Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2009 Challenge Archive > April Monthly Challenge: Participant's List Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 296 (296 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Mar 23, 2009 06:11PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments This is where we officially post our selected categories.

Here are the categories:

1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with "A".

2. Read a book picked from an April B-Day celebrant GR shelf. Be sure to specify whose shelf you pick it from.

3. Read a book whose author, setting or character is from California. (Suggestions for this category is welcome on the Suggestions and Discussion thread.)

4. Read the oldest book added to your Good Reads TBR shelf. (How to do this? Go to your TBR shelf and click on Date added to sort it. Pick the book that is rank 1.)

5. Read a book that has "one word" for its title. (Ex. Bitten, Decadent, Addicted, etc.)

6. Read a book that you heard or think would be "funny" . (You know, April's Fools and all..LOL)

7. Read a book that has some kind of WAR as a backdrop. (Could be realistic like World War I, etc or imaginary like the Brotherhood against Lessers..as long as you can justify it..LOL)

8. Read a book that has a "male profile" on the cover. (Be sure to post the cover. Let's see if its drool-worthy..LOL)

9. Read a book that is part of a series. (Don't forget to name the series and what Book number it is.)

10. Reader's Choice or if you joined the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge, your recommended book.

Challenge Duration: April 1 - April 30, 2009

You can choose 3, 5, 8 or all 10 categories depending on your reading speed, books availability and/or time commitment.

PS: You may post your list anytime you like, but NO READING for this challenge until the FIRST of April.

message 2: by Nichole (DirrtyH) (last edited Mar 26, 2009 07:11PM) (new)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (DirtyH) 1. Witch Blood by Anya Bast
2. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, from Jayne's shelf
3. Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh
4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
5. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (but I may end up reading Decadent by Shayla Black - nice examples, Yz!)
6. I Am America And So Can You by Stephen Colbert
7. TBD
8. The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) by Gena Showalter
9. Desire Unchained by Larissa Ione; Demonica series, book 2
10. Soul Mates: Bound by Blood by Jourdan Lane

message 3: by Kasia (last edited Apr 26, 2009 07:40AM) (new)

Kasia April (9 so far)
Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, Book 3) by Ilona Andrews Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian Series, Book 2) by Keri Arthur Samurai 1 Kastel Awan Burung Gereja (Cloud of Sparrows An Epic Novel of Japan) by Takashi Matsuoka Stray (Werecats, Book 1) by Rachel Vincent Power of One by Bryce Courtenay Curse the Dawn (Cassie Palmer, Book 4) by Karen Chance Zodiac by Neal Stephenson Little Brother by Cory Doctorow Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward The History of Love A Novel by Nicole Krauss The Queen and I by Sue Townsend

1. A...........................Magic Strikes (Andrews, Ilona)
2. B-Day....................Kissing Sin (Sarah's TBR)
3. California..............Little Brother
4. Oldest TBR book...Cloud of Sparrows
5. Single Word...........Stray
6. Funny....................Zodiac or The Queen and I
7. War.......................The History of Love
8. Male Profile..........Power of One
9. Part of Series.........Curse the Dawn (Cassie Palmer, Book 4)
10. Pick-It-For-Me....Dark Lover (Yz recommended it, thanks Yz)

message 4: by Lori (last edited Apr 02, 2009 09:47AM) (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Great categories...again!

Nicholas (The Lords of Satyr #1) by Elizabeth Amber [image error] Drawn Together by Z.A. Maxfield City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, Book 3) by Cassandra Clare Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, Book 2) by Kelley Armstrong You Slay Me (Aisling Grey, Guardian, Book 1) by Katie MacAlister Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, Book 2) by Alexis Morgan Raine (The Lords of Satyr #2) by Elizabeth Amber Soul Mates Sacrifice (Book 3) by Jourdan Lane

