Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Challenge Archives > Baker's Dozen Challenge, Round 2 - Reporting Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 142 (142 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Nell (last edited Jan 24, 2017 04:35AM) (new)

Nell | 2601 comments Mod
Baker's Dozen Challenge - Round II
Duration: 3 months - Feb 1 to April 30, 2017

All books read for this challenge must be from the mystery or suspense genre.

Page limit: 150 minimum
Book can be used for only one task.

Copy the tasks list, pick a level and post your progress in this thread.

Find the challenge rules and post questions or comments here

Levels:
Piece of Cake= 2 to 4
Morning Glory Muffin = 5 to 7
Smart Cookie = 8 to 10
Pie in the Sky = 11 to 13

TASKS:

AAR[I]P - Read a mystery where the MC is mature (over 50)

Magick-al Mystery - Read a mystery with paranormal elements (ghost, witches, psychic, charmed, et al.)

Across the Pond - Read a mystery set in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland) OR if you live in Europe, read a mystery set in the United States or Canada

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - Read a book where the MC is a hair stylist, beautician, manicurist or mystery has a health, beauty or wellness theme (e.g., yoga, massage)

Murder in a Minor Key - Read a book where the MC is a minor (under 18) or the parent of minor child(ren)

Dead and Buried: Read a gardening or flower shop themed mystery

Law & Dis-Order - Read a book where the MC is in the legal profession (lawyer, judge or paralegal) OR where either MC or her/his spouse/love interest is a police officer

Crafty Killers - Read a book with a craft theme as a hobby or business

Pass the Popcorn Please - Read a mystery from a series that was adapted for television or a mystery that was made into a movie

Dead Cold - Read a mystery where characters are snowbound or that is set during winter

Murder, HE Wrote - Read a mystery by a male author or that features a male sleuth

Home Sweet Homicide - Read a mystery with a home renovation, housekeeping or interior design theme; MC is a contractor, housekeeper/organizer or interior decorator

'Til Death Do Us Part - Read a mystery where MC is a wedding or an event planner or MC provides services for a wedding (florist, caterer) OR a wedding is planned and/or happens in the book

message 2: by Nell (last edited Apr 30, 2017 05:04PM) (new)

Nell | 2601 comments Mod
Participants:
Your name is a link to your tasks list.

Amanda - Pie in the Sky
Anastasia - Pie in the Sky
Anna Catharina - Smart Cookie
Anne - Pie in the Sky
Barbara - Morning Glory
Becky
Beth - Pie in the Sky
Christine - Smart Cookie
Cyndi - Piece of Cake
Elissa - Morning Glory
Gary - Morning Glory
Helen- Smart Cookie
Hilary - Pie in the Sky
Jeannie H - Morning Glory
Jeanne - Pie in the Sky
Julesy - Smart Cookie
Karen L - Piece of Cake
Linda - Smart Cookie
Marianne - Pie in the Sky
Marisa - Pie in the Sky
Marsha - Morning Glory
Mary
Meg - Pie in the Sky
Michelle - Piece of Cake
Nancy - Morning Glory
Nell - Smart Cookie
Sharon - Smart Cookie
Troll - Morning Glory

message 3: by Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (last edited Mar 31, 2017 03:29PM) (new)

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 878 comments I'm up for this! I'll start with Morning Glory Muffin :D, changing to Smart Cookie! Oops need to increase to Pie in the Sky :D

AAR[I]P - Read a mystery where the MC is mature (over 50) - Dead with the Wind by Miranda James Dead with the Wind (Southern Ladies Mystery, #2) by Miranda James

Magick-al Mystery - Read a mystery with paranormal elements (ghost, witches, psychic, charmed, et al.) - Haunted Is Always in Fashion by Rose Pressey Haunted Is Always in Fashion by Rose Pressey

Across the Pond - Read a mystery set in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland) OR if you live in Europe, read a mystery set in the United States or Canada - We Wish You a Murderous Christmas by Vicki Delany We Wish You a Murderous Christmas (A Year-Round Christmas Mystery #2) by Vicki Delany

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - Read a book where the MC is a hair stylist, beautician, manicurist or mystery has a health, beauty or wellness theme (e.g., yoga, massage) - Garden of Death: A Natural Remedies Mystery by Chrystle Fiedler Garden of Death A Natural Remedies Mystery by Chrystle Fiedler

Murder in a Minor Key - Read a book where the MC is a minor (under 18) or the parent of minor child(ren) - Spouse on Haunted Hill (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #8) by E.J. Copperman Spouse on Haunted Hill (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #8) by E.J. Copperman (The MC has a 13 year old daughter)

Dead and Buried: Read a gardening or flower shop themed mystery - A Corpse for Yew by Joyce Lavene A Corpse for Yew (Peggy Lee Garden Mystery, #5) by Joyce Lavene

Law & Dis-Order - Read a book where the MC is in the legal profession (lawyer, judge or paralegal) OR where either MC or her/his spouse/love interest is a police officer - Midsummer Night's Mischief by Jennifer David Hesse Midsummer Night's Mischief (A Wiccan Wheel Mystery #1) by Jennifer David Hesse

Crafty Killers - Read a book with a craft theme as a hobby or business - Death By Cashmere by Sally Goldenbaum Death By Cashmere (Seaside Knitters, #1) by Sally Goldenbaum

Pass the Popcorn Please - Read a mystery from a series that was adapted for television or a mystery that was made into a movie - A High-End Finish by Kate Carlisle A High-End Finish (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #1) by Kate Carlisle

Dead Cold - Read a mystery where characters are snowbound or that is set during winter - Chef Maurice and the Wrath of Grapes by J.A. Lang Chef Maurice and the Wrath of Grapes (Chef Maurice Mysteries, #2) by J.A. Lang

Murder, HE Wrote - Read a mystery by a male author or that features a male sleuth - Written Off by E.J. Copperman Written Off (Mysterious Detective #1) by E.J. Copperman

Home Sweet Homicide - Read a mystery with a home renovation, housekeeping or interior design theme; MC is a contractor, housekeeper/organizer or interior decorator - This Old Homicide by Kate Carlisle This Old Homicide (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #2) by Kate Carlisle

'Til Death Do Us Part - Read a mystery where MC is a wedding or an event planner or MC provides services for a wedding (florist, caterer) OR a wedding is planned and/or happens in the book - Very Buried Cheesecake by Lyndsey Cole Very Buried Cheesecake (Black Cat Cafe #4) by Lyndsey Cole

