Literally Dead Book Club discussion

general > 1.23.2020 - What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 302 (302 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) Just curious to see what everyone is reading. I'm in the middle of four books right now, but the one that's really holding my interest is this one:

No Bad Deed A Novel by Heather Chavez

It's really gripped me from the beginning.

message 2: by Hanna (new)

Hanna Hollihan (hanna_hollihan) Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (gaglianigirl) | 7 comments I’m currently reading The Great Hunt. It’s book 2 in the Wheel of Time series.

message 4: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leigholive) | 23 comments I’m between Harry Potter 7 (i’m listening to this on audiobook) and The Hiding Place by CJ Tudor, but this is holding most of my attention 🙂

message 5: by Ceci (new)

Ceci | 3 comments Currently reading Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky. I’m reading it on my kindle so I didn’t know it was over 700 pages long lol.

message 6: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) Pamela my brother loves that series. He’s tried to get me to read it so we can discuss, but I’m not sure it’s for me. Luckily he’s married now, and his wife is reading it and discussing with him.

message 7: by Marlena (new)

Marlena Lang | 3 comments I am currently reading The Bone Roses by Kathryn Lee Martin

message 8: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (gaglianigirl) | 7 comments Angie, LOTR is my all time favorite story and I knew Eye of the World paid homage to LOTR. Apparently, Jordan was a big Tolkien fan, so I had to at least give it a try. Book 2 is REALLY good so far. I’m planning to finish the entire series. Eek. Wish me luck!

message 9: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) I wish you lots of luck! :) So many people love this series. That’s always a good sign!

message 10: by Kait (new)

Kait | 4 comments I’m reading Little Women. Kayla inspired me, lol.

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3 comments I’m currently reading House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig. It’s a very creepy and atmospheric read!

Kristal (Midwest_Reader) (midwest_reader) | 3 comments Keepers of the lost cities Neverseen, Royal Assassin, and We Hunt the Flame 🔥 All three are amazing!

Kristal (Midwest_Reader) (midwest_reader) | 3 comments Oh I loved House of Salt and Sorrows! It was so well written.

message 14: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 7 comments Kristal wrote: "Keepers of the lost cities Neverseen, Royal Assassin, and We Hunt the Flame 🔥 All three are amazing!"

We Hunt the Flame was so good! I can't wait for the sequel... :D

message 15: by Mea (new)

Mea | 1 comments The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James
The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James

message 16: by Latanya (Crafty Scribbles) (last edited Jan 23, 2020 04:08PM) (new)

Latanya (Crafty Scribbles) (craftyscribbles) | 29 comments I'm reading an E-ARC of Night Swim. I'd like to see the group read it. It's good.

message 17: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Lenders | 8 comments I just finished the Tommyknockers by Stephen King yesterday (finalllllly). Then I started The Stationery Shop today by Marjan Kamali and am really enjoying it!

message 18: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollykellyy) | 6 comments I’m currently reading Beartown by Frederick Backman (recommenced by Julie from PagesandPens on YouTube), and also just purchased Madeline Olivias book about sustainability which I can’t put down ❤️

message 19: by Madison (new)

Madison (scribblesandprint) | 4 comments Just finished Regretting You by Colleen Hoover yesterday, and I am currently in the middle of Obsidio (Which I am so excited to finally have finished this series!).

message 20: by Kaili (new)

Kaili C | 2 comments I'm reading Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Vanderah. I am liking it so far. I haven't head much talk about it, but it was on Goodreads top books of 2019, so I thought I would give it a try!

message 21: by Maddie (new)

Maddie Hitchcock | 4 comments I’m currently reading the conference of the birds by ransom Riggs. It’s the 5th book in Mrs. Peregrines home for peculiar children series.

message 22: by Katrina (last edited Jan 23, 2020 04:24PM) (new)

Katrina | 3 comments I usually have an audiobook, an ebook and a deadtree book going at the same time so I can read the most hours of the day.

Audiobook wise, I just finished The Uninhabitable Earth: Life After Warming and am going to start Ask Again, Yes after dinner.

Ebook I am on the second book of the Truly Devious series The Vanishing Stair and loving the YA mystery that Maureen Johnson is providing.

Dead tree book I am about to start The Thirteen Problems. I like to tell people I love Agatha Christie but actually haven't really read many of her books. So this year I am trying to read one Christie book a month.

message 23: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa "Aly"  Diane (alydiane0) | 2 comments I just finished The Twisted Tree by Rachel Burge which was absolutely amazing!! I definitely reccomend it! I'm having trouble deciding what to read next.

message 24: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Covino | 2 comments I’m reading the Toll by Neal Shusterman and I am probably going to start The Wives by Taryn Fisher

message 25: by Gigi412 (new)

Gigi412 | 2 comments Reading A Rose in Winter, Kathleen Woodiwiss, again. It was the book that kicked off my love of reading when I was 18.
And listening to The Last Wish, Andrzej Sapkowski, on the way to and from work.

message 26: by Karls (new)

Karls D. A. (hyuknice) | 3 comments at work i'm listening the audiobook for Contagion, by Erin Bowman and at home i'm reading
The Woman with a Worm in Her Head: And Other True Stories of Infectious Disease by Pamela Nagami via Kindle

message 27: by TraceyL (new)

