Love Inspired Books discussion

What are you reading? What did you finish Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 351 (351 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 31 comments This group is quiet, so I thought I would open an ongoing discussion. What is everyone reading? What did you finish reading?

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy I'm reading A Deadly Game by Virginia Smith

message 4: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 44 comments Kristy, HOW do you manage to read three books at one time! I am in between books right now, Think I am going to start Private Partners by Gina Wilkins

message 5: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Kristy wrote: "I am reading three books. Plain Perfect by Beth Wiseman, A Time to Laugh by Kelly Eileen Hake, House of Secrets by [a..."

Sounds like me . I read three books on one day:)))

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan I'm reading Season Of Secrets (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense) by Marta Perry and can't wait to find out who dun it!! :)

message 7: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
I just finished reading The Frugalista Files by Natalie McNeal. The Frugalista Files How One Woman Got Out of Debt Without Giving Up the Fabulous Life by Natalie McNeal

Really enjoyed it! It was a fun look at getting out of debt.

message 8: by Joy (last edited Mar 02, 2011 10:47AM) (new)

Joy The last I finished was Winter's End (Steeple Hill Love Inspired by Ruth Logan Herne.

And am currently reading Fatal Judgment: A Novel by Irene Hannon and Serendipity by Cathy Marie Hake.

I love Cathy Marie's books. They're sweet and funny.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Joy wrote: "The last I finished was Winter's End (Steeple Hill Love Inspired by Ruth Logan Herne.

And am currently reading Fatal Judgment: A Novel by Irene Hannon and [book:Se..."

I like Cathy Marie Hake too!

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 60 comments I'm rereading Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult right now : )

Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan I'm now reading Undead and Unreturnableby MaryJanice Davidson. I love this series and this author!!!

message 13: by Judy (new)

Judy I am reading Laurie Kingery- The Outlaw's Lady only have not been reading as much as lately.

message 14: by Marie (new)

Marie | 32 comments nice susan, I am reading Undead and Unwedand have the next 3 books waiting to be read after..LOL I am liking this one so far

message 15: by Judy (new)

Judy I read most of the Undead by Davidson but not the last one as I did not like the direction it took.

message 16: by Marie (new)

Marie | 32 comments thanks for the heads up judy

message 17: by Kristy (last edited Mar 03, 2011 05:30PM) (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 31 comments I don't know. I just have to read more than one book. I will start a book and then get into another one and then get into another. Usually it is two books and A Time to Laugh I barely started, so not actually into it yet.

I finished Plain Perfect by Beth Wiseman.

Terri wrote: "Kristy, HOW do you manage to read three books at one time! I am in between books right now, Think I am going to start Private Partners by Gina Wilkins"

message 18: by Judy (new)

Judy I have not read the last one but the one before was just something I did not care for. Without giving it away to any future readers, I did not care for who the mother was. Only my opinion.

message 19: by Marie (new)

Marie | 32 comments Judy are you still talking about the undead series?

message 20: by Judy (new)

Judy Yes. And who knows, I may read that last one since I read all the others and the Werewolf series as well.

I'm still working on The Outlaw's Lady and it is too close to real life. It is about the outlaws coming and stealing from the ranchers on the Texas side and then going back to Mexico. A gal at work just told me how her friend has had about 20 horses stolen from her place in Southern Arizona and always has illegals walking through her property and no one has the authority to stop it! Sometimes the 3 hours from the border is still pretty close.

message 21: by Judy (new)

Judy I'm going to start reading Love Thine Enemy by Louise Gouge now

message 22: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 22 comments I am currently reading a Stargate Atlantis book - Death Game - and just finished A Dangerous Silence by Catherine Palmer. I have Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason and Vicious Cycle by Terri Blackstock waiting for me at the library.

Beth - ;)
in Calgary

message 23: by Marie (new)

Marie | 32 comments I am now reading Undead and Unemployed,
Nineteen Minutes,Exit the Actress: A Novelalong with Snobs..
Has anyone read SNOBS? I am having hard time getting into and would like to know if I should continue or just forget it..

message 24: by Love Inspired (new)

Hmmm... snobs sounds interesting, only I noticed it's by the same guy who wrote the screenplay for the movie, Gosford Park. I saw the movie, which sounded amazing, and was, in my opinion, a real snoozer. So if the book writing is like his screenplay writing, it may not be worth it. I just remember watching the movie, thinking, surely this gets better, and it never did. :(

I just finished reading The Outlaw's Return and it was really good. Such a great depiction of how the truth really does set a person free.

message 25: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 31 comments I finished House of Secrets by Ramona Richards and am reading Shadows of Lancaster County.

message 26: by Marie (new)

