You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > Tri-Butes' Tributes (Reporting Thread)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lori Z (last edited Jun 29, 2016 09:32AM) (new)

Lori Z | 1818 comments Please use this thread to only report the books you've read. We'll continue chatting in our team thread.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Link for toppler rules and tasks https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
When reporting a book read, please post title, who the tribute is for and what task. Thank you!

Good Luck Tri-butes!!
Connie - 18
Emily - 1
Kristie - 1
Liz - 5
Lori Z - 6
Lynn - 4
Rebecca - 22
Rusalka - 4
Mariab - 1
Sharon - 5
Dawn - 5
Sam - 4

GRAND TOTAL - 76 BOOKS READ!!

Happy Reading!!

message 2: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1818 comments Reserved

message 3: by Ava Catherine (last edited Jun 18, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Ava Catherine | 4258 comments Finished Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley
tribute to Muhammad Ali: Parkinson's disease-read a book with a main character dealing with a life threatening condition

I enjoyed this book (and even cried although I rarely cry while reading), but I do think you have to be a person who loves animals to really get into this book.

message 4: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16861 comments I just finished Moscow But Dreaming for the Alan Rickman fantasy task. Now going to binge watch some Game of Thrones and pick up my next book a bit later.

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz   (lizvegas) | 504 comments I finished We Were Liars a novel centered on the Sinclair family, as tribute to Earl Hamner Jr.

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bd200789) I've finished The Tail of the Tip-off, and Cat's Eyewitness. Both are cozy mysteries in tribute to Pay Harrington Jr and Ken Howard.

message 7: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1818 comments Tracked to here

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) | 1656 comments Finished Fifteen Dogs as tribute to:

Alan Rickman – actor and director
Read a fantasy book.

message 9: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8271 comments Dawn, I have that on my tbr. What did you think of it?

message 10: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1818 comments Finished The Girl in the Green Sweater: A Life in Holocaust's Shadow as tribute to:
Muhammad Ali - Conscientious Objector task

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bd200789) Yesterday I read two true crime books for the Katherine Dunn task. They were Without Mercy by Gary Provost and The Only Living Witness by Stephen G. Michaud and Hugh Aynesworth.
I also completed A Whisper of Romance which I will use for the Prince romance task.

message 12: by Ava Catherine (last edited Jun 25, 2016 06:39AM) (new)

Ava Catherine | 4258 comments Finished
The Drowning Season by Alice Hoffman as tribute to Doris Roberts: read a book with a main character over 60

Mothering Sunday by Graham Swift
as tribute to Glenn Frey: The Best of My Love: Read a romance

The Doctor's Wife by Elizabeth Brundage
as tribute to Earl Hamner, Jr. : Read a book centered around a family.

Appointment with Death by Agatha Christie as tribute to Pat Harrington Jr. and Ken Howard
Read a cozy mystery.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (alynor) | 298 comments Finished these two:

Indeh: A Story of the Apache Wars for the Mohammed Ali conscientious objector task, and

Imperium for the Glenn Frey life in the fast lane adventure task.

More to come!

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bd200789) I finished Mansfield Park in tribute to Harper Lee read a classic and Montana Dreams by Jillian Hart for David Bowie read a contemporary romance.

message 15: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) | 1656 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "Dawn, I have that on my tbr. What did you think of it?"

How to put it....I didn't like it but it's an interesting idea and well written. If you happen to like stories that are written from an animals perspective and have a social commentary, you will probably enjoy it.

message 16: by Ava Catherine (new)

Ava Catherine | 4258 comments Read The Ruins of Us by Keija Parssinen as a tribute to Boutros Boutros-Ghali
Read a book that takes place in the Middle East.

message 17: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1818 comments I finished The Outsiders as a tribute to:
Pat Conroy for the book to movie task.

message 18: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8271 comments Dawn wrote: "jaxnsmom wrote: "Dawn, I have that on my tbr. What did you think of it?"

How to put it....I didn't like it but it's an interesting idea and well written. If you happen to like stories that are wri..."

I do like stories from an animals perspective, so I'll leave it on my tbr.

message 19: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) | 1656 comments I restarted The Warlord of Mars so I could claim it in tribute to:

David Bowie – singer, songwriter, actor and record producer.
Space Oddity – Read a scifi book

message 20: by Lori Z (last edited Jun 20, 2016 09:46PM) (new)

Lori Z | 1818 comments Dawn wrote: "I restarted The Warlord of Mars so I could claim it in tribute to:

Space Oddity – Read a scifi book"

Dawn, let me know when you've finished it so I can add it to our total. Thanks! :)

Tracked to here

message 21: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) | 1656 comments I should have been more clear, it is finished.

message 22: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1818 comments Great Dawn, thanks!

message 23: by Liz (new)

Liz   (lizvegas) | 504 comments I finished book #2 Women of the Silk as a tribute to David Bowie: China Girl. This book took place in China.

message 24: by Rebecca (last edited Jun 21, 2016 11:13AM) (new)

Rebecca (bd200789) I read Under the Redwood Tree for Memorial Day soldier is a main character task.