1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with "A" - Nicholas by Elizabeth Amber
2. Read a book picked from an April B-Day celebrant GR shelf. - Daughters of Terra by Theolyn Boese (Tasha's Shelf)
3. Read a book whose author, setting or character is from California - Drawn Together by Z.A. Maxfield (Long Beach, CA)
4. Read the oldest book added to your Good Reads TBR shelf - City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
5. Read a book that has "one word" for its title - Stolen by Kelly Armstrong
6. Read a book that you heard or think would be "funny" - You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister
7. Read a book that has some kind of WAR as a backdrop - Dark Defender by Alexis Morgan (As a Paladin warrior, Blake Trahern fights and dies again and again to keep mankind safe from the Others)
8. Read a book that has a "male profile" on the cover - Raine by Elizabeth Amber
Raine (The Lords of Satyr #2) by Elizabeth Amber
9. Read a book that is part of a series - Soul Mates Sacrifice by Jourdan Lane (Soul Mates Series #3)
10. Reader's Choice or if you joined the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge, your recommended book - The Scent of Shadows The First Sign of the Zodiac by Vicki Pettersson

message 5: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) | 407 comments Woah! Nice cover Lori!! /drools

message 6: by Annvelwis (last edited Apr 05, 2009 08:21AM) (new)

Annvelwis | 671 comments Looks like fun to me, heh.

A Rush of Wings by Adrian Phoenix 03-04

2. Read a book picked from an April B-Day celebrant GR shelf. Be sure to specify whose shelf you pick it from.
A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught (Karen's shelf)

3. Read a book whose author, setting or character is from California.
Wild Star by Catherine Coulter

4. Read the oldest book added to your Good Reads TBR shelf.
("Dead and Gone" by Charlaine Harris isn't published yet so...) The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

5. Read a book that has "one word" for its title.
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

6. Read a book that you heard or think would be "funny".
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

7. Read a book that has some kind of WAR as a backdrop.
Kontrakt panny Brandt by Mija Kabat (setting : 1942, Poland) 05-04

8. Read a book that has a "male profile" on the cover.
The Lost Duke of Wyndham by Julia Quinn 05-04

9. Read a book that is part of a series.
The Undead Next Door by Kerrelyn Sparks (Love at Stake #4) 01-04

10. Reader's Choice or if you joined the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge, your recommended book.
The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter (Tricia's recommendation) 02-04

[image error] A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught Wild Star by Catherine Coulter The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova Inkheart (Inkheart, Book 1) by Cornelia Funke The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy, Book 1) by Douglas Adams Kontrakt panny Brandt by Mija Kabat [image error] The Undead Next Door (Love At Stake #4) by Kerrelyn Sparks [image error]

message 7: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Annvelwis, Charlaine Harris rocks, hope you'll get to that one soon. The Historian, on the other hand, disappointed me gravely... Lemme know what you think when you're done with it.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (DirtyH) Kasia wrote: "Annvelwis, Charlaine Harris rocks, hope you'll get to that one soon. The Historian, on the other hand, disappointed me gravely... Lemme know what you think when you're done with it."

I, on the other hand, couldn't even get through the first Sookie Stackhouse book but LOVED The Historian. :)

message 9: by Courtney (last edited Apr 03, 2009 10:54AM) (new)

Courtney (cddimmitt) 1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with "A".
Claudia And The Phantom Phone Calls ~ Ann M. Martin

Nineteen Minutes ~ Jodi Picoult (from Karen's shelves)

The Modern Girl's Guide to Life ~ Jane Buckingham (Jane Buckingham is from L.A.)

The Host A Novel ~ Stephenie Meyer

Stillwatch ~ Mary Higgins Clark

6. Read a book that you heard or think would be "funny" .
Full Scoop ~ Janet Evanovich

Outlander ~ Diana Gabaldon

Mr. Maybe A Novel ~ Jane Green Mr. Maybe A Novel by Jane Green

A Clue for the Puzzle Lady ~ Parnell Hall (#1 in the Puzzle Lady mystery series)

Light In Shadow ~ Jayne Ann Krentz

message 10: by Annvelwis (new)

Annvelwis | 671 comments Nichole wrote: "I, on the other hand, couldn't even get through the first Sookie Stackhouse book but LOVED The Historian. :)"

Kasia wrote: "Annvelwis, Charlaine Harris rocks, hope you'll get to that one soon. The Historian, on the other hand, disappointed me gravely... Lemme know what you think when you're done with it."

