SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > R5: Team #18 ~ 18 Levels of Hell

Comments Showing 1-50 of 323 (323 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Jun 16, 2012 03:37PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Team #18
Captain: Rachel

Members:
Rachel
Sallie
Lili
Lizz
Heather (60)

message 2: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Virtual BINGO Card
Shelf names listed are to be filled in top to bottom under each letter listed

B
1. *Favorite Supe
2. *Series Catch-Up
3. 2011
4. shifters
5. new-series
I
6. dark-fantasy
7. magic
8. kick-ass-heroine
9. young-adult-paranormal
10. vampires
N
11. *Reader's Choice
12. *New2You: series
N#. FREE SPACE
13. demons
14. favorite-series
G
15. urban-fantasy
16. male-lead
17. paranormal-fantasy
18. sci-fi-romance
19. ghosts
O
20. angels
21. *New2You: author
22. paranormal-romance
23. psychic
24. dragons

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Aug 26, 2012 10:53PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Link to print your own copy: BINGO card

SOS book shelf bingo card

message 4: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments ...

message 5: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments ...

message 6: by Lili (last edited Jun 15, 2012 12:27AM) (new)

Lili | 297 comments wooohooo, team 18!!
hello you guys, it's great to finally have the teams ready!

I'm Lili from México, I'm a math teacher and this is my 3rd or 4th time playing BSB.. have you all played before?

Now, first things first... we need a captain and a name.
If any of you want to volunteer for captain, go for it!
I'm on vacation so I can do it if nobody wants to.

And... the name... oh God, I must admit I won't be much help here... I have little imagination and even less creativity but I'll do my best.
Maybe we could do something with the number 18... we're also the last team so... that's another option.

Looking forward to start the game!

Heather ~ Marceline | 994 comments Hi Lili and my other wonderful teammates! I'm Heather and I live near Seattle Washington. This is my 4th time playing. I am off to work for the day but have my smart phone with me for short posts. Long posts are a pain though while I am on it. As far as a name is concerned, I am horrible at coming up with names. I have two kids, but not too young, so I still get plenty of GR and reading time for myself :) I am so excited to play with you all!

message 8: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Hi, ladies! Hope you enjoy the game! :D

Heather ~ Marceline | 994 comments Name wise the only thing I can think if is some sort of play on eighteen being the legal age for so much. See I wasn't kidding when I said I was bad at the name thing :)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1192 comments Hey everyone i'm Lizz and I live in Texas. I'm off to think about the name.I can't wait to start reading

message 11: by Rachel- Goodbye Borders (last edited Jun 15, 2012 10:37AM) (new)

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments Hello all:-) I live in Boise, ID. I've played every single round of Bingo! Never been the team captain, so I'm putting my hat in the ring for that job. I also suck at team names. At the risk of sounding ridiculous here's mine:
Bodacious Bingo Babes (haven't been able to think of anything with "18") or Bingo Addicts Anonymous (or just Bingo Addicts)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1192 comments 18 ton books readers

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments Or 18 tons of books

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1103 comments Hi Im in SE Illinois, near Evansville Indiana but my heart resides in Atlanta Georgia...that is home. I rather like Bodacious Bingo Babes...I'll work on the 18 theme some

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments Small world Sallie- I graduated from University of Evansville

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1103 comments Wow - i live in Lawrenceville IL & work in Mt Carmel IL - U of E is an awesome school. My friend here at work, her son just graduated & really struggled with wanting to go to U of E but just a few weeks ago decided to go to Univ of Southern Indiana. I love Eville could live there very easily. I have traveled the world lol & it really is true about being a small world.

message 17: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments *waves* Ahh...super-fun team here! Good luck with the name (I also like Bodacious Bingo Babes...but my "vote" doesn't count ;D)

Heather ~ Marceline | 994 comments For our name, my husband suggested "18 and Life", in honor of Skid Row, hee hee.

I also found on wikipedia that in Chinese mythology, there are 18 levels of hell, so we could say something like the "18 Levels of Hell", or something less literal.

How about "18 Holes" for golf, but that just makes me giggle. Too bad there aren't 6 of us. Yikes, sorry I went there.

There is "Hanger 18" the Megadeth single. That sounds kinda cool.

18 is the atomic number of argon

As I mentioned before, 18 is also the age of consent.

My son suggested "readers" and my daughter "5 readers" :D

Just wanted to throw some stuff out there to see if it stuck or if it got anyone else going in another direction.

