We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Member's Questions > What Was Your First Lisa Kleypas Read?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Autumn (last edited Feb 05, 2012 09:57AM) (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments I was just thinking "how did i get hooked into Lisa`s world",and I was reminiscing through all the books I have read about her, and how her books and style has changed a bit as she grew as a writer.
Well going back to the topic,I was interested to know what was your first book from her works? And how did you guys meet,or were introduced? (you and book?) <--- If you think about it, it`s sort of like a relationship while you`re reading it.. (at least I feel that way)

so i will start by me.My first LK book was: Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas I saw it standing pretty relaxed on the shelf,and I just felt attracted to the book.. LOL I was in love with her writing style, Jack, the smooth dialogue-the whole theme.Then I jumped to her Hathaway`s, following her earlier work. What i believe keeps me coming back for more is how easy is to love the plot and its characters.. such a comfortable read..

Not sure if it has been discussed before, but that was my story with my first LK book..

What`s yours?.

message 2: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments What a GREAT question!

My first read by her was years ago and I can't remember which one it was..I will have to really think hard on that. But I feel like I was reintroduced to her when I read Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Soon after I read Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas and I was a goner. I actually haven't read all of her books yet. I haven't read the Wallflowers or all of the Hathaways, and several others. I've been hanging on to them...basking in the glow of their presence on my shelves. But I've decided to read all of them next year, especially since we won't be getting any new releases from her!

message 3: by Autumn (last edited Nov 20, 2010 03:35PM) (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments oh thats great Beckah!!! i have almost all her books... if ur missing any u want to read.. just let me know ;)

and yes... Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas was a lovely book!!! i loved Lawless Lily!! and i just found out Where's My Hero? by Lisa Kleypas has a tiny continuation of the craven`s family!! ahah how funny is that?? after such a long time i never made the connection!! **sighs** im so happy i have something new to rediscover heheh

i have to make a confession: and that is .. of all LK books.. Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas has been the ONE book i cant attempt to read.. i love Liberty and the two heroes.. .. but the process of making that decision and living one <3 broken in the process mm.. gives me a pang on the stomach! LOL that's so crazy right?? but both guys are so nice.. :( .. hopefully i will get over it and finish the travis series..

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments My first book was her first book published: Where Passion Leads (Berkley-Faulkner, #1) by Lisa Kleypas . It's very much in the bodice ripper style, but I loved it when I read it. I hope to get a copy someday.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments Only in Your Arms was my very first. I stopped reading for a few years and when I started again I picked up Devil in Winter from the library and then proceeded to seek out her backlist.

message 6: by Annie (last edited Nov 20, 2010 04:28PM) (new)

Annie (annjordan) | 73 comments My first was Sugar Daddy. I loved the Travis series. STS was my favorite. I had not read a book except the Outlander series for a very long time. I can't remember how or why I picked SD to read but I am very glad I did.

message 7: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 380 comments After a decade-long hiatus (kids and life just seemed to get in the way ;-)), I finally decided to get back into reading. The first book I randomly chose from my TBR shelf was Someone to Watch Over Me. The synopsis sounded good, and it didn't disappoint. At that point, I had never heard of LK, so I got online and looked her up. I was thrilled to find out it was the first in a series. Over the next few months, I read the other two Bow Street Runners books, Stranger in My Arms, Again The Magic, and Suddenly You. I enjoyed all of them, and needless to say, I was hooked on her writing.;-)

message 8: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) | 718 comments My first was Dreaming of You and it was an instant keeper. To this day, Derek Craven is one of my favorite heroes.

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) I can't remember for sure, but it's either Dreaming of You (Gamblers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas or Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2) by Lisa Kleypas . Love both of them 10 years later:)

message 10: by Tytti (last edited Nov 20, 2010 11:40PM) (new)

Tytti | 58 comments My first was Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas , and loved it. Then came Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas and Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas
Next was Because you're mine and the Hathaways-series.
Now I'm waiting my book order, so I get the first two of the Wallflowers-series... Can't wait!!!

message 11: by Koosh (new)

Koosh | 90 comments Hmmmm, trying to think back but I think it might have been Then Came You. Loved that book and reread it so many times. I think my LK craze started from then on~

message 12: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) My first LK book was Again The Magic by Lisa Kleypas . After that, I went out & bought any LK book I could find from the UBS & fell in love. ATM is nowhere near close to being my favorite novel by her but it started my addiction.

