Start by marking “Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)” as Want to Read:
Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)

Tiger Magic

(Shifters Unbound #5)

He was once a captive, but his urges were never caged. Now he’ll release them on a beautiful stranger whose own secret desires are longing to be sated…

He doesn’t have a name. He doesn’t have a clan. The humans who held him prisoner for forty years have taken them away. He knew nothing but captivity until nearly a year ago, when he was released into the light. Now Tiger liv
Mass Market Paperback, 308 pages
Published June 4th 2013 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Tiger Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger Magic

Ingie
Written December 18, 2014

4.2 Stars - Always guaranteed interesting good m/f Shifter romances from Ms J Ashley - So also this time

Book #5

For me is a book from the 'Shifters Unbound' series always a good reading (listening) choice. Well written m/f PNR by, always delivering, Jennifer Ashley. These romances are that kind of good paranormal suspense where we always get interesting stories, thoughtful topics and sweet —steamy enough— love-stories. So far my favorite Shifter series (in the m/f genre)
Jennifer Ashley
Jun 26, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shifters Book 5. Tiger (who was introduced in Mate Claimed) and Carly. This one is set in the Austin Shiftertown.
Jen
This one has been my favorite out of the series so far! I loved Tiger and Carly; but I especially loved my Tiger!! Even though he was in captivity from the time he was created in a lab by bad men...he had such a vulnerability to his personality. He also had this child-like innocence to him in how he viewed the world. I mean, it is understandable that he did. He was held in captivity for more than 40 years..with no contact with anyone. It makes you feel such empathy for Tiger. Of course, he is qu ...more
Princess under cover
I'm not going to waste too many words. Please read my many rants leading up to this review in my reading progress. I'm tempted to give it 2.5 stars for the plot issue below.

Tiger (the Hero): 5 stars. I'm a fan of Jennifer Ashley's The Madness of Lord Ian McKensie (prob got the title slightly wrong, but GR's book link not working for me). But that was the only book in that historical romance series that ever stuck in my mind, didn't really care for the others one way or the other. My point being,
CC
Re read via audible

Prior comments:

This is the only book in the series I have read but it was a great one! I do not love the world the author has built, probably because it pits shifters against each other, makes them out to be a lower class and makes them wear shock collars. Really not ok with that one! Tried a shock collar once because someone suggested I put it on my dog - it hurt like a bitch! and that was just my leg!

Tiger has been kept in a cage for 40 years and is only recently free. He is
Lover of Romance
Now this review will be a bit shorter since I read this almost a week ago, and have been way too busy to write it until now. But especially since I had such a fun time reading this one, I knew I just had to share my review for it. Now I have been waiting for Tiger's story for quite some time now. I do want to say that as far as shifter series go, this one tops my list for sure. Jennifer Ashley has such a remarkable talent when creating these stellar amazing stories. I have loved every one of the ...more
Sophia Triad
Another great addition to the series.

We have met Tiger when Iona saved him from the research facility in a previous book.

Tiger is currently living with the Austin shifters trying to figure out his place. Since he was created by scientists and not fae he is having problem adapted to the shifters society. The main differences are the following:

-He does not really understand the point of being an Alpha shifter. Since he is stronger than everyone else in shifter town, he does not understand why sh
Erika

4.5 stars!!

This book ended up being so freaking GREAT!! Up until 85%, I thought my final rating was going to be 4.25 stars, but that last 15% was so utterly fantastic. My gosh, I love Tiger. I love Carly -- she is one of my top favorite heroines ever.

Some of my favorite things about Tiger Magic:

TIGER: He was such a wonderful character. He didn't talk a lot and he was subdued much of the time, but he was pure hero material. He was 100% devoted to Carly. He was the ultimate protector, not only to
Laura the Highland Hussy
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
review posted on Got Fiction? Books

I read the teaser at the end of the last book, and I shouldn’t have-because it made me want Tiger’s book soo badly! But now that I’ve read it, I can say it was worth the wait!

If you remember, Tiger was created in a secret lab, held there for 40 years, experimented on and tortured. Rescued by the Las Vegas shifter pack in Mate Claimed, he is sent to live in the Austin Shiftertown until they can sort out what to do with him.

Being that Tiger was created in a lab
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/06/review-...

Favorite Quote: “I’m a little afraid, sure [...] it’s not everyday I slap duct tape over a man’s mouth and stuff him in my truck.”

Tiger was held in a secret lab for forty years; experimented on and tortured. Rescued by the Las Vegas shifter pack, he is sent to the Austin pack until they can figure out what exactly to do with him. Unusual in his make up, Tiger is a loner who makes all shifters, except for children, very uneasy. Not sure
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
This was a pretty good read, I think. Though this is not a series that I follow, this is the 1st book I've read in this series, I have to say for an on going plot it was quite easy to follow the story.

