Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Series > The Hunger Games by Suzzane Collins

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,595 (1595 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 31 32

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Ok, here's the thread. Let's discuss it. :)

Team Gale - just in case you wanted to know!

Has there been any one that hasn't liked at least the first book?

Peep (Pop! Pop!) No worries Bluemoon, we all have to start somewhere! I'm still trying to get caught up myself. Every time I get close to thinking I've read most of what I need to, another must read book comes out - not that I'm complaining ;)

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan Team Peeta all the way!!! LOL

message 4: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Team Gale! :) Can't wait for Mockingjay! I didn't expect to like The Hunger Games because I'm not really into dystopian novels but I decided to read it because of the good reviews and I really liked it.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Yeah Susan - boo Peep and Chachic! Team Peeta all the way. He is all over the first two books - Gale is only a bit player. And Peeta gave her bread when she was starving. Bread girls. (sigh) p.s. even though Peep is crazy and did not like the second book as much - I thought it was as good, if not better than the first. Can't wait for the third.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Blue Moon. So glad you are reading The Book Thief. Hope you like Hunger Games (and Peeta) :)

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan Okay so Heidi, who would you like to see in a movie cast as Peeta? Do you have a picture of someone in your head??

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Susan wrote: "Okay so Heidi, who would you like to see in a movie cast as Peeta? Do you have a picture of someone in your head??"

I don't know a ton of actors young enough for the Peeta role, but perhaps a younger Orlando Bloom. Or someone like Joseph Gordon-Levitt or even Shia LeBouf (but younger). What about you Susan???

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan I'm picturing the blonde dude from Twilight--cant think of his name but he is really cute!! LOL and young enough to be my son-hahahahaha!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) Hmmm...Rob Pattinson as Peeta...TEAM PEETA! LOL

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Oh nooooooooooooooo. I can't escape him. p.s. I thought he was a brunette with blond highlights??

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) Well, Susan needs to clarify then. As long as it's not Mike from Twilight, it's all good. :)

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Shannen - I think she meant Robert. I picture Peeta as someone a little younger looking than Robert - not wimpy, but not a body builder type.

message 14: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Noooooo. Gale called her catnip! Peeta gave her bread, but Gale gave her meat!!

I'm on my way out the door but I'll be back. Mark my words Team Peeta, I will be back!

message 15: by Lana (new)

Lana (lanajeany) | 17 comments I read both Hunger Games and Catching Fire in ONE DAY. I was hooked! I am definitely Teem Peeta. I'm really worried though that Kat is going to end up with Gale. I like Gale, but I LOVE Peeta! =)

I heard the movie is going to be PG-13. That worries me. The book is so graphic and violent, I feel like if you take that out, you lose the edginess and intensity of this world.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Lana - I am super excited from the movie! I hope they don't screw it up. They better get a great young actress for Katniss, as she rocks. Peep I am a vegetarian, so bread trumps meat. Run away Peep. Run away.

message 17: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (last edited Mar 17, 2010 02:33PM) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Who are you people? I feel like I don't know any of you anymore! I don't understand this Peeta love!

I didn't know they were really making a movie. I wonder what rating it will be? I always imagined the girl from City of Ember as Katniss, even when I read the book. Oh, she was also the lead girl in the Lovely Bones.

As for the guys, they'll probably get someone in their 20s or 30s to play teens, so in that case I just hope they're good looking. And that they find someway to integrate Ewan McGregor into the story.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Oh poor Peep. It is hard to be on the outside looking in. p.s. Ewan McGregor is dreamy. If you have not yet already done so, Netflix his bike riding series Long Way Round and the sequel Long Way Down. They are excellent - except for the parts with his wife in them (jk).

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Bluemoon - hope you like the book!

message 20: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Peep wrote: "Who are you people? I feel like I don't know any of you anymore! I don't understand this Peeta love!

I didn't know they were really making a movie. I wonder what rating it will be? I always imagin..."

I have to agree that I'm shocked by all the Peeta love pouring out. I am waiting for the last book to be the decision maker for me but Peeta is kind of a whiner.

message 21: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Glad you liked it! It made me so sad, too. It's one of those books that I felt glad about reading.

message 22: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Jaimie wrote:

I have to agree that I'm shocked by all the Peeta love pouring out. I am waiting for the last book to be the decision maker for me but Peeta is kind of a whiner"

Thank you! It is shocking. Us Gale gals have to stick together.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Oh please! Shocking? Peeta is in the majority of both books - as I said before Gale is only a bit player. I agree that the third book may change my thoughts as it appears Gale may be in the book more than the minuscule amount he is in the first two. Peeta a whiner? What???? Say it ain't so. He suffers though everything to help Katniss without complaint. Need I remind you again girls again about the bread?

message 24: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Nope, you don't have to remind us. Poor Peeta, maybe one day he can bake up a loaf of bread with the main ingredients being a backbone and some self-respect. Booyah!

MissHavoc {Cry Havoc! Reviews} (misshavoc) | 5 comments wow, what a great debate. me, i'm team peeta, which is odd since i love it when they finally get the best friend. i was so team jacob the entire twilight series and usually stick with the dopey best friend. (like simon in the mortal instruments)gale though really does seem like her cousin and it makes me a little squirmy.

message 26: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Whiner - he was all butt hurt she was playing the game like a winner plays. Strategy is one thing, gullibility is another. She shouldn't feel guilty for being a winner with a capital W.

message 27: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Wow, I missed a lot! I don't understand all this Peeta love too! Gale has been there for Katniss all her life. He's been taking care of her for years while Peeta just gave her bread once and watches from a distance.

