Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2019 Challenge Archive > 2019 January Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 113 (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Dec 24, 2018 04:22PM) (new)

Fran | 11053 comments 2019 January PIFM Challenge

What is the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

The Pick-It-For-Me Challenge (PIFM) is a reading challenge where each participant gives and receives book recommendations based on a given a set of rules. The assignment method and book selection rules change each month so it’s always new and always different.

The idea of the PIFM challenge is that you will get new-to-you books and authors selected for you as well as a push to read some books that have been lingering on your shelves. You may not be interested in the new books recommended, which is why you also get a minimum of four books from your shelf.

You only have to read ONE book to complete this challenge!

After signups are closed, your names and any extra info will go into the super secret PIFM randomizer and it will select someone for you to recommend books to and someone to give you recommendations. This list will be posted along with any specific picking rules for the month.

In order to participate you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable), or friend the person giving you recommendations. PLEASE NOTE: if you choose to keep your profile private, it is your responsibility to send a friend request to the person picking for you as soon as possible after the matchups are posted. Whether your profile is private or not, it is also very important that your profile be set to receive Private Messages (PMs) in case anyone needs to reach out to you (mods, organizer etc.)

Everything gets done in this thread so be sure to come back often!!!

Repicks:
You can ask for repicks if:

✱ The books picked for you are not yet released.
✱ If you have already read the chosen book(s) and they are on your ‘read’ shelf.
✱ If you did not receive four picks from your ‘to-read’ shelf, with at least one from your preferred shelf.

You may NOT ask for repicks because:
✱ A book is not available at your library.
✱ A genre or author you don’t enjoy.

INFORMATION NEEDED TO SIGN UP
Please sign up in this thread with the answer to the following question:

✱✱ How do you feel about Colton as the new Bachelor?✱✱
A. Very excited!
B. Mildly interested
C. I will probably not watch

✱✱ If you have a preferred shelf, please list it along with your pick! ✱✱

IMPORTANT DATES
For your convenience a Time Zone Converter .

You’ll have until December 28th - 11 am US EST to make your recommendations.

Please do not start reading your book(s) until the first of the month. You then have the entire month to read your pick(s) and give some feedback.

If you’re new please read the PIFM Guidelines and FAQ . If you have any questions that are not addressed there, please feel free to ask!

✱Please note that late sign ups will be included at the host's discretion and no one will be included after re-picks are assigned!✱

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Dec 19, 2018 06:23AM) (new)

Fran | 11053 comments TIPS TO MAKE THE CHALLENGE ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE!

Pickees
✱ To help your picker understand the type of books you like or are currently reading, please make sure your ‘read’ shelf is up to date. You can create shelves for books you DNFed (Did Not Finish) or authors that don’t work for you as well as favorite books and authors. In addition, you might consider updating your profile. You can include info about your favorite books, authors, genres, themes or tropes (or themes/tropes you dislike – i.e. secret baby).
✱ Please do not specify likes/dislikes in the sign-up thread. This information will not be included in the pairings and your pickee may not see your message and does not need to rely on that information when making picks.

Pickers
✱ Please remember this is primarily a romance readers group. Thus, most, if not all, of your picks should be romance. There are various sub genres within the romance category - Contemporary, Historical, Paranormal, Romantic Suspense, Erotica, M/M, Urban Fantasy. If your pickee reads a wide variety, you could add a non-romance as a choice.

✱ You will be using 8 picking rules to select books for you pickee. Choose at least 4 new titles for your pickee. These can be brand new to them (not found on any of their shelves) or a book found on their shelves if they've never read any of the author's work previously. The remaining 4 titles should come from your pickee's tbr, with a minimum of one from their preferred shelves if provided. Be sure to pick at least one book for each picking rule, but please limit your picks to no more than two books per rule as sometimes having too many options is worse than too few.

Please remember when you are giving new recommendations, you are not limited to titles that you have read. You can choose books that are new releases, on your tbr, or titles you looked up on Goodreads or Amazon that you think your pickee would enjoy.

