Start by marking “Bloodfever (Fever, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bloodfever (Fever, #2)

Bloodfever (Fever #2)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  83,408 Ratings  ·  4,638 Reviews
I used to think my sister and I were just two nice southern girls who’d get married in a few years and settle down to a quiet life. Then I discovered that Alina and I descend, not from good wholesome southern stock, but from an ancient Celtic bloodline of powerful sidhe-seers, people who can see the Fae. Not only can I see the terrifying otherworldly race, but I can sense ...more
Published October 16th 2007 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Bloodfever, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Liana
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Shannon
I don't like Mac. I don't like Barrons. I'm not even really enjoying the story. So why keep reading, you might ask. Masochism? Some vague sense of loyalty toward friends on here who constantly berate me with, "Keep reading, it gets better!!!" Or, is it really just my obsessive compulsive NEED to see how something ends? Probably a little of all three.

Once we get into the meat of the story, it's very plain to see that Mac hasn't changed, although she sure would like us to think so. She goes on and
Regan
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Mac Version 2.0

Mac has started to change, she originally was that southern Barbie girl who loved pink, cute accessories and fab nail polish.

That girl is still inside her battling with the new Mac she is becoming. Why is she changing? Because every time she turns around someone is either lying to her or some Fae petunia-hole is trying to kill her.

Then we have Jerrico Barrons. He tries my nerves a bit in this book...and then in the last 50 or so pages-I get hooked.

The tension between him and Ma
 ⚔ Sh3lly ⚔
Fourth Read - December 2017: 5 stars!!!
Third Read - October 2015: 5 stars!!!
Second Read - November 2014: 4 stars
First read - September 2014: 4 stars

I don't know what else I can say except that I still loved it. This is the Third Official Re-read for the MacHalo Group and I tagged along because some hadn't read it yet. So.... good enough reason for me to read it again! :))

I'll always be biased for this series and I love Barrons and Mac and the world so much! This series made - and still makes -
Tatiana
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all fans of urban fantasy
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kat Kennedy
Updated 12/10/14
Oh, poor me, drowning in mysteries. It's still fun to read, even knowing who is what and does what why. It actually shows how well planned this whole series had been.

First I want to thank Kat for recommending this series to me. So far it's been exceeding my expectations and I hope it will continue doing so.

In this installment MacKayla Lane continues her search for Sinsar Dubh, a powerful Unseelie artifact containing the deadliest Fae magic. She is recovering from the ordeal she
Natasha Polis
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5!!
Done! I'm just ripping through this series, it's quite addicting! This one was just a little better than the fist book, they both ended too soon, but I like how satisfying it is to finish these short books. I'm having a lot of fun with this, just the right amount of action and plot but the romance is one slowwwwwww burn.
Kat Kennedy
Mar 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The second installment of Bloodfever is intense, powerful, dramatic and clever.

We see a great deal of character growth from out favorite characters as well as a progression in the plot, albeit a small one.

The writing is, as always, stylish and immersive. The world is complicated, mysterious and intriguing.

Overall, this book is a fantastic second installment in what is an amazing, refreshing and enjoyable series.

PS. I'm either going to kill Barrons sooner or later, or do very, very, very naughty
Lyndsey
Possible minor spoilers if you haven't read the first book and if any of my random ramblings turn out to be true...

At the beginning of the book, we join Mac just after she finds out that she was adopted. Immediately, she begins to act like her parents just dropped off the face of the earth, and she starts referring to her sister as her only real family. Her attitude instantly turned ungrateful. Yes, she was just being a drama queen, but I know for a fact that you can love someone who isn't relat
Navessa
WARNING: Every quote in this review is a spoiler or a mindfuck.

UN-WARNING: If you haven’t read the entire series, you won’t understand a single one and nothing will be spoiled for you.

“Barrons has something the rest of us don’t have…there’s something that never crawled all the way out of the swamp. It didn’t want to. It likes it there.”

“Far beneath me, in the marrow of the ground, something bayed.”

“American?”
I nodded. “You?” He didn’t sound Irish.
“Little of this, little of that. Nothing special.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Did I ever think I would get into reading urban fantasy?? Before Fever Series….absolutely NO….and now here I am ….unable to stop reading a genre I have not had much interest….apart from the Lord of the Rings books (which blew me away!!!).
I immediately started reading Bloodfever, the 2nd book of Karen Marie Moning’s Fever Series after turning the last page of the 1st book, Darkfever,which I reviewed, http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

I am back into the dark world of the Fae,….. MacKayla L
Mo
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

This one starts off where Darkfever finished. Mac is still in Dublin, trying to find out who killed her sister and why she was killed.