13/13

message 4: by Anna Catharina (last edited Apr 10, 2017 07:56AM) (new)

Anna Catharina | 219 comments My level:
Morning Glory Muffin: 5 to 7 tasks

Upgrade:
Smart Cookie: 8 to 10 tasks

Progress: 9/8-10

TASKS:

- AAR[I]P - Read a mystery where the MC is mature (over 50)
Hilgensee by Renata Petry Hilgensee by Renate Petry (one of the MCs is over 70)

- Magick-al Mystery - Read a mystery with paranormal elements (ghost, witches, psychic, charmed, et al.)
Die Stadt der Toten (Clair DeWitt #1) by Sara Gran Claire DeWitt and the City of the Dead by Sara Gran (the MC has hallucinogenic dreams and uses I Ching)

- Across the Pond - Read a mystery set in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland) OR if you live in Europe, read a mystery set in the United States or Canada
Booked for Trouble (Lighthouse Library Mystery #2) by Eva Gates Booked for Trouble by Eva Gates (I'm from Europe, so I choose a book set in the US)

- Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - Read a book where the MC is a hair stylist, beautician, manicurist or mystery has a health, beauty or wellness theme (e.g., yoga, massage)
Mord im stillen Belfrey Kriminalroman by Michelle Kelly Downward Facing Death by Michelle Kelly (the MC is owner of a yoga cafe and gives yoga lessons)

- Murder in a Minor Key - Read a book where the MC is a minor (under 18) or the parent of minor child(ren)
Mord ist nichts für junge Damen (Ein Fall für Wells & Wong, #1) by Robin Stevens Murder Most Unladylike by Robin Stevens (the MCs are 13 years old)

- Dead and Buried: Read a gardening or flower shop themed mystery

- Law & Dis-Order - Read a book where the MC is in the legal profession (lawyer, judge or paralegal) OR where either MC or her/his spouse/love interest is a police officer
In freiem Fall (Guido Guerrieri, #2) by Gianrico Carofiglio A Walk in the Dark by Gianrico Carofiglio (the MC is a lawyer)

- Crafty Killers - Read a book with a craft theme as a hobby or business

- Pass the Popcorn Please - Read a mystery from a series that was adapted for television or a mystery that was made into a movie
Weißwurstconnection (Franz Eberhofer, #8) by Rita Falk Weißwurstconnection by Rita Falk (was adapted for the German TV)

- Dead Cold - Read a mystery where characters are snowbound or that is set during winter
Im Auftrag der Ölsardine (Winston, #4) by Frauke Scheunemann Im Auftrag der Ölsardine by Frauke Scheunemann (is set during Christmas)

- Murder, HE Wrote - Read a mystery by a male author or that features a male sleuth
Ihr Mord, Mylord Lord Merridew ermittelt by Ralf Kramp Ihr Mord, Mylord: Lord Merridew ermittelt by Ralf Kramp (the MC and the author are male)

- Home Sweet Homicide - Read a mystery with a home renovation, housekeeping or interior design theme; MC is a contractor, housekeeper/organizer or interior decorator

- 'Til Death Do Us Part - Read a mystery where MC is a wedding or an event planner or MC provides services for a wedding (florist, caterer) OR a wedding is planned and/or happens in the book

message 5: by Marisa (last edited Apr 30, 2017 12:19AM) (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 419 comments I'm in and I go directly to:

Pie in the Sky : 11 to 13

(11 / 11)

* AAR[I]P: Twelve Angry Librarians by Miranda James (21/02/2017 - ★★★★☆)

* Magick-al Mystery: Wait for Dark by Kay Hooper (12/03/2017 - ★★★★☆)

* Across the Pond: Bitter Harvest by Wendy Tyson (02/04/2017 - ★★★★☆)

* Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - Read a book where the MC is a hair stylist, beautician, manicurist or mystery has a health, beauty or wellness theme (e.g., yoga, massage)

* Murder in a Minor Key - Read a book where the MC is a minor (under 18) or the parent of minor child(ren)

* Dead and Buried: The Good, the Bad and the Witchy by Heather Blake (03/03/2017 - ★★★★☆)

* Law & Dis-Order: Echoes in Death by J. D. Robb (08/02/2017 - ★★★★☆)

* Crafty Killers: Shards of Murder by Cheryl Hollon (14/02/2017 - ★★★★)

* Pass the Popcorn Please: Death of a Blue Blood by Donald Bain (11/03/2017 - ★★★★)

* Dead Cold: Spiced and Iced by Jenny Kales (30/04/2017 - ★★★★)

* Murder, HE Wrote: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (19/02/2017 - ★★★★)

* Home Sweet Homicide: Give Up the Ghost by Juliet Blackwell (31/03/2017 - ★★★★)

* 'Til Death Do Us Part: Wedding Souffle and a Dead Valet by A. Gardner (17/02/2017 - ★★★★)

Twelve Angry Librarians (Cat in the Stacks Mystery) by Miranda James Wait for Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #17) by Kay Hooper Bitter Harvest (A Greenhouse Mystery #2) by Wendy Tyson The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery #3) by Heather Blake Echoes in Death (In Death, #44) by J.D. Robb Shards of Murder (A Webb's Glass Shop Mystery, #2) by Cheryl Hollon Death of a Blue Blood (Murder She Wrote, #42) by Jessica Fletcher Spiced and Iced (A Callie's Kitchen Mystery Book 2) by Jenny Kales The Murder of Roger Ackroyd A Hercule Poirot Mystery by Agatha Christie Give Up the Ghost (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #6) by Juliet Blackwell Wedding Soufflé and a Dead Valet (Poppy Peters #5) by A. Gardner

message 6: by Meg (last edited Mar 10, 2017 09:13PM) (new)

Meg (makeli2) | 888 comments Pie in the Sky 10- 13
Progress 13/13!

