SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > Book Shelf BINGO R3 | Discussion Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 507 (507 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments SOS’ Third Round of Book Shelf Bingo is about to begin!

Thank you to all our members who joined us for our first round of Category Connect 4! I hope everyone enjoyed the game. :)

Book Shelf Bingo is similar to CC4 in that a shelf name is posted weekly and in order for your team to receive their stamp (on their bingo card) all members must read, rate and review their book. But, you will not have to think strategically, Mr. Randomizer will do all the heavy lifting for you.

Once the shelf name is announced, visit the link included in the announcement, choose your book, post your choice on your team's thread and get ta readin'. Once you're done, post your read date, 1-5★ rating and review. When all members of your team have RR&R'd their book, your team will receive a stamp for that shelf on your team bingo card.

The first team to get BINGO (5 in a row - horizontally, diagonally or vertically) wins! It's that easy!

We look forward to returning players as well as newbies joining us for Round 3 (R3)! Please read through the following and sign up in this thread, if you are interested.

If you are a new player: Please take into consideration, before signing up for this team challenge, that your team members will count on you and your steady participation throughout the length of the game.

There is no way to know in advance how long the game will last. R1 lasted 4.5 months and R2 lasted 2.5 months. The shelves are chosen using random.org, so there was a chance the game could have gone on longer.

Teams have their own team thread where members frequently chat about what they’re reading, post reviews and comments. You are welcome to look through the team threads (in our Book Shelf BINGO folder ) to get an idea of how the game flows.

It’s only fair that you consider all of this before making a decision to join us for R3. We want every member, new and returning, to be 110% sure they will be able to stick with their team throughout the length of the game. We are all aware that holidays will be taken, people will have real-life issues that cause conflict, and other issues may cause you to be less active for a certain amount of time. We are all understanding and accommodate our team members during their breaks.

Please read over these threads for more information. Playing the game is easy and not as complex as the directions make it sound. Feel free to ask any questions!

How to: Simplified for quick tips on how the game works
How to: Get Started, Get Playin' & Get Winnin' for full instructions on how to play and win the game
Shelf Annoucements will be made the same way (in addition to announcements on each team’s thread), providing each member with the name of the shelf and a direct link to the GR shelf to choose their next book

Once you’ve read through everything, if you are still interested in joining us for R3, please sign up below.

We will cut off sign-up at 36 players. So, don't delay, if you're interested in joining us! We will have 6 teams with 6 members each. Please feel free to sign-up after the cut-off, if you would like to be on our stand-by list. If someone drops out, I will contact those on the stand-by list to fill in.

MANDATORY: I will be sending a PM to everyone who signs up requesting that you confirm, one final time, if you are in 110% before I randomize players for teams. You will have TWO DAYS to respond to my PM. If you do not or decide to pass, I will PM the first member on the STAND-BY list and ask if they'd like to fill in. I will let you know prior to sending the PM, so you'll know when to check your in-boxes.

Myself, Sandra, Judithe & Laura Lulu are all looking forward to joining everyone for R3! Thank you to all the members who participated in R1+2!! We had a blast reading with you. We hope to see many new faces and returning faces in R3!

message 2: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Jul 12, 2011 06:28PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Book Shelf BINGO Round 3
Start Date: Sunday, 24 July

Player Slots Available: 36

When you sign up, please let me know if you would like to be a player or put on the stand-by list.

PM RSVP reply required by: Wednesday, 13 July

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Jul 17, 2011 06:00PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Sign-Up List
New/Returning Members

Players
✓ 1. StephB
✓ 2. Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (#6)
✓ 3. Ming (#8)
✓ 4. Judithe
✓ 5. Laura Lulu
✓ 6. Sandra
✓ 7. Vivian (#11)
✓ 8. Nici (#20)
✓ 9. Sarah (#21)
✓ 10. Laura (#24)
✓ 11. Crystal S (#25)
✓ 12. Erato (Dana) (#26)
✓ 13. Lizz (#27)
✓ 14. Vi (#29)
✓ 15. Josie (#30)
✓ 16. Michelle (#31)
✓ 17. Lili (#40)
✓ 18. Celine
✓ 19. Christina (#43)
✓ 20. Sallie (#44)
✓ 21. AH (#46)
✓ 22. Kristen (#50)
✓ 23. Sherri (#51)
✓ 24. Zina (#55)
✓ 25. Suzanne (#56)
✓ 26. Zaanodes (#57)
✓ 27. Alyssa (#58)
✓ 28. Daffodil (#60)
✓ 29. Carlyn (#61)
✓ 30. Sassy (#62)
✓ 31. Thenia (#63)
✓ 32. KarenF (#65)
✓ 33. Mary (#66)
✓ 34. Cristina (#67)
✓ 35. Amanda (#68)
✓ 36. Rachel (#72)
✓ 37. Heather (#75)
✓ 38. Amanda (#76)
✓ 39. Jackie M (#85)
✓ 40. Regina (#91)
✓ 41. Jessica (#96)
✓ 42. Lis (#102)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stand-By
1. Kimberly (#134/40)
2. Laurie (Laurielu) (#256)

message 4: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments {{SPACE SAVER}}

message 5: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Alrighty, SOSers! Have at it! Get your BSB slot now, before they are all gone. >;)

message 6: by Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (last edited Jul 07, 2011 09:21PM) (new)

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

OK.....now that THAT is out of the way....I'm definitely gonna be a player! PLEASE????

message 7: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Cindy (eclecticfirefly) wrote: "ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME"

LMAO!! Well, I did say three slots, didn't I? ;)

message 8: by Ming (new)

Ming | 247 comments Me thank you Cindy

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Three slots???? I'm already confused.....

