Start by marking “Secrets (PsyCop, #4)” as Want to Read:
Secrets (PsyCop, #4)

Secrets

(PsyCop #4)

Victor Bayne’s job as a PsyCop involves tracking down dead people and getting them to spill their guts about their final moments. It's never been fun, per se. But it's not usually this annoying.

Vic has just moved in with his boyfriend Jacob, he can’t figure out where anything’s packed, and his co-worker is pressuring him to have a housewarming party. Can’t a guy catch a b
Published June 1st 2008

To ask other readers questions about Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets

Nancy
Posted at Shelf Inflicted

I really enjoyed the fourth story in the Psy Cop series. When Vic browses the internet, he realizes his name, the name of the psych training institute where he was institutionalized (Camp Heliotrope), and the names of others he knew there cannot be found. Jacob is asked to help solve an unusual sexual assault case. Vic is starting to learn more about his abilities. And everyone has secrets… even Jacob.

Secrets is another fun story that introduces new characters and revi
Shin Mon Thway
So apparently, Jacob looks at Vic with “Goo Goo” eyes! 😂 (Well, at least according to Carroline .. LOL 🤣)  Anyhow, what an enticing, delicious addition to our beloved PsyCop series! 💙 I loved loved loved every second listening this fabulous book. 😍 You know there’s going to some struggles between Vic and Jacob just from looking at the title. They just bought a cannery turned loft together in the last book and now they are officially moving into a home that they co-own. And I’m surprised that aft ...more
Susan
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing

4.5+ stars

My list:

My new favorite place to be: in Victor Bayne’s Head
My new dream man: Jacob Marks (even with his psych/ghost kink)
My new wish list: to have 3 si/no questions w/ Lisa
My new biggest fear: that I’ll run out of PsyCop to read
My new enemy: Crash. Mind your own business and leave my boys alone.
My new authoress crush: JCP!!!
My new word du jour: “cripes”
My new home: a converted cannery warehouse, with Vic & Jacob, and our king-sized bed. :)

Book 4 is the best of the series…so far
Baba
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.***Review posted January 20, 2014

Jacob Baba is being pensive…the beginning of the end.
 photo tumblr_mvkuj3PYC81smmjbqo4_250_zps6bfcaca0.gif photo tumblr_mvkuj3PYC81smmjbqo2_250_zps8b0d2d37.gif

It was good and I liked it. Yet there’s no getting round it to point out that I felt somewhat underwhelmed—even bored at times. I guess I just expected…more? In fact, there was nothing earth-shattering about all those little secrets even though I know that all the talk about Heliotrope Station and Vic not (view spoiler) will lead us to the
Shurrn
So in love with this series right now...
I'm not sure which part was weirder - that it had taken me so long to find someone I was serious about, or that it had even happened to me at all. I'd always figured I was too screwed up to do the whole long-term relationship thing with anybody. Ever.
Domesticity is not Victor's strong suit.

He and Jacob aren't even completely moved into their new home when Jacob gets called away on a case. Not a huge surprise for one of them to get called away, but i
Ingie
Written February 12, 2015

4.2 Stars - Creeping exciting. I'm another PsyCop fan

Book #4

This was the first full-lenght novel in this series I have been reading by myself. I audiobook listened to the three previous. I'm not sure but I may prefer to listening to these stories. They feel more like witty fun when I hear Gomez Pugh reading for me.

I liked but didn't love the first two. I loved the third and they were all tempting good serie-parts to make me need more. This series feels just
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Another amazing installment in the PsyCop series. I'm just going to get gushier and gushier in each review because I love each serving of this series that Jordan Castillo Price dishes out. I am fascinated by Vic and his history, and this book gave us yet another peek into what makes him tick. The characters are all so well developed that I can picture each and every one of them, and I feel like I know them personally.

This book in particular kept me guessing and kept me on my toes. It was that d
Erth
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another entry in the Psycop chronicles that further develops the personal histories of the two major characters and throws in some new twists about the past. This entire series is really just turning into one long novel with each book about the equivalent of a very long entry (these are each standard novel size but one). The positive side is that it can be a BIG story with lots of characters who come and go; the negative side is that it's easy to lose track of characters from the first two books ...more
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Another good book in the series overall, but it did have annoyances. Before my complaints, I'll go over the positive parts - Jordan's still into Victor to the point to where I realize it's a type of psychological kink thing, the humor is as funny as ever in Vic's internal monologue, there's a plot that's creatively invented (villain mixed with supernatural in a bizarre way....).