Kelsey Browning, Nancy Naigle - In For A Penny In For A Penny (Granny #1) by Kelsey Browning

Magick-al Mystery - Read a mystery with paranormal elements

Sue Ann Jaffarian - Gem of a Ghost Gem of a Ghost (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #3) by Sue Ann Jaffarian

Across the Pond - Read a mystery set in Great Britain

H. Y. Hanna - A Scone to Die for A Scone to Die for (Oxford Tearoom Mysteries #1) by H.Y. Hanna

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - Read a book where the MC is a hair stylist, beautician, manicurist or mystery has a health, beauty or wellness theme (e.g., yoga, massage)

Nancy Cohen - Hair Raiser Hair Raiser (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #2) by Nancy J. Cohen

Murder in a Minor Key - Read a book where the MC is a minor (under 18) or the parent of minor child(ren)

Cindy Sample - MC has an 8-year-old and a 16-year-old - Dying for a Dude Dying for a Dude (Laurel McKay Mysteries, #4) by Cindy Sample

Annie Adams - The Final Arrangement The Final Arrangement (Flower Shop Mystery, #1) by Annie Adams

Law & Dis-Order - Read a book where the MC is in the legal profession OR where either MC or her/his spouse/love interest is a police officer

Debra Burroughs - The Chain of Lies The Chain of Lies (Paradise Valley, #3) by Debra Burroughs (boyfriend is police detective/MC is a private investigator)

Nancy Haddock - Basket Case Basket Case (Silver Six Crafting Mystery #1) by Nancy Haddock

Pass the Popcorn Please - Read a mystery from a series that was adapted for television or a mystery that was made into a movie

Charlaine Harris - Real Murders Real Murders (Aurora Teagarden, #1) by Charlaine Harris

Dead Cold - Read a mystery where characters are snowbound or that is set during winter

Angela Pepper - Death of a Dapper Snowman Death of a Dapper Snowman (Stormy Day Mystery #1) by Angela Pepper

Murder, HE Wrote - Read a mystery by a male author or that features a male sleuth

Sherban Young - Opportunity Slips Opportunity Slips by Sherban Young (male author)

Home Sweet Homicide - Read a mystery with a home renovation, housekeeping or interior design theme; MC is a contractor, housekeeper/organizer or interior decorator

Diane Vallere - That Touch of Ink That Touch of Ink (Mad for Mod Mystery, #2) by Diane Vallere (interior designer)

'Til Death Do Us Part - Read a mystery where MC is a wedding or an event planner or MC provides services for a wedding (florist, caterer) OR a wedding is planned and/or happens in the book

Jerrilyn Farmer - Killer Wedding Killer Wedding (Madeline Bean, #3) by Jerrilyn Farmer (caterer/planner)

message 7: by Jeanne (last edited Mar 20, 2017 09:26PM) (new)

Jeanne (oldemill) | 204 comments I'm in again. I so love these challenges, so I'm going for Pie in the Sky.

Levels:
Piece of Cake= 2 to 4
Smart Cookie = 8 to 10

TASKS:

Finished Gladdy Gold and Getting Old is Murder. The MC is in her 70s so I believe that she qualifies as mature (said with tongue in cheek).
Getting Old Is Murder (Gladdy Gold, #1) by Rita Lakin

Magick-al Mystery - Read a mystery with paranormal elements (ghost, witches, psychic, charmed, et al.)

While paranormal is not my thing, I have to say that I enjoyed this book. A Spell of Trouble by Leighann Dobbs.
A Spell of Trouble (Silver Hollow #1) by Leighann Dobbs

Across the Pond - Read a mystery set in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland) OR if you live in Europe, read a mystery set in the United States or Canada.

Read Death of a Ghost, by M. C. Beaton, set in Scotland
Death of a Ghost (Hamish Macbeth, #32) by M.C. Beaton

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - Read a book where the MC is a hair stylist, beautician, manicurist or mystery has a health, beauty or wellness theme (e.g., yoga, massage).

Read Killer Hair by Ellen Byerrum. In this book, two of the victims are hair stylist/beauticians. Have to say, this is a little different, but enjoyable none the less. Really a light readl
Killer Hair (Crime of Fashion, #1) by Ellen Byerrum

Read Dreamwalker by Rhys Bowen, which is the story of a 13 year-old sent to a strange boarding school in England after her mother dies. Sort of a cross between Harry Potter and How to train your dragon.
Dreamwalker (The Red Dragon Academy, #1) by Rhys Bowen

I finished The Garden Plot by Marty Wingate where the MC is a gardener who moved from Texas to England to become a head gardener on a manor or estate. It was good enough that I look forward to the next one.
The Garden Plot (Potting Shed Mystery, #1) by Marty Wingate

Law & Dis-Order - Read a book where the MC is in the legal profession (lawyer, judge or paralegal) OR where either MC or her/his spouse/love interest is a police officer.

Read The Burning Room by Michael Connelly, where the MC (Harry Bosch) was a police officer working on cold case files. I really enjoyed the twists and turns in this one.
The Burning Room (Harry Bosch, #19; Harry Bosch Universe, #25) by Michael Connelly

Finished Twisted Threads by Lea Wait and loved it. The craft/hobby is the grandmother's needlepoint business which figures prominently in the plot.
Twisted Threads (Mainely Needlepoint, #1) by Lea Wait

Read the Banana Cream Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke as I understand that some of this series has appeared in made for TV movies on the Hallmark Channel.
Banana Cream Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #21) by Joanne Fluke

Dead Cold - Read a mystery where characters are snowbound or that is set during winter.

Read my final book for this challenge, Iced Under by Barbara Ross, set in Maine in the winter time.
Iced Under (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #5) by Barbara Ross

Completed the Monogram Murders, which is an extension of Agatha Christie's series on Hercule Poirot by Sophie Hannah, featuring a male sleuth.
The Monogram Murders by Sophie Hannah

Finished The Secret of the Painted Lady by Elizabeth Ashby where the MC is a renovation contractor who buys old Victorian houses to restore and flip.
Secret of the Painted Lady (Danger Cove, #1) by Elizabeth Ashby

'Til Death Do Us Part - Read a mystery where MC is a wedding or an event planner or MC provides services for a wedding (florist, caterer) OR a wedding is planned and/or happens in the book.

Finished Engaged in Death by Stephanie Blackmoor, where the MC is (or is actually becoming) a wedding planner. I found this one quite entertaining.
Engaged in Death (Wedding Planner Mystery #1) by Stephanie Blackmoore

message 8: by Jeannie (last edited Feb 28, 2017 12:09PM) (new)

Jeannie Hasenkamp | 47 comments I love these challenges and was not able to join the last time because I had major surgery December 1st. I will start with Morning Glory. Now I need to remember how to copy the challenge so I can report my books.
TASKS:

Smile and be a Villain Smile and be a Villain (Dorothy Martin #17) by Jeanne M. Dams

(ghost, witches, psychic, charmed, et al.)

