The Challenge Factory discussion

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Lanelle | 14242 comments Mod
I was going through The Challenge Factory's archives and found a challenge that was first posted in September 2011. I thought it was an awesome challenge and that it deserved to be brought back. I did update it a bit.

description

For this challenge, read books for each Hero in the following list.
You set the amount of books of each type of Hero. Have fun!

This is a 6 month challenge.
No page limit. Re-reads are okay.

Easy: 1 - 2 books for every types of hero
Moderate: 3 - 4 books for every type of hero
Difficult: 5+ books for every type of hero

Bad Boy Hero: The Bad Boy hero is in a league of his own. More heroines and readers have fallen for the Bad Boy than any other hero. He is the ultimate rebel: mysterious, seemingly indifferent, and hard to get. He starts behaving badly and unrepentant. His inner good is revealed however by the end of the novel due to actions of the heroine or circumstances that force the Bad Boy to become the knight in shining armor.

Alpha Hero: Oh the Alpha Hero… how we love to hate and adore him. The innate leader in any situation, all look up to him and want to be him. He is cool, confident, steady, strong, and sure. His ultimate role, I have noticed, is to take care of the heroine.

Brooding Hero: Our poor tortured lonely Brooding Hero, how we love to torment him! Aloof, angry, wounded, and ultimately one of the most vulnerable heroes out there, the Brooding Hero has captured the most hearts in very recent history with Angel and Edward Cullen. (The Brooding Hero is a perfect foil for the Paranormal Hero.)

Rogue Hero: The Rogue, who by any other period outside of Regency, is a promiscuous cad in need of a physical. Utterly charming, completely dashing, and carelessly carefree about life and love, the Rogue is ready to live life to the fullest. Commitment is not a word in his vocabulary until the heroine sweeps into his sphere of influence.

Nerd Hero: Another name for the Nerd Hero is the Beta Hero. He is kind, sweet, and decent. He is the best friend or the slightly awkward gentleman. The Nerd Hero usually meets his full potential because of the heroine. He rises to the occasion… in many ways!

Tycoon Hero: This hero type literally litters Harlequin Presents. He can be a millionaire, billionaire, prince, sheikh, or wealthy boss. Ninety percent of the time the Tycoon starts out isolated and jaded in the novel only to wind up happy and easygoing by the end.

Protector Hero: The Protector Hero comes in many disguises and professions, most are obvious, but some not so much. You can find him playing the role of a cop, firefighter, spy, detective, bodyguard, part of the military, etc. The plot behind many Protector Hero stories involves a mystery where he almost loses the heroine while trying to save her.

Daredevil Hero: Pirates and superheroes compose the majority of the Daredevil Heroes. They love action, they love fights, and they love thrills. Give them a damsel in distress and they are all over that like white on rice.

Warrior Hero: The Warrior Hero, funnily enough is a very reluctant hero. He thinks himself above it all. His mission in life is to fight and protect his home, his country, and his men. Then a woman is thrown into the mix all kinds of chaos and havoc ensure and he fights it every step of the way only to be conquered by the heroine.

Paranormal Hero: Oh yes, the Paranormal Hero, when a normal man just won’t cut it, the Paranormal Hero steps in prepared to win hearts and steal our very souls. He oozes sexuality with his otherworldly good looks and quickens our imagination with images of the extraordinary. Call him a vampire, a wizard, a lycanthrope, or any other kind of superhuman being… it is all the same to him.

(hero types borrowed from http://literatureyoungadultfiction.com

message 2: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited Feb 02, 2019 11:55AM) (new)

message 3: by JoAnne (last edited Sep 16, 2018 08:10PM) (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2449 comments Sounds like fun - will give it a try starting 8/1

This is a 6 month challenge. No page limit.
8/1/18 to 1/31/19
Read 10/10

Bad Boy Hero: The Bad Boy hero is in a league of his own. More heroines and readers have fallen for the Bad Boy than any other hero. He is the ultimate rebel: mysterious, seemingly indifferent, and hard to get. He starts behaving badly and unrepentant. His inner good is revealed however by the end of the novel due to actions of the heroine or circumstances that force the Bad Boy to become the knight in shining armor.
Cottage by the Sea by Debbie Macomber Cottage by the Sea by Debbie Macomber 8/6/18 5stars (Keaton - wouldn't consider himself a hero at all)

Alpha Hero: Oh the Alpha Hero… how we love to hate and adore him. The innate leader in any situation, all look up to him and want to be him. He is cool, confident, steady, strong, and sure. His ultimate role, I have noticed, is to take care of the heroine.
Hard Sell (21 Wall Street, #2) by Lauren Layne Hard Sell (21 Wall Street #2) by Lauren Layne 8/18/18 4stars (Matt)

Brooding Hero: Our poor tortured lonely Brooding Hero, how we love to torment him! Aloof, angry, wounded, and ultimately one of the most vulnerable heroes out there, the Brooding Hero has captured the most hearts in very recent history with Angel and Edward Cullen. (The Brooding Hero is a perfect foil for the Paranormal Hero.)
Racked and Stacked (Blacktop Cowboys, #9) by Lorelei James Racked and Stacked (Blacktop Cowboys #9) by Lorelei James 8/1/18 4stars (Ike)