A few hints to help with book selection:
Check the book’s publishing date. Select "date pub" from the checkbox selections and save.
Check pickee's personalized shelves, especially their exclusive shelves. A personalized shelf is one the member has created. (e.g., 'to read next', 'favorites' ‘didn’t like’)
Make sure the books you choose are not on their 'read' shelf. Just because it isn't rated doesn't mean it wasn't read.
Look at your pickee's 'read' shelf and see what genres they have recently read or read the most. Reviewing their ‘read’ shelf might help you in choosing something they are interested in reading right now.
✱ If your pickee reads lots of books in a genre you are not familiar with (erotic romance, GLBT, YA, etc.) Contact the Mods or the month's organizer for guidance.
Include a variety of books (e.g., shorter page count, new addition to their 'to-read' shelf, an older book on their 'to-read' shelf) This variety gives your pickee options when choosing the book or books they will be reading this month. Use the sort feature within their shelves to determine date a book was added, published or read; page numbers, ratings, etc.

If you want to volunteer to make repicks:
✱ We love that you want to help out, but please remember those who need picks have been waiting for a long time already. Please only volunteer if you are able to make the repicks within a few hours of the deadline. Thank you!

message 4: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Dec 23, 2018 07:18AM) (new)

Fran | 11053 comments 2019 January PIFM Challenge - Picking Rules

Colton Underwood is the next Bachelor 2019!
Colton burst onto the scene during season 14 of The Bachelorette. This former NFL player made a play for Becca's heart but was sadly sent home after professing he had fallen in love. Now Colton is back and he returns for another shot at love as the new Bachelor as the star of the 23rd season of The Bachelor, returning January 7th.

1. Colton is a virgin-
Recommend a romance with a virginal or innocent character or
Recommend a book with white on the cover.

2. He's a former football star-
Recommend a romance with a character who watches or plays a sport or
Recommend a book with green on the cover.

3. Colton is obsessed with his black dog, Sniper-
Recommend a romantic suspense or paranormal romance book or
Recommend a book with black on the cover.

4. Colton used to own a restaurant called 4th & Goal Grill in Washington D.C.-
Recommend a romance set in the food industry or
Recommend a book with a 4.0 rating or higher.

5. He went on "Bachelor in Paradise" after getting sent home from The Bachelorette-
Recommend a romance set on an island or somewhere you would love to visit or
Recommend a book with water or sand or trees on the cover.

6. Colton is 26 years old-
Recommend a romance published in February or June of any year or
Recommend a book with either 2 or 6 words in the title.

7. He is hoping to find a wife, ending his single status-
Recommend a stand-alone title or
Recommend a book with a mail-order bride, or matchmaking or blind date event in it.

8. Colton was born in Indianapolis and grew up in the small town of Washington, Illinois-
Recommend a small-town romance or a
Recommend a book that is relatively short (under 150 pages)

message 5: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Dec 27, 2018 03:38PM) (new)

Fran | 11053 comments 2019 January PIFM Challenge - Pairings

2019 January PIFM Challenge - Pairings

Pairings
Please pick for the person BELOW you on each list with the last person picking for the first person. The last person on the list chooses for the first person. For example, Fran chooses for Beth, Hazel chooses for Fran.

B and C groups-

*Fran PIFM Shelf
*Beth
*Carrie current tbr
*Suzanne
*Pam
*HeatherMarie O picking shelf
*Mary Megan december january
*Diane firefly next to read
*sapphire bells
*LaurLa challenges picklist
*AmandaD
*NancyH
*Carina nextofftheshelf
*Rebecca audio favorites
*KathyD cmg31
*Laura pick for me
*MountainKat to read asap
*Ab2y
*Sonja pifm
*true.magic
*Hazel on kindle

message 6: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments *

message 7: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments *

message 8: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 826 comments I'm in for C. As I have zero interest in the show.