Murder Go Round

Across the Pond - Read a mystery set in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland) OR if you live in Europe, read a mystery set in the United States or Canada

Die Laughing (Daisy Dalrymple #12) by Carola Dunn

Law & Dis-Order - Read a book where the MC is in the legal profession (lawyer, judge or paralegal) OR where either MC or her/his spouse/love interest is a police officer

Murder in Miniature (Miniature Mystery, #1) by Margaret Grace

Iced Under (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #5) by Barbara Ross

Twelve Angry Librarians (Cat in the Stacks, #8) by Miranda James

Spackled and Spooked (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #2) by Jennie Bentley

reply | flag *

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Bo (sharonlpb) | 234 comments Super! Thanks for doing this again, Nell. I'm in. This time I think I'm going for Smart Cookie because I did better than I expected last time. But I plan to look for books in each category in the next couple of weeks, so if I find enough, I'll "upgrade" sooner.
Piece of Cake= 2 to 4
Smart Cookie = 8 to 10

TASKS:

message 10: by Helen (last edited Mar 01, 2017 03:27AM) (new)

Helen (helennn) | 559 comments I'm in again. Loved the previous challenge, as it introduced books I'd never considered, and broadened my awareness of cozies.
I start a new job in a new town on 1st February, so I may be very busy, but I'll start with Morning Glory Muffin.

Duration: 3 months - Feb 1 to April 30

Levels:
Piece of Cake= 2 to 4
Smart Cookie = 8 to 10

TASKS:

Edie Claire Never Haunt a Historian (Leigh Koslow Mystery #7) by Edie Claire
Could also count for Murder in a Minor Key, as the MC's children are very involved.

As I live in Australia, both USA and U.K. Are across the pond for me, so I'm using The Housewife Assassin's Handbook (The Housewife Assassin, #1) by Josie Brown for this one.

Murder on a Midsummer Night (Phryne Fisher, #17) by Kerry Greenwood , as the Miss Fisher series is one of my favourites on TV.

Pagan Spring (Max Tudor #3) by G.M. Malliet . Not sure if the author is male or female, but the sleuth is definitely male.

message 11: by Nell (last edited Apr 22, 2017 03:47AM) (new)

Nell | 2601 comments Mod

Progress: 10

Levels:
Smart Cookie = 8 to 10

TASKS:

A Dyeing Shame by Elizabeth Spann Craig - MC is an octogenarian
A Dyeing Shame (Myrtle Clover Mystery #3) by Elizabeth Spann Craig

An Unhappy Medium by Dawn Eastman
An Unhappy Medium (A Family Fortune Mystery, #4) by Dawn Eastman

Across the Pond - Read a mystery set in Great Britain
Murder in G Major by Alexia Gordon - Ireland
Murder in G Major (Gethsemane Brown Mysteries, #1) by Alexia Gordon

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - Read a book where the MC is a hair stylist, beautician, manicurist or mystery has a health, beauty or wellness theme

Finding Sky by Susan O'Brien
Finding Sky (Nicki Valentine Mystery, #1) by Susan O'Brien

Dead and Buried : Read a gardening or flower shop themed mystery
Florist Grump by Kate Collins - Flower Shop mystery
Florist Grump (A Flower Shop Mystery #17) by Kate Collins

Every Trick in the Book by Lucy Arlington - love interest
Every Trick in the Book (Novel Idea, #2) by Lucy Arlington

Death By Cashmere by Sally Goldenbaum
Death By Cashmere (Seaside Knitters, #1) by Sally Goldenbaum

Pass the Popcorn Please - Read a mystery from a series that was adapted for television
This Old Homicide by Kate Carlisle - HMM
This Old Homicide (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #2) by Kate Carlisle

A Fright to the Death by Dawn Eastman
A Fright to the Death (A Family Fortune Mystery, #3) by Dawn Eastman

Maid of Murder by Amanda Flower
Maid of Murder (India Hayes, #1) by Amanda Flower

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Munger | 220 comments Ok I'll try Piece of Cake 2 to 4

Magic at Mystery
Law & Dis-Order
Crafty Killers
Home Sweet Homicide

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary (mw8019) | 273 comments Nell wrote: "Participants:
Your name is a link to your tasks list.

Anna Catharina
Helen
Hilary
Jeannie H
Jeanne
Marisa
Meg
Nell
Sharon"

I am interested in the challenge, Nell. please add my name to the list.

Thank you.

Mary

message 14: by Marianne (last edited Apr 30, 2017 05:16PM) (new)

Marianne | 100 comments I'm in again for this challenge, enjoyed the last one and I am going to go for Smart Cookie.

All books read for this challenge must be from the mystery or suspense genre.

Book can be used for only one task.

Copy the tasks list, pick a level and post your progress in this thread.

Find the challenge rules and post questions or comments here

Levels:
Piece of Cake= 2 to 4
Smart Cookie = 8 to 10

TASKS:

AAR[I]P - Getting Old Is to Die For (Gladdy Gold, #4) by Rita Lakin . 02/06/2017. Gladdy Gold in her 70's. Read a mystery where the MC is mature (over 50)

Magick-al Mystery- Read a mystery with paranormal elements (ghost, witches, psychic, charmed, et al.) Of Grave Concern (An Ophelia Wylde Paranormal Mystery, #1) by Max McCoy 04/07/2017.

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - Read a book where the MC is a hair stylist, beautician, manicurist or mystery has a health, beauty or wellness theme (e.g., yoga, massage). Tressed to Kill (Southern Beauty Shop, #1) by Lila Dare , 04/30/2017.

Murder in a Minor Key - Read a book where the MC is a minor (under 18) or the parent of minor child(ren) Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard . 03/19/2017

Dead and Buried: Read a gardening or flower shop themed mystery. Pushing Up Daisies (The Dirty Business Mystery Series) by Rosemary Harris . 04/02/2017.

Law & Dis-Order - Read a book where the MC is in the legal profession (lawyer, judge or paralegal) OR where either MC or her/his spouse/love interest is a police officer. K is for Killer (Kinsey Millhone, #11) by Sue Grafton . 04/01/2017.

Crafty Killers - Read a book with a craft theme as a hobby or business. Patterns in the Sand (Seaside Knitters, #2) by Sally Goldenbaum . Read 3/5/2017.

Pass the Popcorn Please - Read a mystery from a series that was adapted for television or a mystery that was made into a movie. 03/19/2017 This Old Homicide (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #2) by Kate Carlisle

Dead Cold - Read a mystery where characters, are snowbound or that is set during winter

Murder, HE Wrote - Read a mystery by a male author or that features a male sleuth. The Cat Who Played Brahms (Cat Who..., #5) by Lilian Jackson Braun , Read 03/05/2017. Male sleuth.

