Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

BOOKS! > Books You Have Read More Than Once

Comments Showing 1-50 of 253 (253 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Since my tbr is getting bigger so fast, I don't have enough time to read a book more than once.

But I used to reread a lot of books before, such as The Bride Price A Novel by Buchi Emecheta A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens David Copperfield by Charles Dickens ...

message 2: by Sara (last edited Dec 19, 2012 08:07PM) (new)

Sara Shrieves (sarashrieves) | 17 comments Mine are The Talisman by Stephen King The Dark Tower Series Collection The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, The Waste Lands, Wizard and Glass, Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah, The Dark Tower by Stephen King The Clan of the Cave Bear, the Valley of Horses, the Mammoth Hunters, the Plains of Passage, The Shelters of Stone (Earth's Children, #1-5) by Jean M. Auel The Last Vampire Collector's Edition Volume 1 (The Last Vampire, #1-3) by Christopher Pike

And then when I feel up to it any other book will suffice. :) Those are just always my first picks for some reason.

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I rarely reread now. Too many new books I want to read :)

message 4: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 322 comments Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3) by L.J. Smith The Forbidden Game (The Forbidden Game, #1-3) by L.J. Smith These books nver fail to interest me!!! Love them :D

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Beastly by Alex Flinn. Read it three times then let a friend borrow it and never got it back.

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Tracy wrote: "Beastly by Alex Flinn. Read it three times then let a friend borrow it and never got it back."

Some friend :(

message 7: by Libbie (last edited Dec 20, 2012 04:42AM) (new)

Libbie This is going to be a looooong list:

The Stand by Stephen King The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Harry Potter Boxed Set (Harry Potter #1-6) by J.K. Rowling Darkest Powers Trilogy (Darkest Powers, #1-3) by Kelley Armstrong The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset (The Hunger Games, #1-3) by Suzanne Collins The Glass Lake by Maeve Binchy The Talisman by Stephen King Black House by Stephen King

And that's not all of them, and not all the ones where I've read the book *and* listened to the audiobook.

message 8: by Doruntina (new)

Doruntina | 55 comments All series of Harry Potter, at least 6 times each. Than: A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton The twilight Saga Series, the Iron Fey series, Hex Hall #1, and others i cant remember right now lol

message 9: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Dori wrote: "All series of Harry Potter, at least 6 times each. Than: A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton The twilight Saga Series, the Iron Fey series, Hex Hall #1, and others i cant remember right now lol"

You reread Harry Potter at least 6 times? WOW :D

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara Shrieves (sarashrieves) | 17 comments Libbie wrote: "This is going to be a looooong list:

The Stand by Stephen KingThe Twilight Saga by Stephenie MeyerThe Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter Boxed Set (Harry Potter #1-6) by J.K. Rowling[bookcover:Darkest Powers Tri..."

Good Stephen King choices! ;)

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara Shrieves (sarashrieves) | 17 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I rarely reread now. Too many new books I want to read :)"

Me too!! It makes me sad but then at the the same time I'm excited for the new things coming along. Weird to feel that way lol. Makes me think of that old scout song, "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold." Ha ha.

message 12: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Sara wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "I rarely reread now. Too many new books I want to read :)"

Me too!! It makes me sad but then at the the same time I'm excited for the new things coming along. Weird to feel that..."

Well said :)

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Sarajayne wrote: "I've read almost every book in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series 2-3times, except for a couple of the newer ones. There's almost 40 books in the series-but they're that good :)"

I think I will use my gift card to buy the first in this series just to find out its awesomeness :)

message 15: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments Off the top of my head: Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon #1) by Dan Brown Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson Cut by Patricia McCormick

message 16: by Mary (new)

Mary Dempsey (BigonBooks) Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Twilight and Percy Jackson.

message 17: by Mel (last edited Dec 27, 2012 02:08AM) (new)

Mel | 200 comments A few that come to mind right off are Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3) by L.J. Smith The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore Stake That! (Blood Coven Vampire, #2) by Mari Mancusi Once in a Full Moon (Full Moon, #1) by Ellen Schreiber The Curse Girl by Kate Avery Ellison Night World, No. 3 (Night World, #7-9) by L.J. Smith Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore

message 18: by Melodie (new)

Melodie | 35 comments flat out love and beautiful disaster !

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Sagey wrote: "Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie MeyerEclipse (Twilight #3) by Stephenie MeyerPerfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone ElkelesRules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2) by Simone ElkelesChain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3) by Simone Elkeles[bookcove..."

I could see myself reading Perfect Chemistry again, but not Twilight :)

message 21: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (tezbuzz) | 46 comments There are a fair few- here's some of my favourites.
Coram Boy by Jamila Gavin The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5, Part 1) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset (The Hunger Games, #1-3) by Suzanne Collins The Little House Collection (Little House, #1-9) by Laura Ingalls Wilder Warlock by Wilbur A. Smith

message 22: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I loveed Harry Potter too, but they are too long for me to reread :)

message 23: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (AshhReads) | 17 comments The Twilight Books, the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books, Keeping the Moon, Romeo and Juliet...

message 24: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I have read Romeo and Juliet so many times too :)

message 25: by Jay (new)

Jay | 5197 comments Harry potter and Hunger Games

message 26: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Loved both series :)

message 27: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) SERIES:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Wicked Appetite (Lizzy & Diesel, #1) by Janet Evanovich Seven Deadly Wonders (Jack West Jr, #1) by Matthew Reilly Sandstorm (Sigma Force, #1) by James Rollins Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1) by Beth Fantaskey One For The Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich . I've read most of these so many times that I've lost count :)