The instant messenger thing was especially hilarious.

On the negative side, there's a few things that don't make sense.
Shile
5 ++++Cripes stars

description

This is the fourth book in the PsyCop series, so far my favorite in this series..Vic and Jacob have finally found a house and are living together. Like the title, there were some secrets revealed that left Vic questioning his existence and sanity.

Vic is pretty much Vic as usual , funny, crazy ghost seeing person..here we see him deal with his insecurities. He starts to question his relationship with Jacob when he goes through his stuff and finds a video of Jacob and Crash (Ad
Breann
Holy cripes.

Let’s start with that first chapter and the sex that ensued, shall we?

These two are so damn hot with the dirty talk and the biting and the face fucking. Oh my fucking… fuck!

Victor Bayne might be one of my favorite characters. Actually, there’s no might about it, he is one of my favorite characters. He has his own brand of crazy and I love it.

Secrets was definitely more relationship focused than the others in the series, which is probably why it's my favorite, so far. There were lot
Shelley
Book #4 and it just keeps getting better and better. I’m on a roll!

Ms Price does a cracking job at keeping me glued to this series. The characters are so vividly depicted through Victor’s interpretation of events. His winning narration is full of neurotic musings, misgivings and paranoia over uhm… well, everything. You wouldn’t think this is fun at all, but oh dear lord - it so is!

Victor Bayne is the funniest neurotic I I’ve ever met. I already loved him, now I ADORE him and love him and want h
Sofia
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it

Attraction’ in action. These guys were like poor Tom below. Well Jacob mainly but Vic not far behind.

Vic had a kind of epiphany in this one, first about himself, about what he is and what had happened to him and then about Jacob who seems to be so in control but it seems that, that control is shaky as well. Victor is finally becoming aware. So we have Victor all hot and bothered, asking, demanding, chasing. I like this Vic. This was a wake up call – opens up the past and the future both for Vic
* A Reader Obsessed *
Well the title of this story is definitely appropriate. Secrets abound in many forms this go around - suppressed memories, covert meetings, hidden agendas, and apparently a deep conspiracy.

This is probably my favorite entry so far because instead of just one mystery to focus on, new threads are emerging and contributing to an overall story arc that is just starting to show itself.

So you've got Vic, who is now starting to ask questions - questions about his job, his past and his relationship. He
Bookwatcher
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Up to now 4 book and 5 stars to all!!!
[image error]

Maybe is th first time I'm giving 5 stars to all book of a serie, but I can't denied... I looooooooooove Vic, Jacob, Crahs, Lisa, EVERYONE! All characters are so well developed, and obviously also the paranormal-romance (its almost a an erotic level).
So I'm giving 5 stars because I'm getting everything I appreciate: laugh,turn on, mystery and suspense, action... Everything!!!

Quick review, I know but is useless write more... only reading you wil
Ami

I think this is my favorite yet from the PsyCop series. Each book is getting better. First, the mystery here is different, I actually care about what happens and I want to know the perp. Second, it's good to see the old character back - Lisa the "si-no" who was missing in the 3rd book. Third, and the best thing, the development in Victor and Jacob relationship. My favorite scene will be when Victor confronted Jacob when he suspects his boyfriend to be two-timing him with Crash (the ex-b
Wendy
Another awesome read. These books are like crack. Off to the next one :)
Ula'ndi Hart
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
Overall book rating: 4.25
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3

So I’m really happy that I kept reading.

My conclusion is that poor Vic is hitting a whole bunch of realizations in his thirties. Stuff he totally missed because he may or may not have been on “cruise-control” aka Auracell-high.

All the “little” things from his past, his childhood, the institution, and of course the much dreaded Heliotrope Station is coming back with a bang and demanding his attention. Of course Vic doesn’t WANT to remember t
Eugenia
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
The one where Vic gets pissed

......4.5 Stars........Is it even possible to dislike a PsyCop book? So far, I’ve loved them all and am so happy that there are so many more awaiting me.