She is still living in Barron's house. Her parents are not happy and they want her home pronto.

“One day you may kiss a man you can’t breathe without, and find breadth is of little consequence.”

They are still on the lookout for the Sinsar Dubh.

Who can she trust? The strange creatures are still everywhere.

“The first promise we had to make ….. was that u
Emily May

Ending: 5 stars

Overall: 5 stars

Helen 2.0
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fever is my all-time favorite UF series, so of course this casual reread with the MacHalos has caused me all kinds of crippling, nagging worries and unending anxiety as usual.

All these questions keep running through my mind -

What if the series isn't as good as I remember?
What if it's better than I remember and I spend the rest of my life in bed, rereading for eternity?
What if a meteor crashes into KMM's house tomorrow and she never writes another word?
Most worrying of all, what if I meet an ac
Julio Genao
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
no. just—fucking no, people.

description

you read the blurbs of the books in this series and you think you're getting a sexy PNR but what you're actually getting is like six distinct buckets of cray.

it's fun, it really is, until you make the mistake of thinking about what you just read.

you follow along, making assumptions about what to expect based on all the other sane and non-rapey paranormal sexromanze series you've read and then you realize that you should have tapped-out in book one when the heroine wa
Maria Clara
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sencillamente me ha encantado.
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
First reread with my girl Tanya, January 2015.

Original rating: 4
New rating: 3.5

You know how this is going to go right? My first review for this book was written just two months ago so don't you expect me to write another one so soon. Hey, I have a life outside of GR you know (well, more or less). All you'll be getting from me is another episode in the Fever Freak's Facts of Life (abridged version).

Fact #1: Rainbow Mac still has some serious growing up to do.

She's doing better but needs to realiz
Shurrn
Things are heating up for the Fever series!
No sophomore slump here!
It's a strange new world out there and the rules have changed: It's every princess for herself.
Ive discovered why I've been sucked into this series. I can't predict or classify the characters. In a world where literary characters are painfully formulaic, Karen Marie Moning is blazing her own wild road with this series and I'm just happy to be taken along for the ride.

I read this entire book cover-to-cover in a single day...
Liz* Fashionably Late
Second Re-read: November 2015.
It dragged a little in the middle but the CAVE SCENE IS PERFECTION.

First Re-read: November 2014 I'm still giving it 4 stars.

"One day you may kiss a man you cant breathe without, and find breath is of little consequence."

Buddy Read with a bunch of weirdos. Couldn't find better people to do it.

Mac is growing and learning. Never forget she has not only lost her sister but every certainty about pretty much everything since she came to Dublin and somehow she hasn'
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 What-the-BLOODY-Hell Stars

description

"It’s our actions that define us. What we choose. What we resist. What we’re willing to die for.[...]There are only shades of gray. Black and white are nothing more than lofty ideals in our minds, the standards by which we try to judge things, and map out our place in the world in relevance to them."

description

An obsessed man(?) with dangerous secrets.
A seductive prince with his own agenda.
A ruthless Grand Mistress.

And in the middle of this deadly game of chess where the lives o
Debra

4.5 *I LOVE THIS SERIES, AND BARRONS, AND MAYBE V'LANE A LITTLE TOO* STARS.

More action, more suspense, more fear, more doubt, more evil, more darkness; all of these elements sure don't make Mac's life any easier. But while the world is turning more evil, she is gaining more knowledge and strength and one thing she makes sure to never lose is: hope.

"Hope is a critical thing. Without it, we are nothing. Hope shapes the will. The will shapes the world. I might have been suffering a dearth of hope
Jilly
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rereading with my buddies, edgy and sleepless. Bring on the Barrons!!

New thoughts after reread:
I was actually thinking that Mac was growing a bit in this story, and I was really proud of her for standing up to the Mob-guy... until she utters this ridiculousness:

"Go ahead, O'Bannion, come and get it. I'm fed up with jack-petunias like you."

Original review from 2014:

So, in Georgia they call the hot lava game "don't touch the alligator"? That's just weird! Everyone knows that when you are kids,
Princess under cover
May 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am speechless. Where do I begin?

description

It was sort of good, I was even heading toward 4 stars when I started the book, giving me interesting, emotionally connective banter (see my notes) that I was starting to feel glad I continued with Book 2. But right now, unless my reading buddy group dragged me or persuaded me with arguments too powerful to resist, I am NOT getting Book 3 or any other book in the series.

description

Where to begin with the disappointment? I will preface by saying that maybe my expectations
edge of bubble
Mac makes me think of an ostrich who buries her moronic little head to the sand right after painting a target line in pink on her ass. She still is delusional, too stupid to live, yappy about clothing. But she changed a little bit. That's all I'm giving to her.