Marie | 32 comments So I gave up on Snobs I even tried jumping around the book to see if it picked up, nope,just plain boring on my part!
But have to say I can't seem to put down either Nineteen Minutes or Exit the Actress: A Novel

message 27: by Love Inspired (new)

I've been so busy that I haven't had time to read lately. I'm going nuts!!!

message 28: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Love inspired, I got chuckles over it. Me too. I am so behind reading books. I had so many trials going past two weeks.

message 29: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments just finished Love on a Dime by cara lynn James (I think)

message 30: by Susan (new)

Susan I'm now reading Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock and it is really good!

message 31: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 44 comments I've been reading contest entries.

message 32: by Judy (new)

Judy I am going through my "single" books yet. I finished my LI Historicals that I had only one by the author and now I'm going through my others. Just finished one called Fulk the Reluctant. I like the old knight tales as well.

message 33: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 33 comments I am reading A Dropped Stitches Wedding. I'm about halfway through and just realized I'd read it before but it's really good and I will sometimes read books many times. Margaret, that sounds like a lot of fun to read the entries. Wish I had entered!

message 34: by Love Inspired (new)

Susan, I've been wanting to read Me & Emma!!

Margaret, don't remind me... it's on the list! :)

I actually am reading books- I forgot about it when I posted, but last night, as I read, I realized I forgot that I have a couple of nonfiction books going. I can't ever read nonfiction in one sitting like I do fiction, so I read a chapter or two at night before bed.

I'm reading When the Heart Waits by Sue Monk Kidd, and Every Thought Captive by Jerusha Clark.

Dream

message 35: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 60 comments I'm reading a few books actually but have turned my attention specifically to The Charlatan's Boy by Jonathan Rogers right now. I'm reviewing it for the publishers and really need to start cracking the whip to get it done in time!! Lol! I think I still have close to 2 months though anyway :P

message 36: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 60 comments Marie wrote: "So I gave up on Snobs I even tried jumping around the book to see if it picked up, nope,just plain boring on my part!
But have to say I can't seem to put down either [book:Nineteen Mi..."

Marie!!! This is one of my absolute FAVORITES of Jodi's!!! It is fabulous. And can't put it down is exactly what does happen, you're right. I'm rereading Songs of the Humpback Whale of hers right now too : )

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Kathy wrote: "I am reading A Dropped Stitches Wedding. I'm about halfway through and just realized I'd read it before but it's really good and I will sometimes read books many times. Margaret, that sounds like ..."

I love that series!

message 38: by Judy (new)

Judy I am still reading some of my single secular books but I just received Rocky Mountain Redemption in the mail and will read that soon. I read Rocky Mountain Match and this is the 2nd in that series by Pamela Nissen. The first book was an excellent perspective of someone who had sight and then lost it. I really enjoyed it.

message 39: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Im onto The Caregiver by Shelley Shepard Gray really loving it. its a review book.

message 40: by Marie (new)

Marie | 32 comments Hannah I think that is Jodi Picoult's point, for anyone who reads her books, that they just can't put them down.
Have you read Plain Truth?

message 41: by Susan (new)

Susan I'm probably the last person on Good Reads to read this book Room by Emma Donoghue.

message 42: by Marie (new)

Marie | 32 comments No Susan you are not! Room is sitting in my pile to be read!

message 43: by Susan (new)

Susan Oh yay!!!!! :)

message 44: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 31 comments I finshed Shadows of Lancaster County and started Secrets of Harmony Grove but I can't get into it. Both are by Mindy Starns Clark. So since I can't get into Secrets of Harmony Grove, I am reading And Baby Makes Five by Debra Clopton
I am really enjoying it. It took me a few chapters to get into it, but it's getting really good.

message 45: by Love Inspired (new)

I think I'm one of the last people on the planet to have not read anything by Jodi- My problem is that I only like books with happy endings, and I've heard that hers do not. Do any of you die-hard fans of hers have recommendations about ones that end happy?

message 46: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Love, I haven't read her either actually haven't heard of her.

i just finised Mirage by Jeanette Grant-Thomson
Its an aussie book and I admit I was putting it of but ended reading it a day as I couldn't not read it. Its a story of someone ending in a cult and different things that happen and then what happens when she gets out it not a true story but came about because of the author having dealing with people coming out of cults etc.

message 47: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 22 comments I have only heard of her (Picoult) because I used to work in a book store.

I just finihed Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason and am about to start Vicious Cycle by Terri Blackstock.

message 48: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments finished The Rancher's Reunion by Tina Radcliffe

message 49: by Love Inspired (new)

The cult book sounds interesting Jenny!

message 50: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments It was it showed how easy it was to get conned but when they get out how hard it is not to want to go back even when bad things happen they still feel the cult is where they should be. shows its not a quick fix etc. will be interviewing the author on thursday on my blog.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8