Rogue Hero: The Rogue, who by any other period outside of Regency, is a promiscuous cad in need of a physical. Utterly charming, completely dashing, and carelessly carefree about life and love, the Rogue is ready to live life to the fullest. Commitment is not a word in his vocabulary until the heroine sweeps into his sphere of influence.
Maybe for You (Whiskey and Weddings, #3) by Nicole McLaughlin Maybe for You (Whiskey and Weddings, #3) by Nicole McLaughlin 8/8/18 3.5stars (describes Jake to a T but he's in a contemporary romance and hates commitment)

Nerd Hero: Another name for the Nerd Hero is the Beta Hero. He is kind, sweet, and decent. He is the best friend or the slightly awkward gentleman. The Nerd Hero usually meets his full potential because of the heroine. He rises to the occasion… in many ways!
A Love for Leah (Amish of Pontotoc #2) by Amy Lillard A Love for Leah (Amish of Pontotoc #2) by Amy Lillard 8/3/18 5stars (Jamie - patient as a saint; kind)

Tycoon Hero: This hero type literally litters Harlequin Presents. He can be a millionaire, billionaire, prince, sheikh, or wealthy boss. Ninety percent of the time the Tycoon starts out isolated and jaded in the novel only to wind up happy and easygoing by the end.
I Flipping Love You (Shacking Up, #3) by Helena Hunting I Flipping Love You (Shacking Up #3) by Helena Hunting 8/9/18 4stars (Pierce)

Protector Hero: The Protector Hero comes in many disguises and professions, most are obvious, but some not so much. You can find him playing the role of a cop, firefighter, spy, detective, bodyguard, part of the military, etc. The plot behind many Protector Hero stories involves a mystery where he almost loses the heroine while trying to save her.
The Wild Mountain Thyme by Kathryn Scarborough The Wild Mountain Thyme by Kathryn Scarborough 8/4/18 3stars (Jim)

Daredevil Hero: Pirates and superheroes compose the majority of the Daredevil Heroes. They love action, they love fights, and they love thrills. Give them a damsel in distress and they are all over that like white on rice.
The Mysterious Lord Millcroft (The King's Elite #1) by Virginia Heath The Mysterious Lord Millcroft (The King's Elite #1) by Virginia Heath 8/17/18 4.5 stars (Seb - a spy)

Warrior Hero: The Warrior Hero, funnily enough is a very reluctant hero. He thinks himself above it all. His mission in life is to fight and protect his home, his country, and his men. Then a woman is thrown into the mix all kinds of chaos and havoc ensure and he fights it every step of the way only to be conquered by the heroine.
Between You and Me by Susan Wiggs Between You and Me by Susan Wiggs 8/7/18 5stars (Caleb)

Paranormal Hero: Oh yes, the Paranormal Hero, when a normal man just won’t cut it, the Paranormal Hero steps in prepared to win hearts and steal our very souls. He oozes sexuality with his otherworldly good looks and quickens our imagination with images of the extraordinary. Call him a vampire, a wizard, a lycanthrope, or any other kind of superhuman being… it is all the same to him.
Wild Game (Wilding Pack Wolves, #1) by Alisa Woods Wild Game (Wilding Pack Wolves #1) by Alisa Woods 9/16/18 3stars (Owen)

message 4: by Midniteillusion (Desiree) (last edited Oct 30, 2018 07:53PM) (new)

Midniteillusion (Desiree) (midniteillusion) | 10 comments Sign me up for Easy please. :)

I Need a Hero
Duration: 8/01/18 - 1/31/19
Level: Easy (2 books per task)
Books read: 13/20

1) Neighbor Dearest
2)

1) The Triangle
2)

1) To Sir Phillip, With Love
2) Wolf

1)The Viscount Who Loved Me
2)

1)
2)

1) Captive for the Sheikh's Pleasure
2) Unexpected Gifts

The Protector Hero comes in many disguises and professions, most are obvious, but some not so much. You can find him playing the role of a cop, firefighter, spy, detective, bodyguard, part of the military, etc. The plot behind many Protector Hero stories involves a mystery where he almost loses the heroine while trying to save her.
1) Semiautomatic Marriage
2) A Soldier's Christmas: I'll Be Home for Christmas\Presents Under the Tree\If Only in My Dreams

1) Lady Pirate
2) Cash

1) Reign
2) Dark Mysteries

1)
2)

message 5: by ♛ Jarusauskas (last edited Aug 16, 2018 09:40PM) (new)

♛ Jarusauskas  (jarusauskas) | 7 comments Sign me up for easy, too, please.

I Need a Hero
Duration: 7/28/18 - 1/27/19
Level: Easy (2 books per task)
Completed tasks: 0/10
Books read: 0/10+

1. Forget You, Ethan by Whitney G. | 3 stars.

1. Possession by Jaimie Roberts. | 2 stars.

1. In 27 Days by Alison Gervais. | 5 stars.

1. Lev by Belle Aurora. | 2 stars.

1. The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress by Maya Banks. | 5 stars.

1. Sweet Ruin by Kresley Cole. | 3 stars.
2. Come Moonrise by Lucy Monroe. | 3 stars.

message 6: by Agnieszka (last edited Aug 23, 2018 07:03AM) (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1242 comments I'll start with easy - I have no idea if I find more than one PN hero or will be in a mood for the Rogue. I'll bump it up in case I'll manage more

I Need a Hero
Duration:
7/28/18 - 1/27/19
Level: Easy (1 - 2 books per task)
Completed tasks: 8/10
Books read: 22/10+ - last updated
No page limit, Re-reads are OK.

