Secret Santa gift exchange! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2016 Gift Exchange > Random Chitchat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 466 (466 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1723 comments Mod
Feel free to talk about anything and everything here :)

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen (bookfanatic55) | 901 comments You're doing this again! You are the best and truly rock, this is such a fun event because we all need more books, right?

message 3: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 153 comments Yay!! Glad you're doing this again this year Heather. I had so much fun last year. =)

I am!! I just sent out a mass broadcast to everyone!

message 5: by Tara Bieck (new)

Tara Bieck | 52 comments Whoop whoop!! I had so much fun last year participating for the first time and I'm super excited to do this again! YAY!

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 191 comments YAAASSSSSSSSSS!!! I want in! Though, this year, instead of getting books myself, I would ask my Elfster to send books to this Youth organization I support. That would make my heart so happy.

message 7: by Melanie~~ (new)

Melanie~~ (mcsc2008) | 94 comments I think I'm signed up. I even cleaned up my wish list.

Here we go!!!

message 8: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 153 comments I have to start a wish list from scratch...not that it will be all that difficult mind you. ;-)

Midniteillusion (Desiree) (midniteillusion) | 68 comments Woo-hoo!

It's that time again.

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen (bookfanatic55) | 901 comments Sandra wrote: "YAAASSSSSSSSSS!!! I want in! Though, this year, instead of getting books myself, I would ask my Elfster to send books to this Youth organization I support. That would make my heart so happy."

I want your name. You should do a wishlist for them because I so want to gift them a book or two no matter whose name I get. It's for kids and I <3 the kids.

message 11: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 153 comments Karen wrote: "Sandra wrote: "YAAASSSSSSSSSS!!! I want in! Though, this year, instead of getting books myself, I would ask my Elfster to send books to this Youth organization I support. That would make my heart s..."

That's a great idea Karen. I would love to do that too.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 50 comments I should be signed up! Very excited.

I have to make a new wishlist too! I'll check and make sure everyone is signed up for the current exchange when I get home!!

message 14: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 191 comments For the random chit-chatters interested in the Youth Group, check out www.jasmyn.org. Ebooks can be sent to CSDixon@jasmyn.org (she's got the Kindles that were donated), and their address for physical books is on the site.

My wishlist is done - all YA titles. :)

message 15: by Tabatha (new)

Tabatha (tabathas) | 30 comments Thank you so much for doing this again this year, Heather!

Thanks for joining! Invite others to join too! We usually get over 100 people participating! The bigger the better ;)

message 17: by Ami (new)

Ami (amie_07) | 264 comments Now I just have to think about my wish list *lol*

message 18: by Lisazj1 (new)

Lisazj1 | 1513 comments Sandra wrote: "YAAASSSSSSSSSS!!! I want in! Though, this year, instead of getting books myself, I would ask my Elfster to send books to this Youth organization I support. That would make my heart so happy."

I like this idea too. Make sure you post that up Sandra, along with the age group you're donating for. But include some wishes for yourself too. Knowing this group, there will be plenty of giving going around for everybody! :)

message 19: by Lisazj1 (new)

Lisazj1 | 1513 comments Thanks Heather for doing this again!! I know it's a lot of work and it is so appreciated!!

message 20: by Lisazj1 (new)

Lisazj1 | 1513 comments Yeah, making the wishlist takes a bit of time. For me anyway, because I want everything, LOL! It's hard to pick & choose.

Roger - president of NBR United - (roger_presidentofnbrunited) | 201 comments cleaned up and started adding to my wish list. so many of the books on my list I bought on sale sometime this year.

message 22: by Lisazj1 (new)

Lisazj1 | 1513 comments Roger - president of NBR United - wrote: "cleaned up and started adding to my wish list. so many of the books on my list I bought on sale sometime this year."

Same here! Hi Roger! :)

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (bvicki) | 74 comments YEAH! So excited to do this again, last year was fun. I just updated my wishlist.

Thanks Heather! :)

I bought a ton too over last year! I need a whole new wishlist!

message 25: by Kendra (new)

Kendra T (kendra1117) | 144 comments I can't even imagine what my list would be like if I didn't update it. I have a special bookshelf on GR for SS. If I buy a book, I take it off that list. So much easier. I'm dreading actually going in to add to it, now, though.

message 26: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. | 333 comments I have a long wish list on amazon. This is the first year I have one on GR also

message 27: by MountainKat (new)

MountainKat | 67 comments Woohoo! So glad to be back - thanks Heather!

MountainKat wrote: "Woohoo! So glad to be back - thanks Heather!"

I'm happy to have everyone back!!

Sarah (needs a break from reviewing) (sarahjf1984) | 134 comments So happy for Secret Santa to be back! I've missed it all year : ( I don't even remember what was on my wishlist from last year, so it'll be interesting to look at it again and see what needs updating.

message 30: by Devon (new)

Devon (zeppelin78) | 39 comments I'm really looking forward to finding out who I'm buying for! Love stuff like this where I can give gifts :)

Think I'll make a Secret Santa shelf so my SS doesn't have to wade through the almost 600 book strong wishlist I got going lol.

Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~ (lisa44870) | 198 comments Thanks for doing this again Heather, it's so much fun!

