Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Monthly Reading Challenges > 2013 December Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

Pamela (teacupfangirl) | 614 comments Mod
Here's December's reading challenge, courtesy of Rhonda. Thanks for the great suggestion! It'll be post-Thanksgiving, but we're still thankful for great books.

Give Thanks

"Gratitude is the sign of noble souls." - Aesop
Read 2 books with "Thanks" or "Gratitude" in the title or a Thanksgiving theme.

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of another." - Charles Dickens
Read 2 books with teamwork is used to accomplish a common goal. (i.e. Kat & Bones, any of the BDB, etc)

"We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." - Albert Schweitzer
Read 2 books where one main character helps the other main character remember who they are or used to be. [i.e. Grace and Julian, Amanda & Kyrian, (Dark-Hunters series) etc]

"When you read a piece of writing that you admire, send a note of thanks to the author." - Sherman Alexie
Read 2 books you'd write a letter of thanks to the author for writing.

"I am a big defender of 'Harry Potter,' and I think any book that gets kids to read are books that we should cherish, we should be thankful for them." - Judy Blume
Read 2 YA Paranormal Romance novels.

message 2: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments we can also think of them as gifts that keep keep giving.

I'll play

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
I'll play too

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (phonebooklady) I'm in!!

0/6

I don't think I'll be able to do all of them. I can't read a kids book...on purpose. I also don't have any books with thanks or gratitude in the title. First time all year I won't finish a challenge. :(

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of another." - Charles Dickens
Read 2 books with teamwork is used to accomplish a common goal. (i.e. Kat & Bones, any of the BDB, etc)

"We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." - Albert Schweitzer
Read 2 books where one main character helps the other main character remember who they are or used to be. [i.e. Grace and Julian, Amanda & Kyrian, (Dark-Hunters series) etc]

"When you read a piece of writing that you admire, send a note of thanks to the author." - Sherman Alexie

message 5: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments Dee --

have you read Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers ? I am not a huge YA fan myself but I was really surprised by this one. It didn't feel YA and I had to remind myself that it was. I can't think of another one and its too soon for a re-read so i'm right there with you.

i'm certain I won't get all 6 either

message 6: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 66 comments When you say YA paranormal romance, does it have to be the center of the story or it can just be part of the story? If so, I would suggest Zoo (The Enclosure Chronicles, #1) by Tara Elizabeth

It's a YA that doesn't feel like one and has a very nice love story in it.

message 7: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments GG your story has time travel which is counted as paranormal so why not?

message 8: by G.G. (last edited Nov 23, 2013 06:07PM) (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 66 comments I was trying to help Dee and you find a YA that she could enjoy for her challenge.
Why I was asking is because the challenge says paranormal ROMANCE, and although Zoo (by Tara Elizabeth) has a beautiful love story in it, it's not the core of the book.

Sadly, I might not be able to participate in this challenge as I am in the middle of editing my own book, and I'm already backed up for reading (and review) books. I still have a week or so to change my mind though. Who knows. :P

I hope that 2014 will give me the chance to at least participate in one of these challenge. They seem so much fun.

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee (phonebooklady) Thanks everyone for all your help!!

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 192 comments I'll give this one a shot. November is proving to be a bit of a bust...

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 161 comments Not sure I will participate this month. If I do, it will be the one month out of the year I probably don't finish.
I *was* counting on our traditional TBR Clean-up Challenge for the month of Dec.

message 12: by Irene (last edited Nov 29, 2013 02:51PM) (new)

Irene (irenemikhaylova) | 478 comments Hmmm, I'll give it a try, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find all books ★

message 13: by Grace (last edited Nov 29, 2013 02:26PM) (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 99 comments Rachel- Goodbye Borders wrote: "Not sure I will participate this month. If I do, it will be the one month out of the year I probably don't finish.
I *was* counting on our traditional TBR Clean-up Challenge for the month of Dec."

