Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Own the Wind (Chaos, #1)
This topic is about Own the Wind
Group Reads > Own the Wind, Buddy Reading Thread :)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 838) (838 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

message 1: by Leea (last edited Oct 08, 2012 10:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea For You (The 'Burg, #1) by Kristen Ashley At Peace (The 'Burg, #2) by Kristen Ashley Golden Trail (The 'Burg, #3) by Kristen Ashley Games of the Heart (The 'Burg, #4) by Kristen Ashley Frankie and Benny (The 'Burg, #5) by Kristen Ashley

Place where we can chat about our buddy read of Kristen Ashley's The Burg Series.

***Watch out for Spoilers***

message 2: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments Looking forward to chatting about Golden Trail.

I don't recall any of these characters being mentioned in the first two of this series.

Leea Which ones? You mean Rocky and Layne?

Leea I read a few more chapters this morning. 18% Chapter 7... I need to know what happened between them and NOW!

message 5: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments Leea wrote: "Which ones? You mean Rocky and Layne?"

All the ones in this one...Layne, Rocky, Merry. Especially Merry considering he's a cop.

message 6: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments Same here Leea. I want to know what happened between them. The way Layne described it to his boys everything was good between them and one day she up and walked out. Do you think maybe she got pregnant?

I haven't had a chance to read today. I won't get the chance until tonight.

Shanna (shannabanana87) can i just say im on chapter 14 (46%) and i still dont know exactly wat happened but i do like the pregnant theory tho thats gonna be a huge fight cause layne loves his kida

Shanna (shannabanana87) hey guys just wondering wat uthink about the dreams in the story?

message 9: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments With regards to the pregnancy theory she could have lost the baby. I am grasping at straws here. I am not sure what would have made her leave when everything was great between them. And Merry is in on it too so this makes things even crazier.

I don't know what to make of the dreams. I am not sure if they are of any significance at the moment or if they are reflection on how much he misses her.

message 10: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea I don't think it's was a baby. This is what Merry said, "Those wounds she's got, they bleed and they bleed deep. Only once did those wounds dry up and that was for three years twenty-one years ago." So clearly Rocky was living with this pain before layne. Mayberry her mom passing? I just don't know.

I'm at 26% slow going and more work today!!!

message 11: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments I can't imagine that she would leave Layne over the pain of losing her mom.

I left off on Chapter 10. I will be gone most of today for my niece's graduation. I will read when I get back. I am really anxious to find out what happened between them. It is driving me a little crazy.

Shanna (shannabanana87) Im not sure i also hope thats its not because of her mom, cause im on chapter 17 and i still haven't figured it out and she explained it, so i guess im like layne and im slow, cause it still doesnt make sense, and him not knowing means that he's constantly holding his breathe around her, which also sucks btw....but we;ll see can't read today got a shit load of chores to get thru...

message 13: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments I was thinking maybe she thought he cheated on her and pulled a Feb. But then when I found out Merry knew what it was there was no way it could be that because Merry would have kicked Layne's ass. So that got me back to square one.

Do you think that maybe Rocky left because someone involved with her mom's murder threatened Layne and she was protecting him?

Since you can't read today Shanna maybe Leea and I will be able to catch up to you.

message 14: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea I'm stopped at Chapter 10 - How perfect is that. I hope I can read on the road, while we're driving tomorrow to Disneyland. Think good thoughts ladies that my boys will behave an let me read :)

Okay, I think you might be on to something Marcella. I was also thinking that Rocky got so emotional about Gabby having his baby that maybe she found out she couldn't get pregnant and decided to leave him? I feel like it's something big because even Merry wont tell him but he's been encouraging Layne to keep pushing having contact with Rocky.

This not knowing is going to drive me nuts - not in a good way.

Have a great Sunday ladies! Hope the graduation is fun and your chores go fast.

message 15: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments I will think good thought for you Leea. I'm sure boys will have a blast. They might get restless with the long drive but hopefully they will have something to entertain themselves.

At this point everything we are thinking are theories. It's really frustrating. I wish they would spell it out already. I'm getting crazy too!

Enjoy your trip Leea!

Shanna (shannabanana87) leea omg disney is gonna he awesomr! hope u guys have a blast. ok so on the theories, im thinking that there might be some connection between layne and her moms murder as in maybe layne's dad is somehow involved cuz i dont know why else she would leave him like that, and they stillhavent said wat it is exactly an dim more than half way thru so i just want to scream, still got some more stuff to do before tomorrow so hopefully ill be able to read a bt before tomorrow but i wont push sunday is my second fave tv nite now, plus i want u guys to catch up.

message 17: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea I have no information about Laynes dad. I haven't met him yet... Right? You may have a good theory there, Shanna.

We've got movies, games and snacks for the long ride. The boys are so excited. I'm sure ill share some pictures from our trip.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I just started reading Kristin Ashley. I started with Colorado Mtn then to Rock Chicks.... working my way to this series

Shanna (shannabanana87) hey claudia thats awesome to know i just started kristen ashley as well how many book have uread i this series so far?

message 20: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments Claudia wrote: "I just started reading Kristin Ashley. I started with Colorado Mtn then to Rock Chicks.... working my way to this series"

Happy to meet another KA fan Claudia! I read Rock Chicks before the Colorado Mtn series. I just finished Breathe before starting this book.

message 21: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea Okay Ladies... I read a ton on the 6 hr drive home from Orange County. I'm at about 87% and I have to say, I don't understand why Roc left Layne 18 years ago? I know you guys discussed this and at the time I didn't want to read what you wrote but i'm still just having such a hard time with this. I'm invested in the characters and Layne is smoking hot... Some of those senes are just totally swoon worthy.