I'm fairly sure I'll love "Dead and Gone". 5th May is marked in red pen on my calendar.
As for "The Historian", I heard a lot of different opinions about it. Some say it's fabulous, others think it's crappy. Just want to check it out myself.

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) Nichole wrote: "I, on the other hand, couldn't even get through the first Sookie Stackhouse book but LOVED The Historian. :) "

And see...I loved the Sookie Stackhouse books but couldn't finish The Historian!

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) @Courtney...I really enjoyed The Host but you've got to get through the first few chapters before it really takes off. I'll be anxious to hear how you liked it.

message 13: by Annvelwis (new)

Annvelwis | 671 comments All right, now I'm getting nervous...

Nichole (DirrtyH) (DirtyH) Lori wrote: "And see...I loved the Sookie Stackhouse books but couldn't finish The Historian!"

It took me awhile to get through the first 200 pages, I'll admit, but after that I was completely hooked. I couldn't put it down.

message 15: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (last edited Mar 24, 2009 09:21PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) 1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with "A".
I'm Not Really Here by Tim Allen

204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove #2) by Debbie Macomber {Tasha}

Fire and Ice (America Series: California) by Janet Dailey

16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove #1) by Debbie Macomber

Pirates by Linda Lael Miller

How to Cheat Your Friends at Poker The Wisdom of Dickie Richard by Penn Jillette

Born to Be Riled by Jeremy Clarkson Born to Be Riled by Jeremy Clarkson (Not drool worthy at all. lol)

Return To Promise (Heart of Texas #8) by Debbie Macomber

Sorcery and Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot Being the Correspondence of Two Young Ladies of Quality Regarding Various Magical Scandals in London and the Country by Patricia Wrede and Caroline Stevermer

message 16: by Barbara ★ (last edited Apr 18, 2009 06:15PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3048 comments 1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with "A".
Arthur Phillips - The Egyptologist A Novel 4/15

Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews From Tasha's To Read shelf 4/14

The Blue Nowhere (takes place in Cupertino, CA) 4/13

Everything was reorganized on the same date so I picked the book that has been on my physical TBR shelf the longest.
Beauty and the Beast by Hannah Howell 4/17

Undying - V.K. Forrest 4/18

6. Read a book that you heard or think would be "funny" .
For the Love of Pete by Julia Harper 4/16

Blood Magic A Novel - Jennifer Lyon 4/9
(A battle between witches and demons to save the world.)

A Witch's Beauty (Daughters of Arriane, Book 2) by Joey W. Hill A Witch's Beauty - Joey W. Hill

Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione #3 4/6

Seducing a Scottish Bride by Sue-Ellen Welfonder 4/1

message 17: by Annvelwis (last edited Mar 26, 2009 08:49AM) (new)

Annvelwis | 671 comments Barbara wrote: "8. Read a book that has a "male profile" on the cover.
A Witch's Beauty by Joey W. HillA Witch's Beauty A Witch's Beauty - Joey W. Hill "

!??? Does she has a tentacles??? In lieu of legs, I mean...? (*stunned*)

message 18: by Malena (last edited Mar 31, 2009 05:00PM) (new)

Malena (thefieryheartNZ) | 72 comments Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1) by Ilona Andrews The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Dark Prince (Carpathians, #1) (2d Ed) by Christine Feehan Everlost by Neal Shusterman Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, Book 2) by Kelley Armstrong [image error] March by Geraldine Brooks [image error] Fire Study (Study, Book 3) by Maria V. Snyder [image error]

Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Sarah's Shelf)

Dark Prince by Christine Feehan (author lives in California)

Everlost by Neal Shusterman

Stolen by Kelley Armstrong

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

March by Geraldine Brooks

The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

9. Read a book that is part of a series
Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder (Study Series book 3)

Pick-It-For-Me Challenge Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

message 19: by Tasha (last edited Apr 28, 2009 09:57AM) (new)

