The Doctor Rules!!!!!! discussion

Randomness > Sherlock

Comments (showing 1-50 of 277) (277 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 1145 comments Mod
I've noticed a lot of talk about the show Sherlock here so here is an entire thread where the show can be discussed.

message 2: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 1507 comments I've heard of it but never seen it :P

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Janeen. You. Must. See. It. Season 1 & 2 are at my library, maybe they're in yours! It is epic! Steven Moffat is the co-creator and co-writer so you know it has a great plot! They are like mini-movies though (about 90 min each) so plan accordingly!!!

message 4: by Axela (new)

Axela | 415 comments SHERLOCK IS AMAZING OH MY GOD SMART IS THE NEW SEXY AND I DON'T EVEN ROLL THAT WAY

I LOVE THIS MAN I WISH HE AND THE DOCTOR WOULD MEET THE ACTORS KNOW EACH OTHER IN REAL LIFE AND MATT SMITH CALLS HIM "SHERLY"

SHERLY

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FANGIRLINGGGGGGGGGGGG

message 5: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Are you talking about the PBS series Sherlock? The one where Watson is the actor is who playing the Hobbit? Wouldn't that be a hoot ... to have The Doctor and Sherlock to work on a case together! Of course I know they couldn't do it because Holmes could never accept as "logical" either the concept of traveling in space or a Time Lord. Can you just imagine Sherlock Holmes (any portrayer just the character himself) Exploring the whole "Bigger on the inside" Tardis in a police box.
I've also come to enjoy Thursday night's "Elementary" and the concept of having a Joan Watson as his companion.

message 6: by David (new)

David Manuel | 5 comments Amazing that I just watched the sixth (and for now final) episode on Netflix and then found this thread. Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are brilliant, as is the updating of old Sherlock stories into modern London. If you haven't seen this, you must. And if you have Netflix streaming, all six episodes are available.

And yes, pairing Cumberbatch and David Tennant would be brilliant.

message 7: by Lucrezia (last edited Nov 25, 2012 10:34PM) (new)

Lucrezia  | 12 comments Look how many sherlock fans!! Yay!! :)

Sherlock is certainly one of the best tv shows of the last years.
It's absolutely brilliant how Moffat and Gatiss have managed to remain faithful to the essence of Doyle's canon, despite setting the whole thing in the modern age.
I remember I was a bit sceptical at the beginning but 5 minutes into the show and my doubts dissolved instantly.
The dialogue is extremely clever and witty and the chemistry between Cumberbatch and Freeman works perfectly.
It's really a masterpiece!

On the contrary, I'm not sure of CBS Elementary. I think it's a nice crime show but it's not Sherlock Holmes..The plotting is weak, the deductions are simplistic and there is no suspense at all. And sometimes it gets a bit ludicrous..
It has nothing to do with Conan Doyle's ingenious stories.

Doctor Who and Sherlock crossover?? Why yes!
My dream is a Doctor Who episode in which the Doctor (Ten, preferably) meets Sherlock and John! Modern age, Victorian age.. doesn't matter!
That would be soooo awesome!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have Sherlock in my netflix box to watch (after Firefly) but I have seen a couple minutes here and there and LOVE it.

As for a Doctor Who Sherlock crossover, I know Matt (i think it was Matt, could have been David but one of them) said he would like the doctor to just walk in the background in a scene in Sherlock.

message 9: by David (new)

David Manuel | 5 comments Lindsey wrote: "I have Sherlock in my netflix box to watch (after Firefly) but I have seen a couple minutes here and there and LOVE it.

As for a Doctor Who Sherlock crossover, I know Matt (i think it was Matt, c..."

Hey, Firefly was awesome, too!

message 10: by Axela (new)

Axela | 415 comments I thought I saw Eleven in one of the scenes in Sherlock already! Maybe I was hallucinating because I wanted it so badly, but I totally thought I saw a cameo of the Doctor in the background. I refuse to go and re-evaluate what I saw because if I'm wrong, it'll break me. :P

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Does anybody else find Watson/ Martin Freeman REALLY Rory-like? I saw him and immediatly was like, "OMG, Rory!" Also saw "A Scandal in Belgravia".