Please use my Current tbr

〰️Beth〰️ (x1f4a0bethx1f4a0) | 244 comments I am in for B. Mildly interested.
Please use my want to read

message 10: by Pam from Ohio (last edited Dec 23, 2018 06:06AM) (new)

Pam from Ohio | 108 comments I'm in for C no interest

please use 2011 shelf...maybe I'll get some of these old ones read.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 11: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments C infinity plus one. I do not get the show.
0 picking shelf

message 12: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2177 comments I'm in for C - I don't watch the show at all.

Please use: december-january

message 13: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1439 comments C please, as I was like "who, what???"

next to read shelf

message 14: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2052 comments I'm in and I'm a C, I have never watched that show lol

message 15: by Pam from Ohio (new)

Pam from Ohio | 108 comments Diane ~Firefly~ wrote: "C please, as I was like "who, what???"

next to read shelf"

how to you do that link that you want your person to pick from?

message 16: by True.magic (new)

True.magic | 126 comments I'm in....

C. I will probably not watch

message 17: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1439 comments Pam wrote: "Diane ~Firefly~ wrote: "C please, as I was like "who, what???"

next to read shelf"
how to you do that link that you want your person to pick from?"

Click the (some html is ok) link above the comment box and use the first example, copying the web address from the shelf you want.

message 18: by Cold (new)

Cold Princess  (coldprincess) | 86 comments I'm in for C !!

message 19: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 945 comments I don't watch that show, so definitely a C.

message 20: by Amanda (last edited Dec 19, 2018 08:57PM) (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 634 comments Definitely a C for me.

And anything from my Want To Read is fair game. I need to whittle it down somehow.

message 21: by Carina (new)

Carina | 141 comments C. Use nextofftheshelf

message 22: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 788 comments C. I Have no idea what this is.
audio

message 23: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2443 comments i'm in and my answer is c...i don't believe i've ever watched an episode of the bachelor! c-m-g-31

message 24: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20366 comments Me! I'm a C and yes I realize I'm hosting The Bachelor Challenge, but I've never watched the show! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Please use my to-read-asap shelf that I will hopefully get updated before picking starts!

I should probably set an alarm...

message 25: by Laura..devouring books like crumpets (last edited Dec 23, 2018 07:10AM) (new)

Laura..devouring books like crumpets (lauzacookie) | 1023 comments I'm c have no idea who he is i love in greece..... Please use https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 26: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1072 comments No idea who he is and don’t much care BUT I’m always in! Please use my PIFM shelf!
I’ll try to make my picks Monday before I leave work as I’ll be traveling after that!

message 27: by Bror (Abrar) (new)

Bror (Abrar)  (ab2y) | 152 comments I'm in C. I will probably not watch , i don't even know what that is lol .
I read anything and everything so pick away whatever you want.

message 28: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2168 comments I’m in and I’m a C don’t think we get this in the uk

Here’s my shelf https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 29: by LaurLa (last edited Dec 23, 2018 05:39AM) (new)

LaurLa | 3362 comments OH Me!!! I almost forgot!!!
a href="https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I am C... not a fan of the show (but I'm loving Kat's challenge!!!)

message 30: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments One more hour to sign up for this month's PIFM!

message 31: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments Please include the link to any preferred shelf you may add! It makes it much easier for the host and clears up any confusion as to whether the host has chosen the correct shelf from your profile.
Thank you! I have everyone's shelves up to here.

message 32: by Fran, Moderator (new)

message 33: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments Sign Ups Closed! Pairings and Rules posted very shortly!

message 34: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments Pairings and Rules posted in messages 4 and 5 of this thread- enjoy!!

message 35: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1439 comments Sapphire Bells

We didn't have many books in common, so I tried to give you a variety of new picks, plus I found a couple things to put on my wishlist.

1. Colton is a virgin: This sounds fun and ended up on my wishlist - Love and Chaos by Elizabeth Peters. You loved Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie, so give Agnes and the Hitman a try, I can never decide which of the two is my favorite by her.