Home Sweet Homicide - Read a mystery with a home renovation, housekeeping or interior design theme; MC is a contractor, housekeeper/organizer or interior decorator. Crowned and Moldering (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #3) by Kate Carlisle , 04/04/2017.

'Til Death Do Us Part - Read a mystery where MC is a wedding or an event planner or MC provides services for a wedding (florist, caterer) OR a wedding is planned and/or happens in the book. The Bride Wore Size 12 (Heather Wells, #5) by Meg Cabot , 04/06/2017.

message 15: by Julesy (last edited Apr 14, 2017 04:29PM) (new)

Julesy | 384 comments Oh cool! Since it's the height of college basketball season, I'm going to start off low with Morning Glory Muffin level.

Julesy's Baker's Dozen Challenge - Round II

Level: Morning Glory Muffin - 5-7 tasks Smart Cookie - 8-10 tasks
Updated: Apr. 14
Progress: 7/5-7 10/8-10

TASKS:

Unsound (Lei Crime #5.5) by Toby Neal Unsound by Toby Neal - finished Apr. 6

Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2) by Karen MacInerney Fatal Frost by Karen MacInerney - The MC senses her grandmother's spirit around in her house - finished Feb. 11

The Sister by Louise Jensen The Sister by Louise Jensen - Set in England - finished Apr. 14

Murder Strikes a Pose (A Downward Dog Mystery #1) by Tracy Weber Murder Strikes a Pose by Tracy Weber - MC is a yoga instructor - finished Apr. 5

Unleashed (Melanie Travis Mysteries, #7) by Laurien Berenson Unleashed by Laurien Berenson - MC is a divorced mom with a 6-year-old son - finished Mar. 15

Dead and Buried - Read a gardening or flower shop themed mystery

Broken Ferns (Lei Crime, #4) by Toby Neal Broken Ferns by Toby Neal - MC is a former police detective, now a FBI special agent - finished Feb. 5

Hooked on Murder (Crochet Mystery, #1) by Betty Hechtman Hooked on Murder by Betty Hechtman - finished Mar. 21

Kingdom Come by Jane Jensen Kingdom Come by Jane Jensen - set during snowy mid-February - finished Feb. 1

Who Let the Dog Out? (Andy Carpenter, #13) by David Rosenfelt Who Let the Dog Out? by David Rosenfelt - covers both male author and male sleuth - finished Feb. 23

Skeletons in the Closet (The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag, #1) by Jennifer L. Hart Skeletons in the Closet by Jennifer L. Hart - MC owns a house cleaning service called "Laundry Hag" (lol) - finished Feb. 18

'Til Death Do Us Part- Read a mystery where MC is a wedding or an event planner or MC provides services for a wedding (florist, caterer) OR a wedding is planned and/or happens in the book

message 16: by Barbara (last edited Apr 28, 2017 05:28PM) (new)

Barbara Sousa | 442 comments Count me in for Round 2! I really enjoyed the first go-around. I'll shoot for Morning Glory Muffin to start.

Level: Morning Glory Muffin = 5 to 7

Progress: 8 of 5/7

TASKS:

Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, #1) by M.C. Beaton by M.C. Beaton (listened 4/1/17 - Agatha's age is indeterminate, but she is retired)

Double Shot (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #12) by Diane Mott Davidson by Diane Mott Davidson (Read 2/14/17 - Goldy's son, Arch, is a teenager)

Sweet Revenge (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #14) by Diane Mott Davidson by Diane Mott Davidson (read 2/21/17 - Goldy's husband, Tom, is a police officer)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) by Joanne Fluke by Joanne Fluke (read: 3/3/17 - series was made into movies starring Alison Sweeney).

The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens by Allen Eskens (listened 3/5/17 - book takes place from late September to end of December)

Home (Myron Bolitar #11) by Harlan Coben by Harlan Coben (listened 2/19/17 - author is male, as is Myron Bolitar, the main protagonist)

This Old Homicide (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #2) by Kate Carlisle by Kate Carlisle (finished 4/28/17 - MC is a contractor)

'Til Death Do Us Part - Read a mystery where MC is a wedding or an event planner or MC provides services for a wedding (florist, caterer) OR a wedding is planned and/or happens in the book.
The Look of Love (Wedding Cake Mystery, #2) by Mary Jane Clark by Mary Jane Clark (read: 2/8/17 - Piper Donovan is hired to create a specialty wedding cake for the owner of an exclusive spa in California and has to solve a murder - note: this also fits the health and wellness category)

message 17: by Linda (last edited Apr 21, 2017 05:10AM) (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 409 comments I'm in! I'll try Morning Glory Muffin to start with.

Levels:
Piece of Cake= 2 to 4
Smart Cookie = 8 to 10

TASKS:

AAR[I]P - Killer Crab Cakes finished 4/11/17

Magick-al Mystery - Dead Bolt finished 3/27/17

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - (yoga instructor) Death in a Difficult Position finished 4/20/17

Murder in a Minor Key - Swingin' in the Rain finished 2/16/17

Dead and Buried - Nightshade on Elm Street finished 2/28/17

Law & Dis-Order - Slightly Irregular finished 2/6/17

Crafty Killers - Old Maid's Puzzle finished 3/9/17

Dead Cold - False Impressions finished 4/2/17

Home Sweet Homicide - A High-End Finish finished 4/17/17

'Til Death Do Us Part - To Have and to Kill finished 2/25/17

Killer Crab Cakes (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #4) by Livia J. Washburn Dead Bolt (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #2) by Juliet Blackwell Death in a Difficult Position (Mantra for Murder, #4) by Diana Killian Swingin' in the Rain (Soap Opera Mystery, #4) by Eileen Davidson Nightshade on Elm Street (A Flower Shop Mystery, #13) by Kate Collins Slightly Irregular (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #4) by Rhonda Pollero Old Maid's Puzzle (A Quilting Mystery, #2) by Terri Thayer False Impressions (Stamping Sisters, #3) by Terri Thayer A High-End Finish (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #1) by Kate Carlisle To Have and to Kill (Wedding Cake Mystery, #1) by Mary Jane Clark

message 18: by Beth (last edited Mar 19, 2017 01:17PM) (new)

