Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive (BOTM) > Nominations ~ November group read! ~ POLL UP, please go vote!

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Sep 15, 2010 11:33AM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Nominations for our November group read are now open (you've got a while to nominate - we are always a bit ahead of ourselves to give time to get hold of the books). Please post your nominations and I'll update this list as we get nominations! If you could give us your top to-read nomination of the month!

Please nominate first in the series or stand-a-lone books.

If we've already had book 1 as a group read feel free to nominate book 2 and so on!

Timescale:
Nominate up to 15 September
Poll 15 to 30 September
October for you to get hold of the book(s)
1st November - group read starts

The two most voted for books will be our November group reads. You can read either or both.

From November we will also have a series continuation group read - ie book 2 of a series we have done book 1 of etc.

A poll will be posted about 15 September to run until 31 September, which will then give everyone a month to get hold of the book(s).

If your choice does not come top you can either renominate for December or see if any other members want to do a buddy read with you.

Books nominated - split general and continuation: (Edited as we go)

General nomination (2 of):
Midnight's Daughter by Karen Chance
Touch the Dark by Karen Chance
Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank
Shadowfae by Erica Hayes
Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
Vicious Circle by Linda Robertson
Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
The Vampiric Housewife by Kristen Marquette
Pretty When She Dies: A Vampire Novel by Rhiannon Frater
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
Marked by P.C. Cast
The Dark Storm by Kris Greene
Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland
Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep
Nightshade (released 19 October) by Andrea Cremer
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler

Series continuation nomination (1 of):
Faefever (Fever #3) by Karen Marie Moning
Changeless(Parasol Protectorate #2) by Gail Carriger
Desire Unchained (Demonica #2) by Larissa Ione

Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab, #1) by Karen Chance Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank Shadowfae (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #1) by Erica Hayes Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie Vaughn Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Vicious Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #1) by Linda Robertson Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1) by Kim Harrison The Vampiric Housewife by Kristen Marquette Pretty When She Dies A Vampire Novel by Rhiannon Frater The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast The Dark Storm (Dark Storm, #1) by Kris Greene Any Given Doomsday (The Phoenix Chronicles, Book 1) by Lori Handeland Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail Carriger Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Tempest Rising

message 2: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) im gonna go ahead and nominate faefever which i have a feeling that bloodfever will be a pick for october and its in the lead. im kinda curious if all three of these will get picked in a row.

Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning

message 3: by Mariya (last edited Aug 24, 2010 02:08PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) so here is a few more,

Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab, #1) by Karen Chance Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank Shadowfae (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #1) by Erica Hayes Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie Vaughn

Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione demonica series book #2(we had book #1, pleasure unbound as a group read)

message 4: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Aug 24, 2010 02:33PM) (new)

I'm going to nominate
Vicious Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #1) by Linda Robertson Vicious Circle by Linda Robertson

message 5: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments I know that people in the group have probably read some of these already, but for the people that are way behind like me...I nominate:

Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1) by Kim Harrison Once Dead, Twice Shy
The Vampiric Housewife by Kristen Marquette The Vampiric Housewife
Pretty When She Dies A Vampire Novel by Rhiannon Frater Pretty When She Dies: A Vampire Novel
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Summoning
Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast Marked

message 6: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 104 comments If we are allowed to nominate more than one book, here's a few:

The Dark Storm The Dark Storm (Dark Storm, #1) by Kris Greene

Any Given Doomsday Any Given Doomsday (The Phoenix Chronicles, Book 1) by Lori Handeland

Changeless Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail Carriger (since we've already done book one)

message 7: by Shiree (new)

Shiree (paranormalmomma) I'm nominating Spiders Bite by Jennifer Estep

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2010 07:09AM) (new)

How about Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer it comes out october 19th and would be a good choice for a new author to try out

message 9: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i knoe ill be reading nightshade rite away. i didnt think of that b/c we'd only have 2 weeks to get hold of the book. but i really wanna read it. the cover is beautiful.

message 10: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Can I add this into the mix, it's just missed out on the vote for several months in a row (as it looks like it will again for Oct) and I really want to read it!
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

message 11: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

This is just an idea......

We have several books nominated which are book 2 (and so on) in a series. How about we change the monthly group read a little?

The standard:
2 books - first in series or stand-a-lone

In addition:
1 extra book which is a continuation in a series - which we vote for separatley?