Love and Chaos by Elizabeth Powers Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie

2. He's a former football star: fits both sports and green cover - The Hooker and the Hermit by L.H. Cosway. Or check out a college hockey star who needs help with a class so he makes a deal to be pretend dating to bring her to the attention of her crush (one of my favorite characters ever) in The Deal by Elle Kennedy.

The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1) by L.H. Cosway The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy

3. Colton is obsessed with his black dog, Sniper: The Man in the Black Suit by Sylvain Reynard. Or give paranormal romance a try (ignore the cheesy cover) with one of the greats - Ilona Andrews On the Edge.

The Man in the Black Suit by Sylvain Reynard On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews

4. Colton used to own a restaurant called 4th & Goal Grill in Washington D.C.: from your TBR we have Hired To Love with a 4.39 rating. Or check out a cozy mystery where a skeleton racer is sent to run her aunt's café in Australia to hide from the press and finds a dead body in Death Down Under by Samantha Silver.

Hired To Love by Jordan Lynde Death Down Under (Ruby Bay Mystery Book 1) by Samantha Silver

5. He went on "Bachelor in Paradise" after getting sent home from The Bachelorette: I managed to find some trees on the cover of Brush with Love. Set in historical England (which I would love to visit) is a fun re-telling of Beauty and the Beast in Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare.

Brush with Love by Lisa McKendrick Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1) by Tessa Dare

6. Colton is 26 years old: A couple of two word titles with Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett or Something Borrowed by Louisa George where a wedding planner has to work with her ex''s best man to save her business.

Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett Something Borrowed by Louisa George

7. He is hoping to find a wife, ending his single status: a couple stand-alone titles with He Loves Lucy by Susan Donovan which somehow manages to be a cute story while the heroine is trying to lose 100 pounds. Or check out Attachments by Rainbow Rowell where a night IT worker falls for a day worker just from reading her conversations with another co-worker (this is pretty much chick-lit but with a male lead).

He Loves Lucy by Susan Donovan Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

8. Colton was born in Indianapolis and grew up in the small town of Washington, Illinois: I'm fairly sure this is a small town romance - Until We Kissed by Heather B. Moore (I added the first book in the series to my wishlist). Or a cool short story when online gaming buddies meet up at a convention and danger enters in Gaming for Keeps by Seleste deLaney.

Until We Kissed (Pine Valley #6) by Heather B. Moore Gaming for Keeps (Agents of TRAIT #1) by Seleste deLaney

message 36: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments Hi Beth!

Here are your picks....I hope you find a few goodies in here!

1. Colton is a virgin-
new- Sheltered- virginal or innocent character
tbr- Beg- white on the cover.

new- Most Valuable Playboy-sports
tbr- Hoops Holiday- sports

tbr- Six of Hearts-romantic suspense
tbr- Ruthless King -black on the cover.

new- Let's Get Textual- 4.0 rating or higher
tbr- Jake Undone-4.0 rating or higher.

5. He went on "Bachelor in Paradise" after getting sent home from The Bachelorette-
new- Prime Minister -love to visit
new- Dark Fancy- love to visit

tbr- The Deal published in February
tbr- Shopping for a Billionaire- published in June

new- Hot Cop- stand-alone title
new- Smut- stand- alone title

8. Colton was born in Indianapolis and grew up in the small town of Washington, Illinois-
new- Completely Smitten-small-town romance
new- The Stocking was Hung-relatively short

Happy Reading and Happy New Year!!

message 37: by Pam from Ohio (new)

Pam from Ohio | 108 comments HeatherMarie,
Hope you find something interesting in here for the month,

1. Colton is a virgin-
TBR U.M.O by Penelope Fletcher New The Bachelor's Baby (Love in Montana, #3; Montana Born Bachelor Auction #3) by Dani Collins

TBR Something Borrowed by Eve Dangerfield New Luke's Crazy California Christmas by Cindy K. Green

Recommend a romantic suspense or paranormal romance book
TBR A Soupçon of Poison (Kat Holloway Mysteries, #0.5) by Jennifer Ashley New Undercover SEAL (SEALs of Coronado Book 4) by Paige Tyler