Beth Monsebroten  | 55 comments BAKER'S DOZEN CHALLENGE-ROUND II

I'm going all in for Pie in the Sky 11-13 books

Complete: 3/11-13

TASKS:

AAR[I]P - Read a mystery where the MC is mature (over 50) The Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, #1) by M.C. Beaton The Quiche of Death Enjoyed this book and will be adding it to my shelf

Across the Pond- Read a mystery set in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland) OR if you live in Europe, read a mystery set in the United States or Canada. Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #1) by Rhys Bowen Her Royal Spyness. Enjoyed this book and will add to shelf

Dead and Buried Read a gardening or flower shop themed mystery Evil in Carnations (A Flower Shop Mystery, #8) by Kate Collins Evil in Carnations

message 19: by Troll (last edited Mar 24, 2017 07:39PM) (new)

Troll Girl | 33 comments Morning Glory Muffin

TASKS:

Them Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #1) by Carolyn Haines
Completed - 2/24/17
Death in the English Countryside (Murder on Location #1) by Sara Rosett
Completed - 2/10/17

Murder of a Cranky Catnapper (A Scumble River Mystery, #19) by Denise Swanson
Completed: 3/19/17

Town in a Wild Moose Chase (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #3) by B.B. Haywood
Completed: 3/4/17

The Readaholics and the Poirot Puzzle (Book Club Mystery, #2) by Laura DiSilverio
Completed - 3/24/17

message 20: by Marsha (last edited Apr 05, 2017 10:46PM) (new)

Marsha (marsha2c) | 41 comments Nell, I'm in for round 2; think I'd better start with Morning Glory level--Marsha

Levels:
Piece of Cake= 2 to 4
Smart Cookie = 8 to 10

UPDATE: COMPLETED- 5

TASKS:

AAR[I]P - Read a mystery where the MC is mature (over 50)-- Mrs. Jeffries Plays the Cook (Mrs. Jeffries, #7) by Emily Brightwell by Emily Brightwell, 7th book in Mrs, Jeffries Victorian Mystery series,

Magick-al Mystery - Read a mystery with paranormal elements (ghost, witches, psychic, charmed, et al.) The Guests on South Battery (Tradd Street, #5) by Karen White by Karen White

Across the Pond - Read a mystery set in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland) OR if you live in Europe, read a mystery set in the United States or Canada-- Brighton Belle (Mirabelle Bevan Mystery #1) by Sara Sheridan by Sara Sheridan

Law & Dis-Order - Read a book where the MC is in the legal profession (lawyer, judge or paralegal) OR where either MC or her/his spouse/love interest is a police officer-- Murder on Bank Street (Gaslight Mystery, #10) by Victoria Thompson by Victoria Thompson of A Gaslight Mystery.

Murder, HE Wrote - Read a mystery by a male author or that features a male sleuth-- Murder at the 42nd Street Library (Raymond Ambler #1) by Con Lehane by Con Lehane

message 21: by Christine (last edited Apr 28, 2017 07:12PM) (new)

Christine | 69 comments Love this
I will go for morning glory muffin

AARP - Read a mystery where the MC is mature (over 50)

Magick-al Mystery - Read a mystery with paranormal elements (ghost, witches, psychic, charmed, et al.) Home for the Haunting (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #4) by Juliet Blackwell

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - Read a book where the MC is a hair stylist, beautician, manicurist or mystery has a health, beauty or wellness theme (e.g., yoga, massage) A Healthy Homicide (A Blossom Valley Mystery #4) by Staci McLaughlin

Dead and Buried: Read a gardening or flower shop themed mystery Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery, #7) by Kate Collins

Law & Dis-Order - Read a book where the MC is in the legal profession (lawyer, judge or paralegal) OR where either MC or her/his spouse/love interest is a police officer Dangerous Dough (Donut Shop Mystery, #18) by Jessica Beck

Crafty Killers - Read a book with a craft theme as a hobby or business Death Among the Doilies (Cora Crafts Mystery #1) by Mollie Cox Bryan

Pass the Popcorn Please - Read a mystery from a series that was adapted for television or a mystery that was made into a movie Banana Cream Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #21) by Joanne Fluke

Dead Cold - Read a mystery where characters are snowbound or that is set during winter Iced Under (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #5) by Barbara Ross

Home Sweet Homicide - Read a mystery with a home renovation, housekeeping or interior design theme; MC is a contractor, housekeeper/organizer or interior decorator Dead Bolt (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #2) by Juliet Blackwell

'Til Death Do Us Part - Read a mystery where MC is a wedding or an event planner or MC provides services for a wedding (florist, caterer) OR a wedding is planned and/or happens in the book Marriage, Monsters-in-Law, and Murder (A Mom Zone Mystery #9) by Sara Rosett

message 22: by Gary (last edited Apr 11, 2017 05:35AM) (new)

Gary Sundell | 787 comments Morning Glory Muffin
Progress 5/5-7

Levels:
Piece of Cake= 2 to 4
Smart Cookie = 8 to 10

TASKS:

Dead Case in Deadwood (Deadwood, #3) by Ann Charles Dead Case in Deadwood by Ann Charles The MC has two children, a son and daughter. Finished 4/11/17

Dressed to Kill (A Tourist Trap Mystery #4) by Lynn Cahoon Dressed to Kill by Lynn Cahoon Main character's boyfriend, Greg, is the town's police detective. Finished 2/15/2017.

Robbing Peter to Kill Paul (a Danger Cove Quilting Mystery) by Gin Jones Robbing Peter to Kill Paul by Gin Jones MC is a quilt appaiser. Finished 03/05/2017.