As far as captain, whoever really wants it, is fine with me. Lilli sounded fine if someone else was more interested, Lizz, Sallie and me didn't really mention it and Rachel sounded very interested. What does everything think? Since shelf will be called north america time tomorrow I figure we want to at least get that settled soon. Lili, what time zone are you in? Can't wait for our shelf to be called soon.

message 19: by Lili (last edited Jun 15, 2012 08:30PM) (new)

Lili | 297 comments Arizona's time zone and I actually like 18 levels of Hell.
Since it's friday night and it was a pretty rough week, I'm going out with my friends for drinks and a round of juicy gossip.
I'll drink a couple of margaritas for my team (maybe 18 to go with the theme?)

saluuuud!!

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1103 comments OMG Lili - margaritas would be so good after the week of Hell I had at work...did u drink 18 for me - 2 & I would be under the table....lol I like the 18 levels of hell & the bodacious bingo babes....just throwing my vote in...as for team captain, I have been in that role a couple of times already so would love for someone else to have a chance....with 18 teams playing its going to be hard to keep track of the comings & goings for the teams....

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments So we have a couple of votes each for the Bodacious Bingo Babes and 18 levels of Hell. What do you think Lizz? Haven't heard from ya yet on what name you like based on the suggestions given.
Everyone okay with me being team captain?

Heather ~ Marceline | 994 comments Yes I'm okay with you as captain Rachel. For the name I'm okay with whatever. I could swear there has been a bodacious bingo babes before but it could just be that I have seen it mentioned in previous rounds. I guess my official vote would be for hell but I will be fine with whatever the team picks.

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments Well darn, and here I thought it was original;-)

Heather ~ Marceline | 994 comments I'm Sorry!!! There is always the chance I'm mistaken. With two kids and sliding to my 40's my memory is not what it used to be :D Again, I am good with whatever name everyone wants.

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments Rachel: BBB
Heather: 18 Levels of Hell
Lili: 18 Levels of Hell
Sallie: BBB or 18 Levels of Hell
Lizz:

1st shelf annoucement should be in a couple of hours!

message 26: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Jun 16, 2012 03:19PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1103 comments hey everyone the shelf announcement is up I'll let everyone have a chance to peak first but I am going with: Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead ....
Rachel gets my vote for Captain...

Heather ~ Marceline | 994 comments I will be reading Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep

message 28: by Rachel- Goodbye Borders (last edited Aug 31, 2012 12:47PM) (new)

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments 2nd post for updates. First is message #41
7TH SHELF: URBAN FANTASY 5/5
RACHEL:Siren Song 8/1 4♥ Review
SALLIE:Small Favor8/5 4♥ Review
LILI:Sins of the Night7/31 4 ♥ Review
LIZZ:Raised by Wolves8/9 5♥ Review
HEATHER:Deadly Desire7/31 4 ♥ Review

Siren Song (Blood Singer, #2) by Cat Adams Small Favor (The Dresden Files, #10) by Jim Butcher Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes ] Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian, #7) by Keri Arthur

8TH SHELF: SERIES CATCH-UP 5/5
RACHEL:The Darkest Passion8/7 4♥ Review
SALLIE:Magic Slays8/15 4♥ Review
LILI:Gunmetal Magic8/9 4♥ Review
LIZZ:Passion8/12 5♥ Review
HEATHER:Gunmetal Magic8/8 5♥ Review

The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels World, #1) by Ilona Andrews Passion (Fallen, #3) by Lauren Kate Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels World, #1) by Ilona Andrews

9TH SHELF: ANGELS 5/5
RACHEL:Thirteen 8/13 5♥Review
SALLIE:Envy8/22 3♥Review
LILI:Wicked Nights8/17 2♥ Review
LIZZ:Fallen in Love8/13 5♥ Review
HEATHER:Marked8/15 3.5♥ Review

Thirteen (Women of the Otherworld, #13) by Kelley Armstrong Envy (The Fallen Angels, #3) by J.R. Ward Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5) by Lauren Kate Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton

10TH SHELF: 2011 3/5
RACHEL:Play of Passion8/22 4♥Review
SALLIE:Divergent
LILI:To the Nines
LIZZ:Starcrossed8/19 5♥Review
HEATHER:Bonds of Justice8/20 4♥Review

Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9) by Nalini Singh Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9) by Janet Evanovich Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh

11TH SHELF: MAGIC 3/5
RACHEL:Fortune's Fool 8/27 3.5♥Review
SALLIE:Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
LILI:Fool Moon
LIZZ:Carrier of the Mark8/27 5♥Review
HEATHER:Oracle8/27 4♥Review