Me too or a Christmas or winter theme. I am not sure I can do this one, the Thanksgiving theme and the letter of thanks don't fit with my book lists.

message 14: by Belkis (last edited Nov 29, 2013 05:21PM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Hmmm... I thought we were going to be having the usual December TBR cleanup challenge?? This one might be difficult to accommodate a book with "Thanks" or "Gratitude" in the title :(
I really love participating in our monthly challenges but I think it's going to be hard finding books that'll fit all of these....

message 15: by ☀Rachael☀ (last edited Dec 12, 2013 08:27AM) (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) Give Thanks

1. Charmfall ---- Chloe Neill
2. Frostbite ---- Richelle Mead

3. Shadow Kiss ---- Richelle Mead
4. Kiss of death ---- Rachel Caine

5. Ghost Town ---- Rachel Caine
6. Fade out ---- Rachel Caine
7. Mercy blade ---- Faith Hunter

"I am a big defender of 'Harry Potter,' and I think any book that gets kids to read are books that we should cherish, we should be thankful for them." - Judy Blume
8. Blood Promise ---- Richelle Mead
9. Firespell ---- Chloe Neill
10. Hexbound ---- Chloe Neill

10/10
Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3) by Faith Hunter Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8) by Rachel Caine Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7) by Rachel Caine Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead Hexbound (Dark Elite, #2) by Chloe Neill Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Charmfall (Dark Elite, #3) by Chloe Neill Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9) by Rachel Caine

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 161 comments Belkis wrote: "Hmmm... I thought we were going to be having the usual December TBR cleanup challenge?? This one might be difficult to accommodate a book with "Thanks" or "Gratitude" in the title :(
I really love..."

Ditto

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 192 comments Like you ladies, I'm having trouble finding "gratitude" books. December is so crazy with all the holidays I would love a challenge as easy as the TBR challenge.

Maybe we could ask Ann (isn't she in charge of the challenges now?) if there could be a compromise and group members could do either the Thanksgiving Challenge or the TBR challenge? Though it might mess up the "rankings" a little bit since the TBR challenge would be so much easier than the Thanksgiving challenge

Sorry! I hope I'm not over-stepping my boundaries with this suggestion

message 18: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments I have looked and looked and can not find any books with Thanks or Gratitude in the title. We can't make criteria in challenges so exact and/or difficult that we have such a hard time finding books to fulfill them. Can this challenge either be updated to give us another option for #1. We don't want to come off as difficult, but I think it's pretty certain that we're all struggling with point #1 in this challenge. Can we at least revamp that point??

message 19: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Rachel wrote: "Like you ladies, I'm having trouble finding "gratitude" books. December is so crazy with all the holidays I would love a challenge as easy as the TBR challenge.

Maybe we could ask Ann (isn't sh..."

Maybe this challenge could be saved for next November instead? And we could do our usual tried and true December TBR Cleanup challenge??

message 20: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

Pamela (teacupfangirl) | 614 comments Mod
Okay, since the "thanks" title part is proving problematic, let's do this one AND the TBR challenge. For now, post your TBR challenge list to this topic, and if things prove too confusing, we can clean up the topic.

message 21: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Pamela wrote: "Okay, since the "thanks" title part is proving problematic, let's do this one AND the TBR challenge. For now, post your TBR challenge list to this topic, and if things prove too confusing, we can ..."

Yay! Thank you so much Pamela :)

message 22: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Nov 30, 2013 12:31PM) (new)

I am going to agree with Pamela--if you want to do the TBR challenge part, list your books for that. If you are able to find books that meet the "Thanks" challenge, go with that. Or, if you could find one or two of the thanks, I'm going to go with it's OK to mix and match them.

And, the rules are that you can use up to THREE non-PNR or non-UF (adult, NA, YA) in the challenge. I'm saying this because the only book I can think of that has Thanks in part of the title is Thanksgiving. I know that there are others, but that's the only one that I personally own. I think that there's a couple in sci-fi and a bunch of literary fiction with "Thank" or "Thanks" as part of the title, but, as pointed out, that's not really what our "thing" is in this group.

So, everyone read the TBR or the Thanks and don't sweat it. This is the DECEMBER challenge, and we all know how quickly real life gets in the way of reading in this month.

message 23: by Rachel (last edited Dec 29, 2013 08:47PM) (new)

Rachel | 192 comments Thanks Pamela and Ann! I think this compromise is a great solution.