Tasha (tasha_the_booklover) | 85 comments Kasia, I'm borrowing your shorthand. :)

1. A........................... Night Fall by Cherry Adair {04/02}
2. B-Day.................... Heaven and Earth by Nora Roberts {my shelf}{04/01}
3. California.............. Paradise Valley by Robyn Carr {04/17}
4. Oldest TBR book... Unleash the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon {04/13}
5. Single Word........... Menagerie by Lara Santiago {04/26}
6. Funny.................... Bedtime for Bonsai by Elaine Fox {04/25}
7. War....................... Made for Two Men by Madison Hayes {04/05}
8. Male Profile.......... Finding Home by Cameron Dane {04/04}
9. Part of Series......... Dark of Night (Troubleshooters Series #14) by Suzanne Brockmann {04/09}
10. Reader's Choice.... Zack Armed and Dangerous by Cheyenne McCray {04/12}

Night Fall (T-FLAC, #12) by Cherry Adair Heaven and Earth (Three Sisters Island trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts Paradise Valley (Virgin River, #7) by Robyn Carr Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter, #13) (Were-Hunter) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Menagerie by Lara Santiago Bedtime for Bonsai by Elaine Fox Made For Two Men by Madison Hayes Finding Home (Quinn Security, #1) by Cameron Dane Dark of Night (Troubleshooters #14) by Suzanne Brockmann [image error]

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) Annvelwis wrote: "Barbara wrote: "8. Read a book that has a "male profile" on the cover.
A Witch's Beauty by Joey W. HillA ..."

I clicked on it for a closer look and I think he has just the wings, and its the sea witch that has the tenticles. Course, the lady with the actual book will have to tell us for sure.

message 21: by Annvelwis (last edited Mar 26, 2009 08:49AM) (new)

Annvelwis | 671 comments Wings on a man, or woman, are no big deal. I imagine it's uncomftarble lying on the back, but that's all, right? Tentacles on Sholto (Meredith Gentry; Laurell K Hamilton) were fine too, though it took me some time to get used to them. But Sholto has had legs. And Arms. All nessesery human/man parts, heh.
But to replace legs with tentacles? That's risky... (I have similar objcetions to fishtails)

message 22: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Apr 03, 2009 11:20AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Yz's April Challenge List

1. "A" author: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

2. April B-day: Stray by Rachel Vincent (Tasha's shelf)

3. California: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (I saw Jane's post that he is currently living in Northern California.)

4. TBR shelf: Wild Rain by Christine Feehan

5. One-Word Title : Tapestry(anthology)

6. "Funny" book: Fire Me Up by Katie MacAlister

7. "War" Background: The Defiant Hero by Suzanne Brockmann

8. Male Profile Cover: A Passion For Him by Sylvia Day A Passion for Him by Sylvia Day

9. Part of a Series: Claimed by Shadow by Karen Chance (Cassie Palmer Series Book 2)

10. Pick-It-Me-Challenge Book: Causing Havoc by Lori Foster

message 23: by Lara (new)

Lara | 109 comments Still incomplete.

1. Re-read Black Ice by Anne Stuart
2. Night Game (Ghostwalker's #3) by Christine Feehan from Tasha's shelf
3. Conspiracy Game (Ghostwalker's #4) by Christine Feehan
4. Fool Me Once by Jessica Joy
5. ???
6. Why do Men Fall Asleep After Sex by Mark Leyner and Billy Goldberg M.D.
7. ???
8. Nauti Boy (Nauti Series #1) by Lora Leigh
Nauti Boy (Nauti Series, #1) by Lora Leigh
9. Nauti Nights (Nauti Series #2) by Lora Leigh
10.TBA

message 24: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Once again a great monthly challenge!

message 25: by Christel (new)

Christel (Christelc) | 72 comments 1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with "A".