The Hangman's Companion by Joseph Flynn 4* 7/31
Someone Else's Fairytale book 1 of Someone Else's Fairytale Box Set: Books 1-4 by E.M. Tippetts 5* 8/20
Special Agent Booker by Mimi Barbour 4* 8/20

Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich 3* 8/4 both of them
Gator Bait by Jana Deleon 5* 8/15
Soldiers of Fortune by Selena Blake 3* 8/17

Brooding Hero: Our poor tortured lonely Brooding Hero, how we love to torment him! Aloof, angry, wounded, and ultimately one of the most vulnerable heroes out there, the Brooding Hero has captured the most hearts in very recent history with Angel and Edward Cullen.
Entscheidung in Cornwall=Once More With Feeling by Nora Roberts 3* 8/6

Brownies & Betrayal by Heather Justesen 3* 8/9
A Little Big Rock by Lauren Blakely 2* 8/13

Through Her Eyes by Alisha Jones 5* 8/11
Murder at the Courthouse by Ann H. Gabhart 4* 8/13

Im Tod vereint=Divided in Death by J.D. Robb 6* 8/10
Ein Gentleman in Moskau=A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles 3* 8/18

Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes book 1 of Rose Gardner Mystery Box Set by Denise Grover Swank 4* 7/28
Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons book 2 of Rose Gardner Mystery Box Set by Denise Grover Swank 4* 8/5
Mainhattan Blues by Andreas Schäfer 4* 8/7 (Mainhattan is a local term for Frankfurt/Main - especially if compared to New York City)
Ghost of a Chance by Matthew Costello & Neil Richards 3* 8/21
Bed, Breakfast & Bones by Carolyn L. Dean 4* 8/22
Dune, Dock, and a Dead Man by Carolyn L. Dean 4* 8/23

The Legacy Device by Rachel Amphlett 5* 8/2
Das Geheimnis von Orcas Island=The Welcoming by Nora Roberts 4* 8/14
At Her SEAL's Command by Selena Blake 3* 8/16

message 7: by Emerson (new)

Emerson Hawthorne | 40 comments Signing up for easy. Thanks.

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Oh this is going to be fun, my first challenge since retiring. I would like to join the easy group.

message 9: by Mariana (last edited Jan 16, 2019 11:31AM) (new)

Mariana (lyqrycy) | 16 comments I Need a Hero
08/01/2018 -->01/31/2019
Level: Moderate
Tasks: 10/10
Books: 24

Bad Boy Hero:
The Bad Boy hero is in a league of his own. More heroines and readers have fallen for the Bad Boy than any other hero. He is the ultimate rebel: mysterious, seemingly indifferent, and hard to get. He starts behaving badly and unrepentant. His inner good is revealed however by the end of the novel due to actions of the heroine or circumstances that force the Bad Boy to become the knight in shining armor

1. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne by Sally Thorne, read 08/05, 5 stars
2. A Kind of Truth (A Kind of Stories, #1) by Lane Hayes by Lane Hayes, read 10/31, 4 stars

Alpha Hero:
Oh the Alpha Hero… how we love to hate and adore him. The innate leader in any situation, all look up to him and want to be him. He is cool, confident, steady, strong, and sure. His ultimate role, I have noticed, is to take care of the heroine

1. The King of Bourbon Street (NOLA Nights, #1) by Thea de Salle by Thea de Salle, read 08/13, 2 stars
2. Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1) by Shannon Stacey by Shannon Stacey, read 10/21, 2.5 stars
3. The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1) by S.E. Harmon by S.E. Harmon, read 11/04, 4 stars
4. Map of the Heart by Susan Wiggs by Susan Wiggs, read 11/16, 4 stars

Brooding Hero:
Our poor tortured lonely Brooding Hero, how we love to torment him! Aloof, angry, wounded, and ultimately one of the most vulnerable heroes out there, the Brooding Hero has captured the most hearts in very recent history with Angel and Edward Cullen. (The Brooding Hero is a perfect foil for the Paranormal Hero.)

1. Wild Child (Boys of Bishop, #1) by Molly O'Keefe by Molly O'Keefe, read 10/24, 4.5 stars
2. Act Like It (London Celebrities, #1) by Lucy Parker by Lucy Parker, read 11/06, 4 stars

Rogue Hero:
The Rogue, who by any other period outside of Regency, is a promiscuous cad in need of a physical. Utterly charming, completely dashing, and carelessly carefree about life and love, the Rogue is ready to live life to the fullest. Commitment is not a word in his vocabulary until the heroine sweeps into his sphere of influence.

1. Too Wicked to Wed (Lords of Midnight, #1) by Cara Elliott by Cara Elliott, read 08/15, 3 stars
2. A Case of Possession (A Charm of Magpies, #2) by K.J. Charles by K.J. Charles, read 09/30, 3 stars
3. Chasing Trouble (Chasing Love, #1) by Joya Ryan by Joya Ryan, read 10/31, 3 stars

Nerd Hero:
Another name for the Nerd Hero is the Beta Hero. He is kind, sweet, and decent. He is the best friend or the slightly awkward gentleman. The Nerd Hero usually meets his full potential because of the heroine. He rises to the occasion… in many ways!

1. All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover by Colleen Hoover, read 08/29, 5 stars
2. Evidence of the Affair by Taylor Jenkins Reid by Taylor Jenkins Reid, read 10/15, 3 stars
3. Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts by Nora Roberts, read 11/24, 4 stars

Tycoon Hero:
This hero type literally litters Harlequin Presents. He can be a millionaire, billionaire, prince, sheikh, or wealthy boss. Ninety percent of the time the Tycoon starts out isolated and jaded in the novel only to wind up happy and easygoing by the end.

1. Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) by Susan Mallery by Susan Mallery, read 08/25, 3 stars
2. Filthy Gods (American Gods, #0.5) by R. Scarlett by R. Scarlett, read 01/06, 4 stars

Protector Hero:
The Protector Hero comes in many disguises and professions, most are obvious, but some not so much. You can find him playing the role of a cop, firefighter, spy, detective, bodyguard, part of the military, etc. The plot behind many Protector Hero stories involves a mystery where he almost loses the heroine while trying to save her.

1. A Faint Cold Fear (Grant County, #3) by Karin Slaughter by Karin Slaughter, read 07/12, 4 stars
2. Heartbreaker (Buchanan-Renard-McKenna, #1) by Julie Garwood by Julie Garwood, read 08/26, 4 stars
3. Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3) by Jill Shalvis by Jill Shalvis, read 09/30, 5 stars

Daredevil Hero:
Pirates and superheroes compose the majority of the Daredevil Heroes. They love action, they love fights, and they love thrills. Give them a damsel in distress and they are all over that like white on rice.

1. In the Shadows (Metahuman Files, #3) by Hailey Turner by Hailey Turner, read 08/21, 4 stars
2. Latakia by J.F. Smith by J.F. Smith, read 10/03, 4 stars

Warrior Hero:
The Warrior Hero, funnily enough is a very reluctant hero. He thinks himself above it all. His mission in life is to fight and protect his home, his country, and his men. Then a woman is thrown into the mix all kinds of chaos and havoc ensure and he fights it every step of the way only to be conquered by the heroine.

1. The Last Thing He Needs (The Last Thing He Needs, #1) by J.H. Knight by J.H. Knight, read 09/09, 3.5 stars
2. Be Still My Heart (Four Kings Security, #2) by Charlie Cochet by Charlie Cochet, read 09/04, 3 stars

Paranormal Hero:
Oh yes, the Paranormal Hero, when a normal man just won’t cut it, the Paranormal Hero steps in prepared to win hearts and steal our very souls. He oozes sexuality with his otherworldly good looks and quickens our imagination with images of the extraordinary. Call him a vampire, a wizard, a lycanthrope, or any other kind of superhuman being… it is all the same to him

1. Dungeon Crawl (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #8) by Annie Bellet by Annie Bellet, read 08/27, 3 stars
2. Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews by Ilona Andrews, read 09/24, 4 stars

message 10: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Welcome to the challenge, everyone.
I've created a shortcut for each of you in message 2.

message 11: by Erica (last edited Oct 15, 2018 12:32PM) (new)

Erica | 980 comments I Need a Hero Challenge
Start date: July 29, 2018
Finishing date: January 29, 2019

Level: Easy 1 - 2 books for every type of hero

✔ 1. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco (9/16)

Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco

✔ 1. The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing (10/13)

The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing

✔ 1. The Good Pilot Peter Woodhouse by Alexander McCall Smith (9/14)

The Good Pilot Peter Woodhouse by Alexander McCall Smith

message 12: by Sophie (last edited Jan 14, 2019 05:12AM) (new)

Sophie | 108 comments This sounds awesome! I'd like to give this one a try :) I'm going to backdate to a few days ago if I may as I have a couple of books that would fit.
Start: July 21 2018
Finish: January 21 2019

Bad Boy Hero: The Bad Boy hero is in a league of his own. More heroines and readers have fallen for the Bad Boy than any other hero. He is the ultimate rebel: mysterious, seemingly indifferent, and hard to get. He starts behaving badly and unrepentant. His inner good is revealed however by the end of the novel due to actions of the heroine or circumstances that force the Bad Boy to become the knight in shining armour.

1. It's In His Heart - Cooper
2. Sparrow - Troy Brennan
3. Inseparable - Devin
4. When Stars Burn Out - Paxton
5. I Bet You - Ryker
6. The Studying Hours - Sebastian "Oz" Osborne

It's In His Heart (Red River Valley, #1) by Shelly Alexander Sparrow by L.J. Shen Inseparable by Siobhan Davis When Stars Burn Out by Carrie Aarons I Bet You (The Hook Up #2) by Ilsa Madden-Mills The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1) by Sara Ney

1. Catching Caden - Caden
2. Shameless King - Declan
3. The Hardest Fall - Dylan
4. Jock Row - Sterling "Rowdy" Wade

Catching Caden (The Perfect Game #1) by Samantha Christy Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #1) by Maya Hughes The Hardest Fall by Ella Maise Jock Row (Jock Hard, #1) by Sara Ney

1. The Scorpio Races - Sean
2. The Glory - Will
3. Jock Rule - Kip

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater The Glory by Lauren St. John Jock Rule (Jock Hard, #2) by Sara Ney

1. Kenzie And The Guy Next Door - Jeremy
2. Stud: A College Football Romance - Logan Wolfe
3. The End Zone - Sage Poirier

Kenzie And The Guy Next Door (Scandalous, #4) by R. Linda Stud A College Football Romance by Michaela Scott The End Zone by L.J. Shen

1. Starting Over - Cameron Thomas

Starting Over by Barbie Bohrman

1. Hour of Need - Major Grant Barrett
2. The Murderer's Son - DI Rowan Jackman
3. Cheat Codes - Dr Archer Jones
4. End Game - Dr Archer Jones
5. Still Not Into You - Gabe
6. Until November - Asher

Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1) by Melinda Leigh The Murderer's Son (DI Jackman & DS Evans, #1) by Joy Ellis Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1) by Emily Goodwin End Game (Dawson Family, #2) by Emily Goodwin Still Not Into You by Nicole Snow Until November (Until, #1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds

1. Writing on the Wall - Ryan
2. Backs Against the Wall - Ryan
3. Tearing Down the Wall - Ryan

Writing on the Wall (Survival, #1) by Tracey Ward Backs Against the Wall (Survival, #2) by Tracey Ward Tearing Down the Wall (Survival, #3) by Tracey Ward

1. Moonlight Prince - Fen
2. Styx - Nate
Moonlight Prince (Vampire Girl #4) by Karpov Kinrade Styx (The Four #1) by Layla Frost

message 13: by Tania (last edited Dec 12, 2018 07:12PM) (new)

Tania | 166 comments I Need a Hero Challenge
8/1/2018 - 1/31/2019

Progress: 5/20

1. Copper King by Vivian Arend (finished 12/12), my review is here

1. Christmas Chaos by Jennifer Conner (finished 12/1), my review is here
2. A Promise for Her Love by Elaina Lee (finished 12/1), my review is here

1. B.I.S.A. (Brunei Secret Intelligence Agency): Eventually by Amir Falique (finished 8/24), my review is here

1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (finished 8/23), my review is here

message 14: by Katherine (last edited Dec 30, 2018 02:50PM) (new)

Katherine | 256 comments 🍨🍨🍨🍨 I Need a Hero 🍨🍨🍨🍨 30th July - 30th Jan 2019.
Difficult: 5+ books for every type of hero.

Bad Boy Hero: (view spoiler)

Alpha Hero: (view spoiler)

Brooding Hero: (view spoiler)
🍦 Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 7
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦

Rogue Hero: (view spoiler)
🍦 The Return of the King
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦

Nerd Hero: (view spoiler)
🍦 Better Date than Never Boxed Set, #7-10
🍦 The World's Greatest First Love, Vol. 4
🍦 Betsy
🍦
🍦

Tycoon Hero: He can be rich, a prince, wealthy boss. (view spoiler)
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦

Protector Hero: (view spoiler)
🍦 Junjo Romantica, Volume 10
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦

Daredevil Hero: They love action, they love fights, and they love thrills. (view spoiler)
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦

Warrior Hero: (view spoiler)
🍦 Reader Abduction
🍦
🍦
🍦
🍦

Paranormal Hero: (view spoiler)

Better Date than Never Boxed Set Books 1-6 (Better Date than Never, #1-6) by Susan Hatler Doctor Who - The Wheel of Ice by Stephen Baxter Barbarian's Hope (Ice Planet Barbarians, #10) by Ruby Dixon Barbarian's Choice (Ice Planet Barbarians, #11) by Ruby Dixon Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling Critical Failures II Fail Harder by Robert Bevan How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (How to Train Your Dragon, #11) by Cressida Cowell Mercenary Abduction (Alien Abduction, #4) by Eve Langlais Zombie Fallout (Zombie Fallout, #1) by Mark Tufo Lord Loss (The Demonata, #1) by Darren Shan Heroic Abduction (Alien Abduction, #5) by Eve Langlais Lazy Son (Hell's Son, #1) by Eve Langlais The Fall of the Governor Part One (The Walking Dead #3) by Robert Kirkman Doctor Who Forever Autumn by Mark Morris Mail Order Maternity (Brides of Beckham, #6) by Kirsten Osbourne Doctor Who The Monsters Inside by Stephen Cole The End Has Come and Gone (Zombie Fallout, #4) by Mark Tufo Doctor Who The Stealers of Dreams by Steve Lyons Doctor Who The Price of Paradise by Colin Brake Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2) by Christopher Paolini The Fall of the Governor Part Two (The Walking Dead #4) by Robert Kirkman Demon Thief (The Demonata, #2) by Darren Shan Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Mort (Discworld, #4, Death, #1) by Terry Pratchett Soul Music (Discworld, #16) by Terry Pratchett The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2) by J.R.R. Tolkien Olivia's Mate (Daughters of the Wolf Clan, #1) by Maddy Barone Poor Unfortunate Soul A Tale of the Sea Witch by Serena Valentino I, Robot by Isaac Asimov The 100 (The 100, #1) by Kass Morgan Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8) by John Tiffany The Khyma Taken Part One (Women of Dor Nye, #4) by Poppy Rhys Plague Z, Part One by Adam Wright Doctor Who Twelve Doctors of Christmas by Jacqueline Rayner Wolverine Old Man Logan, Vol. 4 Old Monsters by Jeff Lemire Doctor Who Dead of Winter by James Goss The Beauty, Vol. 3 by Jeremy Haun The Lake of Souls (The Saga of Darren Shan, #10) by Darren Shan Saga, Vol. 7 (Saga, #7) by Brian K. Vaughan Manga Classics Pride & Prejudice by Stacy King The Mighty Thor, Volume 3 The Asgard/Shi'ar War by Jason Aaron Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5.5) by Rick Riordan Doctor Who The Day of the Doctor by Steven Moffat Hogfather (Discworld, #20; Death, #4) by Terry Pratchett Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver 'Till Death Do Us Part (Zombie Fallout, #6) by Mark Tufo Ranma 1/2, Volume 11 by Rumiko Takahashi Dan and Phil Go Outside by Dan Howell Dorothy (Orlan Orphans, #7) by Kirsten Osbourne Doctor Strange, Vol. 4 Mr. Misery by Jason Aaron Slawter (The Demonata, #3) by Darren Shan Venom, Vol. 3 Lethal Protector - Blood in the Water by Mike Costa The Harry Potter Collection 1-4 (Harry Potter, #1-4) by J.K. Rowling The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien Better Date than Never Boxed Set, #7-10 by Susan Hatler Reader Abduction (Alien Abduction, #7) by Eve Langlais Junjo Romantica, Volume 10 by Shungiku Nakamura The World's Greatest First Love, Vol. 4 by Shungiku Nakamura Betsy (Orlan Orphans #8) by Kirsten Osbourne Doctor Strange, Vol. 5 Secret Empire by Dennis Hopeless Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 7 by Joss Whedon

message 15: by LaurLa (last edited Jan 02, 2019 06:40AM) (new)

