Vegan Cooking & Cookbooks discussion

Vegan Resources > Vegan Related Blogs

Comments Showing 1-50 of 433 (433 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) If you have or know of a vegan cooking or other related vegan blog you'd like to share with our group members, please post here. Please also include a link to the blog.

message 2: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (last edited Jul 18, 2011 07:15PM) (new)

Lee (leekat) | 1027 comments Mod
I have a vegan cooking blog here at

http://plentysweetenough.blogspot.com/

I share my thoughts about the many recipes from vegan cookbooks I'm exploring and occasionally post original recipes.

message 3: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Messina | 33 comments My blog doesn't have recipes, but it has lots and lots of info on vegan nutrition: http://www.TheVeganRD.com

message 4: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Thank you Ginny! Your blog is great and a very important resource so we all stay healthy.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Thank you Ginny and Lee. Love both your blogs.

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 138 comments Well, I'm a bit shy about posting my blog since it's nothing really "wow," just sharing my own little attempts at cooking vegan. But, Lisa encouraged me ;-) And I actually participate in Lee's Weekly Vegan Cooking Challenge on her (very fabulous!) vegaloca blog. So, here it is:

http://www.hedgehoginthekitchen.blogs...

I'm really impressed by all the fabulous vegan blogs out there and many of them are so professional-looking (Lee's included!) so I am both inspired and intimidated by their wonderful work when it comes time to my own cooking attempts and blogging about it. But, I hope some of you will enjoy my little blog and maybe it will inspire those out there who, like me, aren't always eager to get into the kitchen or especially adept at photographing the results but are still very passionate about being kind to themselves, to animals, and to the environment through the food we prepare. Happy cooking!

message 7: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 138 comments Ginny wrote: "My blog doesn't have recipes, but it has lots and lots of info on vegan nutrition: http://www.TheVeganRD.com"

Wow! That is a very important blog. Thank you for sharing, Ginny, and for the great work.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Thank you for posting, Kathryn. I really enjoy your blog and appreciate you sharing it here.

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 138 comments Lisa wrote: "Thank you for posting, Kathryn. I really enjoy your blog and appreciate you sharing it here."

Thank you and it's my pleasure :-)

message 10: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Messina | 33 comments Kathryn, I've looked at your blog (found it through Lee's) and I think it's wonderful! You choose some great recipes, and the commentary is good and I really enjoy your food styling, too. Thanks for sharing your kitchen adventures!

message 11: by Kathryn (last edited Mar 10, 2011 01:50PM) (new)

Kathryn | 138 comments Ginny wrote: "Kathryn, I've looked at your blog (found it through Lee's) and I think it's wonderful! You choose some great recipes, and the commentary is good and I really enjoy your food styling, too. Thanks fo..."

That is so sweet of you to say, Ginny, and very encouraging! Thank you for letting me know. (I'm very flattered especially since your own blog is so professional and "wow!")

message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Hester | 18 comments I have a vegan slow cooker blog called Healthy Slow Cooking.

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Kathy wrote: "I have a vegan slow cooker blog called Healthy Slow Cooking."

Thanks so much for sharing your blog, Kathy! I'll peruse your blog this weekend. From my quick glance, it looks great!

message 14: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Dijulio | 160 comments Thanks for the opportunity to share my vegan blog. I'd like to invite everyone to visit...often! It's www.thebloomingplatter.com. Just posted a recipe for Plum Delicious Double Chocolate Walnut cookies with fresh plum. Stay tuned tomorrow for Whoopie Pies made with a secret veggie ingredient!

message 15: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Your welcome Betsy! I love reading food blogs, I just wish I had more time to do it. I always get great ideas or inspiration when I'm feeling stuck in the kitchen after I take a look at a few. Do you ever participate in vegan mofo?

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Thanks, Betsy, for posting the link to your blog in this thread!

message 17: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Dijulio | 160 comments Absolutely, Lee and Lisa. Lee, could you tell me more about vegan mofo? I've read about it, but usually after the fact, and really don't know much.

message 18: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Sure! I participated for the first time last year. It's basically a huge crew of vegan bloggers (anyone who wants to participate) who write as many times as possible (they encourage daily) about vegan food during the month of October. If you want to sign up for it, you have to submit your blog and information by a certain deadline. It's really fun. The organizers post a daily round-up featuring some of the best food and photos that caught their eye. There's also a map and a list by country that shows where all the bloggers are from. I'm probably going to do it again this year. I didn't manage to post every day but it doesn't matter.

message 19: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Dijulio | 160 comments Sounds cool. With whom does one sign up? I'm with you, daily might be a stretch, but a few times a week is sort of the norm. Thanks for the tip!

message 20: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Besty,

Here is the blog/website for last year. I'm assuming they will post when it gets closer to the fall.
http://veganmofo.wordpress.com/

message 21: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Dijulio | 160 comments Thanks, Lee!

message 22: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

My pleasure!

message 23: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jayme-reads) Lee, for mofo does that mean your not supposed to post non-food related posts during that month?

message 24: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

I'm pretty sure you can post whatever you want, it's your blog after all but I think the idea is to attempt to post as many vegan/food related topics as possible in the time period.

message 25: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jayme-reads) I think I might have to convince my blog friends this would be an awesome idea for us. Sounds fun!

message 26: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Jamie, it really its a lot of fun to participate. I'm definitely doing it again this year.