3. Read a book whose author, setting or character is from California. (Suggestions for this category is welcome on the Suggestions and Discussion thread.)

4. Read the oldest book added to your Good Reads TBR shelf. (How to do this? Go to your TBR shelf and click on Date added to sort it. Pick the book that is rank 1.)

5. Read a book that has "one word" for its title. (Ex. Bitten, Decadent, Addicted, etc.) Eden by Carolyn Davidson

6. Read a book that you heard or think would be "funny" . (You know, April's Fools and all..LOL)

7. Read a book that has some kind of WAR as a backdrop. (Could be realistic like World War I, etc or imaginary like the Brotherhood against Lessers..as long as you can justify it..LOL)

8. Read a book that has a "male profile" on the cover. (Be sure to post the cover. Let's see if its drool-worthy..LOL)

9. Read a book that is part of a series. (Don't forget to name the series and what Book number it is.)

message 26: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 27, 2009 01:48PM) (new)

Stephanie 1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with "A".
Caught-Jami Alden
Bet Me-Tasha's List

Saving Grace-Julie Garwood
5. Read a book that has "one word" for its title. (Ex. Bitten, Decadent, Addicted, etc.)
Swing-Opal Carew
Romeo, Romeo-Robin Kaye

Lucky Charm (Lucky trilogy #1) by Carly Phillips Lucky Charm-Carly Phillips
Hot Stuff-(Hot Zone series)-Carly Phillips

message 27: by Lori (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) @Stephanie...I'll be interested to hear what you think about Swing. I know several people loved it and while the sex was blazing hot...I didn't love it as much as I thought I would.

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I have been putting off reading it for a while. I have been into the lighter romances recently. I love blazing hot sex but, there has to be a story.

message 29: by Amber (last edited Mar 27, 2009 07:19PM) (new)

Amber Gray | 715 comments My list for April so far.

No Rest For The Wiccan - Madelyn Alt

Dangerous Secrets - Lisa Marie Rice (Tasha's SHelf)

Sex & The Single Ghost - Tawny Taylor

Fallen - Celeste Bradley

TBD

TBD

TBD

TBD

message 30: by Susan (last edited Apr 25, 2009 09:18PM) (new)

Susan | 15 comments 1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with "A".
Men of the Otherworld - Kelly Armstrong

The Spellman Files - Lisa Lutz (Sarah's Bookshelf)

3. Read a book whose author, setting or character is from California. (Suggestions for this category is welcome on this thread.)
California Girl - T. Jefferson Parker

Kushiel's Dart - Jacqueline Carey

Nation - Terry Pratchett

Bless Your Heart, Tramp - Celia Rivenbank

TBD

TBD

The Secret Life of Bryan - Lori Foster (Visitation, NC #2)

Girl Meets God: A Memoir - Lauren F. Winner

message 31: by Jane(Janelba) (last edited Apr 13, 2009 02:32PM) (new)

Jane(Janelba) (Janelba) | 769 comments 1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with "A".
Pride of Lancashire - Anna Jacobs

Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris (Sarah's Shelf) -

3. Read a book whose author, setting or character is from California. (Suggestions for this category is welcome on this thread.)
A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini (he lives in north california !) - 02 April 2009

Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens

Inkheart - Cornelia Funke

TBD

Suite Française - Irène Némirovsky

Once Upon A Valentine's (Harlequin American Romance Series) by Holly Jacobs - Once Upon A Valentine's - Holly Jacobs - 01/04/09

Cutwork(needlework mystery book 7) - Monica Ferris - 04/04/09

The Tenth Circle - Jodi Picoult

I'm aiming for 5 but may manage more !
Pride of Lancashire by Anna Jacobs Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 1) by Charlaine Harris [image error] Oliver Twist (Penguin Popular Classics) by Charles Dickens Inkheart (Book 1) by Cornelia Funke Suite Française  by Irène Némirovsky Once Upon A Valentine's (Harlequin American Romance Series) by Holly Jacobs Cutwork (Needlecraft Mystery, Book 7) by Monica Ferris The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult

message 32: by Melody (new)