TraceyL | 14 comments I plan on reading more Stephen King this year. Today I read The Colorado Kid but really didn't like it. However, I read Gwendy's Button Box the other day and loved it!

message 28: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina | 2 comments I’m reading Blanca & Roja and listening to The Turn of the Key. Really liking both!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished the 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle and am now reading Boy Erased... I usually like to have one contemporary kind of book and a thriller going at once. I think I'm about to start My Sister the Serial Killer!

message 30: by Melanie (new)

Melanie  (nh-book-reader) The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow.

message 31: by Fefe (new)

Fefe | 4 comments Sadie by Courtney Summers, which is taking longer than expected to finish. I will also soon start The Overstory by Richard Powers for class, since it is a +500 page book

message 32: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Deehring | 5 comments I just finished Soul of the sword by Julie Kagawa last night. Can’t wait for book 3.

message 33: by Cameron (new)

Cameron | 3 comments Currently listening to Invisible Monsters Remix by Chuck Palanuk (which I have to pay attention to because it told me to skip to Chapter 41 then skip to Chapter 1), Mystic River by Dennis Lehane, buddy reading A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara (I'm listening to it), and reading Rebel by Marie Lu

message 34: by Shaylee (new)

Shaylee (Bookswithshayydeniece_) (shayydeniece) | 1 comments The Great Alone, The Wife and the Widow, Helter Skelter, and Little Women (because Kayla made me of course). lol

message 35: by Laura (last edited Jan 23, 2020 05:02PM) (new)

Laura Holly wrote: "I’m currently reading Beartown by Frederick Backman (recommenced by Julie from PagesandPens on YouTube), and also just purchased Madeline Olivias book about sustainability which I can’t put down ❤️"

how are you liking Beartown? its on list for February books

message 36: by Elisquared (new)

Elisquared | 4 comments I'm currently reading Midnight on Strange Street by K.E. Ormsbee, which is a middle grade sci-fi thriller (at least I think so from what I read so far). Very fun so far!

message 37: by Laura (new)

Laura I am currently reading two rereads

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (slowly working my way through the illustrated novels in hopes that if i go slow enough 5 will at least have a release date before I finish 4)

& Lair of Dreams (2nd in the Diviners series) - Libba Bray. the 4th book comes out Feb 4 so i'm binging all 3 (1 a week) while i wait for 4 to arrive. (if you've never read them I highly recommend the audiobook because January LaVoy is the BEST narrator)

I've got a lot on my immediate TBR but I'm holding off on picking up anything else until after King of Crows

message 38: by Elisquared (new)

Elisquared | 4 comments Fefe wrote: "Sadie by Courtney Summers, which is taking longer than expected to finish. I will also soon start The Overstory by Richard Powers for class, since it is a +500 page ..."

Melanie wrote: "The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow."

Do you like audiobooks? Because the audio for Sadie is excellent! That's how I read it, and I would recommend 100%!

message 39: by Maria (new)

Maria | 2 comments i’m currently reading The Starless Sea as part of a buddy read!

message 40: by Davienne (new)

Davienne (davib) I'm currently reading the first 50 pages of Kiss the Wind by Victoria Hunt to see if I want to read it. Think I'm gonna star In Search of the Paranormal by Richard Estep next.

message 41: by Nele (new)

Nele I'm just trying to getting into Ninth House but it's taking its time...

modlynsmysterycorner (mod_lyn) | 12 comments An Agatha Christie short story compilation <3

message 43: by Sarah Rose (new)

Sarah Rose (Effloress) (effloress) | 2 comments I’m currently reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell!

message 44: by Sara (new)

Sara (sky5angel) | 4 comments currently reading: War and Peace, Gideon the ninth, Pretty Girls and The humans.

message 45: by Lola (new)

Lola (_lola_) | 1 comments Currently reading The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn (smooth sailing). I'm also one chapter from finishing Journey Into Darkness (Mindhunter #2) by John E. Douglas (not-so-smooth sailing).

I'm also contemplating picking up Harry Potter again, as a 'comfort blanket'-read, but there's so much new stuff I want to read & am behind of >:(

message 46: by Cameron (new)

Cameron | 3 comments Cameron wrote: "Currently listening to Invisible Monsters Remix by Chuck Palanuk (which I have to pay attention to because it told me to skip to Chapter 41 then skip to Chapter 1), Mystic River by Dennis Lehane, b..."

i take it back. i'm not gonna waste my time going back and forth from chapter to chapter in invisible monsters remix so i'm just gonna order a physical copy of it

message 47: by Chanel (new)

Chanel (chanellopez) | 1 comments Just finished The Wife Between us and The woman in cabin 10. Up next is Dominicana.

message 48: by Boring Brielle (new)

Boring Brielle (boringbrielle) | 8 comments I'm slowly making my way through The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter. I really front loaded my January so I've slowed down quite a bit.

message 50: by Beth (new)

Beth | 2 comments I'm audiobook-ing The Chalk Man, in preparation for The Other People (I wanted to familiarize myself with CJ Tudor's writing style), and I'm re-reading Twilight and really enjoying it as a nostalgia trip to snarky, sarcastic, moody 16 year old me haha

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7