Recommend a romance set in the food industry The Icing on the Cake (The Epicurean Series Book 4) by Sorcha Grace New
Recommend a book with a 4.0 rating or higher. Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3) by Nora Roberts TBR

TBR Outback Affair (Affair, #3) by Annie Seaton New Bohemia Beach (Bohemia Beach, #1) by Lucy Lakestone

TBR Serious Play by Bonnie Dee New The Fashion Designer (The Pattern Artist #2) by Nancy Moser

Recommend a stand-alone title TBR Getaway Girl by Tessa Bailey
Recommend matchmaking or blind date event in it. New Worst Date Ever by Melodie Campbell

Recommend a small-town romance New One Day in Apple Grove (Small Town USA, #2) by C.H. Admirand
Recommend a book that is relatively short (under 150 pages) TBR A Cat Called Cupid by Mazy Morris

message 38: by Laura..devouring books like crumpets (last edited Dec 23, 2018 10:36AM) (new)

Laura..devouring books like crumpets (lauzacookie) | 1023 comments Mountainkat

1. Colton is a virgin-
Recommend a romance with a virginal or innocent character or
TBR Desperately Seeking Santa by Eli Easton NEW The Story of Us (Carnage, #1) by Lesley Jones
Recommend a romance with a character who watches or plays a sport or
TBR Hail Mary by Nicola Rendell NEW The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1) by L.H. Cosway
Recommend a romantic suspense or paranormal romance book or
Recommend a book with black on the cover.
TBR A Wish Upon the Stars (Tales From Verania #4) by T.J. Klune NEW Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright
Recommend a romance set in the food industry or
Recommend a book with a 4.0 rating or higher.
TBR Holding On (Colorado High Country, #6) by Pamela Clare NEW The Maiden (The Cloister, #1) by Celia Aaron
Recommend a romance set on an island or somewhere you would love to visit or
TBR Apprentice in Death (In Death, #43) by J.D. Robb NEW Around the World in 80 Men (#1) by Brandi Ratliff
Recommend a romance published in February or June of any year or
TBR Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews NEW Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1) by Aja James
Recommend a stand-alone title or
Recommend a book with a mail-order bride, or matchmaking or blind date event in it.
TBR Secret Santa by Jay Northcote NEW Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
Recommend a small-town romance or a
Recommend a book that is relatively short (under 150 pages)
TBR A Prairie Dog's Love Song by Eli Easton NEW Beauty and the Goblin King (Fairy Tale Heat, #1) by Lidiya Foxglove

message 39: by Amanda (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 634 comments Hi Nancy H! Here are your picks. Hope you find something good to read.

1. Recommend a book with white on the cover.
TBR: Coast Road by Barbara Delinsky
NEW: The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1) by Julie Garwood

2. Recommend a romance with a character who watches or plays a sport.
TBR: Licked (L.A. Liaisons, #1) by Brooke Blaine
NEW: Keeping Score (The Perfect Play, #2) by Sara Rider

3. Recommend a romantic suspense or paranormal romance book.
TBR: Legal Ease (Sutton Capital, #1) by Lori Ryan
NEW: Blamed (Blood Money #1) by Edie Harris

4. Recommend a book with a 4.0 rating or higher. (As of 12/23, they have a 4.0 or higher.)
TBR: One in a Million by Lindsey Kelk
NEW: The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang

5. Recommend a book with water or sand or trees on the cover.
TBR: The Other Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys, #3) by Julia Quinn
NEW: A Notorious Vow (The Four Hundred, #3) by Joanna Shupe

6. Recommend a book with either 2 or 6 words in the title.
TBR: Saving Grace (Katie 1) A What Doesn't Kill You Romantic Mystery by Pamela Fagan Hutchins
NEW: Bad Bachelor (Bad Bachelors, #1) by Stefanie London