Melody (Melos) | 692 comments Ok, let's see if I can make this work. :O)

1. A...........................Private Party - Jami Alden
2. B-Day....................Romeo, Romeo - Robin Kaye (Tasha's currently reading)
3. California..............How to Knit a Wild Bikini - Christie Ridgway
4. Oldest TBR book...Bride of a Wicked Scotsman - Samantha James
5. Single Word...........Stray - Rachel Vincent
6. Funny....................Sex & the Immortal Bad Boy - Stephanie Rowe
7. War.......................Eternal Pleasure - Nina Bangs
8. Male Profile..........Wicked Pleasure - Lora Leigh
9. Part of Series.........Loose and Easy - Tara Janzen (Steele Street, Book 9)
10. Pick-It-For-Me....

Private Party by Jami Alden [image error] How to Knit a Wild Bikini by Christie Ridgway Bride of a Wicked Scotsman by Samantha James Stray (Werecats, Book 1) by Rachel Vincent Sex & the Immortal Bad Boy (Immortally Sexy, Book 4) by Stephanie Rowe [image error] [image error] Loose and Easy (Steele Street #9) by Tara Janzen

message 33: by Kasia (last edited Mar 29, 2009 06:37AM) (new)

Kasia Susan, Melody get an avatar! You'd want to stand up on your own, the "no photo" icon is doing nothing for ya.

No pressure though. (Pressure, pressure, pressure - kidding)

message 34: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Oh, I just noticed, Melody - we're both are gonna be reading Stray. How fun?!

message 35: by Anna (last edited Mar 31, 2009 06:47AM) (new)

Anna | 39 comments My April Challenge
1. A Name book: The Luxe by Anna Godbersen(The Luxe series book 1)
2. April B-Day: Every Breath You Take by Judith McNaught ( From Tasha’s Favorites)
3. California : Freshman by Michael Gerber(author is from California)
4. Oldest: Boy Toy by Barry Lyga (I had to pick number 8 because that was one of the first that I added that is on the shelves and since I added most of my books at the same time.)
5. One Word: Ransom by Julie Garwood (Book 2 in Highlands’ Lairds series)
6. Funny: Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson (Book 1 in Katie Chandler Series)
7. War Background: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (Book 1 in Black Dagger Brotherhood)
8. Male Profile: Never Dare A Duke By Gayle Callen (Book 2 in Sons of Scandal Series)
http://www.dm.net/~gaylecallen/never%...

9. Series Book: Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast (House of Night Series Book 1)
10. Reader’s Choice: Second Sight by Amanda Quick (Arcane Society Series Book 1)

message 36: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennann5212) | 1 comments 1.Bachelors of Broken Hill by Arthur W. Upfield
2. Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carell (from Sarah's list)
3. Swimming to Antartica by Lynn Cox (sorry they don't have this book listed so I can't link to it.) The author lives in CA
4. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
5. Neverwhere A Novelby Neil Gaiman
6. The Year of Living Biblically One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible As Literally As Possible by AJ Jacobs
7. In Pale Battalions by Robert Goddard
8. Strictly Love by Julia Williams
9. Aunt Dimity's Good Deed by Nancy Atherton
10. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

message 37: by Melody (new)

Melody (Melos) | 692 comments Kasia wrote: "Susan, Melody get an avatar! ...
No pressure though. (Pressure, pressure, pressure - kidding)"

Get an avatar?? Get an avatar?! But that little brown book-girl looks sooo much like me!! Or she did before I pulled out all my hair from the pressure!! :O)

But really, it's on my to-do list -- just after getting my computer to recognize my password (surely I'm not remembering it incorrectly!).

And I hope Stray is a fun read. It hasn't come into my library yet, so I haven't had a chance to look it over. In any case, even a bad book is better shared, right? :O)

message 38: by Kasia (new)

Kasia LOL, high hopes for Stray here as well

message 39: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I'm reading Stray, too. It's a BOM read in one of the groups.

message 40: by Susan (new)

Susan | 15 comments Why didn't tell me this no-avatar made my butt look big?