LaurLa | 2629 comments I Need a Hero
August - January

I Need a Hero (msg 15)

Medium level: - 3-4 books per hero
Books Completed: 40 of 40

Bad Boy Hero
Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street, #5) by Samantha Young Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4) by Lori Wilde Wicked Ride (Realm Enforcers, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti
🌸Lover Eternal - J.R. Ward - 09.14 ★★★★
🌸Echoes of Scotland Street - Samantha Young - 09.20 ★★★★
🌸Love with a Perfect Cowboy - Lori Wilde - 10.22 ★★★
🌸Wicked Ride - Rebecca Zanetti - 10.24 ★★★★

Alpha Hero
Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews The Colonel's Daughter (Men of the Zodiac, #8) by Amy Andrews Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1) by Christina Lauren The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley
🌸Magic Rises - Ilona Andrews - 08.11 ★★★★
🌸The Colonel's Daughter - Amy Andrews - 09.17 ★★★★
🌸Beautiful Bastard - Christina Lauren - 10.09 ★★★★
🌸The Gamble - Kristen Ashley - 10.27 ★★★★★

Brooding Hero
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Scene of the Crime Killer Cove by Carla Cassidy Mac Liam (Emerald Isle Trilogy, #2) by Renee Vincent Single White Vampire (Argeneau, #3) by Lynsay Sands
🌸Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - 08.24 ★★★★
🌸Scene of the Crime: Killer Cove - Carla Cassidy - 08.23 ★★★
🌸Mac Liam - Renee Vincent - 08.09 ★★★★
🌸Single White Vampire - Lynsay Sands - 09.16 ★★★★

Rogue Hero
Sucker Punched (Knockout Love #2) by Kelley R. Martin True Devotion (True, #2) by Liora Blake The Will (Magdalene, #1) by Kristen Ashley Hidden Pleasures by Brenda Jackson
🌸Sucker Punched - Kelley R. Martin - 09.03 ★★★★
🌸True Devotion - Liora Blake - 10.03 ★★★★
🌸The Will - Kristen Ashley - 10.28 ★★★★★
🌸Hidden Pleasures - Brenda Jackson - 11.14 ★★★

Nerd Hero
Nuts (Hudson Valley, #1) by Alice Clayton How to Hook a Bookworm (How To, #3) by Cassie Mae The Other Side of Us by Sarah Mayberry Buck's Landing (A New England Seacoast Romance) by Cameron D. Garriepy
🌸Nuts - Alice Clayton - 08.19 ★★★★
🌸How to Hook a Bookworm - Cassie Mae - 08.07 ★★★
🌸The Other Side of Us - Sarah Mayberry - 09.23 ★★★★
🌸Buck's Landing - Cameron Garriepy - 10.04 ★★★

Tycoon Hero
Ritual In Death (In Death, #27.5) by J.D. Robb Night Heat (Forged of Steele #2) by Brenda Jackson Risky Pleasures (Forged of Steele #4) by Brenda Jackson Irresistible Forces (Forged of Steele, #5) by Brenda Jackson
🌸Ritual In Death - J.D. Robb - 08.04 ★★★★
🌸Night Heat - Brenda Jackson - 08.05 ★★★
🌸Risky Pleasures - Brenda Jackson - 10.04 ★★★
🌸Irresistible Forces - Brenda Jackson - 10.18 ★★★

Protector Hero
Deadly Force (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #3) by Misty Evans Alec Mackenzie's Art of Seduction (MacKenzies & McBrides, #9) by Jennifer Ashley A Sandcastle Christmas (The Edge of Texas) by J.D. Faver The Good Luck Sister (Wildstone, #1.5) by Jill Shalvis
🌸Deadly Force - Misty Evans - 08.30 ★★★★
🌸Alec Mackenzie's Art of Seduction - Jennifer Ashley - 08.22 ★★★★★
🌸A Sandcastle Christmas - J.D. Faver - 09.06 ★★★
🌸The Good Luck Sister - Jill Shalvis - 09.30 ★★★

Daredevil Hero
Well Hung (Big Rock, #3) by Lauren Blakely His Wicked Heart (Secrets & Scandals, #2) by Darcy Burke One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2) by Julia London Dirty Little Secrets (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #1) by Julie Leto
🌸Well Hung - Lauren Blakely - 08.21 ★★★★
🌸His Wicked Heart - Darcy Burke - 10.07 ★★★★
🌸One More Night - Julia London - 11.10 ★★★★
🌸Dirty Little Secrets - Julie Leto - 12.01 ★★★★

Warrior Hero
The Farthest Edge (Honey, #2) by Kristen Ashley Loving Lilly (Lost and Found, #4.2) by J.M. Madden Collision Point (Brute Force, #1) by Lora Leigh Marked (Servants of Fate, #1) by Sarah Fine
🌸The Farthest Edge - Kristen Ashley - 08.26 ★★★★
🌸Loving Lilly - J.M Madden - 10.28 ★★★
🌸Collision Point - Lora Leigh - 11.25 ★★★★
🌸Marked - Sarah Fine - 11.28 ★★★★