Am4u ❀ ~ AprilMarie4u ~ ❀  (aprilmarie4u) | 147 comments Yay! I'm in, this is so much fun. Can't wait to start playing Santa! Thanks for inviting me =)

I'm excited to gift too! I'm in the mood for happiness!!

Nadine Bookaholic (nadinesobsessedwithbooks) | 148 comments Thanks for coordinating this again, I love the secret santa exchange!

message 35: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 153 comments Devon wrote: "I'm really looking forward to finding out who I'm buying for! Love stuff like this where I can give gifts :)

Think I'll make a Secret Santa shelf so my SS doesn't have to wade through the almost 6..."

Wow! That is quite the wishlist Devon. I think mine has 38 books or so on it. Of course those are just the ones that I want to buy right now!!! lol! I think I might go ahead and actually add my wishlist to elfster this year instead of just linking back to my GR one. Since it's so small it shouldn't take me long.

Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter (dirvine77) | 18 comments The SS shelf sounds like a great idea...do most people give ebook are actual paperback copies??

Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter wrote: "The SS shelf sounds like a great idea...do most people give ebook are actual paperback copies??"

Most people give ebooks!

Eepa *mm loving bookworm* (eepa) | 70 comments Heather, I have some vague memories about problems with Elfster wishlists not being visible to the gifter last year due to the wishlist being attached to the previous gift exchange.

Are my memories correct at all?

I did start all new wishlist based on that, hoping I would not run into the same problems I had last year. =P And this is shaping to be quite and interesting wishlist too. x)

message 39: by Karen (new)

Karen (bookfanatic55) | 901 comments Sandra wrote: "For the random chit-chatters interested in the Youth Group, check out www.jasmyn.org. Ebooks can be sent to CSDixon@jasmyn.org (she's got the Kindles that were donated), and their address for physi..."

Ok so am I understanding this correctly Sandra the wishlist is under your name on Elfster but when we gift them we send them to CSDixon@jasmyn.org right?

Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter (dirvine77) | 18 comments Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter wrote: "The SS shelf sounds like a great idea...do most people give ebook are actual paperback copies??"

Most people give ebooks!"

Sounds like a plan!!

Eepa *mm loving bookworm* wrote: "Heather, I have some vague memories about problems with Elfster wishlists not being visible to the gifter last year due to the wishlist being attached to the previous gift exchange.

Are my memori..."

You are correct! I'm not sure how to remedy that though... I guess update your wishlists??

message 42: by Karen (new)

Karen (bookfanatic55) | 901 comments Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Eepa *mm loving bookworm* wrote: "Heather, I have some vague memories about problems with Elfster wishlists not being visible to the gifter last year due to the wishlist being attached to the previ..."

I just got done dealing with this and I ended up just deleting my old list and adding a new one. There's probably an easier way but if all else fails this seems to work.

message 43: by ~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (last edited Oct 25, 2016 07:19PM) (new)

~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (leilanilives2read) | 345 comments I actually renamed my existing wish list and made sure to link it to this year's exchange and unlinked it from last year's. Of course there was only one book since last year on the list that I hadn't bought or been given. So back to the drawing board for updating the list. Hopefully that worked and you guys can see it.

message 44: by Lila (new)

Lila Hunter (hunterromances) | 262 comments Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Eepa *mm loving bookworm* wrote: "Heather, I have some vague memories about problems with Elfster wishlists not being visible to the gifter last year due to the wishlist being attached to the previ..."

After you RSVP for the exchange, click on the top link "your wish list." On the top right corner, under your profile thumb profile picture is a symbol for settings, click on it. It will give you the option to rename your list and who can see it. Just unclick any previous lists, and click the box for the 2016 gift exchange. Then, hit save.

message 45: by Ami (new)

Ami (amie_07) | 264 comments Eepa *mm loving bookworm* wrote: "Heather, I have some vague memories about problems with Elfster wishlists not being visible to the gifter last year due to the wishlist being attached to the previous gift exchange..."

You can change the setting... Click "your wish list" on top banner, and then click the gear setting. Then you can check who can see your wish list. I joined this exchange three times, so I just update my wish list and check the box "2016 Goodreads Exchange" so those who can see it are those joined this year exchange.

message 46: by Michael (new)

Michael (mgm58) | 19 comments My first time at this so I may stumble around a bit. Thanks Heather for putting this on and thanks M'rella for the invite. I guess the first step it to clean up my "To-Buy" shelf and get a wish list going.

message 47: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 191 comments Karen wrote: "Ok so am I understanding this correctly Sandra the wishlist is under your name on Elfster but when we gift them we send them to CSDixon@jasmyn.org right? ."

Yes. That's one of the two emails we used to get the Kindles set up. If you give a Kindle book as a gift, please be sure to copy me at sandra@myfictionnook.com, otherwise I won't see it. :) I've added a few YA books, but I'll be adding more as we go.

Thank you!!

Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter (dirvine77) | 18 comments I have the wish list on elfster setup now, but is it easier to make a shelf on goodreads?

Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter wrote: "I have the wish list on elfster setup now, but is it easier to make a shelf on goodreads?"

I do both, honestly. But my GR shelves are messier!

message 50: by Shari-amor (new)

Shari-amor | 106 comments Oooh that makes sense to add my kindle address to my profile to make it easier to send ebooks. Thaaanks for that tidbit ^_^

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.