I'll see what I can find...

message 41: by Annie (new)

Annie (themadnessofhamsters) My initial thoughts on what I'll hunt down...
A notorious proposition by Adele Ashworth.

Scent of darkness by Christina Dodd. On Tasha's shelf.

Fire rose by Mercedes Lackey.

I've just re-read #1... so #2...
Linnets and Valerians by Elizabeth Goudge.

Insatiable by Virginia Henley.

Love you to death by Amy Garvey.

Eye of the storm by Maura Seger. A nostalgic re-read...

The beginning by Shiloh Walker - assuming this counts as a profile...
Hunters The Beginning (Hunters #1 & 2) by Shiloh Walker

Dragonheart by Todd McCaffrey - Dragonriders of Pern #20

message 42: by DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (last edited Apr 01, 2009 07:44AM) (new)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) My list thus far...

1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with "A". The Nymphos of Rocky Flats – Mario Acevedo
2. Read a book picked from an April B-Day celebrant GR shelf. The Summoning – Kelley Armstrong (Sarah’s Shelf)
3. Read a book whose author, setting or character is from California. Red-Headed Stepchild - Jaye Wells
4. Read the oldest book added to your Good Reads TBR shelf. Industrial Magic – Kelley Armstrong
5. Read a book that has "one word" for its title. Stray – Rachel Vincent
6. Read a book that you heard or think would be "funny". Fire Me Up – Katie MacAlister
7. Read a book that has some kind of WAR as a backdrop. Lover Avenged – J.R. Ward
8. Read a book that has a "male profile" on the cover. Nightlife - Rob Thurman
9. Read a book that is part of a series. Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) – Larissa Ione
10. Reader's Choice or if you joined the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge, your recommended book. Wolf at the Door - Christine Warren

The Nymphos of Rocky Flats (Felix Gomez, Book 1) by Mario Acevedo The Summoning (The Darkest Powers 1) by Kelley Armstrong Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, Book 1) by Jaye Wells Industrial Magic (Women of the Underworld, Book 4) by Kelley Armstrong Stray (Werecats, Book 1) by Rachel Vincent Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey, Guardian, Book 2) by Katie MacAlister Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 7) by J.R. Ward Nightlife (Cal Leandros, Book 1) by Rob Thurman Passion Unleashed (Demonica, Book 3) by Larissa Ione Wolf at the Door (The Others, Book 1) by Christine Warren

message 43: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Hi DarkHeart, solid list (and we have Stray again, LOL). Welcome to the group!

message 44: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Awesome avatar Susan! Moderating is a rewarding business, sometimes.

That's you right? Such a warm, friendly face (and HOT - don't forget hot).

The big butt thing is long forgotten.

message 45: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments okay, this is getting me jealous. I have to put my covers up too. It makes the thread pretty..LOL

message 46: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Splash of color, right? LOL

message 47: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments You said it, Kasia...LOL

message 48: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 1173 comments 1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with "A". Atlantis Rising by Alyssa Day.

6. Read a book that you heard or think would be "funny" . (You know, April's Fools and all..LOL) The Red-Hot Cajun by Sandra Hill.

9. Read a book that is part of a series. (Don't forget to name the series and what Book number it is.) Highland Guardian by Melissa Mayhue. Daughters of the Glen series, book 2.

message 49: by Susan (new)

Susan | 15 comments Yes Kasia, that's me. It's from our company's holiday party. And thank you for the compliments - I like that picture.

message 50: by Danielle (last edited Mar 30, 2009 01:53PM) (new)

Danielle (ielfling) Kasia, just nicking your shorthand for each category, seems like a nice way to list :)

1. A...............The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes by Anne Stuart, Jennifer Crusie and Eileen Dreyer
4. Oldest...................House of the Stag by Kage Baker
6. Funny....................Don't Look Down by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer
9. Part of a Series.........Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine, book #2 of the Morganville Vampires series
10. Reader's Choice....Un Lun Dun by China Miéville

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.