message 25: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bd200789) Today I've read Knit One, Kill Two and Needled to Death. Both are for the cozy mystery task in tribute to Pat Harrington Jr. and Ken Howard.

message 26: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1818 comments I read Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter in tribute to:
David Bowie - China Girl task

message 27: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) | 1656 comments I finished Richard II in tribute to:

Jon English – Singer-Songwriter. I agree with Rusalka that he is hands down the best Pirate King ever.
Read a play or musical script, or a book that was turned into a play or musical.

message 28: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bd200789) i finished Portrait of a Monster for true crime as tribute to Katherine Dunn.

message 29: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2596 comments Finally managed to finish a book! These past few days have been rather problematic for me to get any reading done :(

I finished Spook Squad
Alan Rickman - Read a fantasy book

message 30: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 2094 comments Finally managed to get one finished too! Don't where the time is going at the moment...

Finished Wide Sargasso Sea for Harper Lee – author of the classic novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" - Read a classic.

message 31: by Liz (new)

Liz   (lizvegas) | 504 comments Finished book #3- Never Never for Tribute to David Bowie- contemporary romance task.

message 32: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2596 comments Finished How to Wish Upon a Star
Glenn Frey – Read a romance

message 33: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bd200789) I've also finished Knot Guilty by Betty Hectman, Roll Over Play Dead and Death By the Light of the Moon. The last two are by Joan Hess. All three are cozy mysteries in tribute to Pat Harrington Jr and Ken Howard.

message 34: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (alynor) | 298 comments Finished Little Beach Street Bakery for the David Bowie contemporary romance task.

message 35: by Liz (last edited Jun 22, 2016 07:34PM) (new)

Liz   (lizvegas) | 504 comments I finished book #4 Never Never: Part Two This is for the tribute to David Bowie- contemporary romance.

message 36: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1818 comments Tracked to here.

message 37: by Ava Catherine (new)

Ava Catherine | 4258 comments Finished

Truth & Beauty: A Friendship by Ann Patchett in tribute to Zaha Hadid
Read a book by a bestselling female author.

The Time is Noon by Pearl S. Buck
in tribute to Glenn Frey: The Best of My Love: Read a romance.

Exposure by Helen Dunmore
in tribute to Muhammad Ali: Conscientious objector: Read a book that shows a character dealing with war...

The End of the Affair by Graham Greene in tribute to Glenn Frey: The Best of My Love: Read a romance.

Silas Marner by George Eliot
in tribute to Harper Lee.
Read a classic.

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
in tribute to Pat Harrington Jr. and Ken Howard. Read a cozy mystery.

message 38: by Rusalka, Moderator (last edited Jun 23, 2016 06:14AM) (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16861 comments I have finally finished Under the Frangipani. On top of the crazy week, that one was a bit of a slog. Especially for a short book.

message 39: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1818 comments Finished The Cellist of Sarajevo in tribute to: Keith Emerson for the musician as a main character task.

message 40: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bd200789) I just finished Silhouette in Scarlet by Elizabeth Peters in tribute to Zaha Hadid. Read a book by a bestselling female author.

message 41: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) | 1656 comments I finished Romeo and Juliet in tribute to:

Jon English – Singer-Songwriter. I agree with Rusalka that he is hands down the best Pirate King ever.
Read a play or musical script, or a book that was turned into a play or musical.

message 42: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) | 1656 comments I finished Thuvia, Maid of Mars in tribute to:

Space Oddity – Read a scifi book

message 43: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bd200789) I finished From Potter's Field Kay Scarpetta in tribute to Zaha Hadid-read a book by a bestselling female author.

message 44: by Liz (new)

Liz   (lizvegas) | 504 comments I finished book #5 The Passion in tribute of
Paul Daniels - read a book with magical realism as a genre on its GR page.

message 45: by Lori Z (last edited Jun 25, 2016 05:36AM) (new)

Lori Z | 1818 comments Finished Assault and Batter in tribute to: Pat Harrington Jr. and Ken Howard - read a cozy mystery

Tracked to here.

message 46: by Ava Catherine (last edited Jun 25, 2016 06:40AM) (new)

Ava Catherine | 4258 comments Finished The Nest and A Thousand Acres both in tribute to Earl Hamner Jr.
Read a book centered around a family.

message 47: by Ava Catherine (new)

Ava Catherine | 4258 comments Finished They Came to Baghdad by Agatha Christie in tribute to Boutros Boutros-Ghali.
Read a book set in the Middle East.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey in tribute to Pat Conroy.
Read a book that was made into a movie.

message 48: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bd200789) I've finished Father Found by Victoria Pade, A Colorado Match by Deb Kastner, and The Healing Place by Leigh Bale. All three are in tribute to Glen Frey-read a romance.

message 49: by Mariab (new)

Mariab | 3059 comments Finished
Legionario: El Manual (No Oficial) Del Soldado Romano
for Memorial Day to honor those who died while serving in the U.S. military: Read a book in which a soldier, currently serving or retired, is a main character.
I had many pictures and photos, but I almost used the same time to "read" this (many in Latin) as the normal pages, so I could understand what I was reading.

message 50: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 13264 comments I finished A Darker Shade of Magic for Paul Daniels - Read a book with a magician in it.

« previous 1