While some of the dialogue was a bit campy/cheesy, I do love the character of Tiger I like how his character was portrayed. His innocence untouched. He's simply a creature of instinct & heart. He keeps things straight forward, simple, real, & sexy.

His mate Carly, she was alright, I guess. I
Maya
BASICS

Love triangle? (view spoiler)
Cheating? (view spoiler)
HEA? (view spoiler)
Any Descriptive Sex w/OW/OM/Ex? (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? Maybe, but not for now.
Rating: 5 stars

Review

I really and truly loved this one. The main reason for that is H, who is sooo wonderful, knows what he wants and
Nicole
4.5 Stars

My favorite of the series! Tiger is just so misunderstood and really a sweetie on the inside. I adored him! Carly stuck by her man, which I loved. I have one itty bitsy nitpick though (view spoiler)

Also, the shifters of shiftertown really treated poor Tiger bad and did such a disservice to him. Thank goodness for cute cubs that loved him anyway.

Gra
Gina
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and I loved Tiger! And I loved that when no one believed in him Carly did. And I have to admit at first I was unsure of Tiger myself. I love this series and this for me was one of the best books.

Can't wait for the next!
Tanya Davis
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Tiger, and yep, that's his name, is an unknown. He's not completely accepted, or should I say trusted, by those around him. Tiger feels this and feels separated from everyone with the exception of a select few he feels close to.

When he comes across Carly, I was not surprised by his instant knowledge of her as his mate. Nor was I surprised by how he acts around Carly. He's so new to everything, including finding his mate, he's just running on instincts. I expected that of him.

Carly finds herself
Helena Zelin
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Since the beggining of the book, I felt a special bond with the protagonist, Tiger and not just because he is damn hot! He is a very interesting character in all ways. We first meet Tiger in the previous book of the series and I imediately fell in love.
As always, Ashley's writing captivated and excited me. The meticulous plot and the tons of action and romance terns each page into a small miracle. Tiger's sweet ferocity and his mate, Carly's wounded heart is the perfect combination for a fantast
Kristin
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tiger is someone we met at the end of the last book when he is saved from research facility. He was created by humans to be a test subject. They've run various tests on him to see how much pain and abuse he can endure. Out of the other test subjects, he was the only one that survived. He's had a really horrible life and when we met him in the previous book, he was very feral. However, we get to see Tiger start to adapt to being free, or at least as free as the humans allow shifters. He is no lon ...more
Lorna
(RabidReads)The Shifters Unbound series is another one of those that I am determined to read as many of them as I can. However, after starting out reading them in order, I seem to be all over the place as far as the order that I read/listen to them. And you know what? It really doesn’t matter. Sure, the right way is to probably read them in order, but I’ve never been lost or confused.

Tiger, the hero of this book, was first introduced in a previous installment, and to be honest, I can’t remember
Letitia
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: B ... Heat: Hot

Tiger, who we first met in Mate Claimed, is a simple kind of man. All he wants is a mate and a few cubs. Love? Well, a guy like Tiger doesn’t even know how to want or miss a thing like love. Raised in cages, put through hellish tests that were the cruelest kind of abuse, and violated in the name of science… Tiger’s never been on the receiving end of love. Even now that he’s free and living in a Shiftertown, almost everyone fears him or is wary of him because of his strengt

Quinn's Book Nook
After devouring White Tiger and Bodyguard , both part of the Shifters Unbound series, I knew I absolutely had to read Tiger Magic, because Tiger seemed so interesting when he was briefly mentioned in White Tiger. And, oh my gosh, Tiger Magic by Jennifer Ashley was so good!
What I Liked:

TIGER! Seriously, Tiger was my favorite aspect of the whole story. He is so my kind of hero. Tiger is strong, and other shifters aren't really sure what to make of him because of his unique circumstances (ma
D.G.
Nov 24, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNFed at ~65%
I started reading this book weeks ago and found myself with no desire to continue it or even the series. I have no idea where the author is going here - the shifters are more fighting among themselves than All the books are so predictable - a shifter meets a human woman, wants her immediately, they are hooking up in a few days and they decide to mate right away.

Also, I've never been a fan of the narrator so this is it for me with this series.
Leona Woolfolk
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I knew if I just kept working my way through this series that I would find a story that would leave me speechless, and Tiger Magic was that story.

I have always had a weakness for tiger shifters. I don’t know if it’s because of the rarity that these type of shifters are featured or because of the tiger’s nature, but you can always put me down for a tiger shifter story any day of the week!

When I had read the synopsis for Tiger Magic a while back, I knew that I had to read it, but sadly my libr
Lauren
Tiger Magic
4 Stars

Rescued from horrific experiments and relocated to the shiftertown in Austin, Tiger, a rare bengal shifter, feels like an outcast until the day he stumbles across Carly Randal broken down on the side of a deserted road, and knows he has met his mate. As Carly is slowly drawn into the dangers and intrigues of the shifter world, her one constant is the intensity of her feelings for Tiger. But will that be enough to overcome the obstacles in their path to happiness?