TBR Clean-Up Challenge

5/10

1. Opal 12/10/13
2. Origin 12/21/13
3. Spark
4. UnSouled 12/4/13
5. The Crimson Crown 12/28/13
6. Magic Bites 12/5/13
7. Night Walker
8. Shadows
9. Bound to Me
10. Here Be Sexist Vampires

Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Spark (Elemental, #2) by Brigid Kemmerer UnSouled (Unwind, #3) by Neal Shusterman The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4) by Cinda Williams Chima Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Night Walker (Night, #1) by Lisa Kessler Shadows (Ashes Trilogy, #2) by Ilsa J. Bick Bound to Me by Jeannette Medina Here Be Sexist Vampires (Deep In Your Veins, #1) by Suzanne Wright

Alternates

1. The Ghost and the Graveyard
2. The Dream Thieves
3. Daughter of Smoke & Bone
4. Kindred
5. The Host

The Ghost and the Graveyard (Knight Games, #1) by Genevieve Jack The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Kindred (Kindred, #1) by Nicola Claire The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

message 24: by Patty (last edited Dec 30, 2013 08:27PM) (new)

Patty (catnaping) I'm in going to do a little of both
0/10

1 Thankless in Death J.D Robb
2 Possession J.R Ward
3 To Dance with the Devil Cat Adams
4 Bitter Kingdom Rae Carson
5 Revealed P.C Cast
6 Zombie Fallout 6 Mark Tufo
7 Reaver Larissa Ione
8 Autumn Bones Jacqueline Carey
9 Daylighters Rachel Caine
10 If I Stay Gale Forman

Thankless in Death (In Death, #37) by J.D. Robb Possession (Fallen Angels, #5) by J.R. Ward To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6) by Cat Adams The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3) by Rae Carson Revealed (House of Night, #11) by P.C. Cast Zombie Fallout 6 'Till Death Do Us Part (Zombie Fallout, #6) by Mark Tufo Reaver (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10) by Larissa Ione Autumn Bones (Agent of Hel, #2) by Jacqueline Carey Daylighters (Morganville Vampires, # 15) by Rachel Caine If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman

Alt
1 Omens Kelley Armstrong
2 Black Heart Christina Henry
3 Allegiant Veronica Roth
4 Prodigy Marie Lu
5 Champion Marie Lu

Black Heart (Black Wings, #6) by Christina Henry Omens (Cainsville, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu

message 25: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Here's the TBR Clean-Up challenge for the members that need to know the parameters of it :)

It's time for our traditional popular TBR Clean-Up Challenge.

Hopefully this challenge will make a dent on our crazy TBR pile, just before a new year starts.

DURATION: Dec. 1, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2013

Here are the rules:

1. Pick 10 books from your current physical TBR pile (preferably books that have been there for quite some time). Also pick 5 more books as 'alternate' reads just in case.

Unlike previous challenges, once you put up this list, you CANNOT CHANGE it. However, you can drop down to an alternate book, if you really cannot finish a book that you have selected in your original list. Fair enough?

Also, if you are expecting some library books that you need to read in the month, be sure to include them in your alternate list, so they will count.

Now, for those who don't have enough books (15 in total) in their current TBR pile, to complete your list (both original and alternate) go to your GR to-be-read shelf, and pick how many more you still need from the first 5 pages of that shelf.

Have fun going through your shelves!

message 27: by Rhonda (last edited Dec 03, 2013 07:57PM) (new)

Rhonda Give Thanks

1/15

1. Wonder (Part 1 - Thanksgiving) A Soul Savers Collection of Short Stories by Kristie Cook
2. Thankless in Death by J.D. Robb
Alternate: A Reason to Give Thanks by Evelyn Davis

3. Upon the Midnight Clear by Sherrilyn Kenyon
4. Dream Chaser by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Alternate: Dream Warrior by Sherrilyn Kenyon

5. The Dream Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon
6. Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Alternate: Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon

7. Dark Witch by Nora Roberts
8. Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Alternative: Covet by J.R. Ward

9. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
10. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
Alternative: Revealed by P.C. & Kristin Cast

TO READ
Wonder (Part 1 - Thanksgiving) A Soul Savers Collection of Short Stories by Kristie Cook Thankless in Death (In Death, #37) by J.D. Robb Upon the Midnight Clear (Dream-Hunter, #3; Dark-Hunter, #12) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Dream Hunter (Dream-Hunter, #2; Dark-Hunter, #10) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #14) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) by Richelle Mead
Alternatives:
Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter, #16, Dream-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #17; Were-Hunter, #4; Hellchaser, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Covet (Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward Revealed (House of Night, #11) by P.C. Cast