7. Recommend a stand-alone title.
TBR: Delicious! by Ruth Reichl
NEW: Night Hawk by Beverly Jenkins

8. Recommend a book that is relatively short (under 150 pages) .
TBR: The Magic Broom by Teegan Loy
NEW: Will You Be My Wi-Fi? by Caroline Linden

message 40: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments These Picks look wonderful Pam! You gave me a little smear of everything, so looking forward to January now!

message 41: by Pam from Ohio (new)

Pam from Ohio | 108 comments HeatherMarie wrote: "These Picks look wonderful Pam! You gave me a little smear of everything, so looking forward to January now!"

thanks Heather Marie
I want to read the Fashion Designer. It is one of the 2018 choice picks.
Have a happy holiday season.
Pam

message 42: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments Mary Megan
Here are your picks~ tried to keep it heavy on contemporary-small town. Let me know if you need re-picks.

TBR: Make Me Lose Control (white cover)
New: Swear on This Life (white cover)
Make Me Lose Control (Cabin Fever, #2) by Christie Ridgway Swear on This Life by Renee Carlino
TBR: Until You Loved Me (sports! go sports!)
New: My Not So Perfect Life (green cover)
Until You Loved Me (Silver Springs, #3) by Brenda Novak My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella
TBR: The Stolen Marriage (black cover)
New: Hate to Want You (black cover)
The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain Hate to Want You (Forbidden Hearts, #1) by Alisha Rai
TBR: The Sweet Spot (food industry)
New: Take Me Home (food industry)
The Sweet Spot (Willamette Valley #1) by Heather Heyford Take Me Home (Country Roads, #1) by Inez Kelley
TBR: Bad Bachelor (favorite spot- library?)
New: Her Hawaiian Homecoming (island)
Bad Bachelor (Bad Bachelors, #1) by Stefanie London Her Hawaiian Homecoming by Cara Lockwood
TBR: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
New: Virgin River (2 word title)
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr
TBR: One Day in December (stand alone)
New: The Other Side of Us (stand alone)
One Day in December by Josie Silver The Other Side of Us by Sarah Mayberry
TBR: Sunrise Crossing (small town)
TBR: Sweet Tea and Sympathy (small town)
Sunrise Crossing (Ransom Canyon, #4) by Jodi Thomas Sweet Tea and Sympathy (Southern Eclectic, #1) by Molly Harper

message 43: by Mary-Megan (last edited Dec 23, 2018 11:52AM) (new)

Mary-Megan | 2177 comments Diane ~Firefly~
Here are your picks. I saw a lot of my favorite authors on your list, so hopefully you find some good ones in these recommendations...

1. Colton is a virgin
TBR: The Importance of Being Alice (white cover)
New: Wife by Wednesday (white-ish cover)
The Importance of Being Alice (Ainslie Brothers, #1) by Katie MacAlister Wife by Wednesday (The Weekday Brides, #1) by Catherine Bybee

2. He's a former football star
TBR: Wrecking Ball (sports)
New: Simply Irresistible (sports)
Wrecking Ball (Hard to Love, #1) by P. Dangelico Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1) by Rachel Gibson

3. Colton is obsessed with his black dog, Sniper
TBR: Forged in Ember (suspense/paranormal)
New: Show No Mercy
Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4) by Trish McCallan Show No Mercy (Black Ops Inc., #1) by Cindy Gerard

4. Colton used to own a restaurant called 4th & Goal Grill in Washington D.C.
TBR: Murder with Lemon Tea Cakes
New: Love Irresistibly (Food industry/4.0 rating)
Murder with Lemon Tea Cakes (Daisy's Tea Garden Mystery #1) by Karen Rose Smith Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4) by Julie James

5. He went on "Bachelor in Paradise" after getting sent home from The Bachelorette
TBR: Lost and Found Sisters (sand/water)
New: Ember Island (island)
Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1) by Jill Shalvis Ember Island by Kimberley Freeman