Quarry by Max Allan Collins Quarry by Max Allan Collins The series is the basis for the Cinemax series. Finished 02/22/2017

The Greek Coffin Mystery (Ellery Queen #4) by Ellery Queen The Greek Coffin Mystery by Ellery Queen Features two male detectives, Ellery Queen and his father Inspector Richard Queen and written by two male authors, Dannay and Lee, writing as Ellery Queen. Finished 03/02/2017

message 23: by Amanda A (last edited Apr 28, 2017 08:38PM) (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 19 comments Baker's Dozen Challenge - Round II
Level: Pie in the Sky = 11 to 13
Completed: 13/13

TASKS:

The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax (Mrs. Pollifax, #2) by Dorothy Gilman 2/13

Charms and Chocolate Chips (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #3) by Bailey Cates 2/23

Scandal in Skibbereen (County Cork, #2) by Sheila Connolly 3/20

Murder Strikes a Pose (A Downward Dog Mystery #1) by Tracy Weber 4/25

Tippy Toe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery) by Leslie Meier 4/9

Sleeping With Anemone (A Flower Shop Mystery, #9) by Kate Collins 3/12

Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12) by J.D. Robb 3/21

Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2) by Lucy Lawrence 4/7

Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher 2/27

The Goodbye Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery #4) by Heather Blake 3/26

Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1) by Melinda Leigh (male sleuth) 2/13

Secret of the Painted Lady (Danger Cove, #1) by Elizabeth Ashby 4/15

The Diva Takes the Cake (A Domestic Diva Mystery #2) by Krista Davis 4/21

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 878 comments Yay! Hit my Morning Glory Muffin target so increasing to Smart Cookie please!

message 25: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2601 comments Mod
Helen wrote: "I'm in again. Loved the previous challenge, as it introduced books I'd never considered, and broadened my awareness of cozies....
Pagan Spring (A Max Tudor Mystery, #3) by G.M. Malliet. Not sure if the author is male or female, but the sleuth is definitely male."

fyi - G.M. Malliet is a woman. The protagonists in her series are male.

message 26: by Anastasia (last edited Apr 18, 2017 02:18AM) (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaruff) | 118 comments I'm going to try this round also. I'll try Pie in the sky

TASKS:

AAR[I]P - Read a mystery where the MC is mature (over 50)Fortune Cookie Fortune Cookie (A Culinary Mystery, #11) by Josi S. Kilpack finished 15/02/2017 4 stars

Magick-al Mystery - Read a mystery with paranormal elements (ghost, witches, psychic, charmed, et al.)Southern Spirits Southern Spirits (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #1) by Angie Fox finished 27/03/2017 5 stars

Across the Pond - Read a mystery set in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland) OR if you live in Europe, read a mystery set in the United States or CanadaThe Twelve Clues of Christmas The Twelve Clues of Christmas (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #6) by Rhys Bowen finished 11/03/2017 5 stars

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - Read a book where the MC is a hair stylist, beautician, manicurist or mystery has a health, beauty or wellness theme (e.g., yoga, massage)Scent to Kill Scent to Kill (A Natural Remedies Mystery #2) by Chrystle Fiedler finished 17/02/2017 4 stars

Murder in a Minor Key - Read a book where the MC is a minor (under 18) or the parent of minor child(ren) Murder in Montparnasse Murder in Montparnasse (Phryne Fisher, #12) by Kerry Greenwood finished 11/03/2017 5 stars

Dead and Buried: Read a gardening or flower shop themed mysteryFlorist Grump Florist Grump (A Flower Shop Mystery #17) by Kate Collins finished 09/03/2007 3.5 stars

Law & Dis-Order - Read a book where the MC is in the legal profession (lawyer, judge or paralegal) OR where either MC or her/his spouse/love interest is a police officerPortrait in Death Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) by J.D. Robb finished 08/03/2017 5 stars

Crafty Killers - Read a book with a craft theme as a hobby or businessThe Cat, the Professor and the Poison The Cat, the Professor and the Poison (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #2) by Leann Sweeney finished 04/03/2017 4 stars

Pass the Popcorn Please - Read a mystery from a series that was adapted for television or a mystery that was made into a movieInferno Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4) by Dan Brown finished 04/03/2016 5 stars

Dead Cold - Read a mystery where characters are snowbound or that is set during winter Dead Hot Mama (A Loon Lake Mystery,#5) by Victoria Houston Dead Hot Mama finished 31/03/2017 5 stars

Murder, HE Wrote - Read a mystery by a male author or that features a male sleuth The Overlook (Harry Bosch, #13; Harry Bosch Universe, #15) by Michael Connelly The Overlook finished 04/03/2017 5 stars

Home Sweet Homicide - Read a mystery with a home renovation, housekeeping or interior design theme; MC is a contractor, housekeeper/organizer or interior decoratorCrowned and Moldering Crowned and Moldering (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #3) by Kate Carlisle finished 18/04/2017 5 stars

'Til Death Do Us Part - Read a mystery where MC is a wedding or an event planner or MC provides services for a wedding (florist, caterer) OR a wedding is planned and/or happens in the bookKilling Bridezilla Killing Bridezilla (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #7) by Laura Levine finished 15/02/2017 4 stars

message 27: by Anne (last edited Apr 04, 2017 08:57AM) (new)

Anne Pichette | 146 comments I am going to try to do pie in the sky:

AAR[I]P - Read a mystery where the MC is mature (over 50) The Serpent on the Crown (Amelia Peabody, #17) by Elizabeth Peters finished 2/20/17

Magick-al Mystery - Read a mystery with paranormal elements (ghost, witches, psychic, charmed, et al.) Miss Spelled (The Kitchen Witch, #1) by Morgana Best Finished 3/14/17

Across the Pond - Read a mystery set in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland) OR if you live in Europe, read a mystery set in the United States or Canada The West End Horror A Posthumous Memoir of John H. Watson, MD by Nicholas Meyer Finished 3/18/17

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - Read a book where the MC is a hair stylist, beautician, manicurist or mystery has a health, beauty or wellness theme (e.g., yoga, massage) Color Me Dead (The Teasen and Pleasen Hair Salon #4) by Constance Barker Finished 3/20/17

Murder in a Minor Key - Read a book where the MC is a minor (under 18) or the parent of minor child(ren) The Last Suppers (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #4) by Diane Mott Davidson finished 3/2/17

Dead and Buried: Read a gardening or flower shop themed mystery Death of a Garden Pest by Ann Ripley Finished 3/29/17

Law & Dis-Order - Read a book where the MC is in the legal profession (lawyer, judge or paralegal) OR where either MC or her/his spouse/love interest is a police officer Uncommon Clay (Deborah Knott Mysteries, #8) by Margaret Maron Finished 3/25/17

Crafty Killers - Read a book with a craft theme as a hobby or business A Holiday Yarn (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #4) by Sally Goldenbaum finished 3/27/17

Cinnamon Roll Murder (Hannah Swensen, #15) by Joanne Fluke finished 2/26/17

Dead Cold - Read a mystery where characters are snowbound or that is set during winter Degrees of Separation (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #12) by Sue Henry finished 3/6/17

Murder, HE Wrote - Read a mystery by a male author or that features a male sleuth Mildred Pierced (Toby Peters, #23) by Stuart M. Kaminsky finished 2/17/17