Paranormal Hero
Quinn's Undying Rose (Scanguards Vampires, #6) by Tina Folsom Talen (Dark Protectors, #7.9) by Rebecca Zanetti Beyond the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #6) by Alexandra Ivy Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6) by Darynda Jones
🌸Quinn's Undying Rose - Tina Folsom - 08.27 ★★★
🌸Talen - Rebecca Zanetti - 08.10 ★★★★
🌸Beyond the Darkness - Alexandra Ivy - 09.22 ★★★★
🌸Sixth Grave on the Edge - Darynda Jones - 10.15 ★★★★

message 16: by Beth (last edited Aug 10, 2018 10:43PM) (new)

Beth | 371 comments Me. Easy level, because deciding things is hard for me, and this is all about deciding what kind of hero the protagonist it.

Do Heros have to be guys?

Bad Boy Hero:
* Artificial Condition 8/10/18 (Murderbot) [actually, Murderbot isn't human and doesn't have a gender[

Brooding Hero:

* [book:Circe|35959740], Madeline Miller 8/8/18 (Telemachus)

Nerd Hero:
* The Hearts We Sold, 8/9/18 (James)

message 17: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Beth wrote: "Do Heros have to be guys?"

I'm so glad you asked that question. I answer is 'yes', because in a couple of months I'm going to post the feminine version of this challenge. It will be called (oddly enough :) "I Need a Heroine".

message 18: by Melissa (last edited Sep 08, 2018 04:57PM) (new)

Melissa Jackson | 7 comments This is a 6 month challenge. 09.01.2018 - 03.01.2019

A Quick Bite - Gregory Hewitt 09.05.2018
Something Sweet - Camden 09.08.2018

Stuck-Up Suit - Graham Morgan 09.04.2018

Origin - Deamon Black 09.02.2018

message 19: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2449 comments Done on post 3
Easy; 1 per category
Read 10/10

message 20: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Selu wrote: "Lanelle wrote: "I answer is 'yes', because in a couple of months I'm going to post the feminine version of this challenge. "

This sounds amazing! Has this been posted yet?"

I just checked and its all ready to be posted.

message 21: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Selu wrote: "This sounds amazing! Has this been posted yet?"

Selu, I just posted "I Need a Heroine". I hope you like it.

message 22: by Lisa (last edited May 27, 2019 05:31PM) (new)

Lisa | 115 comments I Need a Hero – 6 Month Challenge
Duration: 1/1/2019 – 6/30/2019

Levels: Easy: 1 - 2 books for every types of hero. Moderate: 3 - 4 books for every type of hero. No page limit. Re-reads are okay.

Completed: 20 / 20 *** 5/27/19 ***

1. Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly – 1/11/18
2. Unforgettable You by Brenda Novak – 3/4/19

Alpha Hero: Oh the Alpha Hero… how we love to hate and adore him. The innate leader in any situation, all look up to him and want to be him. He is cool, confident, steady, strong, and sure. His ultimate role, I have noticed, is to take care of the heroine..

1. A Cold Creek Holiday by RaeAnne Thayne – 1/4/19
2. My Forever Home by Debbie Burns – 1/19/19

1. One More Moment by Samantha Chase – 2/2/19
2. Dangerous Passage by Lisa Harris – 5/5/19

1. Claimed: One Wife by Meredith Webber – 5/8/19
2. California Girls by Susan Mallery – 5/27/19

1. The Ex by Alafair Burke – 1/21/19
2. The Best of Us by Robyn Carr – 1/29/19

1. Leaving Lavender Tides by Colleen Coble – 2/23/19
2. If I Can't Have You by Iris Morland – 4/14/19

1. Honor & ... by Sandra Brown – 1/2/19
2. Falling by M.K. Lansbury – 1/22/19

1. Secrets at Cedar Cabin by Colleen Coble – 2/1/19
2. Code of Valor by Lynette Eason – 4/8/19

1. Fatal Exchange by Lisa Harris – 5/10/19
2. Hidden Agendaby Lisa Harris – 5/13/19

1. Midnight Flame by Lara Adrian – 1/6/19
2. Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer Armentrout – 4/14/19

message 23: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 2629 comments I found all my heroes!!
Original post: I Need a Hero (msg 15)

Medium level: - 3-4 books per hero
Books Completed: 40 of 40

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 61 comments I Need a Hero
2/1/19-7/31/19
Easy
0/20

Bad Boy Hero:

Alpha Hero:

Brooding Hero:

Rogue Hero:

Nerd Hero:

Tycoon Hero:

Protector Hero:

Daredevil Hero:

Warrior Hero:

Paranormal Hero:

message 25: by Celia (new)

Celia Buell (celiareadsbooks) | 704 comments Bad Boy Hero: The Bad Boy hero is in a league of his own. More heroines and readers have fallen for the Bad Boy than any other hero. He is the ultimate rebel: mysterious, seemingly indifferent, and hard to get. He starts behaving badly and unrepentant. His inner good is revealed however by the end of the novel due to actions of the heroine or circumstances that force the Bad Boy to become the knight in shining armor.

message 26: by Suzanne (last edited Dec 20, 2019 10:14AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1434 comments The Challenge Factory
I Need a Hero
Duration:
4/1/2019 - 9/30/2019

Progress: 40 out of 50

I was going through The Challenge Factory's archives and found a challenge that was first posted in September 2011. I thought it was an awesome challenge and that it deserved to be brought back. I did update it a bit.

