Terminalcoffee discussion

How are you today? The daily check-in thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 802 (802 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments I had a very relaxing day after a super hectic week. I finished one book for my class, watched some movies and painted my nails.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments I think it's called Gold Rush. It's one of the few colors I've gotten in my Birchbox that isn't hideous and/or clumpy. It has really good coverage with just one coat, and is a very light pink/gold.

I really need to go for a mani/pedi. Maybe one night this week. Do you know what's stopping me? It's too dang cold for flip flops! I'm still wearing knee socks.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I love knee socks. The more wild the pattern, the better.

message 4: by Louise (new)

Louise I've been at home yesterday and today with a bit of a spring flu. I've been reading The Fall of the Stone City and playing Hearthstone on my computer.

message 5: by CD (new)

CD  | 1438 comments Well, so far, fingers crossed, the Mid-western US tornadoes haven't approached very close to my location. The weather is dicey but not super dangerous. Yet.

I've been through enough of these to keep my eyes peeled and the weather radio on and the cell phone near at hand. At 10:30am it is dark enough that some of the streetlights have turned back on!

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments That is scary! It was really windy this morning, but not that windy.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 67 comments I've been applying to jobs (been doing that for a few months now with no luck). After doing my due diligence, I went to the library and got 3 books so now I'm off to reward myself with some reading.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I am starting to get the flu. Aargh, I haven't been sick in donkeys years. I have a an important meeting tomorrow...

message 9: by CD (new)

CD  | 1438 comments Barb wrote: "That's scary.
Where are you, CD?

I love a good thunderstorm, but tornadoes terrify me. I used to have tornado nightmares all the time ... not sure why. I've never experienced one, so it's not li..."

I'm currently a bit east of St. Louis Missouri USA.

Slightly N as well towards Springfield, Illinois USA. Weather has been gloomy but not yet terrible. Forecast is for another evening of Thunderstorms and all that they bring in this area.

We are used to tornadoes but have a very healthy respect for them. Though I've been known to get out and watch them. Some sort of fatalism I suppose. When one comes close I only want to be tucked in a shelter. They can be the loudest thing you'll ever hear. Much louder and hearing damage can occur.

Will update!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 30, 2014 05:10AM) (new)

Jennifer wrote: "I've been applying to jobs (been doing that for a few months now with no luck). After doing my due diligence, I went to the library and got 3 books so now I'm off to reward myself with some reading."

Me too Jennifer, actually I have been looking since October. I have been getting so little response it's been hard to keep going. This week I got 3 really positive responses, I have two interviews tomorrow, and am waiting to hear when the third one will be. Fingers crossed I'll be employed very soon. Each one of these are really very good opportunities. In celebration I went shopping for a new skirt for the interviews. :)

This, though this picture doesn't do it justice.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes well they keep promising they will bring me back. But due to the uncertainty of government funding for private schools at the moment, they have put a freeze on all future appointments. They have asked me to do some work for them on a voluntary basis until then. Very kind of them.

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Ugh, I'm sorry for the job searching. My sister is being laid off but they offered her the "opportunity" to be a contract worker - no benefits, less pay.

message 13: by Alias Reader (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) Gail wrote: "I think I am starting to get the flu. Aargh, I haven't been sick in donkeys years. I have a an important meeting tomorrow..."

I hope it's not the flu and you feel better real soon.

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Gail wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I've been applying to jobs (been doing that for a few months now with no luck). After doing my due diligence, I went to the library and got 3 books so now I'm off to reward myself..."

Where does Jennifer live?

message 15: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments It worked! I feel better already.

message 16: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Barb wrote: "Hey, J9!!
How are things?"

To be honest, still not that great. But I had my first therapy session today, so I finally feel like I'm making progress. I only cried a little.

message 17: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Thank you.

message 18: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Making progress is a very good thing. Proud of you for taking the steps you need to be healthy.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you happy with your therapist Janine? Getting the right one, someone you feel a connection with is critical to the process.

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited May 01, 2014 02:02PM) (new)

I woke up this morning feeling like someone spent the night sitting on my chest.

Had my two interviews yesterday. I should have postponed them until I was feeling better. Dang it. I guess it wasn't meant to be. I drugged up for the occasion, which seemed like a good idea at the time, I just had weird moments in the interviews where I couldn't extract critical bits of information from my brain. It was like wading through mush in there. I at least still have the third interview coming up.

message 21: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Who knows? Maybe they were charmed by your casual attitude.

I can't really complain about work, can I. UGH.

message 22: by Sally, la reina (new)

I ... barb...called me crazy. ::cries::

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited May 01, 2014 08:27PM) (new)

::shakes germ encrusted fist at Barb::

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I have back to back canteen duty for my kids hockey games this evening. Whahahahaha!

message 25: by Sally, la reina (new)

Enjoy that.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Your turn will come Sally.

message 27: by evie (last edited May 02, 2014 05:30AM) (new)

evie (ecie) | 4258 comments I never did canteen duty when my daughter was at school. Not once.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Evie, you are a slacker!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Saturday morning here.

message 30: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments It's Friday, Friday, Friday yeah!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Friday afternoon Carol?

I still have my head cold. It wasn't helped by being outside last night at my kids hockey matches, from 7pm to 10pm. It got quite cold in that last hour.

message 32: by Sally, la reina (new)

My haircut looks stupid. :(

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Urgh. Is it new Sally?

message 34: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Boo, Barb! That is many layers of suckiness. Hope it turned around and you're sleeping sweetly now.

message 35: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Did you find the cat?

message 36: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Gail wrote: "Are you happy with your therapist Janine? Getting the right one, someone you feel a connection with is critical to the process."

Yes, so far I like her. We're only one conversation in though.

message 37: by Seima (new)

Seima James | 1 comments Did you find your cat, you had one hard day...

message 38: by Sally, la reina (new)

EIEIEIEIEIIEIEIE! Seima! JKWJKL:WJWKLJW:KLKLW:!

message 39: by Sally, la reina (new)

What a horrible way to ask.

::shudders::

message 40: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4258 comments Barb! What a thing to happen on top of the hangover. I know it hurts because the same thing happened to me in the school playground when my daughter was younger.

If it's any consolation, my cat was once missing for a week, then arrived home grubby but not worse for the experience. Sometimes they hide for a while if they are scared.

message 41: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Oh man. :(

That was not a good day, Barbalina.

message 42: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Oh, Barb! I'm sorry for your bad luck.

message 43: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments that is so rough. Hugs and mini-hugs.

message 44: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Gah!! Oh no, mini Barb!! :(

That just sent me into spasms of sadness.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

He might still come home. Cats can be like that. Just ask Marla the tramp.

message 46: by Louise (new)

Louise Ugh - the woman from the Swedish Staples office (who is taking over our jobs and we're all being fired come August) is here today, and we have to teach her how to handle all our projects/daily routines. I'm being nice and helpful, it's not her fault, but it's a weird way to spend your morning...

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

That's a bummer of a way to spend your morning Louise. Is there any chance they will need any of you to stay on?

message 48: by Louise (new)

Louise They've been dangling the possibility, that a few of us might get to stay, for the past 4 months (but I think part of it is, that they want us to stay on and do the handover in a nice and orderly fashion) so there's a little hope - but since the new department takes over next month we'd really like to know soon.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a second interview from one of my bug infected meetings last Thursday. The one I was really hoping for.

message 50: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Louise, that must be so stressful. I'm sorry they are kind of stringing you along.

Gail! They didn't notice a thing on the first round. You'll do great the second time, too!

I thought I was going to have it out with my boss, but it kind of fizzled. I did get our one-on-one meetings reduced to one a month. Score!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17