STAND ALONE:
Dreamcatcher by Stephen King Bag of Bones by Stephen King Watchers by Dean Koontz

SERIES I KNOW I WILL READ AGAIN (but haven't had a chance to yet):
Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1) by Lia Habel City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

Before August of this year (when I really started getting involved in the groups here on goodreads) I reread all of the books that were already published in a series when the newest book came out, so I only listed the books that are on my favorite shelf. If I would have listed them all then it would have taken me forever to put them all on here. Lol.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Alice in wonderland, mrs peregrines home for peculiar children, the help and the hunger games series. I love all of these books so much!

message 29: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Jalyn wrote: "SERIES:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. RowlingTwilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie MeyerBeautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami GarciaDivergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth[bookcover:A Great and Terrible Beauty|3682..."

These are a lot Jayne! :)

message 30: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Shayna wrote: "Alice in wonderland, mrs peregrines home for peculiar children, the help and the hunger games series. I love all of these books so much!"

I have read Alice in Wonderland a few times too :)

message 31: by Alice (new)

Alice (alice20) I've probably read every single book I've ever liked at least once. I know, I have a problem.
Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Harry Potter Boxset (Harry Potter, #1-7) by J.K. Rowling The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card ... and A LOT more that I can't think of at the top of my head.

message 32: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Ann (thefictionalfairy) | 345 comments Harry Potter series, The Body of Christopher Creed, For Mike, and some others I can't think of right now.

message 33: by Susan (new)

Susan I've read the Twilight series at least 3 time! well before the movies came out the movies don't even compare !

message 34: by Susan (new)

Susan Gisbelle wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "SERIES:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. RowlingTwilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie MeyerBeautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, # 1) by Kami GarciaDivergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth[bookcover:A Great and Terrib..."

So how was beautiful creatures? I've been thinking about read this before go see the movie. But was not sure...is it a series of books or stand alone?

message 35: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Susan- There is four main books in that series with one book being in between two main ones...if that makes sense!

message 36: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 108 comments Harry Potter of course, and I've also read Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman so many times that the book is beginning to look really tattered!

message 37: by Susan (new)

Susan Jacquelyn wrote: "Susan- There is four main books in that series with one book being in between two main ones...if that makes sense!"

Yes that makes sense. Must be a short book in between right? I'm going to check it out on fantastic fiction so I make sure to read them in order. Could spoil the movie for me though, you know how generally the movie never lives up to the readers expectations.

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma Winter | 35 comments I have read all the Twilight saga books at least 3 times and all the books in The Hunger Games Trilogy multiple times.

message 39: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments I must have read the Harry Potter series at least 50 times lol obsessed! I read them once last year :)
Also Reread
The Lord of the Rings
Artemis Fowl series
The Supernaturalist
Vampire Academy(only first book)
Teen Idol
Eragon
Percy Jackson
Heroes of Olympus

what I will Reread
Perks of Being a Wallflower
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Rest of Vampire Academy
Rest of Eragon series

message 40: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 108 comments The hobbit. I read it over and over as a kid. Oh, and the Narnia books!

message 41: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments Oops! I forgot Hobbit and Narnia!! Love them both!

message 42: by Mimi (last edited Feb 20, 2013 03:54PM) (new)

Mimi | 205 comments All of the Harry Potter's, for about three years I just reread the HP series over and over, I must've read them 100 times. I've also reread The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan , The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan , End of the Alphabet by Fleur Beale and Luna by Julie Anne Peters

message 43: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments Same here Mimi I could not get enough of Harry Potter, especially when it ended

message 44: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 108 comments I think I've reread the entire HP series three times now. I want to do it again soon. I don't think it's possible to get sick of them.

message 45: by Gabs (new)

Gabs I have read the original Warriors series at least twice, and I have read Peter Pan around three times. I have read Anne of Green Gables around four times, and the rest of the series around 3. I've also read the first three Peter and the Starcatchers about two times, and Johnny Tremain three times. Those are just a few examples, I love rereading books. :)

message 46: by Mara (new)

Mara (maraanne) | 707 comments I can't really count all of the books/series I have read more than once, but here are a few:

A Little Princess and The Secret Garden
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Ranger's Apprentice - the first 4 books
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
The Roman Mysteries
Enola Holmes Mysteries

Those are jus the ones I can think of off the top of my head, though I know there's tons more. ASOUE is probably the most re-read series on my shelf, though.

message 47: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 108 comments I love a series of Unfortunate Events! I'm collecting them all right now!

message 48: by Emily (new)

message 49: by Mara (new)

Mara (maraanne) | 707 comments Erin wrote: "I love a series of Unfortunate Events! I'm collecting them all right now!"
Aren't they just too awesome? One of the bizarrest series I have ever read, and also one of the most deliciously frustrating, but I love 'em to death.

message 50: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 108 comments Mara wrote: "Erin wrote: "I love a series of Unfortunate Events! I'm collecting them all right now!"
Aren't they just too awesome? One of the bizarrest series I have ever read, and also one of the most deliciou..."

I know! They're totally frustrating aren't they? But you can't help but love them! I love weird stuff like that and wish I knew more books like them! Also, the author, Lemoney Snicket is wonderful. He's so eccentric and funny!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6