The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) The House of Hades discussion


1378 views
Am I the only one who hates Annabeth?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,024 (1024 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

message 1: by sim (new) - rated it 5 stars

sim I probably am. I'm going to have a lot of people go against me on this thread but I'll stand up for what I believe in because I don't understand what's so likable about Annabeth. OK, she's wise and all the Athena stuff and also really pretty but you know what else she is? She's also haughty, pompous, bossy, paranoid and moody. Have you seen how over-proctective about Percy? So insecure!
I mean I was never EXTREMELY fond of her but in PJO I was like, Annabeth's fine. But since The Lost Hero, she doesn't stop getting on my nerves and I can't help but hate her with everything I've got.
Okay, I've made my point. You can attack now, Annabeth lovers and Percabeth shippers...


message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

^^This.
Finally, someone agrees with me! *hugs*
She was HORRIBLE to Rachel and Tyson for no reason! She judged Tyson immediately and she only disliked Rachel for liking Percy!


message 3: by sim (new) - rated it 5 stars

sim Exactly Shahdia! Rachel knew Annabeth liked Percy too but was she horrible to her? That would be a NO! Annabeth's also so judgemental...look how she judged Tyson when she didn't even know him! Percy could do a LOT better :/


Kamiko Um.... I will try not to get angry. Annabeth hated Tyson the first time she saw him because he's a cyclops. Not all cyclops are good. Tyson is awesome, though. Annabeth almost died because of a cyclops. She loves him now. SHE'S AWESOME!!!!!


Kamiko What?


Kamiko Oh, right. They are the only ones who hate Annabeth. That's like hating the books...


message 8: by Genevieve (new) - added it

Genevieve Renee I feel like that's a big part of her character development. A twelve-year-old comes into contact with something of the same species that caused the death of her best friend. It's similar to a fear of men caused by an attack. However, she got to know him as an exception to Cyclopes. Character development. Same with Rachel. She was jealous because Rachel was interested in Percyl Now, she saw that Reyna was interested in Percy, and just went with it and tried to make peace. She's grown a whole lot.. Her flaw is extreme pride because she is very intelligent. I really see all of this as realistic character building. She's a real person, because she has flaws and tries to overcome them.


message 9: by Genevieve (new) - added it

Genevieve Renee I feel like that's a big part of her character development. A twelve-year-old comes into contact with something of the same species that caused the death of her best friend. It's similar to a fear of men caused by an attack. However, she got to know him as an exception to Cyclopes. Character development. Same with Rachel. She was jealous because Rachel was interested in Percy Now, she saw that Reyna was interested in Percy, and just went with it and tried to make peace. She's grown a whole lot.. Her flaw is extreme pride because she is very intelligent. I really see all of this as realistic character building. She's a real person, because she has flaws and tries to overcome them.


Kamiko All of the characters have developed a lot!. You really notice it in Percy since we've known him the longest and we've been in his head for five books until we're introduced to the seven


message 11: by Drew (new) - rated it 3 stars

Drew Nightlock wrote: "I probably am. I'm going to have a lot of people go against me on this thread but I'll stand up for what I believe in because I don't understand what's so likable about Annabeth. OK, she's wise and..."

I agree! Although I don't HATE Annabeth, and I'm a huge Percabeth shipper (I think they fit so well with each other), she's never been my favorite character. I like Hazel far better, and maybe even Piper as much, if not more, than her.


Kamiko Annabeth is my second favorite character


Kaitlyn Genevieve wrote: "I feel like that's a big part of her character development. A twelve-year-old comes into contact with something of the same species that caused the death of her best friend. It's similar to a fear ..."

I agree with you. All characters have flaws so, of course Annabeth will have some bad/annoying things about her but I LOVELOVELOVE Annabeth she is one my favorite characters.


Nicoleofan {mellie} Annabeth annoyed me at first.
She seemed like this Miss know it all who was too prideful and all that fun stuff.


But after the House of Hades, I respect her.


Veronica i always like annabeth


message 16: by beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

beth Honestly, Annabeth is my least favourite female in the entire series...


message 17: by beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

beth Oh and PERICO ALL THE WAY!!!!


Rachel Jackson One of my best friends hates Annabeth which shocked me a lot because according to me like Kamiko said hating Annabeth is like hating the books, but when Annabeth was the first to go on the recent Demigod elimination game I realised that there are many more ppl like that.
Annabeth had Percy's back from the first book and without her percy would have never in a million years made it till Last Olympian alive. She doesn't have crazy awesome powers like Percy, Jason or anyone else of the seven but is still considered to be the leader of the seven and a very powerful demigod because of her knowledge , wisdom and battle experience. Annabeth proved in MoA that she isn't any regular demigod by completing her own solo death quest.
And if tarturus didn't prove to you how percabeth are made for each other I honestly don't know what will.


message 19: by beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

beth Rachel wrote: "One of my best friends hates Annabeth which shocked me a lot because according to me like Kamiko said hating Annabeth is like hating the books, but when Annabeth was the first to go on the recent D..."