I Am
|S|h|e|r|

"I've got that on a T-Shirt."
-Blink

It seriously should be on a T-Shirt!

message 12: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 1507 comments Lindsey wrote: "I have Sherlock in my netflix box to watch (after Firefly) but I have seen a couple minutes here and there and LOVE it.

As for a Doctor Who Sherlock crossover, I know Matt (i think it was Matt, c..."

That would be AWESOME!!!!!

message 13: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 1507 comments Kirsty ~ Bow Ties Are Cool wrote: "Does anybody else find Watson/ Martin Freeman REALLY Rory-like? I saw him and immediatly was like, "OMG, Rory!" Also saw "A Scandal in Belgravia".

I Am
|S|h|e|r|

"I've got that on a T-S..."

lol yeah it SHOULD be on a T-shirt!! :D

message 14: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments I really want to make a SHERlocked t-shirt after I'm done with my Dalek bearing tea one.

message 15: by David (new)

David Manuel | 5 comments Actually there's a bumper sticker that reads "I've been Cumberbatched!"

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha! That's hilarious!

Oh, and does anybody else find Watson/ Martin Freeman REALLY Rory-like?

message 17: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments He is a bit Rory-ish, isn't he? :) So good, awkward, can deal with anything that comes, and is very humble. No wonder Peter Jackson wanted him to play Biblo.

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments I love Martin Freeman! I think he's my favorite actor right now :)
And I love the way you all refer to him as Sherlock's companion... Fortunately, I don't think we'll ever see the end of this companion

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, but knowing Moffat...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I have now gotten around to starting Sherlock on Nextflix and I'm only 12 minutes into it and LOVE it.

message 21: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments I'm so glad! It's my second favorite show!

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments I saw the first two episodes this week. I'm in!

message 23: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments There is one episode I didn't like; Scandel in Belgravia. But you have to watch it for the series plot I think. And of course it's easy to skip when you rewatch the series

message 24: by Zohal (new)

Zohal | 202 comments I always thought John was Rory-like. He has that same type of personality. He is very pragmatic like Rory.
I also did not like 'a scandal in belgravia' which I watched for the first time yesterday when I started season 2.

I can only watch Sherlock when I am in the mood for thinking. That is why it takes months for me to just watch three episodes.

message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments I watched all three first series episodes in a day XD
It was brilliant!

message 26: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments Ebony~My God's not dead, He's surely ALIVE! wrote: "There is one episode I didn't like; Scandel in Belgravia. But you have to watch it for the series plot I think. And of course it's easy to skip when you rewatch the series"

Wow, you didn't like A Scandal in Belgravia? That's my favorite episode, besides The Reichenbach Fall. Nobody should skip that episode. I love Irene Adler and how damaged and complicated she is. Her relationship with Sherlock was brilliant, and I love how it built upon what the original story gave us. The flirting was exquisite, as well.

message 27: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments Uh no, I hated it. There was no emotion in the story. And she marries a lawyer and never contacts Holmes again.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments Finished first season in like a week. I love it. Hopefully will watch the rest this week.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments Finished! In less than a week!

Oh my god. The feels. It hurts.

message 30: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments It does, doesn't it? :(

Also, welcome to the Sherlock waiting game, as we impatiently pine for Series 3.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments In glad I have people to wait with :)
Lol the emotional scars I get from television ;)

message 32: by Zohal (new)

Zohal | 202 comments I am only on season 2 episode 2. I have to really be in the mood to watch.

message 33: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments Isabelle wrote: "I am only on season 2 episode 2. I have to really be in the mood to watch."

I don't blame you. I'm doing the same thing with Firefly as I slowly try to finish it. Once I reach the end of Firefly and watch Serenity it will break my heart. :'(

message 34: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments Yes, it will, savor the episodes while you can! :,(

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments Yeah, in six months I watched all six and a half seasons of NewWho, the full one season of firefly (Serenity is soon!) and the 6 episodes of Sherlock. I don't know what to do now.

message 36: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments STAR TREK! :D

message 37: by David (new)

David Manuel | 5 comments Eris Clara Oswald wrote: "Isabelle wrote: "I am only on season 2 episode 2. I have to really be in the mood to watch."