READ
Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts

message 28: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments TBR Clean-Up challenge

0/10 Read

1. The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon
2. These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman
3. On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews
4. Fury (New Species, #1) by Laurann Dohner
5. Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1) by Lora Leigh
6. Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead
7. Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter
8. Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost
9. The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
10. The Goblin King (The Kings, #4) by Heather Killough-Walden

Alternatives:

1. This Man (This Man, #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas
2. Until the Sun Falls from the Sky (The Three, #1) by Kristen Ashley
3. Unteachable by Leah Raeder
4. Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews
5. One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost

message 29: by Tina (last edited Dec 04, 2013 09:57PM) (new)

Tina Pegar (rainingdaisy) | 149 comments Great work on compromising this month. I am going to try and get 6 out of 10 of the Thanks challenge, the alternates are from my TBR.

Finished 2/10

Thanks Challenge

1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth Completed 12/1

2. Hell Bent by Devon Monk Completed 12/4

3. Shards and Ashes

4. Caged in Bone by SM Reine

5. Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa

6. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

TBR Clean Up Challenge
7. One Good Knight by Mercedes Lackey

8. Iced by Karen Marie Moning

9. Graveminder by Melissa Marr

10. Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Alt. Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead

Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth Hell Bent (Broken Magic, #1) by Devon Monk Shards and Ashes by Melissa Marr The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey Call of the Forgotten, #2) by Julie Kagawa Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver One Good Knight (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #2) by Mercedes Lackey Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1; Fever, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Graveminder by Melissa Marr Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) by Richelle Mead

message 31: by Suzanne (last edited Dec 30, 2013 01:40PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 61 comments Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy
2013 December Reading Challenge
Duration:
12/1/2013 - 12/31/2013

Progress: 9 out of 9

1. Fever by Maya Banks - **** - 12/9/2013

Fever (Breathless, #2) by Maya Banks

3. Bone Magic by Yasmine Galenorn - *** - 12/2/2013
4. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - **** - 12/17/2013

Bone Magic (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon, #7) by Yasmine Galenorn Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke

5. How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks - ***** - 12/5/2013
6. C is for Corpse by Sue Grafton - **** - 12/10/2013

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks C is for Corpse (Kinsey Millhone, #3) by Sue Grafton

7. Futures and Frosting by Tara Sivec - ***** - 12/4/2013
8. Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt - ***** - 12/11/2013

Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers, #2) by Tara Sivec Freakonomics A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything (Freakonomics, #1) by Steven D. Levitt

9. Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale by Carolyn Turgeon - *** - 12/18/2013
10. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter - ** - 12/22/2013

Mermaid A Twist on the Classic Tale by Carolyn Turgeon Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter

message 32: by Irene (last edited Dec 01, 2013 11:21AM) (new)

Irene (irenemikhaylova) | 478 comments TBR Clean-Up challenge
December 2013
0/10

1. To Bed a Beauty by Nicole Jordan 15/10/2011
2. The Courtship by Catherine Coulter 06/08/2012
3. Then Came You by Lisa Kleypas 30/09/2011
4. Legend by Marie Lu 07/12/2011
5. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick 03/01/2012
6. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost 12/01/2012
7. Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews 06/08/2012
8. Web of Lies by Jennifer Estep 06/08/2012
9. Born of Shadows by Sherrilyn Kenyon 08/08/2012
10. A Hunger So Wild by Sylvia Day 31/10/2012

To Bed a Beauty (Courtship Wars #2) by Nicole Jordan The Courtship (Brides #5) by Catherine Coulter Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3) by Ilona Andrews Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2) by Jennifer Estep Born of Shadows (The League, Gen 1 #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon A Hunger So Wild (Renegade Angels, #2) by Sylvia Day

Alternatives
1. Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews 14/11/2012
2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead 14/11/2012
3. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones 14/11/2012
4. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris 14/11/2012
5. Skinwalker by Faith Hunter 14/11/2012

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson #1) by Darynda Jones Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter

message 33: by Vannessa (last edited Dec 31, 2013 09:34AM) (new)

Vannessa | 18 comments
DURATION: Dec. 1, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2013

My TBR pile is just so long and filled with series I'm halfway through and so many new ones that I never seem to get round to reading them within the other challenges I do. Hopefully this will clear a few off the pile!

