Start by marking “Thr3e” as Want to Read:
Thr3e

Thr3e

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  29,214 ratings  ·  1,757 reviews
The award-winning, best-selling suspense masterwork, now a major motion picture event.

Enter a world where nothing is what it seems. Where your closest friend could be your greatest enemy.

Kevin Parson is alone in his car when his cell phone rings. A man calling himself Slater offers a deadly ultimatum: "You have exactly three minutes to confess your sin to the world. Refuse
Published December 10th 2006 by WestBow Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Thr3e, please sign up.
Amanda I think the book is good for one really good read. However, if thrillers are your standard fare it might be easier to guess the ending - I'm not sure.…moreI think the book is good for one really good read. However, if thrillers are your standard fare it might be easier to guess the ending - I'm not sure. I definitely enjoyed it & didn't want to put it down. (less)
Jack Vasen The mystery and twists are great and can be enjoyed without being religious. There is a little bit of preaching about man's struggle with sin in his…moreThe mystery and twists are great and can be enjoyed without being religious. There is a little bit of preaching about man's struggle with sin in his nature.(less)

·  29,214 ratings  ·  1,757 reviews

Pamela
Jul 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
I picked up this book because I love thrillers and after reading the synopsis I thought I'd give it a try. What a mistake. I can't figure out how this could be considered a thriller. It was such a boring book but I kept hoping. The book dragged on and on, focusing on details that were not only unnecessary but also dragged out the tale needlessly. You could tell the author was trying to create and build suspense everytime it got around to finding the "bomb", but it was just laughable. About two-t ...more
unknown
Nov 04, 2010 marked it as to-not-read-ever
Robert Beveridge
Ted Dekker, Thr3e (Thomas Nelson, 2003)

Going into this book and knowing it was “Christian fiction”, I really have to admit I didn't expect a great deal (read: anything) from it. There are really, really good Christian writers, but in general, they are writers who happen to be Christian (Madeleine L'Engle is an obvious example, as is Francois Mauriac); as with every other type of message, the really good ones just kind of let the message come through subconsciously and don't beat the reader over
Scarlet Cameo
Lectura conjunta con el grupo 221 b Baker street

Este es uno de los casos muy extraños de un libro que tiene todo para ser excelente pero que al final me hizo sentir que faltaba algo. No se si fuera porque gran parte del tiempo lo sentí como que ya lo habia visto en algun otro lugar o porque Kevin me desesperaba enormemente perono me encanto, simplemente me gusto mucho, pero más que por la trama en si fue por el trabajo que nuestroprotagonisgta se encontraba preparando.

En verdad que ese aspecto,
Franco  Santos
Más de lo mismo pero entretenido. Capaz vuelva al autor, dentro de todo me dejó una buena impresión, pero, como ya dije, no lo considero nada fuera de lo normal, e incluso me pareció, hasta cierto punto, mal llevado a cabo. De todas formas lo recomiendo para pasar el rato.
Jessica
Aug 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was the first book that I read of Ted Dekker's, and I was so impressed with his knowledge and writing techniques. The story is thrilling and was a perfect page turner for my husband (who isn't an avid reader) and me. And I LOVE the ending...big twist.
Ariannha
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Un libro que no te brinda ni un segundo de respiro.
No puedo decir nada que no se convierta en un spoiler, por tanto me lo reservo; pero para quien se anime a leerlo, encontrará un thriller excepcional con un giro inesperado hacia su final.

100% recomendado

P.D.: La película no le rinde homenaje al libro.
Carla Dente
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5
Pueden decir lo que quieran de este libro, pero a mi me encantó!!!!!!!!!!!!! *O* (no leí muchos libros de este género y no puedo guiarme con nada, pero realmente disfruté mucho leyéndolo, los personajes me encantaron, creo que el autor supo desarrollar muy bien la trama y no me venía venir el final)
¡LO AMÉ!
Mike (the Paladin)
Mar 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: skimmed
Let me open for those of you who don't know me by saying, I'm a Christian. I read a lot and am always on the look out for good fiction. I also like good Christian fiction. Ted Dekker has written several books and is a very popular writer and I wish him the best. If you're his fan and I see he has many more power to you and I'm happy for you. I see many liked this book.

This is the fourth book I've read (tried to read) by Mr. Dekker. I am forced to the conclusion that I'm just not going to be a Te
Nov 24, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sarah by: members of Mom's book club
Based on reading Thr3e, I'd say that Ted Dekker is an excellent storyteller, but not the greatest writer.

I couldn't put the book down when I was reading it because the story was so intense and gripping. I had to know what happened next... and "what happened next" totally blind-sided me. I never saw it coming. If you're looking for a great suspense/mystery/thriller story that's clean but not preachy, this one does it for the Christian and non-Christian alike.

However, the whole time I was reading
Erika
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Wow! este libro me recordó porque amo los thrillers. No lo ví venir, si bien el secreto ronda, la explicación del título del libro me encantó. Y la reflexión muy precisa. Recomendado total!
Denisse
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the smartest things I've read.
My Dekker-fangirl-heart needs a reread <3
Katie Grace
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
my mind is still spinning over that ending. o.o
Jerry
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the book that put Ted Dekker on the map. I've read varying reviews: many people have adored it, whereas others have despised it, especially the ending (which I won't reveal here). Even though I'd read it before and seen the movie--both when I was in college, which was years ago--and therefore already knew what would transpire, I had fun reading this thriller. Maybe it isn't this author's best, but, hey, we all have to start somewhere. Then again, I'm just a sucker for a story; as long a ...more
Corinna
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
This was the author of my teen years. I devoured everything he wrote. Honestly, I can't say with absolute certainty I'd rate this book so high if I were to pick it up today. But I was absolutely mind-boggled the first time I read it. It has a special place in my heart, if for no other reasons than nostalgia and a twist I did not see coming at that age.
S. Div.
Dec 01, 2010 rated it did not like it
Alondra
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Wow! My brain could not comprehend that ending at all!