Fortune's Fool (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #3) by Mercedes Lackey Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher Carrier of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy, #1) by Leigh Fallon Oracle (Oracle, #1) by R.J. Scott

12TH SHELF: Sept 2
RACHEL:
SALLIE:
LILI:
LIZZ:
HEATHER:

message 29: by Rachel- Goodbye Borders (last edited Jun 16, 2012 07:56PM) (new)

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments I will probably read City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare since I've had for awhile.
Leaning towards Mercy Burns (Myth and Magic, #2) by Keri Arthur for free space. (from SOS bookshelf)

message 31: by Lili (new)

Lili | 297 comments Sallie(Shuga) wrote: "OMG Lili - margaritas would be so good after the week of Hell I had at work...did u drink 18 for me - 2 & I would be under the table....lol I like the 18 levels of hell & the bodacious bingo babes..."

No Sallie, I just had 3 tamarindo flavored margaritas and that's all I could manage... they were GOOD! but I'm not 20 anymore.
I slept like the dead and I'm happy to report there's no hangover whatsoever!

message 32: by Lili (new)

Lili | 297 comments I'll be reading Frostbite by Richelle Mead for the first shelf.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1192 comments Rachel- Goodbye Borders wrote: "So we have a couple of votes each for the Bodacious Bingo Babes and 18 levels of Hell. What do you think Lizz? Haven't heard from ya yet on what name you like based on the suggestions given.
Ever..."

18 levels of hell

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1192 comments Now off to find a book

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments Sounds like we have a name- 18 Levels of Hell

message 37: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Heather wrote: "Yes I'm okay with you as captain Rachel. For the name I'm okay with whatever. I could swear there has been a bodacious bingo babes before but it could just be that I have seen it mentioned in pre..."

I did a little checking...
R4: Crazy Eights Bingo Babes

But that was it. I do remember some talk (maybe a suggestion~very real possibility is was from when we were on the same team, Heather) about "bodacious" in a name...

message 38: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23491 comments It rings a bell with me as well. Must of just been a possible and didn't make the cut :)

message 39: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Because of that...went and checked the names. Here are the other ones: SOS: Bookshelf Bingo Team Name History

message 40: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) (last edited Jun 17, 2012 10:36AM) (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1192 comments I am going to be reading The Immortal Rules for YA Paranormal

message 41: by Rachel- Goodbye Borders (last edited Aug 10, 2012 10:05AM) (new)

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments 2nd post for updates is Post #28
FREE SPACE 5/5
RACHEL:Mercy Burns 6/24 3♥ Review SOS Bookshelf
SALLIE:A Discovery of Witches8/2 4♥ Review SOS bookshelf
LILI:Be Still My Vampire Heart 7/2 5 ♥ Review SOS Bookshelf
LIZZ:Paranormalcy 6/20 5 ♥ Review SOS bookshelf
HEATHER:Embraced By Darkness 6/25 5 ♥ ReviewSOS bookshelf

Mercy Burns (Myth and Magic, #2) by Keri Arthur A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Be Still My Vampire Heart (Love at Stake, #3) by Kerrelyn Sparks Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Embraced By Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian, #5) by Keri Arthur

1ST SHELF: YA PARANORMAL June 17 5/5
RACHEL:City of Bones 6/18 3 ♥ Review
SALLIE:Spirit Bound 6/21 4 ♥ Review
LILI:Frostbite 6/18 3 ♥ Review
LIZZ:Devoured 6/19 4 ♥ Review
HEATHER:Touch of Frost 6/19 3.5♥ Review

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead Devoured by Amanda Marrone Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep

2ND SHELF: FAVORITE-SERIES June 24 5/5
RACHEL: Mine Till Midnight 6/28 4 ♥ Review
SALLIE: Succubus Heat 7/22 4♥ Review
LILI: Seize the Night 6/30 5 ♥ Review
LIZZ: Storm Front 6/30 5 ♥ Review
HEATHER:Under a Vampire Moon 6/25 4 ♥ Review

Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid #4) by Richelle Mead Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Under a Vampire Moon (Argeneau, #16) by Lynsay Sands

3nd SHELF: NEW 2 ME SERIES JULY 1 5/5
RACHEL: The Vampire Voss 3 ♥ 7/1 Review
SALLIE: A Quick Bite 3 ♥ 7/21 Review
LILI: Sweet Surrender 2 ♥ 7/3 Review
LIZZ: Wicked Appetite 5 ♥ 7/8 Review
HEATHER: Desire Untamed 4 ♥ 7/1 Review