1. Tempt the Stars FINISHED December 15th!!!
2. The Brazen Amazon FINISHED December 17th
3. Second Grave on the Left FINISHED December 19th
4. Darkness HuntsFINISHED December 24th
5. Pray for Dawn FINISHED December 26th
6. Wrong Ways Down FINISHED December 27th
7. Heart of Venom FINISHED December 29th
8. Quick Bites: A Short Story Collection FINISHED December 30th
9. Along Came a Spider FINISHED December 30th
10. Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) by Charlaine Harris

Alternates:
1. Kissed by Fire (Sunwalker Saga, #2) by Shéa MacLeod
2. Shadow's Fall (Shadow World, #3) by Dianne Sylvan
3. Undead and Unappreciated (Undead, #3) by MaryJanice Davidson
4. Vampire Dawn (Vampire for Hire, #5) by J.R. Rain
5. No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7) by Kelley Armstrong

READ 8/10
Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6) by Karen Chance The Brazen Amazon (Alliance of the Amazons, #3) by Sandy James Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) by Darynda Jones Darkness Hunts (Dark Angels, #4) by Keri Arthur Pray for Dawn (Dark Days, #4) by Jocelynn Drake Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5) by Stacia Kane Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9) by Jennifer Estep Quick Bites A Short Story Collection (Jaz Parks, #4.6) by Jennifer Rardin Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3) by Kate SeRine

message 34: by Grace (last edited Dec 27, 2013 04:41PM) (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 99 comments Thank you so much for allowing the TBR challenge too. I will do a little of the other list and do the 2 YA titles.

DONE 10/10

1) Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast 1st December 2013

2) Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore 3rd December 2013

3) Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6) by Karen Chance 7th December 2013

4) Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #22) by Sherrilyn Kenyon 26th December 2013

5) Bloodshot (Cheshire Red Reports, #1) by Cherie Priest 10th December 2013

6) Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher 12th December 2013

7) Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #1) by Diana Rowland 6th December 2013

8) Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep 16th December 2013

9) Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon 20th December 2013

10) To Kill A Warlock (Dulcie O'Neil, #1) by H.P. Mallory 8th December 2013

message 35: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 23 comments I was having some trouble with the Thanks challenge as well, so I'm going to do TBR, but with some YA and teamwork choices thrown in. :)

1.Magic Bleeds
2.Fate's Edge
3.Steel's Edge
4.Beautiful Creatures
5.Tempt Me with Darkness
6.Dark Awakening
7.Awaken Me Darkly
8.Obsidian
9.Twice Tempted
10.Night Forbidden

Alternates:
1.Blood Lines
2.Marked
3.Hunter's Heart
4.Mate Claimed
5.Insurgent

0/10

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3) by Ilona Andrews Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4) by Ilona Andrews Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Tempt Me with Darkness (Doomsday Brethren, #1) by Shayla Black Dark Awakening (Dark Dynasties #1) by Kendra Leigh Castle Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1) by Gena Showalter Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Night Forbidden (Envy Chronicles, #5) by Joss Ware Blood Lines (World of the Lupi, #3) by Eileen Wilks Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Hunter's Heart (Alpha Pack, #4) by J.D. Tyler Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4) by Jennifer Ashley Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth

message 36: by Nikki (last edited Dec 30, 2013 04:53AM) (new)

Nikki (rosetat) | 39 comments I think I'll clean up (or at least make a bit smaller) my TBR list. Or at least read the remainder of a couple series that I've been working on. It'll be nice to get them out of the way for the next year.

14/15

1. Killer Insight (12/1/13)
2. Crime Seen (12/2/13)
3. Death Perception (12/4/13)
4. Doom with a View (12/7/13)
5. A Glimpse of Evil (12/7/13)
6. Vision Impossible (12/8/13)
7. Lethal Outlook (12/22/2013)
8. Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls (12/21/2013)
9. Ghoul Interrupted (12/21/2013)
10. What a Ghoul Wants (12/22/2013)

Alternate

11. Wicked Nights (12/14/2013)
12. Beauty Awakened (12/14/2013)
13. Midnight's Master (12/15/2013)
14. Tomb with a View (12/29/2013)
15. First Grave on the Right

message 37: by Maria (last edited Dec 09, 2013 08:07AM) (new)