6. Colton is 26 years old
TBR: Controlled Burn (2 word title)
New: Thrill Me (2 word title - You've read Happily Inc, I think this book introduces the Mitchell brothers - and Best of My Love I think has them officially leaving for Happily Inc)
Controlled Burn (Boston Fire, #2) by Shannon Stacey Thrill Me (Fool's Gold, #18) by Susan Mallery

7. He is hoping to find a wife, ending his single status
TBR: The Book Jumper (stand alone)
New: Match Me If You Can (match maker)
The Book Jumper by Mechthild Gläser Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

8. Colton was born in Indianapolis and grew up in the small town of Washington, Illinois
TBR: Second Chance Girl (small town)
TBR: Angel's Rest (small town)
New: Riverbend Road (small town - I know it's book four, but I haven't read book one yet to recommend it in good faith that it's good. I had no problem starting at book 4)
Second Chance Girl (Happily Inc, #2) by Susan Mallery Angel's Rest (Eternity Springs, #1) by Emily March Riverbend Road (Haven Point, #4) by RaeAnne Thayne

message 44: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2177 comments HeatherMarie wrote: "Mary Megan
Here are your picks~ tried to keep it heavy on contemporary-small town. Let me know if you need re-picks...."

Those look great! You know me so well :) I can't wait to get started!

message 45: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1439 comments Mary-Megan wrote: "Diane ~Firefly~
Here are your picks. I saw a lot of my favorite authors on your list, so hopefully you find some good ones in these recommendations...

1. Colton is a virgin
TBR: [book:The Importan..."

Thanks for the great picks Mary-Megan!

message 46: by Carrie (last edited Dec 24, 2018 04:41AM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 826 comments Hey Fran, my shelf link doesn't go to my suggested shelf, which I posted in my sign up. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 47: by Bror (Abrar) (last edited Dec 24, 2018 05:09AM) (new)

Bror (Abrar)  (ab2y) | 152 comments Sonja wrote: "No idea who he is and don’t much care BUT I’m always in! Please use my PIFM shelf!
I’ll try to make my picks Monday before I leave work as I’ll be traveling after that!"

Hi Sonja I hope you like my picks for you :) i'll try to pick a lot from your shelf.

1. Colton is a virgin
Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely white on the cover.
My Fair Lover (Legendary Lovers, #5) by Nicole Jordan virginal character.

2. He's a former football star
The Duke and I The Epilogue II. (Bridgertons, #1.5) by Julia Quinn green on the cover.
Mess Me Up (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #1) by Lani Lynn Vale MC plays football.

3. Colton is obsessed with his black dog, Sniper
Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27) by Lynsay Sands black on the cover.
The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire (Half-Moon Hollow, #3) by Molly Harper paranormal.

4. Colton used to own a restaurant called 4th & Goal Grill in Washington D.C.
Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3) by Penny Reid food .
Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1) by R.L. Mathewson over 4.0 rating.

5. He went on "Bachelor in Paradise" after getting sent home from The Bachelorette
Love Is Blind by Lynsay Sands trees on the cover.
On the Island (On the Island, #1) by Tracey Garvis Graves duh.

6. Colton is 26 years old
Sleeping Beauty by Judith Ivory published in June.
Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) by Kristen Ashley 2 words.

7. He is hoping to find a wife, ending his single status
Never Never by Brianna R. Shrum stand alone.
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang he is a "male" and ordered ? lol

8. Colton was born in Indianapolis and grew up in the small town of Washington, Illinois
Thank You For Riding by Cara McKenna short.
The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley small-town romance.

message 48: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments Carrie wrote: "Hey Fran, my shelf link doesn't go to my suggested shelf, which I posted in my sign up. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

I’m sorry Carrie! I will add it now :)

message 49: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments Carrie wrote: "Hey Fran, my shelf link doesn't go to my suggested shelf, which I posted in my sign up. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

I accidentally placed your shelf next to the person below you. Thanks for the heads up- all fixed!

message 50: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 826 comments Thank you Fran :) I was thinking my normal tbr is too big and well I don't have all the books lol.

« previous 1 3