This book is purely psychological and keeps you guessing about good and evil to the very end. This is a must read for those who love suspense, because I kept wondering, "What is the secret!!???" And when it was finally revealed, I just sat there with my mouth hanging open. It was hinted at, but too many clues in the book indicated otherwise.

I think I have become a new fan of Mr. Dekker.
Hannah Rodriguez
Wow.
Pure genius. I wasn't expecting the ending.
(All Ted dekker books will be 5 stars from what I see)
LEIDO PARA EL 2015 READING CHALLENGE: #11 A BOOK WITH A ONE WORD TITLE

Tuve buenos y malos momentos con este libro. Es un buen thriller, que empieza muy bien y muy intenso, pero que a la mitdad del libro decae un poco. Creo que con unas páginas menos hubiera estado mejor.

Aún así, "la resolución" levanta mucho porque cuando crees que resolviste el misterio, hay una vuelta de tuerca más y el escritor demuestra que el dió todas las pistas necesarias, solo que no nos dimos cuenta de lo que realmen
Jessica
Sep 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 16 And Up
READ THIS BOOK!!!
It was thrilling, amazing, edge-of-your-seat thriller!!!! I couldn't put it down, I read it till late at night, and then had trouble sleeping! :D
I can't tell much of the plot, for that would give the story away, but here's a brief bit from christianbook.com:

Imagine answering your cell phone to hear a stranger's voice issuing a chilling threat: You have three minutes to confess your sin, or he'll blow your car to smithereens. You pull over and flee just in time---but the threats
Jetzabel
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Al inicio del libro estaba emocionada porque, ¿qué es mejor que un buen crimen lleno de suspenso? Pero a la mitad me sentí un poco decepcionada porque se estaba convirtiendo en mucho de una sola cosa y solo se repetía y repetía. Hasta pensé que le daría tres estrellas. Los seis últimos capítulos me dejaron con la boca abierta. Un final inesperado, un gran plot twist. Aplausos para el autor.
Wilier
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Este libro es una lastima total... Se va volviendo cada vez mas aburrido luego de la trama inicial que te atrapa y promete mucho. Su principal argumento (la confesión del protagonista de su pecado mas oscuro) se torna bastante caricaturesca de parte del autor, y el final bastante insuficiente la verdad.

Sin embargo aporta bastantes momentos entretenidos pero sin llegar a ser una obra de 5 estrellas.
Mirta Prieto
me encantó, este libro! me mantuvo enganchadísima de principio a fin! (view spoiler) en resumen, super super recomendado ...more
Ed
May 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not recommended to young readers or teens.
William  Catalán
De todos los libros que he leído hasta el momento este ha sido el único que me ha echo explotar la cabeza 🤯 con su desenlase, ahora entiendo perfectamente el nombre y la portada.
Jinky
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Oh Brenda, oh Brenda at WV Stitcher, you reminded me not to judge a book by its cover. I would have bypassed this book because the cover's too freakin' scary!! But you were so kind to offer it to me and since it traveled over 3,000 miles to get to me and three being one of my favorite numbers, well, I took a deep breath and avoided looking at the cover as much as possible.

Wow, talk about edge of your seat thrilling! I was hooked from the beginning. My heart rate finally went down during the init
French Giant
Oct 15, 2010 rated it did not like it
I can only hope that my one star rating will help nudge this book's overall rating below a 4 because as it stands now (4.02) it is severely inflated and misleading...So much so that initially I had no doubt in my mind that I would find some level of enjoyment in the book. My dear Goodreads friends, this is the first time you have lead me astray.

I'm not a book snob by any means, and typically I can find at least something enjoyable with each book I crack open, but this is by far the worst book I
Sherry
Aug 12, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-2015
I'm struggling writing this book review. I'm struggling with my decision to not finish the book. I wanted so badly to love this book - to even LIKE it, but it failed me. Or I failed it. I'm not sure. The book starts out with a brief and shallow discussion on the nature of evil in mankind. I think this was meant to be a foreshadowing device, but there was nothing profound in the discussion so nothing resonated or stuck with me. Right away we're thrown into some action by immediately being introdu ...more
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Those Desperate for a Thriller Without Sex or Swear Words
I read this because it was recommended on The Ultimate Reading List, which I've been working through. It was listed in the "Inspirational Fiction" section (the Christian Fiction) section, but one of the fairly good things about it is it's not at all preachy even though the man-in-peril in this one, Keven Parson, is a seminary student. The bad thing though is that its basically a routine suspense/thriller with a twist--that... Well, I didn't see it coming, but once it arrived I rolled my eyes, be ...more
Mom2triplets04
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow what a roller coaster of a ride. The beginning reminded me so much of the movie speed. But that ending I still can't believe it! Great read and I will certainly try another Ted Dekker book.
  • The Oath
  • Comes a Horseman
  • Demon
  • Blood of Heaven (Fire of Heaven, #1)
  • Dominion (Ollie Chandler #2)
  • The Knight (The Patrick Bowers Files, #3)
  • Plague Maker
  • Never Let You Go
  • Waking Lazarus
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
“Living is about clucking your tongue and enjoying the sound.
~Slater”