, travel and romance. They end up meeting said Romeo and don't survive the night. It is up to our kick ass cop to find the sick and twisted killer.

As usual, Roarke is being his perfect self. Eve is in her usual bitchy but tenacious self. Mavis and Trina's appearance were mag! I am so glad Peabody and McNabb are together for real.
 Olivermagnus
Seduction in Death is the 13th book in the gritty, futuristic detective series featuring Eve Dallas and her husband, sexy billionaire Roarke. Eve and her team are after a serial killer who is meeting women through chat groups. He's targeting single women with poetry, flowers and romance before meeting them in person and slipping a lethal date rape drug into their cocktail. To add to the intrigue, it looks like there are two different killers working as a team, making it a game where each accumul ...more
Alex ♈
Suspense 4.25 stars / Romance 4 stars

The title says it all.
Interesting crime trope. But the villains were clear in the middle of the story.
I like the tension till the end.

Romance. Eve and Roarke almost perfect.
McNab - mega a§§hole and Peabody was pathetic. He slept with many OWs, threw it in her face and she just took him back? Give me a break!!! This installment ruined Peabody's character for me.
Christa
The one where two men use online dating to seduce women, then drug them and kill them.

This book felt especially relevant for having been written 15 years ago. Its a prime example of toxic masculinity and inherit privilege - with two affluent men doing what they want to women and not expecting to pay the consequences.

Oh dear was that a thoughtful insight? Here’s some humor to tamp that down.

“I never stooped to cyber-world.”
“Big deal when you’re tall and thin with jungle-cat eyes and have a s
Carolyn
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Women are being seduced to death in a scene set with candles, rose petals, fine wine, music and poetry. Two bored young men are playing a game to see who can score the most points in this dangerous game. Although the reader knows early in the book who the seducers are, it takes some exceptional work by Eve and her team (and expert civilian consultant - aka Roarke) to work out who they are and discover secrets going back decades.

Another totally engaging book in this series, with Roarke and Eve ma
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

The pursuit of love has never been so deadly. A killer seduced by the idea of love targets victims of an online poetry chatroom where after making an arrangement to meet, he wines and dines them, slipping potent and rare date-rape drugs into their drinks until all they feel is euphoria and desire. These unsuspecting romantics continue to be targeted by this anonymous killer. Coming in to stop this string of murders from occurring, Eve Dallas uses everything in her arsen
Catherine
My whole review is spoilers so don't read it unless you are masochistic. (view spoiler) ...more
❆ Crystal ❆
5 stars. This series is so awesome. Eve really had he work cut our for her on this one. It was a bit dark, but the banter with everyone makes it fun and lightens the subject matter up a bit. This is quickly turning into a favorite series. I can't wait to read more.
Carol
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
First Read: We have young and innocent women who get seduced thru the net with poetry, travel and romance. They end up meeting said Romeo and don't survive the night. It is up to our kick tail cop to find the sick and twisted killer. Getting sick was probably something that in the long run really helped Eve. Summerset was a terrific in-home nurse, and he helped explain to Eve what their life was life before "She" came along. Summerset said its been a lot better since Eve joined their house That ...more
Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)
This being the thirteenth book of an amazing series, I'm having trouble thinking up new ways to praise every next one, no matter how very different they are all from one another. (I can't imagine writing a review when I reach book 30-something)

This one is sort of a lucky read for me, because I was gone for two weeks and out of the several books from the series I saw in one bookstore, this was one. Being the one I've reached I couldn't believe my luck and bought the paperback.

And it was an engros
J.D. Robb : Seduction In Death Buddy Read - March 2017 - Spoiler Zone 86 40 Apr 25, 2017 10:14PM
J.D. Robb : Seduction in Death (Spoiler Zone) 23 155 Nov 29, 2016 07:59AM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Seduction In Death (May 2014) SPOILER ZONE 85 41 Jun 04, 2014 06:32AM
Readers of Kindle...: Seduction in Death #13 7 17 Jul 30, 2012 11:24AM

• Billionaires Prefer Blondes (Samantha Jellicoe, #3)
  • Three Fates
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
  • Death of a Pirate King (The Adrien English Mysteries, #4)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
  • Silent Scream (Romantic Suspense, #11; Minneapolis, #2)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
“There was never anybody before you," she said. "I just wanted to say that. And when I did what I do, and it opened a crack in me like it did last night, there was nobody there to hold on to me. I didn't want anyone to hold on to me. Until you. And I got through and I got by, and it was okay. But I think, maybe, if I'd just kept getting through and getting by, I'd have come to a point where I couldn't do it anymore. And if I couldn't do it anymore, it'd be the end of me, Roarke. So when you hold on to me, You're helping me stand up, one more time. And the dead, you're standing for them, too. I just wanted to say that." She went out quickly, and left him staring at her.” 113 likes
“You don't need to diet, She-Body. You are a just-right female."

"McNab?" Eve said.

"Yes, sir."

"Shut up."

"It's all right, Dallas. We're a couple."

"A couple of what? No, don't tell me. Don't talk to me. Don't talk to each other. Let there be silence across the land.”
58 likes