Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

General Chit Chat > What Are You Reading? 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 24,117 (24117 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 482 483

message 1: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 17307 comments Mod
Okay my wonderful and amazing members. We have noticed that our other thread on this topic is not loading at times through notifications and we have to manually go through on our home page. I think that GR cannot handle our awesomeness and our constant chatter hehe. So, we moderators have decided to start a new folder for "what are you reading?" and we would love it all if you start discussing books in here. We will keep the other thread open for existing discussions but it will no longer be marked so it's first up the feed.

So, lets get cracking and tell us what you're reading now.

message 2: by Sylvia (last edited Jan 10, 2014 12:02PM) (new)

I'm reading Raw by Belle Aurora and like I mentioned in the other post, this book is making me shake my head, roll my eyes and laugh LOL not too sure if that's the authors intentions or she's taking the piss out of herself or she's begin serious LOL I'm only just over a quarter of a way and I'm not feeling a connection but am will trek on to see what comes of this and whether an actual story forms lol I know a lot of you are loving it and I find myself thinking WTH am I reading when there is a million other books waiting on my list haha

Rachel's Book Reviews (RachelsBookReviews) | 8 comments I'm reading Black City (Black City, #1) by Elizabeth Richards which is ok so far (I'm barely in to it)

I totally know what you mean when you say
"WTH am I reading?" when you have five billion books in waiting. hahaha.

I've been having troubles just getting in to the books lately. I had a really good one ( Erasing Time (Erasing Time, #1) by C.J. Hill ) earlier this year (it was my first completed for my #bleacherbuttbooks theme) but other than that, I've just been swimming :P hopefully Black City will get really gripping.

Danielle (Danniegurl) (Danniegurl4388) | 1373 comments Sylvia wrote: "Okay my wonderful and amazing members. We have noticed that our other thread on this topic is not loading at times through notifications and we have to manually go through on our home page. I think..."

I was wondering what happen phew what a freak out I was having lol.

message 5: by Donna (last edited Jan 10, 2014 01:25PM) (new)

Donna | 2305 comments I just finished Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James. I think I'd go crazy if I lived a life as full of drama as Ana & Christian. Altho... it'd probabaly be worth it. I may take a break before starting the next & read something else... maybe Heaven's Sinners (The MC Sinners, #2) by Bella Jewel? Or Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1) by R.K. Lilley?

Danielle (Danniegurl) (Danniegurl4388) | 1373 comments Sylvia wrote: "I'm reading Raw by Belle Aurora and like I mentioned in the other post, this book is making me shake my head, roll my eyes and laugh LOL not too sure if that's the authors intentions or she's ..."

Trust me just wait. I felt similarly, but then man yea then that changed.
So right now I'm reading Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian, #2) by Keri Arthur and then I have the sunshine books to r4r which I'm excited about. Sunshine (The Sunshine Series, #1) by Nikki Rae Sun Poisoned (The Sunshine Series, #2) by Nikki Rae they sound interesting!

message 7: by T.J. (new)

T.J. | 128 comments I'm going to be reading Outpost. :D

message 8: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 2652 comments Well I finished Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard, #3) by Christina Lauren very very late last night. It was quite good and funny, but the first will always be my favorite. Now I'm getting ready to start....wait for it Tracy..... Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning!! I know you'll be so proud;)

message 9: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 2652 comments Donna wrote: "I just finished Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James. I think I'd go crazy if I lived a life as full of drama as Ana & Christian. Altho... it'd probabaly be worth it. I may take a break before..."

Oh Heaven's Sinners (The MC Sinners, #2) by Bella Jewel for sure Donna. Love those hot bikers!

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna | 2305 comments T.J. wrote: "I'm going to be reading Outpost. :D"

I really enjoyed that series. I thought Horde ended well. Enjoy!

message 11: by Donna (new)

Donna | 2305 comments Bridget wrote: "Donna wrote: "I just finished Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James. I think I'd go crazy if I lived a life as full of drama as Ana & Christian. Altho... it'd probabaly be worth it. I may take ..."

;)

message 12: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 504 comments I am going to start Before We Fall (Beautifully Broken, #3) by Courtney Cole :-)

message 13: by Sylvia (new)

Danielle wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Okay my wonderful and amazing members. We have noticed that our other thread on this topic is not loading at times through notifications and we have to manually go through on our ho..."

Good Hun we were meant to send a blast out but I haven't had a chance yet

message 14: by Sylvia (new)

Donna wrote: "I just finished Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James. I think I'd go crazy if I lived a life as full of drama as Ana & Christian. Altho... it'd probabaly be worth it. I may take a break before..."

Yeah lol too much drama and stress for my liking though some things I wouldn't mind ;)

message 15: by Sylvia (new)

Danielle wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "I'm reading Raw by Belle Aurora and like I mentioned in the other post, this book is making me shake my head, roll my eyes and laugh LOL not too sure if that's the authors inte..."

