Dare to Dream discussion

Books > Reading time

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (crazdwriter) So how many books are you reading at one time?

Me I have at least 4 books that I am reading at one time plus 5 books checked out of the library that will be due on the 14th & the 19th...busy busy I shall be in the reading area lol

message 2: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 2526 comments Mod
Oh yeah. I always have several going at the same time. Sometimes they take me days and others take me months to get through depending on my interest. I usually always have one audiobook and anywhere from 2-5 printed books :-)

message 3: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

sometimes I have to return library books before I finish them so I just put in a request for the book again the next day :-)

message 4: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (crazdwriter) What books are you currently reading, Dustin?

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2889 comments i think i may be in the minority as i only read one book at a time lol- i think if i read multiple books at once i would start confusing the storylines. I just finished Thr3e and i'm gonna start The Taking in a few days.

message 6: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (crazdwriter) Tell me how The Taking is, Rachel.

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2889 comments Lacey wrote: "Tell me how The Taking is, Rachel."

i'll let you know. (If you like dean koontz- check out koontzland- it's a group co moderated by dustin for fans of dean koontz)(the taking is the june group read).

message 8: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (crazdwriter) I'll check it out for sure. Love Dean Koontz. And I've never done the whole reading group thing. Is it fun to do that?

message 9: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bailey (jsbailey) | 130 comments Rachel wrote: "i think i may be in the minority as i only read one book at a time lol- i think if i read multiple books at once i would start confusing the storylines. I just finished Thr3e and i'm gonna start T..."

I only read one book at a time, too. It usually takes me about a week to get through one novel.

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine | 734 comments I usually read about 2 or 3 books at a time. I always have at least one nonfiction book going. I can't read it alone.

message 11: by Nora aka Diva (new)

Nora aka Diva (DuctTapeDiva) | 500 comments Rachel wrote: "i think i may be in the minority as i only read one book at a time lol- i think if i read multiple books at once i would start confusing the storylines. I just finished Thr3e and i'm gonna start T..."

Nope, I only read one book at a time too.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2889 comments Lacey wrote: "I'll check it out for sure. Love Dean Koontz. And I've never done the whole reading group thing. Is it fun to do that?"

I joined koontzland in march but this is the first time i'm going to read with the group (its not a requirement but it looks fun). glad you joined :)

message 13: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (last edited May 31, 2012 07:37PM) (new)

Lacey wrote: "What books are you currently reading, Dustin?"

I'm currently reading The Taking by Dean Koontz (of course), The Power by Rhonda Byrne, and Fitting Ends by Dan Chaon.
The Taking by Dean Koontz The Power by Rhonda Byrne Fitting Ends by Dan Chaon

Thanks for joining Koontzland :-) FYI: Nominating for July Group Read will begin shortly there and Dean's newest book Odd Apocalypse is released in 60 days - July 31st.

message 14: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (crazdwriter) Very cool Dustin! And July is my bday so pick a good one that I haven't read so I can buy myself a present hehehe

message 15: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (last edited May 31, 2012 08:14PM) (new)

I think I'm going to nominate Odd Hours. Have you read that one in the Odd Thomas series? You can nominate a title or two also...you'll just have to check which ones we've already featured because in Koontzland we have a rule that titles previously featured as group reads are not eligible for nomination.

message 16: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (crazdwriter) No I haven't but again I haven't read any in the Odd Thomas series yet.

message 17: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Maybe you should read them all before book 5 is released in 60 days :-)

message 18: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 140 comments I will listen to two books at a time, one at home and one in my car and then I will be reading a couple as well.

message 19: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (crazdwriter) Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "Maybe you should read them all before book 5 is released in 60 days :-)"
Lol I could but I have other books twit i have checked out from the library that I am currently reading as well so I wouldn't have the time. Plus I have work and all that so I couldn't do it. Lol but I am reading The Taken with you guys.

message 20: by Becca (new)

Becca (goblinfan) | 402 comments I have no idea where to post this and I figured this group has the most wide ranging collection of readers. I'm looking for a book that has space pirates. And possibly vampires. Mostly though I'm looking for space pirates. Any recs would be much appreciated. Thanks.

message 21: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Becca wrote: "I have no idea where to post this and I figured this group has the most wide ranging collection of readers. I'm looking for a book that has space pirates. And possibly vampires. Mostly though I'm l..."

Good luck on your search :-)

message 22: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

If you do a general goodreads search using "Space Pirates", you will find a wide variety of curious titles such as this one:
I Was Kidnapped by Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space #1

message 23: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Is this the book you're looking for?

Butt Pirates in Space

message 24: by Becca (new)

Becca (goblinfan) | 402 comments Ummm....no. Not exactly. But thanks for the help Dustin.

message 25: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (darkstarcassidy) | 257 comments Lmao

message 26: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Becca wrote: "Ummm....no. Not exactly. But thanks for the help Dustin."

:-) You're Welcome!

message 27: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 140 comments Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "If you do a general goodreads search using "Space Pirates", you will find a wide variety of curious titles such as this one:
I Was Kidnapped by Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space #1"

OMG, seriously DC you crack me up!

message 28: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

I like to help :-) What subject were you wanting to read about Tracy? I'll be happy to see what the goodreads search brings up.

message 29: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 140 comments Umm...that's ok Dustin, I think I have that covered. No telling what you would dredge up.

message 31: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 140 comments I have never heard of any of these books. You find the weirdest, strangest, craziest books and put them on here. Do you read them as well?

message 32: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Tracy wrote: "I have never heard of any of these books. You find the weirdest, strangest, craziest books and put them on here. Do you read them as well?"

Sometimes I'll read them if the library has them available. I usually won't buy them. I would like to read some books by bizarro author Carlton Mellick III, such as:
The Haunted Vagina
The Baby Jesus Butt Plug
Apeshit
The Cannibals of Candyland
Razor Wire Pubic Hair
The Faggiest Vampire
The Morbidly Obese Ninja
I Knocked Up Satan's Daughter: A Demonic Romantic Comedy
Christmas on Crack
Barbarian Beast Bitches of the Badlands

Mellick has written several books but I have only found one available through the Public Library.

message 33: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 140 comments I have never heard of any of these books DC. I haven't heard of the author either. The mystery is where did you find this author? Is he a neighbor of yours or a coffee drinking buddy?

message 34: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

I just found him on goodreads :-) I think his books sound very interesting and creative, don't you?