I don't blame you. I'm doing the same thing with Firefly as I slowly try to finish it. Once I reach the..."

Firefly was great. Even my wife liked it, and she's no fan of sci-fi.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments Eris Clara Oswald wrote: "STAR TREK! :D"

Perhaps. Perhaps.

message 39: by Eris Vianney (last edited Dec 28, 2012 03:36PM) (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments I just watched Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, and I think it's my favorite Star Trek movie so far, even though I'm more of a TNG girl. The dark atmosphere and murder mystery really intrigued me, and I liked how they dealt with the original Star Trek cast retiring. This theme also kinda won me over from the beginning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0yiii... The choir is singing "To be or not to be" in Klingon, by the way. So cool.

Unfortunately, most of the TNG movies sucked. First Contact was pretty good, but the Borg Queen wasn't that imposing. And Data having sex with her! Euh. Nemesis is underrated and I liked the idea of what they were trying to go for, but there were a lot of flaws. Not as bad as Insurrection, though...

And I apologize for going off-topic!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮-ωα ⊰♡1017 & ♡ Tardis!⊱ wrote: "Yeah, in six months I watched all six and a half seasons of NewWho, the full one season of firefly (Serenity is soon!) and the 6 episodes of Sherlock. I don't know what to do now."

I was the same. I watched all six and half seasons of New Doctor Who, Firefly + Serenity, and the 6 episodes of Sherlock in 4 1/2 months. And this was during a semester of college this year, I don't know how I got the grades I did. Maybe because everything related to one of the shows. In a couple days I plan on starting Torchwood to help with the blank time.

message 41: by Axela (new)

Axela | 415 comments LOL replace Firefly with Sherlock and I did the exact same thing, college and all, Lindsey.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments I watched the first season of torchwood too! Not to mention keeping up with the 10+ shows I follow weekly! And read like 25 books!

message 43: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments I have a question; do you guys sleep AT ALL?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

No usually do not sleep, but I don't need a lot of sleep. Plus I watch most of my shows like Doctor Who, Sherlock, Firefly, Torchwood and some of my American shows on my laptop. Which is with me all the time at school therefore allowing me to watch shows while do school work on my breaks which tend to be two to three hour breaks.

message 45: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments I need my sleep :)
Also, don't you need to study? What's your major? I know if my brother (civil engineering major) didn't study he probably wouldn't be able to keep his scholarships. But my sister (fine arts major) would be able to get away with it.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a child Development Major going into teaching for Special Education. I have always been able to do my work and about a million other things at once. Just this semster with all the shows I watched and the books that I read I was able to get 3 A's and 2 B's. There has only been one semester that I got lower then a C and that was because of something else. I think what helps me is I some how relate what I'm watching to what I'm learning and it helps me remember the material. I talked about Doctor Who in three different papers that talked about a teenagers development and media, along with a couple other shows.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Also by the time I get home from either school, work, my internship I don't want to go out so I get into comfy clothes and curl up to watch TV and/or read a book.

message 48: by Zohal (new)

Zohal | 202 comments I am on holidays from school till the end of January so I have heaps of time to read and catch up on so many shows such as
-pretty little liars
-gossip girl
-vampire diaries
-the lying game
-Sherlock
-Psych

Plus a lot of movies like
-Jumanji
-the Truman show
-the breakfast club
-the nightmare before Christmas.

And heaps more.

So yeah ...

message 49: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments Ok, so some of the time I spend texting/hanging our with my friends (which is a lot) you spend watching a screen or reading? Fair enough. I'm a social butterfly according to my mom

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't get me wrong. I don't spend all my time watching TV but when you go to school for 9 hours plus, you work, and an internship sometimes you don't want to go out at night. But I do hang out with my friends, I could never just stay home. I text too but most of the time I will talk with my friends on the phone when I have time.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6