Okay I'll keep reading and hopefully I won't be disappointed

message 16: by Sylvia (new)

Bridget wrote: "Well I finished Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard, #3) by Christina Lauren very very late last night. It was quite good and funny, but the first will always be my favorite. Now I'm getting ready to start....wait for it..."

I want to read that also

message 17: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 399 comments I just started Wrecked (Wrecked, #1) by Priscilla West and so far it is pretty good. In the Amazon reviews it was compared to Beautiful Disaster which I don't really see, other than Hunter is a tattooed, womanizer, cage fighter, but so far Hunter seems much less brooding and temperamental. He has been nice so far, but he is hiding something and I did just start.. so we shall see.

Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ | 2366 comments Bridget wrote: "Well I finished Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard, #3) by Christina Lauren very very late last night. It was quite good and funny, but the first will always be my favorite."

How does it compare to Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard, #2) by Christina Lauren?

Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru | 998 comments I was wondering what was causing the old thread to make GR crash on me. Y'all just had too many pages.

I just finished Sex & Sourdough by A.J. Thomas and I enjoyed it. Not quite as much as I had wanted to, but it wasn't bad.

Gonna try to get back into reading more than just M/M books now. I have so much to catch up on. Starting Bitter Spirits (Roaring Twenties, #1) by Jenn Bennett

message 20: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments I'm reading Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris and Rouge (Rouge, #1) by Isabella Modra at the moment :)

message 21: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1683 comments Sylvia, I did buy Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1) by Jus Accardo this morning :)
I had a sample of it, but just decided to purchase after your review.

message 22: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 11216 comments Bridget wrote: "Well I finished Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard, #3) by Christina Lauren very very late last night. It was quite good and funny, but the first will always be my favorite. Now I'm getting ready to start....wait for it..."

YAY!! Oh Bridget get ready for the Jericho Barrons hot train :)

message 23: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 11216 comments David wrote: "I'm reading Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris and Rouge (Rouge, #1) by Isabella Modra at the moment :)"

Oh David! So great to hear from you :)

message 24: by Mel (new)

Mel | 431 comments Finished Reboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera it was a quick and relatively light weight dystopian and now I'm starting Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between, #1) by April Genevieve Tucholke

message 25: by Laura (new)

Laura Basaldua (LLBasaldua) | 1476 comments Whew I was lost then I noticed there was a new thread started lol.

@Brooke No I havent read Infinite (Newsoul, #3) by Jodi Meadows I wish! Im patiently (NOT) waiting lol

So I took a break from YA and started Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding, #1) by K.A. Linde so far its alright.

message 26: by Nicole D. (last edited Jan 10, 2014 06:57PM) (new)

Nicole D. (TheReadingRebel) | 1406 comments I am reading Snakeroot (Nightshade Legacy, #1) by Andrea Cremerfinally.Love Andrea Cremer's writing.I really want her to write another book to go along with Rift and Rise.

Rachel's Book Reviews (RachelsBookReviews) | 8 comments Sylvia wrote: "Bridget wrote: "Well I finished Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard, #3) by Christina Lauren very very late last night. It was quite good and funny, but the first will always be my favorite. Now I'm getting ready to star..."

I also started reading Ruined (The Eternal Balance, Book One) by Jus Accardo based on your review :)

message 28: by Sylvia (new)

Sara wrote: "Sylvia, I did buy Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1) by Jus Accardo this morning :)
I had a sample of it, but just decided to purchase after your review."

fingers crossed you won't be disappointed *hides behind the table in anticipation* lol

message 29: by Sylvia (new)

Rachel's Book Reviews wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Bridget wrote: "Well I finished Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard, #3) by Christina Lauren very very late last night. It was quite good and funny, but the first will always be my favorite. Now I'm getti..."

Awesome! I look forward to your thoughts and whether you enjoy it :)

message 30: by Sylvia (new)

Victoria wrote: "I just started Wrecked (Wrecked, #1) by Priscilla West and so far it is pretty good. In the Amazon reviews it was compared to Beautiful Disaster which I don't really see, other than Hunter is a tattooed, woma..."

Ooh, that sounds interesting…better add it to my bloody long TBR lol

message 31: by Sylvia (new)

David wrote: "I'm reading Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris and Rouge (Rouge, #1) by Isabella Modra at the moment :)"

I've had Unraveling on my list forever…what do you think of it so far?

message 32: by Sylvia (new)

Laura wrote: "Whew I was lost then I noticed there was a new thread started lol.

@Brooke No I havent read Infinite (Newsoul, #3) by Jodi Meadows I wish! Im patiently (NOT) waiting lol

So I took a break from YA and star..."

LOL glad you found the thread

message 33: by Sylvia (new)

Nicole D. wrote: "I am readingSnakeroot (Nightshade Legacy, #1) by Andrea Cremerfinally.Love Andrea Cremer's writing.I really want her to write another book to go along with Rift and Rise."