For this challenge, read books for each Hero in the following list.
You set the amount of books of each type of Hero. Have fun!

This is a 6 month challenge.

1. Never Trust a Pirate by Anne Stuart - ***** - 5/8/2019 - 304 Pages
2. Lothaire by Kresley Cole - ***** - 9/17/2019 - 468 Pages
3. See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson - ***** - 12/2/2019 - 363 Pages
Never Trust a Pirate (Scandal at the House of Russell, #2) by Anne Stuart Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #11) by Kresley Cole See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2) by Rachel Gibson

1. Changing the Game by Jaci Burton - **** - 7/10/2019 - 299 Pages
2. A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole - ***** - 9/23/2019 - 360 Pages
3. One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews - ***** - 9/25/2019 - 340 Pages
4. Sea Witch by Sarah Henning - **** - 11/5/2019 - 368 Pages
5. Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh - **** - 10/21/2019 - 432 Pages
Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) by Jaci Burton A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3) by Ilona Andrews Sea Witch (Sea Witch, #1) by Sarah Henning Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10) by Nalini Singh

1. It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover - ***** - 4/9/2019 - 376 Pages
2. An Easy Death by Charlaine Harris - ***** - 6/5/2019 - 336 Pages
3. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - **** - 6/7/2019 - 419 Pages
4. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley - **** - 8/7/2019 - 320 Pages
5. Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon - ***** - 8/9/2019 - 309 Pages
It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover An Easy Death (Gunnie Rose, #1) by Charlaine Harris A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3) by Jennifer Ashley Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

1. Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed by Anna Campbell - *** - 6/18/2019 - 385 Pages
2. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley - **** - 7/18/2019 - 316 Pages
Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1) by Anna Campbell Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2) by Jennifer Ashley

1. Ain't She Sweet? by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - ***** - 5/3/2019 - 464 Pages
2. Nuts by Alice Clayton - ***** - 6/28/2019 - 308 Pages
3. Slouch Witch by Helen Harper - ***** - 9/2/2019 - 342 Pages
4. Better Homes and Hauntings by Molly Harper - ***** - 9/28/2019 - 318 Pages
5. Under the Table by Stephanie Evanovich - **** - 10/9/2019 - 336 Pages
Ain't She Sweet? by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Nuts (Hudson Valley, #1) by Alice Clayton Slouch Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic, #1) by Helen Harper Better Homes and Hauntings by Molly Harper Under the Table by Stephanie Evanovich

1. Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar - ***** - 4/22/2019 - 224 Pages
2. Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas - ***** - 6/28/2019 - 416 Pages
3. Evermore by Alyson Noel - *** - 5/15/2019 - 301 Pages
4. Branded by Laura Wright - *** - 5/16/2019 - 384 Pages
5. Beautiful Bitch by Christina Lauren - **** - 10/9/2019 - 160 Pages
Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1) by Cecily von Ziegesar Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Branded (The Cavanaugh Brothers, #1) by Laura Wright Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Beautiful Bitch (Beautiful Bastard, #1.5) by Christina Lauren

1. Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins - ***** - 4/14/2019 - 386 Pages
2. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin - **** - 10/19/2019 - 277 Pages
3. Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank - *** - 8/31/2019 - 376 Pages
4. Losing Control by Nina Croft - *** - 10/1/2019 - 250 Pages
5. The Unexpected Millionaire by Susan Mallery - **** - 6/7/2019 - 185 Pages
Fools Rush in by Kristan Higgins Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank Losing Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #1) by Nina Croft The Unexpected Millionaire (The Million Dollar Catch #2) by Susan Mallery Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

1. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder - ***** - 5/2/2019 - 361 Pages
2. Circe by Madeline Miller - ***** - 6/25/2019 - 393 Pages
3. When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare - ***** - 8/12/2019 - 376 Pages
4. The Defiant Hero by Suzanne Brockmann - ***** - 9/19/2019 - 390 Pages
5. When You Dare by Lori Foster - *** - 7/7/2019 - 448 Pages
Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Circe by Madeline Miller When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3) by Tessa Dare The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters, #2) by Suzanne Brockmann When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) by Lori Foster

1. Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole - ***** - 4/5/2019 - 515 Pages
2. The Beast by J.R. Ward - **** - 4/23/2019 - 508 Pages
3. Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout - *** - 5/21/2019 - 374 Pages
4. The Last Star by Rick Yancey - * - 5/30/2019 - 338 Pages
5. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead - *** - 5/15/2019 - 418 Pages
Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole The Beast (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #14) by J.R. Ward Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3) by Rick Yancey The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) by Richelle Mead

message 27: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 115 comments COMPLETED Post #24

message 28: by Tamie-lee (last edited Oct 03, 2021 10:42AM) (new)

Tamie-lee | 88 comments I Need a Hero
Duration: May 22 - November 21, 2021
Level: Difficult (5 books per task)
Books read: 8/50

1. Gothikana

1. Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End

1. Shield & Shade

The Protector Hero: This hero comes in many disguises and professions, most are obvious, but some not so much. You can find him playing the role of a cop, firefighter, spy, detective, bodyguard, part of the military, etc. The plot behind many Protector Hero stories involves a mystery where he almost loses the heroine while trying to save her.

1. Heart's Prisoner

1. Darkness Before Dawn (Victor Valentine)
2. Blood-Kissed Sky
3. After Daybreak
4. A Torn Paige