Thoughts anyone?

message 12: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Jen ~ theMagicFaerie wrote: "Can I add this into the mix, it's just missed out on the vote for several months in a row (as it looks like it will again for Oct) and I really want to read it!
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews [bo..."

i knoe! its sooooo good. i read the first 2 books and it really is worth the read.

message 13: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) haha. i knoe. im running outta books first in a series. i think its a good. im not really sure how we should do the books in a continuatation in a series. i mean, we have 3 so far, so how about we wait to see how many more we get.

im kinda half and half on the whole thing. so hopefully other people will go for it. but on second thought it mite be a really good idea. but i think that we should only nominate seconds or thirds in a series if we had read the series (book 1) for one of our past group reads, like halfway to the grave...then we could have the second book. but that's my opnion. but yea. i like that idea, jen.

message 14: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Jen ~ theMagicFaerie wrote: "This is just an idea......

We have several books nominated which are book 2 (and so on) in a series. How about we change the monthly group read a little?

The standard:
2 books - first in se..."

I think that'd be neat, because there are a lot of books that are second (or so) in a series where I haven't read the first yet, so I can't participate.

I think it could help include more people that way.

message 15: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i really need to get on magic strikes and magic bleeds. im trying to hold it off, so book 5 wont seem so far away. these books r amazing!

message 16: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Aug 26, 2010 02:50PM) (new)

To clarify - for the new continuation in a series group read ...

SECOND book in a series can be nominated IF we have already had book ONE as a group read!

From November we will have a series continuation group read, officially!!

(and we have for September Linger as an extra and I think it looks like we will for October too - as Bloodfever is winning)

I've split the nominations into two parts so we can see what is happening! Hope that's okay with you all, if not let me know!

message 17: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) yea. i doubt bloodfever will drop. its a great book. i cant wait til u guys read darkfever! i think the fever series is one of the best urban fantasy series ever!

message 18: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Mariya wrote: "yea. i doubt bloodfever will drop. its a great book. i cant wait til u guys read darkfever! i think the fever series is one of the best urban fantasy series ever!"

Must say Darkfever is at the top of my TBR for September!! I can not wait, everyone has got me really looking forward to this one :)

message 19: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) haha. when i read it i didnt expect to like it so much, but i did. ic ant wait for the final book comming january 2011. so excited. i need to go out and but this series, definitely one ill be reading over and over again.

message 20: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 104 comments Love this idea. Since you guys have gotten me hooked on new series, I'm finding I've already read quite a few of the books being nominated for group reads. This gives an extra option. Thanks.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Even though it would be a reread for me, I have to agree Magic Bites would be a nice one.

The idea of voting for a first in the series and then a continuing book in a series sounds awesome!!

message 22: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) yea. magic bites was comming soooo close in the october poll. it is currently in fourth place. hopefully this time around it will win. i would love to read magic bites over too. it is a really good series. i still need to read books 3-4. i just love curran! but how can anyone not love him?

message 23: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) My goal is to reread entire Shadowfever is released, so I choose I choose Faefever.

message 24: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) haha. yea. i think would be so cool like if one of the reads for december will be dreamfever and than the next month, shadowfever comes out. bloodfever wins for october, obviously, but i wonder if faefever will win. ill be rereading the fever series for sure before the last book coems out for january.

message 25: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) Definitely! I also want to reread Immortal Highlander and Spell of Highlander. I think there might be some clues in those books as well. Obsessed much? ;P

message 26: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) totally! im gonna be reading the fourth one soon. i think its called kiss of the highlander. i was advised to start at number 4. b/c 1-2 werent worth it and if i like the sixth one, go back and read the third one. but since they dont have to be read in order ill just do that. i hope they r really good.

message 27: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) Oh yes they are good. They are a typical romance series and the writing style is different from the Fev er series. I read the books in a particular order that made it very enjoyable: #4, 5, 6, 7, 1, 2, 3. You have to read #4-6 in order though.

message 28: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) oh. okaiexz.

message 29: by Chell (new)

Chell (shelliemac) I read this recently and thought it was very good, Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler so thought i would nominte it xx

message 30: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Okay, that's it for nominations for November. The poll will be up soon.

If you have a book you want to nominate look out for the new nomination thread soon!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.