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 62 comments My first was Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

message 14: by MashJ (new)

MashJ | 733 comments I think mine was Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 15: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Agh.. I really have to give Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas a chance.!! It will then I willb be able to finish the travis series..

Xxxxx

message 16: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments My first was in April of this year Mine Till Midnight. The cover captured me and I've been hooked on her books ever since.

Atumn, do read Sugar Daddy. I was very hesitant to read it but really ended up liking it. She builds the character (Liberty) from childhood on up.

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments My first LK read was Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas . I think I reread it 3 or 4 times that week, lol, and have been hooked ever since.

message 18: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I LOVE Suddenly You, and Atumn - Sugar Daddy was a really great read for me. I think there are so many quotes in that book that just resonate with me. It really solidified her as a fav author for me because I went into that book not knowing at all what to expect and truly loving it. I wasn't fond of first person narrative and the whole 'backstory' on Liberty but I loved it, wouldn't change anything about that book. And of course there's Gage...who I think is the hottest LK hero ever. :-)

message 19: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments ***takes courage**** going to read Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

will let u guys know what i think of it..

now, i have read Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas and was going to read Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas so, should i read suggar daddy first??? i know the whole theme.. but dunno .. what u guys think?

message 20: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments I didn't read this series in order either, but I wish I had. I would have understood the relationships better. So MHO is you should read Sugar Daddy first then Blue Eye Devil. Loved Smooth Talking Stranger.

message 21: by Angela (new)

Angela (ladiromance) | 181 comments It was It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Historical or contemporary, LK is the QUEEN!

message 22: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I agree Angela!!

message 23: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Katherine wrote: "I didn't read this series in order either, but I wish I had. I would have understood the relationships better. So MHO is you should read Sugar Daddy first then Blue Eye Devil. Loved Smooth Talk..." thanks kat! I shall do that ;) agree on smooth talk stranger! It was a treat xxxxxx

message 24: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments My first was Blue-eyed Devil! i was Hooked fromt hat point on!

message 25: by Stephanie (last edited Nov 24, 2010 06:29AM) (new)

Stephanie (creeker) Mine til Midnight

message 26: by Laura (last edited Nov 24, 2010 07:08AM) (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 783 comments My first LK book was Stranger in My Arms by Lisa Kleypas . I quickly devoured her backlog of books after that and have automatically bought each new release since.

I'm even the proud owner of Love Come to Me by Lisa Kleypas Where Passion Leads (Berkley-Faulkner, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Forever My Love (Berkley-Faulkner, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Give Me Tonight by Lisa Kleypas

message 27: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Me too Laura! It feels really good to love an author and own all of their books! LK is the first for me.

message 28: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Ohh my!! Laura u have the out of print books!! Lucy you!!

message 29: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments Laura wrote: "My first LK book was Stranger in My Arms by Lisa Kleypas. I quickly devoured her backlog of books after that and have automatically bought each new release since.

I'm even the proud owner ..."

I have all of her OOP books too! I love every one of them!

message 30: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I'll find out next year...well January to be exact how I feel about them!

message 31: by Joeera (last edited Nov 25, 2010 02:40PM) (new)

Joeera  | 254 comments My two favorite books of her that i read are

Suddenly you
someone to watch over me

The books of her's that i own are the two above
I hve all the hathawayas series i have the first two in the wallflower series
I also have forever my love
love come to me
then came you

message 32: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 187 comments My first Lisa Kleypas book was Mine Till Midnight (Hathaway Series #1) by Lisa Kleypas , which I really enjoyed!!!

message 33: by ♥ℳelody (new)