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments YAY Ming!!!! Glad you saw my note at PBS.

message 11: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Bingo I'm in for. After the stress that was connect 4, ready for something less...cutthroat, lol. Sign me up :)

message 12: by Ming (new)

Ming | 247 comments I am all knowing, all seeing

message 13: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Cindy (eclecticfirefly) wrote: "Three slots???? I'm already confused....."

I mentioned in the other thread when you were talking about being sleepy that the thread was going up, but I needed three slots (message box 1-3), so wait until they were posted. No worries, it's all good.

message 14: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Welcome, Ming!

message 15: by Ming (new)

Ming | 247 comments and I am sitting at my desk listing the PNR I am threatening to send to you if no one else wants it. All of it. No matter if you want it or not.

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Guess I missed that one....I've been stalking here all night. Except when I went to PBS to let Ming know about the signups.

I'm nice like that! No, really I am! *blushes*

message 17: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments :D

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments I'll take it! You know I will.... SIGH....the sacrifices I make for my fellow readers addicts!

message 19: by Ming (last edited Jul 07, 2011 09:40PM) (new)

Ming | 247 comments There are currently 27 titles .. You can give them to passerby's on the street corners of Austin. I need to do the UF next and then the Cozy Mysteries for the Cozy challenge I am in

message 20: by Nici (new)

Nici (queennici102) | 697 comments me! pretty please can i play again?

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1088 comments Steph you are sneaky, you totally hid this from me! I am so in! :D

message 22: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments :D Didn't mean to hide it. Glad you found it and happy ya'll are joining us!

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1088 comments LOL I know! I had to use my detective skills... or you know just browse through the discussion updates on my homepage. :)

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura | 892 comments i would like to join too for this game :)

message 25: by Crystal S (new)

Crystal S (crystalann) | 487 comments I want in!

message 26: by Dana (last edited Jul 07, 2011 11:20PM) (new)

Dana (erato) | 922 comments Me! Me! Me! Me! Oh pick me coach! Put me in the game! :)

"....put me in coach, I'm ready to play. Today. Look at meeee...I can beeee....centerfield!"

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1192 comments I will play

message 28: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments ^Gotcha!^ :D

message 29: by Vi (new)

Vi | 886 comments Whew. I think I made it. Damn meetings. I did make, didn't I?

message 30: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments Lol Dana! I would like to play pretty please :)

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments I'm in, pretty please?

message 32: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments I feel a bingo anthem coming on, Dana ;)

^Gotcha!^ :D

message 33: by Dana (new)

Dana (erato) | 922 comments Oh! *staring in shock at her feet* Was that a gauntlet you just threw down at my feet?

Oh, Steph....you devious little *aherm* girl you! ;P

message 34: by Dana (new)

Dana (erato) | 922 comments ...Dana quietly slinks off into a quiet corner to suck her thumb and rock back and forth repeatedly until inspiration strikes...

You would think this would be easy for me...I am Erato. I am the freakin' muse of erotic poetry for Pete's sake! Bingo is apparently not erotic enough.

....resumes sucking thumb and begins rocking faster

message 35: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments LOL! Don't sweat it, my dear, I was just teasin' ya. >;)

message 36: by Dana (new)

Dana (erato) | 922 comments It's all good ;)

message 37: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments :D

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1088 comments Maybe BINGO isn't umm .... dirty enough for an Erotic type song/poem? haha ;)

message 39: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23519 comments ROFL

message 40: by Lili (new)

Lili | 297 comments I'm in, I'm in!!!

ppfeew!!
wow... almost didn't make it... the list is filling up real quick!

message 41: by Lili (last edited Jul 08, 2011 02:56AM) (new)

Lili | 297 comments Cindy (eclecticfirefly) wrote: "ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

OK.....now that THAT is out of the way....I'm definitely gonna be a player! PLEASE????"

so... you want to play?... maybe?... I'm not sure if I got it right!

By the way, don't worry about the game, seriously, it's waaaay easier to play it than to explain it.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in, Steph! These challenge things are addictive!

Christina (AKA Babbling) (babblingbookreviews) | 1217 comments I'm in! :D

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1104 comments add me add me!!!! cant wait to get started

message 45: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Yay! ^Gotcha!^

message 46: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I'm in! Add me! I'm categoryless and wandering aimlessly through my to read shelves.

message 47: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments LOL! ^Gotcha!^

message 48: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments WOW! Only 15 slots left! :)

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments I'm feeling better....Got some sleep....still would have been able to sign up....AH and Lili are here.

Where's Alyssa???? I need all my dragonettes to play.

message 50: by Kristen (last edited Jul 08, 2011 05:54AM) (new)

Kristen  (yogamamareads) | 422 comments I'm in too!!! I want to play!!! I'm going out of town for a few days....NO INTERNET...yikes! I'm in no matter what.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11