Barrons is ... sigh... MINE!!!

Story line got really interesting and there were twists I wouldn't expect from Mac. The author had little spasms of little did she know moments here and there but they were barely there, compared to the first
4.5 fever-frenzy Stars

Yo shithead,

Yeah, you of the withering stares and evasive non-answers. You, Mr. Jericho “Jackass” Barrons, I’m fucking watching YOU! You, with the depthless eyes and secretive ways! Every step you take is being monitored, calculated, judged. I am on to you.

I know you’ve saved my girl, Mac, from some horrid situations (don’t think I haven’t noticed it’s always at the last minute and always on your own terms, though) but I don’t trust you half as far as I can throw you, assh
Lindsey Rey
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, fantasy
[4.5 Stars]
Jo
Nov 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
guilt·y   [gil-tee]
adjective
1.characterized by, connected with, or involving guilt: guilty intent.

pleasure [plezh-er]
noun
1.enjoyment or satisfaction derived from what is to one's liking; gratification; delight.

Bloodfever [bluhd fee-ver]
noun
1. see above.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mac,

Quick question: (view spoiler)
Fareya
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Question: When you're one of the few people who can do something to fix a problem, just how responsible does that make you for it?
Answer: It's how you choose to answer that question that defines you.
"

This sure is one crazy, kickass series. The second installment, Bloodfever flawlessly retains the addictive nature of the story. The plot is getting edgier, more dramatic and intense. With every page we get immersed deeper into the powerful and deadly world of Fae.

I used to think Darkfever was fas
Anne
Oct 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Anne by: Jill
Re-read: 2014

description

Things happen in Bloodfever. Interesting things.
But none of them matter.
The only thing that matters is that Mac And Barrons finally have a hot Angry Make-out session.
Yep.
That's what I took away from a 300 page book.
*shrugs*

Original review: 2009
This book is even better than the first book in the series, Darkfever. I can't wait to read the next one! A big "Thank You" goes out to Jill for telling me to get all of the books at once, 'cause these cliffhanger endings would have killed me
♥Rachel♥
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It’s a little hard for me to write a review for Bloodfever, because I finished it and immediately started the audio of Faefever. I think I might confuse some of both books together if I try to summarize it for anyone. Suffice it to say that I’m hooked!

In Darkfever, Mac was a spoiled, naïve, and innocent young woman out to find her sister, Alina’s murderer. In Bloodfever, Mac has grown up a bit, whether she wanted to or not. She’s still the old-fashioned southern, pink, and sparkle clad woman wh
Giselle
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Ok ok… I'm starting to get it. This second installment was Much better than the first. It has lots of action and with all the mayhem it gets pretty hard to put down. The mystery, though, is still there picking away at my brain cells. We got no real answers in this one, especially from Barrons. Only more questions. Which ended up being ok because the book is fully loaded and it couldn't possibly all fit in here. Plus the anticipation is kind of fun.

Mac is becoming more independent and grown up wh
Paranormal Romanc...: Bloodfever May BOTM 1 15 109 Jun 17, 2018 02:26AM
X's & O's Romance...: BloodFever- Let's discuss! 8 12 Jan 18, 2018 03:54PM
Around the Year i...: Bloodfever, by Karen Marie Moning 1 12 Jun 01, 2016 09:38PM
  • Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists #2)
  • Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • Iron Crowned (Dark Swan, #3)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)
“The only other calling I ever felt was an irrepressible desire to be Captain of my own Starship. I was born in the wrong century and it wasn’t possible, so I chose to explore the universe by writing fiction instead. Books are doors to endless adventure.” -KMM

Karen Marie Moning is the #1 NYT bestselling author of the Fever Series and Highlander novels.

An alum of the Immaculate Conception Academy,
More about Karen Marie Moning

Fever (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Faefever (Fever, #3)
  • Dreamfever (Fever, #4)
  • Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
  • Iced (Fever, #6)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • Feversong (Fever, #9)
  • High Voltage (Fever, #10)
  • Untitled (Fever, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
“One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence.” 3422 likes
“I was about to look away when he reached across the seat, touched my jaw with his long, strong, beautiful fingers, and caressed my face.
Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It’s like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head it its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs.”
537 likes