Home Sweet Homicide - Read a mystery with a home renovation, housekeeping or interior design theme; MC is a contractor, housekeeper/organizer or interior decorator Wreck the Halls (Home Repair is Homicide, #5) by Sarah Graves Finished 4/3/17

'Til Death Do Us Part - Read a mystery where MC is a wedding or an event planner or MC provides services for a wedding (florist, caterer) OR a wedding is planned and/or happens in the book That Old Black Magic (Wedding Cake Mystery, #4) by Mary Jane Clark finished 3/8/317

message 28: by Becky (last edited Mar 23, 2017 08:02AM) (new)

Becky | 131 comments PIE IN THE SKY

Across the Pond - Read a mystery set in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland or Ireland) OR if you live in Europe, read a mystery set in the United States or Canada The Cracked Spine by Paige Shelton completed 3-23
The Cracked Spine (Scottish Bookshop Mystery, #1) by Paige Shelton

Dead and Buried: Read a gardening or flower shop themed mystery Flowerbed of State by Dorothy St James completed 3-5-17
Flowerbed of State (A White House Gardener Mystery, #1) by Dorothy St. James

Pass the Popcorn Please - Read a mystery from a series that was adapted for television or a mystery that was made into a movie -Banana Cream Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke completed 3-20-17
Banana Cream Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #21) by Joanne Fluke

Dead Cold - Read a mystery where characters are snowbound or that is set during winter - A Catered Christmas by Isis Crawford completed 3-17-17
A Catered Christmas (A Mystery with Recipes, #3) by Isis Crawford

message 29: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Williams (carsinger) | 5 comments Oh this looks fun! I am in!!

message 30: by Gary (new)

Gary Sundell | 787 comments I am posting the books I will be using for my challenge. Once they have been read I will add the read date and update the totals. See message 22.

message 31: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Garbe (ngarbe) | 8 comments I am in on the Morning Glory Muffin level. This is my first challenge an I am starting with "The Amazing Mrs Pollifax" for the AARP pick.

message 32: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Garbe (ngarbe) | 8 comments My reading list: AARP- The Amazing Mrs Pollifax, Across the Pond - Wicked Autumn, Law and Dis-Order - Engaged in Danger, Crafty Killers - Twisted Threads, Home Sweet Homicide - A High-End Finnish, Murder HE Wrote - Rules of Murder

message 33: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2601 comments Mod
Linda wrote: "I'm in! I'll try Morning Glory Muffin to start with.

TASKS:

AAR[I]P - Read a mystery ..."

Is the MC in the Soap Opera mysteries a single mom? There's no mention of it in the book description.

Your Law & Dis-order choice mentions a private investigator. The MC or her love interest has to be a police officer. Does this one fit one of the other options?

message 34: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 409 comments Nell wrote: "Linda wrote: "I'm in! I'll try Morning Glory Muffin to start with.

TASKS:

AAR[I]P - Read a mystery ..."

Is the MC in the Soap Opera mysteries a single mom? There's no mention of it in the book d..."

The MC in Swingin' in the Rain is a single mother, she has a 7 year old. In Slightly Irregular the MC is a paralegal and I thought that worked as well.

message 35: by Nell (last edited Feb 19, 2017 11:26AM) (new)

Nell | 2601 comments Mod
Linda wrote: "Nell wrote: "Linda wrote: "I'm in! I'll try Morning Glory Muffin to start with.

The MC in Swingin' in the Rain is a single mother, she has a 7 year old. In Slightly Irregular the MC is a paralegal and I thought that worked as well. ..."

Yes they both work for the tasks you use. I'm not familiar with either series. Thanks for clarifying.

message 36: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2601 comments Mod
Hilary wrote: "I'm up for this! I'll start with Morning Glory Muffin :D, changing to Smart Cookie!

Magick-al Mystery - Read a mystery with paranormal el..."

Hilary - Is Enchanted a mystery?

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 878 comments Hmm it is a mystery but not a murder mystery - I can change to a different one if you think it would be better.

message 38: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 419 comments I've got a question: For "Law & Dis-Order", are J.D. Robb's books OK?

message 39: by Gary (new)

Gary Sundell | 787 comments Marisa wrote: "I've got a question: For "Law & Dis-Order", are J.D. Robb's books OK?"

Eve Dallas is a cop.

message 40: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2601 comments Mod
Gary wrote: "Marisa wrote: "I've got a question: For "Law & Dis-Order", are J.D. Robb's books OK?"

Eve Dallas is a cop."

Yes, MC is a police officer.

message 41: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 419 comments Thank you, I was more worried about including the series as mystery in the challenge, but thank you very much, one more in the list.

message 42: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 419 comments I've updated message 5 with the four books I've read till not. Not a very bad beginning ☺

message 43: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2601 comments Mod
Hilary wrote: "Hmm it is a mystery but not a murder mystery - I can change to a different one if you think it would be better."

The genres on Enchanted, Inc.'s book page don't include mystery. There doesn't have to be murder but mystery needs to be one of the genres. Please pick another book.

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 878 comments Nell wrote: "Hilary wrote: "Hmm it is a mystery but not a murder mystery - I can change to a different one if you think it would be better."

The genres on Enchanted, Inc.'s book page don't include mystery. The..."

I have taken it off and started reading Haunted Is Always in Fashion by Rose Pressey Haunted Is Always in Fashion by Rose Pressey instead :D

message 45: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2601 comments Mod
Hilary wrote: "Nell wrote: "Hilary wrote: "Hmm it is a mystery but not a murder mystery - I can change to a different one if you think it would be better."

The genres on Enchanted, Inc.'s book page don't include..."

Great! I keep discovering new series with these challenges.

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 878 comments Finished my Smart Cookie so Pie in the Sky it is!

message 47: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2601 comments Mod
Hilary wrote: "Finished my Smart Cookie so Pie in the Sky it is!"

Good job Hilary. I've updated your level.

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 878 comments Nell wrote: "Hilary wrote: "Finished my Smart Cookie so Pie in the Sky it is!"

Good job Hilary. I've updated your level."

Thank you Nell :D

message 49: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaruff) | 118 comments Finished my 4th book for this challenge Murder he wrote The Overlook (Harry Bosch, #13; Harry Bosch Universe, #17) by Michael Connelly The Overlook byMichael Connelly
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 50: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaruff) | 118 comments Finished my 5th book Pass the Popcorn please Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4) by Dan Brown Inferno
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

« previous 1 3