Haha I don't even know why I'm arguing with you guys because I like Peeta as well and I'm not a huge fan of love triangles. I think it complicates things too much.

I haven't read The Book Thief but I have it in my to be read pile.

message 28: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) LOL. This topic is hilarious, and I still love you guys. Mockingjay better be good or I will be so upset. Chachic you have to move The Book Thief up on your list. Heidi and I won't be happy until this entire group has read it.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) I'm still not very far into the book but just to make all the Twilight haters mad, I think I'll compare Gale to Jacob and Peeta to Edward. Hmmm...wonder whose team I'm on??? LOL!

message 30: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Peep wrote: "Chachic you have to move The Book Thief up on your list. Heidi and I won't be happy until t..."

It's been in my list since it came out I think so I really have to move it up. Most of my friends who've read it say it's really good.

message 31: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Shannen wrote: "I'm still not very far into the book but just to make all the Twilight haters mad, I think I'll compare Gale to Jacob and Peeta to Edward. Hmmm...wonder whose team I'm on??? LOL!"

I saw a post somewhere saying that if ever there was a Team District 12 (Katniss, Peeta, Gale) vs. Team Forks (Bella, Edward, Jacob), Team District 12 would totally win.

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments Chachic wrote: "Shannen wrote: "I'm still not very far into the book but just to make all the Twilight haters mad, I think I'll compare Gale to Jacob and Peeta to Edward. Hmmm...wonder whose team I'm on??? LOL!"..."

Team District 12 would definitely win. Katniss can take care of herself, but Team Forks would spend too much time being all angsty trying to protect Bella.

Also, Those of you talking about RPatz as Peeta, I always thought RPatz was better for the role of Finnick. When I read the description in Catching Fire he's the first person who popped into my head. I think Peeta should be played by the kid who plays Peter from Narnia (I don't know his name).

Also Team Gale ALL THE WAY!

message 33: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Hurrah Team Gale!

message 34: by Susan (new)

Susan Okay no I didn't mean Robert Pattison. I meant the guy who plays Emmett, Kellan Lutz I think his name is!! LOL-this is turning into a great post!! TEAM PEETA all the way!!!

message 35: by Lana (new)

Lana (lanajeany) | 17 comments I'm dying laughing reading everyone's comments! I love it. How can you guys be Team Gale? He's barely in the books! I assume he'll have a big role in Mockingjay though.

MissHavoc, I am totally with you. I seem to like the loyal, good best friends too. I loved Jacob (Twilight) and Simon (Immortal Instruments) better than Edward or Jace. (though Jace grew on me by the third book).

Peep, I agree with you - I think Saoirse Ronan would be great as Katniss in the movie! She's the right age and has a great look. She's also starring in an upcoming movie as a teenage assassin so I know she can be a bad-ass. =)

message 36: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Lana, a better question would be: How can you NOT be Team Gale? lol. Isn't this thread hilarious? What's the movie she's staring in? I would have never guessed her name. Do you know how it's pronounced?

MissHavoc {Cry Havoc! Reviews} (misshavoc) | 5 comments Lana, I'm totally with you on Jace too. He grew on me so much that when I was preggers my hubby and I decided on Jace as the name. (though a week before I was due we changed it, didnt work w/ our last name.) I agree with Saoirse Ronan too, with dark hair.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) No Twilight talk here girls. We are talking about a book that is well written (oh - that will get Shannen going!)

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) Heidi wrote: "No Twilight talk here girls. We are talking about a book that is well written (oh - that will get Shannen going!)"

Oh no you didn't!

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) This thread is cracking me up. Who would have thought we could make such a strong argument for this love triangle! Now we just need to get tweens and their mothers to start wearing Team Peeta and Team Gale shirts.
Peep - Saoirse Ronan is a good choice for Katniss. Brittany - I looked up the actor from Narnia - his name is William Moseley and I think he would be a good choice for Peeta as well.

message 41: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) I forget what the description of Peeta is supposed to be. I didn't care for him, so my mental picture isn't a good one, lol. How old is her little sister in the book?

As for t-shirts, I plan on making mine this weekend. I subtlety brought it up with my husband. He didn't ask and I didn't elaborate! Hahaha.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) I'm reading the book now and can't even remember how they described Peeta. I know that Katniss and Gale are both dark haired with olive skin. Her sister is 12.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Peep and Shannen - Peeta is described as "hot" in the book, don't you remember? (hee hee). Peep - I 've got some old iron on letters in my closet - I just might have to bust them out for my dearly beloved Peeta.

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments Wow, this is quite a funny thread, Peeta vs. Gale, homemade t-shirts, you can't really ask for more than that.
Heidi, sorry, but I tend to not go for blondes so "hot" is not a word I would use to describe Peeta, it's definitely more appropriate for Gale (hehe). Dark, muscular, loyal, and he has "skilled hands"... swoon!
I do wanna see how that t-shirt turns out though. Also thanks for looking up that actor for Peeta, I hope he meets your approval. I can't really think of anyone to play Gale. Thoughts?

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) Read some of this on my break and had a hard time going back to work. Argh! I just want to read!

message 46: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Just quit. Devote all of your time to catching up on your to-be-read pile.

message 47: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Team Gale is making gains!

message 48: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Heidi wrote: "No Twilight talk here girls. We are talking about a book that is well written (oh - that will get Shannen going!)"

I laughed out loud at this comment!

message 49: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Peep wrote: "Just quit. Devote all of your time to catching up on your to-be-read pile."

Yeah, we should all do that. Just stop working and read all day. :)

message 50: by Jo (new)

Jo | 16 comments Go Team Gale!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 31 32