Maria (maria_nanci) TBR Clean-Up Challenge

Read: 1/10

1. Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian
2. The Accidental Genie by Dakota Cassidy
3. Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich
4. Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon
5. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
6. The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning
7. Crave by J.R. Ward
8. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
9. The Dominant by Tara Sue Me
10. Tall, Dark & Hungry by Lynsay Sands

Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11) by Lara Adrian The Accidental Genie (Accidentally Friends, #7) by Dakota Cassidy Takedown Twenty (Stephanie Plum, #20) by Janet Evanovich Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) by Richelle Mead The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Crave (Fallen Angels, #2) by J.R. Ward Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth The Dominant (The Submissive Trilogy, #2) by Tara Sue Me Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau, #4) by Lynsay Sands

message 39: by Karen (new)

Karen (chippyreader) | 115 comments I have to go with the
TBR Clean-up Challenge
Thanks! :)

0/10

1. A Spirited Season by Karen Cantwell, Misha Crews, and Laura Lucas
2. Tristan's Lyceum Wolves by Kym Grosso
3. The Mating by Nicky Charles
4. Better Off Dead by H.P. Mallory
5. Death Ain't But A Word by Zander Marks
6. Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan
7. Captured by Erica Stevens
8. Shattered Promises by Jessica Sorensen
9. How to Date A Demon by Rose Pressey
10. A Bit of Bite by Cynthia Eden

A Spirited Season by Karen Cantwell Tristan's Lyceum Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans #3) by Kym Grosso The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #1) by Nicky Charles Better Off Dead (Lily Harper, #1) by H.P. Mallory Death Ain't But A Word by Zander Marks Jenny Pox (The Paranormals, #1) by J.L. Bryan Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens Shattered Promises (Shattered Promises, #1) by Jessica Sorensen How to Date a Demon (Rylie Cruz #3) by Rose Pressey A Bit of Bite by Cynthia Eden

message 40: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

This month is harder for me than usual. It's difficult to go through books on a Kindle and/or Nook, and all of my printed books are locked up in a storage unit. So I've only been able to put together part of a list so far, and it's kind of annoying. But, hey, I'll get there eventually--maybe.

Dec. 2013 PNR challenge

TBR clean-up

1. Liar Society by by Laura Roecker & Lisa Roecker
2. Relic by Renee Collins
3. Details, Details, Details by Odette C. Bell
4. There’s Cake in my Future by Kim Gruenenfelder
5. Great-Aunt Sophia’s Lessons for Bombshells by Lisa Cach
6. Sleeping with the Entity by Cat Devon

message 41: by Belkis (new)

1/10 Read

1. The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon
✔10. The Goblin King (The Kings, #4) by Heather Killough-Walden 12/3 ★★★★

Alternatives:

message 42: by Angie (new)

Angie "Gratitude is the sign of noble souls." - Aesop
1. - Thank You For Riding - Meg Maguire
3. - Witches of the East - Melissa De La Cruz
4. - Frisco's Kid - Suzanne Brockmann
5. - Wave of Memories - Addison Fox
6. - Shadow - Laurann Dohner
7. - Archangel's Legion - Nalini Singh
8. - The Fiery Heart - Richelle Mead
9. - Nevermore - Kelly Creagh
10. - Halo - Alexandra Adornetto
Thank You for Riding (Strangers on a Train) by Meg Maguire Witches of the East (The Beauchamp Family, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz Frisco's Kid (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #3) by Suzanne Brockmann Wave of Memories (Sons of the Zodiac, #3.5) by Addison Fox Shadow (New Species, #9) by Laurann Dohner Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) by Richelle Mead Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto

message 43: by Dee (last edited Dec 14, 2013 10:11PM) (new)

Dee (phonebooklady) I'm finished

TBR clean up challenge

10/10

1. Holiday with a Vampire III (Secret Vampire Society #2) by Linda Winstead Jones 12/11

2. A Vampire's Christmas Wish by M.L. Guida 12/7

3. Awakening the Fire (Guardian Witch, #1) by Ally Shields 12/14

4. Riveted (Iron Seas, #3) by Meljean Brook 12/05

5. The Accidental Werewolf 2 Something About Harry (Accidentally Friends, #8) by Dakota Cassidy 12/06

6. Pies and Potions (Mystic Cafe, #2) by Rose Pressey 12/10

7. Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4) by Thea Harrison 12/06

8. Biting Oz (Biting Love, #5) by Mary Hughes 12/15

9. Realm Walker (Realm Walker, #1) by Kathleen Collins 12/09

10. Bled & Breakfast (Immortality Bites Mystery #2) by Michelle Rowen 12/09

message 44: by Daffodil (last edited Dec 04, 2013 01:15PM) (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 96 comments I have more than a few series that only require 1 or 2 books to finish them off, so I'm going to do the TBR Cleanup challenge.

