All About YA discussion

Books > What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,159 (1159 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

message 1: by Rae (new)

Rae King (abookishgirl4) | 36 comments I hope you're enjoying Harry Potter!
I'm reading Graceling, I'm almost done and I LOVE IT!

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
I am currently reading a lot of books.. hahaha..

I am almost done with the audiobook of I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

I am currently reading 3 R2R's: E (E, #1) by Kate Wrath , The Photograph (Eastbrook 1) by Kristen Otte , and Carnelian (Chalcedony Chronicles, #1) by B. Kristin McMichael

I am currently reading 6 BR's (got behind on them) Alienated (Alienated, #1) by Melissa Landers , The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan , The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau , Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell , Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr , and The Archived (The Archived, #1) by Victoria Schwab

Gosh, I need to stop..

message 3: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments Robin! Ohmigosh! I just started the Wicked Lovely books, like, this morning! Xo

message 4: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins

I don't exactly like it.

Erryn_x wrote: "Robin! Ohmigosh! I just started the Wicked Lovely books, like, this morning! Xo"

What do you think so far? And, I know.. I just got distracted for a week and fell behind on quite a few books.

Erin wrote: "Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins

I don't exactly like it."

What do you not like about it? I've had this book on my book shelf since the day it came out and have been himming and hawing about starting it.

message 7: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments To be honest, it took me to about...30% the way through until I was enjoying it, but now I can barely put it down :b

Have you found the same thing? Xx

message 8: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 318 comments Getting close to the end of Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3) by Veronica Rossi

Erryn_x wrote: "To be honest, it took me to about...30% the way through until I was enjoying it, but now I can barely put it down :b

Have you found the same thing? Xx"

I'm only a couple chapters in so far, and it's okay. And that's good, looking forward to the un-put-downable part.

message 10: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) I'm reading Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson and while it's an okay summer read, it's not my new favorite book. I think it's overhyped tbh :)
I'm having I'll Be There For You by Louise Candlish on hold - I couldn't really get into it :/ I think I'm about 50 pages in

message 11: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 318 comments Finished Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3) by Veronica Rossi last night. I didn't love it quite as much as the first two books, but, man, what a great trilogy.

I'll probably continue my Harry Potter reread and crack open Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling later tonight.

message 12: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 318 comments Angie wrote: "I need to finish the Harry Potter series myself. I'm on Goblet of Fire. I didn't really like POA. I felt like you didn't get to the good stuff until the last quarter of the book. But that's just me."

I agree with you about the pacing of the book. The end really was loaded compared to the rest. Oddly enough though, it was still one of my favorites in the series.

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 94 comments I just finished Winter's Awakening The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga, #1) by Karen Luellen Excellent read. Just posted my review.

message 14: by Nikita (new)

Nikita wrote: "Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2) by Alyson Noel"

How is that book?

message 16: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Robin wrote: "Nikita wrote: "Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2) by Alyson Noel"

How is that book?"

It's good. I really like.

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 39 comments I am almost done with Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo I am loving it!
I am also reading Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu . I took a break from this, but I do plan to finish it soon.

message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 39 comments Both of them are great series. I just finished Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo . Such an amazing ending to a wonderful series. Pick up both of these series.

message 19: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) I'm reading On the Jellicoe Road. It's quite confusing.

message 20: by Erin Lynn (new)

I finished Rebel Belle yesterday, so I have to choose something new today. I just don't know what to pick.

message 21: by Erin Lynn (new)

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins

message 22: by Erin Lynn (new)

Robin wrote: "Erin wrote: "Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins

I don't exactly like it."

What do you not like about it? I've had this book on my book shelf since the day it came out and have been himming and hawin..."

I didn't really like the narrator, Harper. Her characterization really just made me hate the book because it's from her point of view.

message 23: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 318 comments Just started The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1) by Stacey Kade based on my gf's insistence that it gets "really interesting".

There's 2 POV characters. So far one is quite annoying and uninteresting and the other is pretty cool and quite interesting. I'll for sure finish it, whether I like it or not, we'll see.

message 24: by Erin Lynn (new)

The Epic of Clair by Eric Charles Hansen Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth

message 25: by Nikita (new)

@Nikita, how is the Bloodlines series?

message 27: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Robin wrote: "@Nikita, how is the Bloodlines series?"

It's great. I love it.

Angie, I felt the same way while reading City Of Bones. The only reason I bought them was because they hav such gorgeous covers...

Nikita wrote: "Robin wrote: "@Nikita, how is the Bloodlines series?"

It's great. I love it."

I've been debating getting the Bloodlines novels for a while now, but since we have such similar tastes in books, I'm definitely going to be picking up those books soon.

message 30: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Robin wrote: "Nikita wrote: "Robin wrote: "@Nikita, how is the Bloodlines series?"

It's great. I love it."

I've been debating getting the Bloodlines novels for a while now, but since we have such similar tast..."

You should. If you read Vampire Academy, you should most definitely read Bloodlines. It's so much fun.

message 31: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 318 comments I just finished The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1) by Stacey Kade and ended up liking it more than I would've thought, especially from the meh start.

Not sure what to read next, but when I decide, I'll update. I think Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead is the front runner at the moment.

message 32: by Adele (new)

Adele hello everyone! I just finished To All the Boys I've Loved Before last night so today I'm starting Anna Dressed in Blood and Angelfall

Angie! The Darkest Minds is a dark but bloody brilliant dystopian read! Hope you love it as much as I do!

message 34: by Adele (new)

Adele TDM is such a great book.

Can't wait for the last book in TDM trilogy to come out, I think in October.

message 36: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 94 comments Has anyone read Awaken by Nina Soden? I thought it was a great read. I'm starting on the 2nd book: Beginnings.

Angela wrote: "Has anyone read Awaken by Nina Soden? I thought it was a great read. I'm starting on the 2nd book: Beginnings."

I read Awaken, I'm currently reading Beginnings myself.

message 38: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) I'm reading A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) by George R.R. Martin and Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

message 39: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 94 comments Just finished 30 Days (30 Days, #1) by K. Larsen

message 40: by Rose (new)

Rose (comicbook_geek) I'm currently reading : The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner

message 41: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (kgiffin123) I love the maze runner series, can't wait for the movie! I'm reading origin by Jennifer l. Armentrout

message 42: by Erin Lynn (new)

Mister Teacher Person (A Squirrel Hill High Novel) by J.M. Varner The Epic of Clair by Eric Charles Hansen

And later today, I will start:
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer

message 43: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 112 comments I'm reading Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi and Pointe by Brandy Colbert

How is Pointe?

message 45: by Angela (last edited Aug 11, 2014 06:39PM) (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 94 comments ShadowRay Scratching the Surface by Michael J. Tyger and Evolution of Angels (E.o.A, #1) by Nathan Wall and The Spellbound Spirit (The Curious Collectibles #1) by Lana Hart These are what I reading now.

message 46: by Erin Lynn (new)

I'm also curious about Pointe. I haven't made up my mind entirely yet on if I want to read it or not.

message 47: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Smith (alyssasmith) I'm currently reading Ashfall by Mike Mullin...it's good, I'll probably read the whole trilogy.

message 48: by Erin Lynn (new)

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer

message 49: by Jess (new)

message 50: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 94 comments Shield of Fire (Bringer and the Bane, #1) by Boone Brux It's good so far. It's "A Bringer and Bane" novel. It's the first in a series.....

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24