♥ℳelody (melodiousimagination) | 314 comments My first Kleypas book was actually When Strangers Marry. I read an excerpt from the book and was intrigued. Plus the title itself sounded interesting. I ordered it from Amazon finished it within a few days. I really enjoyed it. I heard about her and saw a few of her books in the library before that but never got a chance to read her work. While this particular book isn't my fav of her's I'm glad I discovered her. Her style of writing is just very enthralling and refreshing. I've been hooked ever since! :)

message 34: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 213 comments My first was Cam's book.
I wasn't sold instantly on LK but wanted to read her 2nd book. I did however fall completely and utterly in love with Leo! Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

message 35: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments My first Kleypas book was [image error]

Shannonreads like crazy | 8 comments Only With Your Love (Vallerands, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

This was my first. I loved it, in a totally guilty pleasure sort of way. Then went off and found her backlist and read the Wallflowers which I adored and then the Hathaways.

message 37: by Gaynell (new)

Gaynell (gaynellk) | 268 comments My first was Dreaming of You. Of course, I fell in love with Derek Craven. Heck, I guess I fall in love with most of the heroes in the books I read!

message 38: by Rosamina (new)

Rosamina | 32 comments My first one was Then Came You. It was a big discovery for me, I hadn't read anything like this before. Of course, it wasn't the last and I started reading everything by Kleypas. Since then, she's my favourite author.

Then Came you was also my first introduction to Derek Craven, one of the best romantic characters I've ever read.

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Oh, Derek Craven was my favorite LK hero for a long time! Until St. Vincent!

message 40: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments my first was the first Wallflowers one. The owner of my UBS gave me the first two of the series to try and I was hooked!! I called her a crack peddler! LOL!

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments LOL, Mandy. A good bookseller is sort of like a drug pusher. :)

message 42: by Denise (last edited Jan 11, 2011 02:12PM) (new)

Denise | 47 comments My first was either Again The Magic
Again The Magic by Lisa Kleypas orDreaming of You Dreaming of You (Gamblers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas
I did not know there was a book before Dreaming of you, but I LOVED it! Actually these are my two favorites. Wish I had read the Wallflowers series closer to Again the Magic.

message 43: by Bee (new)

Bee (bee610) | 10 comments My first was Mine Until Midnight and absolutely love Cam Rohan!!!! Then I read the Wallflower series, I wish I read it before the Hathaways though.

message 44: by Denise (new)

Denise | 47 comments Yeah.. It should be Again the Magic, Wallflowers then Hathaways. I LOVE Cam too. When he first showed up in the Wallflowers, I was hoping we were going to see him again in the Wallflowers. I did think he was going to be Daisey's man.

message 45: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Cam is absolute madness!!! Im crazed about this character!! since mine till midnight he became mine for the taking!! heheheh

ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 241 comments My first LK novel was "Because You're Mine". I loved it so much that I sought her backlist out and gradually finished the other books. It was back in 2008, I know I'm a latecomer in the romance area but haven't stopped reading ever since. I'm so glad that I found her! :)

message 47: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Punya, better late than never! I'm envious that you get to read such great books for the first time!

ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 241 comments I'm glad for that Danielle ... LK will always top my list of the most favorites. There are very few writers out there who can make me laugh, cry and sigh at the same time. My first taste of romance was actually from Victoria Holt, back in 2004 but her novels are quite different from what I've been reading these days. She'll always have a special place in my heart.

This group is amazing, I love the threads here, I can go on and on abt my favorite LK heroes and novels or read others POVs. I'll be gradually checking as many threads as I can. :)

message 49: by ♥ℳelody (new)

♥ℳelody (melodiousimagination) | 314 comments Seriously I'm one of the one's who 'recently' discovered LK and went through her series books fast. Now I'm wishing I had slowed down between them, drag it out longer. LOL. Thankfully I haven't finished all her books so there is more still to enjoy!

message 50: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments You're at the right spot Punya! We love to gush about her here!!!

« previous 1 3