PNR TBR Cleanup Challenge
December 1-31, 2013

Completed: 0/10

Pick 10 books from your current physical TBR pile (preferably books that have been there for quite some time). Also pick 5 more books as 'alternate' reads just in case.

TBR List

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) by J.R. Ward Midnight Enchantment (Dark Magick, #4) by Anya Bast Magic for a Price (Allie Beckstrom, #9) by Devon Monk Undead and Unsure (Undead, #12) by MaryJanice Davidson Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13) by Charlaine Harris Warcry (Chronicles of the Warlands, #4) by Elizabeth Vaughan Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5) by Jennifer Ashley Plague Nation (Ashley Parker, #2) by Dana Fredsti

TBR Alternates

Unchained (The Dark Forgotten, #3) by Sharon Ashwood Frostbound (The Dark Forgotten, #4) by Sharon Ashwood In a Fix (In a Fix, #1) by Linda Grimes Shadow Touch (Dirk & Steele, #2) by Marjorie M. Liu Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5) by Karen Chance

message 45: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Dec. 2013 PNR challenge

TBR clean-up

1. Liar Society by by Laura Roecker & Lisa Roecker
7. Starhammer by Christopher Rowley
8. Dead Highways: Origins by Richard Brown
9. Darkspire Reaches by C. N. Lesley
10. Details, Details, Details by Odette C. Bell

Alternates
1) Dragon Justice by Laura Anne Gilman
2) Cassidy Jones and the secret formula
3) Wildfire: A Paranormal Mystery with Cowboys & Dragons by Mina Khan
4) Drive Me Wild by Christine Warren
5)

(At page 44 on my Nook, and still no idea on the last book.)

message 46: by Belkis (new)

2/10 Read

✔1. The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon 12/5 ★★★★

Alternatives:

message 48: by Irene (new)

Irene (irenemikhaylova) | 478 comments TBR Clean-Up challenge
December 2013
1/10

1. To Bed a Beauty by Nicole Jordan - added: 15/10/2011 read: 06/12/2013 ★★★★
2. The Courtship by Catherine Coulter added: 06/08/2012
3. Then Came You by Lisa Kleypas added: 30/09/2011
4. Legend by Marie Lu added: 07/12/2011
5. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick added: 03/01/2012
6. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost added: 12/01/2012
7. Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews added: 06/08/2012
8. Web of Lies by Jennifer Estep added: 06/08/2012
9. Born of Shadows by Sherrilyn Kenyon added: 08/08/2012
10. A Hunger So Wild by Sylvia Day added: 31/10/2012

To Bed a Beauty (Courtship Wars #2) by Nicole Jordan The Courtship (Brides #5) by Catherine Coulter Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3) by Ilona Andrews Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2) by Jennifer Estep Born of Shadows (The League, Gen 1 #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon A Hunger So Wild (Renegade Angels, #2) by Sylvia Day

Alternatives
1. Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews 14/11/2012
2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead 14/11/2012
3. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones 14/11/2012
4. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris 14/11/2012
5. Skinwalker by Faith Hunter 14/11/2012

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson #1) by Darynda Jones Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter

message 49: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Dec. 2013 PNR challenge

TBR clean-up
2/10

1. Liar Society by Laura Roecker & Lisa Roecker
7. Starhammer by Christopher Rowley
8. Dead Highways: Origins by Richard Brown
9. Darkspire Reaches by C. N. Lesley
10. Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons by Blaize Clement

Alternates
1) Dragon Justice by Laura Anne Gilman
2) Cassidy Jones and the secret formula
3) Wildfire: A Paranormal Mystery with Cowboys & Dragons by Mina Khan
4) Drive Me Wild by Christine Warren
5)

message 50: by Belkis (last edited Dec 07, 2013 07:19PM) (new)

3/10 Read

✔1. The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon 12/5 ★★★★
✔4. Fury (New Species, #1) by Laurann Dohner 12/7 ★★