The Vampire Voss (Regency Draculia #1) by Colleen Gleason A Quick Bite (Argeneau, #1) by Lynsay Sands Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) by Maya Banks Wicked Appetite (Lizzy & Diesel, #1) by Janet Evanovich Desire Untamed (Feral Warriors, #1) by Pamela Palmer

4TH SHELF: Shifters JULY 8 5/5
RACHEL: Blood Bound 5 ♥ 7/9 Review
SALLIE: Magic Bleeds 4♥ 7/27 Review
LILI: Hunting Ground 3♥ 7/12 Review
LIZZ: Pride 5 ♥ 7/17 Review
HEATHER: Obsession Untamed 4 ♥ 7/9 Review

Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2) by Pamela Palmer

5TH SHELF: GHOSTS 5/5
RACHEL: The Better Part of Darkness 4 ♥ 7/15 Review
SALLIE: The Next Always 3♥ 8/3 Review
LILI: Second Grave on the Left 7/23 5♥ Review
LIZZ: Awake at Dawn 5♥ 7/18 Review
HEATHER: The Darkest Kiss 4♥ 7/19 Review

The Better Part of Darkness (Charlie Madigan, #1) by Kelly Gay The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro, #1) by Nora Roberts Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) by Darynda Jones Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2) by C.C. Hunter The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian, #6) by Keri Arthur

6TH SHELF: DEMONS 5/5
RACHEL: Blood Song 7/22 4 ♥ Review
SALLIE:A Perfect Blood8/1 4♥ Review
LILI:The Darkest Seduction 7/25 4♥ Review
LIZZ:Green-Eyed Demon8/9 5♥ Review
HEATHER:Passion Untamed 7/22 4 ♥ Review
Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1) by Cat Adams A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10) by Kim Harrison The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9) by Gena Showalter Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3) by Jaye Wells Passion Untamed (Feral Warriors, #3) by Pamela Palmer

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1192 comments Ok for free space I am going to read Paranormalcy

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1192 comments I am having a hard time with The Immortal Rules i'm only on page 144. I am going to try and finishing it.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1192 comments Couldn't finishing The Immortal Rules so I am going to find another book

message 45: by Lili (last edited Jun 18, 2012 09:00PM) (new)

Lili | 297 comments Finished Frostbite by Richelle Mead 06/18***

It wasn't a bad book but somehow it just wasn't great.
Maybe it's because I waited so long to read the 2nd book in the series and I forgot some of the characters... or maybe it was all the teenage drama, it was, like, super boring!

I did like to see Rose and her mom and, or course, Dimitri who doesn't really need to say anything to be cute.
I did not like the fact that the author killed a guy just so she could bring a new one to the story... it wasn't done right.
I could see it from a mile, this new guy will also fall in love with Rose and will compete with Dimitri for her and she'll be oh-so-very confused... more teenage drama...

message 46: by Rachel- Goodbye Borders (last edited Jun 20, 2012 07:51AM) (new)

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments Finished City of Bones 6/18 3*

After looking at some of the reviews for this one, I am one of the few who think it was average. Overall I liked it. Once I got past the slow start, things did pick up. Lots of teenage angst in this one. I did think that(view spoiler)
I don't think I liked enough to continue this series.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1192 comments I had to pick another YA Paranormal book and it is Devoured by Amanda Marrone and I will start on my free space Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White soon

Heather ~ Marceline | 994 comments Good morning ladies! I am getting though my YA, this is one of my least fav genres, but Touch of Frost isn't bad. I picked it since so many in this group liked it that don't normally like the genre and I have to sorta agree so far. I am about half way according to Mr. Kindle and it looks like it is about to pick up speed so hopefully about a day or so.

message 49: by Lili (new)

Lili | 297 comments Heather wrote: "Good morning ladies! I am getting though my YA, this is one of my least fav genres, but Touch of Frost isn't bad. I picked it since so many in this group liked it that don't normally like the gen..."

I know what you mean, I have learned to stay away from YA books, too much drama and not the kind I usually like. Luckily, I picked a pretty good book.

You have a Kindle?, which one did you get?
It took me a while to decide to buy an ebook reader, after some research I went for a Kindle 3 and I must say I'm loving it!
Since it's super thin and light it's always in my purse, the battery lasts forever and it can store a ton of books... sometimes I miss real books but then I remember I might be saving a tree or two.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1192 comments I am in love with my Kindle fire

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7