I keep thinking that in the end Rocky will reveal something major that happened to her to make her run... Does that happen?

message 22: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments She will have an "episode" where she reveals why she left. Keep reading.

message 23: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea Thank goodness... I'm starting to get really pissed. I only have a little bit left, i'll finished in the morning.

message 24: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments This book was disappointing for me. I will let you finish the book and make your own judgement on how it turns out. We will talk about it tomorrow.

message 25: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea Finished!! Going to write my review but I honestly don't want too. It sucks because i'm invested in these characters but this one was drawn out too much un needed detail and the reason she left was lame... I know that's harsh but come on. Talk shit out!!

message 26: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments I felt the same way Leea. There was so much build up with why she left and when the big reveal finally happened I was so pissed because it was so anti-climactic. I was invested into this story and characters and it was such a let down.

And the storyline with the prostitution ring could have been better. I was telling Shanna that it seemed like KA ran out of ideas and decided to wrap it up quickly.

I was also disappointed that Layne didn't get to be a badass like he is known for. The jumping on the hood of the car was badass but I was hoping for so much more.

message 27: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea I laughed so hard when he jumped on the hood of that car... sort of lame IMO.

We still want to read Games of the Heart (The 'Burg, #4) by Kristen Ashley? I think I need a KA break for a week or so. That okay ladies?

message 28: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments I liked when he jumped on the hood. I just wished she would have described it better to make it more badass.

I am on board to read the rest of this series. How about we resume the series in about 2 weeks? What do you ladies think? It will give us a chance to catch up on other reads.

message 29: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea Yeah, Shanna and I are going to read, Down to You if you want to join us. We're still working out the day to read it :)

I'm off to work :)

Shanna (shannabanana87) im cool with the break i wasnt too happy withthe last venture,hey leea how about we start down for you on monday or tuesday i see ur reading born in fire so u can just let me know when ure done with that and then we can start. honestly i loved all the characters in this book the new ones and the old ones ( kinda wished i was able to be witness to joe/cal talking to jasper after the drunk/drugged kiera fiasco tho) and im still attached to them i just wish the storyline was better still need to do my review maybe tonite.....after pizza lol

message 31: by Marcella (last edited Oct 13, 2012 06:42PM) (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments The thing that is so frustrating about this book is that I loved the characters it was the storyline that screwed everything up. Seems like KA wasn't even trying in this one.

Hope she doesn't screw up Mike's book.

I am in for the buddy read you ladies are doing. Anyone one of you have the book?

Shanna (shannabanana87) im gonna look for it tonite....hit u up when i get it.

message 33: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea I should be done with Born in Fire by Tuesday, so we can start then. I'll let you know :)

message 34: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments I will plan for Tuesday then. If anything changes let me know.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished For You and I'm about to start At Peace, but I do through books pretty quick. I'm also waiting for Christine Freehan to do another Ghostwalker Series book. Those are really good.

message 36: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea I haven't read that series, Claudia. In fact i've yet to read a Christine Freehan book yet.

message 37: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments I hear she is a good author. Haven't had the chance to read one of her books.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

They are good. I like Romance books, but I lean more toward Action books that have Romance in them. Ghostwalker Series is about soldiers (men & woman) that were genetically and psychically inhanced to try to make a super soldier....the woman end up being paired in a breeding program with the men and the books are how they find each other and fight back against the scientist that is responsible.

Shanna (shannabanana87) i have a friend who love freehan but i never read any of her books maybe ill check her out

message 40: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea I'm ready to start Down to You by M. Leighton tomorrow? Is that still okay with everyone?

I just finished Born in Fire (Born In Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts

Shanna (shannabanana87) im ready for tomorroe for sure! so excited for this one

message 42: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments Claudia wrote: "They are good. I like Romance books, but I lean more toward Action books that have Romance in them. Ghostwalker Series is about soldiers (men & woman) that were genetically and psychically inhanced..."

Ooh that sounds interesting. I will definitely have to check it out.

message 43: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments Leea wrote: "I'm ready to start Down to You by M. Leighton tomorrow? Is that still okay with everyone?

I just finished Born in Fire (Born In Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts"

Once again I am behind. I haven't even stared Nora Roberts. Ha ha! I am ready to start Down to You tmorrow as well.

message 44: by Leea (last edited Oct 15, 2012 08:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea It's a short read, 215 pages. So you can always pick up Born in Fire after Down to you?

I really liked Born in fire, just finished my review :)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

How to you get the pictures on the books on here???
I just finished Games of Hearts. I'm on the wall on this one. There are things that I really liked (Fin & Reesee) and other things that were just dragging on. What to read now?.... hmmm

message 46: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments Where you comment right above the comment box there is something that says add book/author. Click that and enter the book you want. Make sure you click cover or the link with come up.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!
My next book is Penmort Castle (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #1) by Kristen Ashley
Penmort Castle by KA... I might as well finish the whole shebang of KA.

message 48: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea How is that series, Claudia?

Another one I want to read :) I'm taking it slow with my KA addiction and weaving other books in so I don't run out. haha!

message 49: by Marcella (new) - added it

Marcella (Marcella6) | 886 comments Claudia wrote: "Thanks!
My next book is Penmort Castle (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #1) by Kristen Ashley
Penmort Castle by KA... I might as well finish the whole shebang of KA."

You are welcome!

message 50: by Leea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leea When did we decided to read Games of the Heart (The 'Burg, #4) by Kristen Ashley? Was it tomorrow of next friday?

I may have lost my mind... yet again. haha!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17