A sweet additio
Claudia
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifter-romance
Re-read
I liked Tiger and felt for him from the moment Iona saved him. His story was heartbreaking: a shifter created in a secret laboratory and kept there (area 51) for 40 years or so. He was tortured and experimented on for the good of science.
From the beginning, the shifters didn't know what to do and how to deal with Tiger but Dylan saw something in him and took him to his town.

While the shifters didn't know what to do with him and how to control him, their children/ cubs knew better. They t
Darcy
I was so happy when I realized that this book centered around Tiger. From the start I liked him, hated how his life started out, but loved that with Liam and the Austin Shiftertown he had a chance at a real life.

I loved how Tiger recognized Carly as his mate right away. I thought it was funny how even though he kept stating the fact around Carly she didn't realize the implications. I also really loved that Carly was the one person to calm Tiger down. It was great to how the other shifters reacte
Mara
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
I have a mixed relationship with this series. I liked the first book, but found only ok the second. And I couldn't get interested into the sequels.

Tiger Magic came to my attention from friends' reviews. They all love this series and I thought to give it a try again.

Tiger Magic is simply too bland for my tastes. I liked seeing what happened to characters I had already met. But I wasn't that intrigued by Tiger, his story, his mate.

The story was too sugary for me. Plus, I found his background pre
Linda
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As reviewed on Read Our Lips:

23 was rescued from a research facility - spending his first 40 years as a specimen, prodded and tortured. Now the Austin Shiftertown has taken him in, trying to help him adapt to a life, but most of the inhabitants regard him with suspicion, uncertain what hes capable of.
Stumbling upon a woman by the road he soon realizes this is his mate, but how to make her his?
Carlys already late for work when her car brakes down by the road, and the only help available is a big
Ann aka Iftcan
Ok, since Tiger appeared in one of the previous books, (I read them out of order, so not sure of the exact sequence) I've been looking forward to his story. I also have to admit--I loved that he got himself a good little southern girl. (Can we tell that I too am, by birth, a southern girl?) I liked that she stood up for him, and more importantly--that she accepted him as HIM.

And, ok, I loved that my favourite of all the shifters appeared in this story too. AND that he had a fairly important par
Ekaterin
Jan 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Très très déçue par ce tome, j'ai eu l'impression qu'il y avait eu mensonge sur la marchandise. Franchement une telle différence de caractère pour un personnage entre 2 tomes, c'est assez perturbant. Tout est trop rapide, Tigre n'est pas du tout le personnage décrit dans le tome précédant, où est passé la bête sauvage enfermée depuis son enfance ? On ne devient pas comme ça d'un coup de baguette magique un petit minou tout docile alors que l'on a subit toute sa vie l'emprisonnement et la torture ...more
Carolyn F.
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this book. I loved how Tiger wasn't all caveman about Carly, he just knew what he knew and was satisfied with that. I liked how Carly was so open and although she was worried, she didn't second guess herself to death about Tiger. Also how she could see pain instead of anger when everyone else was freaking out, loved it. As you can see this is a love fest review. I would recommend this book to all of you romance, shifter, paranormal, fiction readers out there!
  • Unbound (Time Hunters #2.5, Shifters Unbound #4.5, The Elementals #1.5)
  • Drive Me Wild (The Others, #7)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter (Midnight Liaisons, #2)
  • Bayon/Jean-Baptiste (Bayou Heat, #3-4)
  • Savage Awakening (Alpha Pack, #2)
  • The Purrfect Plan (Australian Shifters, #1)
  • Hidden Crimes (Hidden, #2)
  • Silver Mine (Takhini Wolves, #2)
  • Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)
  • Damek's Redemption (Legacy, #6)
  • Wild Invitation (Psy-Changeling, #0.5, 4.5, 9.5, 10.5)
  • Logan & Jenna (The Wolf's Mate, #6)
  • Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4; Poconos Pack, #0.4)
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians, #8)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical, contemporary, and paranormal romance, historical mysteries, and urban fantasy as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards, have been translated into many different languages, and earned starred reviews from Booklist and Publisher's Weekly. More about her b

Shifters Unbound (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1)
  • Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)
  • Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3)
  • Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4)
  • Wild Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #6)
  • Mate Bond (Shifters Unbound, #7)
  • White Tiger (Shifters Unbound, #8)
  • Guardian's Mate (Shifters Unbound, #9)
  • Red Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #10)
  • Midnight Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #11)
“He also brought Carly's purse from the living room. Having lived for months in the same house as Liam and his mate, Kim, Tiger had learned that these large bags were full of things females considered essential. They fussed when they didn't have them.” 4 likes