Start by marking “Wild Star (Star, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wild Star (Star, #3)

Wild Star

(Star Quartet #3)

Brent Hammond is as handsome as sin and wilder than an unbroken stallion. When he meets Byrony by chance, he's charmed. But when he sees her again, as the petted wife of an older rich man, he's chagrined. Until her life is threatened—and he discovers that only he can protect her...
Published March 1st 2002 by Signet (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Star

Start your review of Wild Star (Star, #3)
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jul 31, 2010 rated it it was ok
It's like a repeat of my review for "The Coming Home Place." How much pain should one heroine have to endure? She deserved a freaking parade and a lifetime supply of chocolate!!!
Riccarla Roman
Jun 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wild Star is a bodice ripper in the best sense of the word. The hero, Brent, is banished from his plantation home after his father catches him with his stepmother.

Jump ahead ten years and we meet our heroine, Byrony, has returned from 19 years in Boston where she lived with her aunt, who has just passed away. Byrony's father is an abusive lout who beats her and accuses her of being a slut. She ends up married off to an older distant cousin, who wants her to claim his half-sister's baby as her ow
Brenda Allen
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love how she connects her books together in her trilogies.
Olga Goa
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brent Hammond is one of the badasses, the most arrogant bad boy in this series. I suppose this book is not for readers who loves Prince Charming or other men who are perfect, without lacks - they are so sweet and gently. No. I can say, this book closer to the dark romance genre. So if you do not like suspense romance, you need to read Pride and Prejudice.

This story includes some triggers like incest love, abuse in the family, kidnapping. If you are not okay with it, better not to read.

Well, wha
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love it
M.A. Levi
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Amazing book, Just amazing. It has a great story line through out the whole thing. It just keeps getting better and better with the whole baby cover up story and then the Lusty, hussy stepmother. It's wonderful the hero and the heroine, I couldn't put the book down most of the time. It kept you on edge somewhat. This book has it all action, drama, TONS of romance, sad and happy times and love-able and also hate-able characters and my favorite a happy ending (not to sound corny) that true love co ...more
Annette Meier
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great locale, and good story. Too bad the storyline ended with do many loose ends. This narrator gets better with each story!
Amanda
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I found the heroine quite frustrating. She stands up to her father's abuse, but sits down and takes it from both husbands and her mother in law? And the happily ever after is with a verbally abusive and emotionally unstable man? I enjoyed parts of the book, but I kept waiting for the hero and heroine to grow up. And the ending was rather like the author got tired of her own story and was ready for it to be over.
Lisa
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good book, but could have been such a great one if it didn’t have parts in it that dragged on and on and lots of parts that were exactly the same just taking place in a different day or place. The over all story is a great one and did keep my interest.
Andy
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Prefer her FBI novels. I think this was her early stuff before she hit her stride
Joy
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only thing keeping me from giving this 5 stars is the use of the "n" word. I know that it was widely used back when this story took place but still not a fan of it.
Stephanie
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
The story was well written and interesting but the back and forth between Byron’s and Brent got annoying very quickly.
Kim Vogel
Sep 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
The only reason I finished this book is that I was on a road trip and my friend brought it to listen to. I was too polite to toss it out the window.
Diana
Jan 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
Maggie
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
The writing distracted me from this story:

On every page of this book one or more of these actions seemed to be repeated: eyes were narrowed, brows were raised or arched, fingers ran through hair, heads were pillowed on arms, hands were fisted, people burst into laughter, characters threw back their heads and laughed, someone wanted to kill someone else, women were called sluts, men were called bastards (didn't realize 21st century profanity was in such common use back then) etc.

If repetitive wri
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Is this supposed to be one of those Greek Comedies? W.T.H?

1. Abusive father
2. Forced marriage to relative
3. Baby mama's baby forced on our heroine

It goes on. Maybe it's an episode of Jerry Springer? Perhaps...Brent and Byrony are bumbling boobs at times. Still it's a Ms. Coulter story with some wacky fun and amusement.
Missy
Mar 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
The book is good, that much is true.

There are some parts that make me go "Um, eww".

Brother/sister incest

Sex with step-mom.

Etc.

The story is good, but blech, could have done without that.
Alisha
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.85
Apr 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
Predictable. Lame female characters. Don't bother.
Luckngrace
Sep 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Read all the star series. Very entertaining even if I do sometimes skip the "hot" parts.
Kate
Mar 05, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked this one a lot more than the last one, although I think I'm missing a volume, since some recurring characters seem to have gotten married in the interim.
Tammy
Dec 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, donated
Highly emotional with huge communication issues from 1850's California to a Mississippi plantation and back.
Lesley
Aug 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
loved it!
NatalyaVqs
Apr 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: nook
Great sexual tension, catchy story. Not quite sure why he had to be so mean to her.
K
Apr 22, 2013 added it
pitch
Lesli
May 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r-1996, fiction
Good not great. Fairly typical historical romance.
Carol Anderson
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Star series #3
Jaymi
Nov 29, 2010
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. whats the name if this book? [s] 4 57 Nov 21, 2019 06:44PM

• The Art of Deception
  • Sanctuary
  • Blithe Images
  • No Safe Secret
  • Up Close and Personal
  • Hideaway (The Godmothers #6.25)
  • Plain Jane
  • Spirited Away (The Godmothers #6.5)
  • Gift of Gold (Gift, #1)
  • One Wore Blue (Cameron Saga: Civil War Trilogy, #1)
  • Celebration
  • Love by Degree
  • Flash and Bones (Temperance Brennan, #14)
  • Remember Me
  • The Bracelet  (Wedding Cake Mystery, #1.5)
  • Husband for Hire (Heart of the West/Bachelor Auction, #1)
  • The Gemini Effect
  • Love's Encore

Star Quartet (4 books)
  • Evening Star
  • Midnight Star (Star, #2)
  • Jade Star (Star, #4)