If you haven’t started this series, do it now. Really. If you’ve read this 4th book, you probably gave it 5 Stars, too. So. What’s left to say? It was nice to have Lisa back. There was a kick-ass sex scene in the beginning. Victor got drunk. Crash is PMing him. And Victor is looking for answers about his Camp Hell bu
Annery
This series gets better with every new book I read (yep, I'm doing them all) that I want to kick myself for having given the previous such a high review but the fact is that each one is perfect unto itself.

JCP is so brilliant that if you look at the first half of this book nothing really happens and yet everything is in motion. What we have is Vic settling into his new place and life with Jacob, navigating his ever curious relationship with Crash and starting to get comfortable in his own skin.
Isabel
I am addicted to this series! But this book is IMO the best so far! I think that I will never get tired to say that Vic and Jacob have a fantastic relationship! They are funny, they are so HOT, they like kinky sex (mostly Jacob), and they understand each other! In this book I had a better vision of the turbulence inside Vic's head!

I also have to say that I'm loving the other characters!

The title of the next book is making me anxious, but I want it!
Maya
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

This is how my relationship with this book developed:

Many thanks to Dani and Sofia who stopped by to chat with me about what Vic was going through here.

On to Camp Hell.
Mel
Jun 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, m-m, favorites
This fourth installment of the PsyCop series is called Secrets and the title says it all: everybody is keeping secrets from everyone. Meanwhile there’s a gruesome case to be solved.

I found the crime story in Secrets to be the most interesting of the series till date, but the reason I read these books is because of the characters and there were some great revelations and developments going on!

I just can't stress how much I love Vic. He feels so real and his inner turmoil just makes my heart ache
Trio
This is when I wish there were more than 5 stars & I realize I need to bring my 4 star ratings down to 3. This is an absolutely incredible series which gets better with every one. Damn, JCP is just amazing. As much as I love Vic, Jacob gets better and better - this was totally his best book yet & I love how it is all told from Vic's perspective, we still get to know Jacob even more intimately... just perfectly done.

Re: The Audible Verision
And, holy hell - Gomez Pugh couldn't possibly be
Em
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dtr, seriel, paranormal, m-m
These books have the perfect mix, great humor, a couple who are crazy for each other, and an exciting paranormal story. I have a feeling I'll be working my way through all of Jordan Castillo Price's books.
Gigi
Skirmish
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: http://neverhollowed.tumblr.com/tagge...
Rating: 4 Stars - minor quibbles but I loved it to bits
Ann
So, I've discovered one thing about coming in really late to a series. It's a little easier to keep in mind that it's really one BIG story and the flow is a little easier to follow. For instance, this one felt more 'transition-y' than the others. I can see the big build up to the next in the installment and add the fact that I don't have to wait for it to be published? Winner! I'm finally being rewarded for my gifts of procrastination AND impatience.

The first half had a lot of Victor and his enl
Chris
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poor Vic continues to face challenges from both the ghostly and the real ! With his issues with Crash and his jealousy of Jacob, Vic is making life hard for himself. He’s just realized he’s almost a ghost in the system and that there’s no information about him anywhere ... why ? Now Vic is on a quest to find out and I guess I’m going to follow him !
Katerina
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-books
This series is getting better and better!

And Gomez Pugh.... I love his voice.

• The Dark Tide (The Adrien English Mysteries, #5)
  • Bloodlines (Infected, #2)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • Irregulars
  • Hell Cop
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price writes paranormal sci-fi thrillers colored by her time in the Midwest, from inner city Chicago, to various cities across southern Wisconsin. She’s settled in a 1910 Cape Cod near Lake Michigan with tons of character and a plethora of bizarre spiders. Any disembodied noises, she’s decided, will be blamed on the ice maker.

Jordan is best known as the author of

PsyCop (10 books)
  • Among the Living (PsyCop, #1)
  • Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2)
  • Body and Soul (PsyCop, #3)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
  • Skin After Skin (PsyCop, #8)
  • Agent Bayne (PsyCop, #9)
  • Murder House (PsyCop, #10)
“He was nuts. He'd scammed the quarterly mental health exam and was certifiably insane.

Not that that's ever stopped me from sleeping with anyone.”
22 likes
“You don’t have to be psychic to end up knowing things you were a lot happier not knowing.” 18 likes