I like Annabeth. Can I just say that? All I said was that she was the female character I disliked the most. Most of the female's in this series I really like! I just happen to like Annabeth less than everyone else. It's not that I dislike Annabeth, it's that I like everyone else more. Does that make sense to everyone?
And I like Percabeth as well. Just in my opinion, it is overrated. The amount of Percabeth edits on instagram is crazy, so now I prefer Perico better. I know it will never happen, but I find it fun imagining how the series would have changed if it did...


Rachel Jackson ♆Beth♆Queen of Awesomeness♆Team Pereoiconicaol♆ wrote: "Rachel wrote: "One of my best friends hates Annabeth which shocked me a lot because according to me like Kamiko said hating Annabeth is like hating the books, but when Annabeth was the first to go ..."

Yes I guess that does make sense. Annabeth is one my favourite characters and I relate to her a lot. Do you expect the thread Am I the only who hates Annabeth? To go down well with me? I seemed to have got a bit carried away.


message 21: by beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

beth Rachel wrote: "♆Beth♆Queen of Awesomeness♆Team Pereoiconicaol♆ wrote: "Rachel wrote: "One of my best friends hates Annabeth which shocked me a lot because according to me like Kamiko said hating Annabeth is like ..."

Haha, it's fine. We both got a bit carried away!!


Megan Butterfield Annabeth IS prideful and she DOES know she's really smart. BUT she's not proud of it! Which makes a big difference! She knows that pride is her fatal flaw and she tries not to be. Nobody's perfect in the PJO series which might be why I love it so much! Annabeth is definitely one of my favorite female characters.


message 23: by Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ (last edited Feb 13, 2014 07:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America Shahdia wrote: "^^This.
Finally, someone agrees with me! *hugs*
She was HORRIBLE to Rachel and Tyson for no reason! She judged Tyson immediately and she only disliked Rachel for liking Percy!"


Lets not forget that she had a very dark past and didnt know who to trust! She almost joined the hunters and her best friend turned into a pine tree for a period of time and LUKE BETRAYED HER! Its like her to be judgemental she doesnt know WHO to trust! Annabeth is clever and a great character to me! She might seem a bit harsh at first and VERY judgemental but once you earn her "approval" she is loyal and fears lossing people like Percy to another person like Rachel. But she is strong willed, head strong, and equally stuborn for that reason she reminds me of Reyna. She CHANGE since pjo because Percy went missing and she didnt wanna loose him like LUKE she felt alone and Thalia already joined the HUnters. She judged Jason a little because i guess he reminded her of Percy with his leadership skills and loyalty and she was hoping Percy would come back insteeed of him.


notyourfriend Annabeth is freaking awesome. She's got her knife and her dark past and a fight in her that can't be decribed. And I mean, you can't hate on her cause she's smart cause she's the daughter of the goddess of wisdom, she can't HELP it.


message 25: by sim (new) - rated it 5 stars

sim ♆Beth♆Queen of Awesomeness♆Team Pereoiconicaol♆ wrote: "Rachel wrote: "One of my best friends hates Annabeth which shocked me a lot because according to me like Kamiko said hating Annabeth is like hating the books, but when Annabeth was the first to go ..."

EXACTLY! Percabeth is RIDICULOUSLY overrated! I might've liked it at sometime during Titan's Curse or something but once I saw the hype it got and how it didn't deserve it, I started disliking it and slowly and steadily, now I've come to hate it! :X


Rachel Jackson Nightlock wrote: "♆Beth♆Queen of Awesomeness♆Team Pereoiconicaol♆ wrote: "Rachel wrote: "One of my best friends hates Annabeth which shocked me a lot because according to me like Kamiko said hating Annabeth is like ..."

Can you explain why you hate Percabeth? Why do you think it's overrated and doesn't deserve the hype its geting?

And can I just say since you are the one who started this thread that I really hate threads that promote hate towards characters. Every PJO fan will have their favourite and least favourite for some reason or the other. Started a thread like this or the ones about piper or anyone else just pits fans against each other.


message 27: by beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

beth Nightlock wrote: "♆Beth♆Queen of Awesomeness♆Team Pereoiconicaol♆ wrote: "Rachel wrote: "One of my best friends hates Annabeth which shocked me a lot because according to me like Kamiko said hating Annabeth is like ..."