I love her writing but after Bloodrose, she killed me so I'm not sure if I'm game enough to read anything else of hers atm

message 34: by Sylvia (new)

Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin wrote: "I was wondering what was causing the old thread to make GR crash on me. Y'all just had too many pages.

I just finished Sex & Sourdough by A.J. Thomas and I enjoyed it. Not quite as much as I..."

LOL hope you have no problems now loading the page

message 35: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 11216 comments Mel wrote: "FinishedReboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera it was a quick and relatively light weight dystopian and now I'm startingBetween the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between, #1) by April Genevieve Tucholke"

Mel did you end up liking Reboot?

message 36: by Mel (new)

Mel | 431 comments Belkis wrote: "Mel wrote: "FinishedReboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera it was a quick and relatively light weight dystopian and now I'm startingBetween the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between, #1) by April Genevieve Tucholke"

Mel did you e..."

I did. It wasn't overwhelmingly awesome but enjoyable still.

message 37: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 11216 comments Mel wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Mel wrote: "FinishedReboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera it was a quick and relatively light weight dystopian and now I'm startingBetween the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between, #1) by April Genevieve Tucholke"..."

Thanks Mel :)

message 38: by Mel (new)

Mel | 431 comments Belkis wrote: "Mel wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Mel wrote: "FinishedReboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera it was a quick and relatively light weight dystopian and now I'm starting[bookcover:Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Se..."

You're welcome:)

message 39: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Belkis wrote: "David wrote: "I'm reading Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris and Rouge (Rouge, #1) by Isabella Modra at the moment :)"

Oh David! So great to hear from you :)"

Aw thank youu!! I was one of the people who never seemed to get notifications for this thread, so I'm glad there's a new one that I can hopefully follow again :)

message 40: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Sylvia wrote: "David wrote: "I'm reading Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris and Rouge (Rouge, #1) by Isabella Modra at the moment :)"

I've had Unraveling on my list forever…what do you think of it so far?"

The MC is really likeable and funny right away, and the plot was really surprising! I'd say give it a shot!!

message 41: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (TheReadingRebel) | 1406 comments Sylvia wrote: "Nicole D. wrote: "I am readingSnakeroot (Nightshade Legacy, #1) by Andrea Cremerfinally.Love Andrea Cremer's writing.I really want her to write another book to go along with Rift and Rise."

I love her writing but aft..."

Am I the only one that loved Bloodrose?

Rift and Rise are my 2 favorite books of hers.I never really swooned over Shay or Ren(But I did like Shay better,that too I seem to be alone in)Barrow on the other hand.I LOVE Barrow.One of my favorite book boys.

message 42: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 11536 comments Mod
Bridget wrote: "Well I finished Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard, #3) by Christina Lauren very very late last night. It was quite good and funny, but the first will always be my favorite. Now I'm getting ready to start....wait for it..."

I am very proud Bridget. I'm crying tears of joy. You will love it but the second one is better than the first.

message 43: by Tracy (new)

David wrote: "I'm reading Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris and Rouge (Rouge, #1) by Isabella Modra at the moment :)"

I want to read Unraveling as well David. My sister loved it.

message 44: by Sylvia (new)

David wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "David wrote: "I'm reading Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris and Rouge (Rouge, #1) by Isabella Modra at the moment :)"

I've had Unraveling on my list forever…what do you think of it so far?"

..."

Just what I like to hear :) thanks David I'll give it a go

message 45: by Sylvia (new)

Nicole D. wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Nicole D. wrote: "I am readingSnakeroot (Nightshade Legacy, #1) by Andrea Cremerfinally.Love Andrea Cremer's writing.I really want her to write another book to go along with Rift and Rise."

I love her..."

Hmmm food for thought. I might need to meet this Barrow as you have me intrigued and I'm definitely a Ren girl lol

message 46: by Sylvia (new)

Tracy wrote: "David wrote: "I'm reading Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris and Rouge (Rouge, #1) by Isabella Modra at the moment :)"

I want to read Unraveling as well David. My sister loved it."

Maybe we should buddy read it. What you think?

message 47: by Tracy (new)

Sylvia wrote: "Tracy wrote: "David wrote: "I'm reading Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris and Rouge (Rouge, #1) by Isabella Modra at the moment :)"

I want to read Unraveling as well David. My sister loved it."

Maybe we sho..."

Yep, cool with me. Need to check library. I will be right back.

message 48: by Tracy (new)

The library has it Sylvi so I'm good if you are. Is David reading it now? Or has he already read it?

message 49: by Sylvia (new)

Tracy wrote: "The library has it Sylvi so I'm good if you are. Is David reading it now? Or has he already read it?"

I think he is reading it now ... I'll start a buddy read post for this tomorrow as I'm going to sleep so if you want to start then that will be awesome :) love buddy reading with you

message 50: by Tracy (new)

OK cool Sylvi. I just woke up and you are going to bed, that always trips me out. We will start tomorrow then. I like to buddy read with you to. Always better with a buddy.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 482 483