And I just created a new blog and transferred all my old posts over because I had two different google accounts and everything was crazy! Here's my new one:

http://plentysweetenough.blogspot.com/

I love getting comments so feel free to leave them.

message 27: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) I love your blog, Lee!!! I hope things will be better and you can now leave comments again!!! ;-)

message 28: by Mark (new)

Mark Young (markvictoryoung) | 24 comments Lee wrote: "Jamie, it really its a lot of fun to participate. I'm definitely doing it again this year.

And I just created a new blog and transferred all my old posts over because I had two different google..."

Best of luck in your new home, Lee. I added to my list of blogs I follow. Really enjoying your posts on recipes you've tried, successes and failures, etc. Keep up the great work!

message 29: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Thanks Mark! I've been cooking a lot in the last month but don't always have time to get decent photos or blog about the food. Life is so full but I do enjoy it!

message 30: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

And thanks Lisa, I'm glad you love it. :-)

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckysharp) | 15 comments I have a vegan blog too. It's fairly new, just a baby, BUT I do have recipes on there. I'll have future posts on beauty, vegan events, potluck pictures, and book recommendations.

http://nwportlandvegan.blogspot.com

message 32: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Laura, It looks great. Thanks for sharing!

message 33: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Dijulio | 160 comments Laura~everyone starts somewhere. I started www.thebloomingplatter.com with 3 recipes and no pictures and people were so supportive! Fast forward 5 years and my first vegan cookbook was just published. You live in a beautiful place to be a vegan; how fantastic that you've chosen to celebrate in in your new "baby" blog!

message 34: by Terri Lynn (new)

Terri Lynn (terrilynnmerritts) | 30 comments Ladies, please feel free to list your blogs on my Facebook groups at www.facebook.com/VegetarianVeganVillage ; www.facebook.com/veggieloveplanet ; and www.facebook.com/Page.Vegetarian Don't worry if you are just starting out. We all start out somewhere! Betsy can tell you that you will be very welcome there and I will gladly help you nurture your blogs and sites.

message 35: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Thanks Terri! I'll check it out.

message 36: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Dijulio | 160 comments Yes, you will be as welcome on Terri's FB pages as here!

message 37: by Farrah (new)

Farrah | 212 comments I just saw there was a spot for the blog link here. I posted it in my introduction to. I am so excited about blogging on my vegan adventure!

http://carrottopvegan.blogspot.com/

Thanks for checking it out :)

Farrah

message 38: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

It's a very exciting time for you, Farrah. I think I can speak for many of us here when I say vegan cooking and baking is so much fun.

message 39: by Farrah (new)

Farrah | 212 comments It seems so. I am having so much fun trying out all of these new recipes and using new ingredients. I have always loved to cook so this is a whole new culinary world for me to learn and play with.

message 40: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

I feel exactly the same way. It has been almost two years for me and the more time that passes, the more excited I get about cooking with all these new ingredients. There is a whole world of plant food out there to explore! It's fantastic and tasty to boot.

message 41: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (last edited Sep 18, 2011 03:24PM) (new)

It's that time of year again! If anyone is interested in participating in the Vegan Month of Food - Vegan Mofo, then now is the time to sign up. It's a fun and fantastic event. The goal is to blog at least 20 times in the month of October to get the word out about great vegan food, products, restaurants etc.

Here is a link to Vegan Mofo headquarters where you can sign up your blog to participate.

http://www.veganmofo.com/

I'm going for it this year, will anyone join me?

message 42: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Dijulio | 160 comments Lee wrote: "It's that time of year again! If anyone is interested in participating in the Vegan Month of Food - Vegan Mofo, then now is the time to sign up. It's a fun and fantastic event. The goal is to bl..."

Yep, I'm in!

message 43: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Yay Betsy!

message 44: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Dijulio | 160 comments Lee wrote: "Yay Betsy!"
Not sure what I'm doing either...but it will be seasonal. Maybe all sweet potatoes, my favorite food on earth. :)

message 45: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

I don't know yet whether I want to try a theme or just do my usual mix of whatever hits me. Last year I remember someone blogging about different vegan gravy recipes for a month. It thought that was fun.

message 46: by Farrah (new)

Farrah | 212 comments I am def in for vegan mofo!

This reminds me of Nanwrimo I do in November

message 47: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Yay Farrah, I must go add your blog to my blog roll so I can see what you get up to! Are you planning anything special theme-wise?

message 48: by Farrah (new)

Farrah | 212 comments How do I find the blog feed address?

message 49: by Lee, Unrepentant Eggplant Addict (new)

Farrah, if you type that question into your blog's help centre, you should get a correct answer. Let me know if you can't find it and I may be able to help.

message 50: by Farrah (new)

Farrah | 212 comments Thanks I will go and check it out and sign up now.

I always have quirky questions about food like who was the first person to think beans and rice go so well together? Or peanut butter and jelly for that matter? And I am always interested in topics of health so I might do quirky history and health facts of the vegan diet.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9