Yeah, I mean, don't get me wrong, Percabeth is awesome. But too overrated, and so I prefer Perico. And I know some people won't agree, but this is just my opinion.


message 28: by Dauntless (new) - added it

Dauntless Demigod Kamiko wrote: "Um.... I will try not to get angry. Annabeth hated Tyson the first time she saw him because he's a cyclops. Not all cyclops are good. Tyson is awesome, though. Annabeth almost died because of a cy..."

yeah mee too i will hold back my anger and be fair.if this is fair i will say that she has been through a lot and see has the right to.


Kamiko Ok, I can't take it anymore! If people go as far as hating Percabeth, what dare I ask is NEXT? Are people gonna start rooting for Percy and Reyna? 'Cause hating Annabeth is crossing a LINE. If you cross that line, you hate or support ANYTHING. Are people starting to wish that Annabeth and LUKE were together?????????????????


message 30: by Drew (new) - rated it 3 stars

Drew Kamiko wrote: "Ok, I can't take it anymore! If people go as far as hating Percabeth, what dare I ask is NEXT? Are people gonna start rooting for Percy and Reyna? 'Cause hating Annabeth is crossing a LINE. If you ..."

That's how I feel about Percy and Nico. It's like when Rick Riordan was writing The House of Hades he thought, "Hmm, people might be getting tired of Percabeth. I'll just write that Nico had a crush on Percy since The Titan's Curse! That'll give the fans something!"

I, for one, adore Percabeth, as I already wrote in an earlier comment. Even though Annabeth may not be my favorite character, NO ONE but she and Percy belong with each other. Not Nico, not Rachel, not Reyna, not Luke.


Lioness660 I guess I agree to disagree with you. You said that she's paranoid, but monsters have been a present problem in her life since she was seven, and she watched one of her friends be killed by them. I think she deserves to right to be paranoid. And I think she's insecure because people leave her a lot. Thalia died, Luke betrayed her, and she's nearly lost Percy several times, so she's over protective and insecure because she's afraid of losing her other friends.

I respect that you don't like her, and that she had flaws, but you have to remember that even though she's a character, she's still (half) human, and everyone has flaws. I disagree with you but I respect your opinion.


Kamiko Even gods have flaws. Well, actually.... they have a lot of flaws!


Kamiko Yeah, she sort of is


Laura Tyree I still love Annabeth,but she was so mean to Rachel and Tyson!!!


message 35: by Dauntless (new) - added it

Dauntless Demigod I will always ship percannabeth


Laura Tyree Hi


Laura Tyree Are you new too?


Laura Tyree Is anyone else mad Piper is not Jason's real girlfriend???


message 39: by Dauntless (new) - added it

Dauntless Demigod Kinda is intimidating but thy are legit


Fatema what are you talking about? i love annabeth. she's smart, pretty, and a thinker. she had some bad experiences. if you were in her shoes, you would have judged tyson too.


Kamiko Your defying the laws of books by hating Annabeth


message 42: by Dauntless (new) - added it

Dauntless Demigod I agree


Mayah Genevieve wrote: "I feel like that's a big part of her character development. A twelve-year-old comes into contact with something of the same species that caused the death of her best friend. It's similar to a fear ..."

Very well put! I agree completely! I enjoy the books because Rick Riordan put the characters with flaws, otherwise it would be completely unrealistic! I really like Annabeth, she is smart, wise, friendly, selfless, and it doesn't help that she is pretty. And yes, it was rather mean of her to judge Tyson, but
if you were in such a bad situation with cyclops when you were young, you would be scared too.


message 44: by Ananth (new)

Ananth Katie wrote: "And if you like a boy, and another girl likes that boy, you usually don't like that girl either. Very realistic of Rick"

Are you sure you're not Katie Gardiner, Daughter of Demeter?


message 45: by Ananth (new)

Ananth Just don't make somebody's life fucked up by casting a spell on them.


message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Kamiko wrote: "Your defying the laws of books by hating Annabeth"

No way I hated-and still hate and will forever hate- annabeth. Ugh her smartness and attitude and personality makes me want to punch my head through a wall sometimes.


message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

*wince* okay maybe my hate for annabeth is totally illogical


message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

No I totally agree... I just... there's just something about her that just makes want to strangle someone. Yep I am definitely illogical.


message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

No need :) it's all okay. I've been called illogical before (a lot)


message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

It's just hard to find that reason sometimes isnt it? :)


« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
back to top