Start by marking “The Vampire and the Virgin (Love at Stake, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Vampire and the Virgin (Love at Stake, #8)

The Vampire and the Virgin

(Love at Stake #8)

Olivia's packing list:

1. Sunscreen
2. Bathing suit
3. Flip-flops
Mass Market Paperback, 345 pages
Published March 9th 2010 by Avon (first published February 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire and the Virgin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire and the Virgin

Jilly
Day 1: See hot guy on beach. He looks at you.
Day 2: Talk to hot guy for 20 minutes.
Day 3: Proclaim your undying love for guy and offer up your virginity.

Yes, girls, it's that easy to find the man of your dreams, and it only takes that long for said man to fall madly in love with you for the rest of your life.

Sure, you don't know everything about each other. Like last names, where they live, who their friends and families are, how they spend their free time, or the fact that one of them is an und
Yodamom
Apr 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio, free, library
Robby, the perfect kilted Scottish vampire to have running along your beach in Greece an d a warm night. Poor Robby falls for a suspicious woman, mortal, and an FBI Psychologist, talk about relationship issues. Robby is trying to recover after his terrible torture, mentally he is on the edge, angry and vengeful. His boss sent him to recover on this beautiful Greek island where he spots a woman who catches his eye and his heart. She gets close pulls away, and then breaks his heart. it's not all h ...more
Jas
Apr 01, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who have invested time into the series
There WILL be Spoilers!!

I will start by saying I don't feel like I wasted valuable time reading this book; I didn't hate it, I didn't love it. In the grand scheme of Sparks "Love at Stake" series, this book was a filler. It did nothing to push along the war with the malcontents, nor did it show anything insightful about the vampires relationship with the CIA. Instead, Sparks showed us two one-dimensional characters: Robby, who I swear was the most unoriginal of Sparks characters (how many time
Pauline Allan
Mar 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I happened by this book in my local Krogers grocery store and paused. Everyone who knows me is willing to say that I'm getting a bit flustered with all the vamp series on the shelves today. But, this one...this little black and read paperback caught my eye. Truthfully, the cover I could give or take, but the title was an eye catcher. Then I flipped it over. "Robby's packing list" made me purchase this book. Besides that fact that a vamp named "Robby" had to have a comedic element as well as the ...more
Natasha  A.
Jan 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Who do I recommend to? Do you like funny contemporaries?
Do you like paranormals?
What about the two combined?
Definitely a winner!

Why did I read it? I have been craving a vamp book.

My Rambles:
As I mentioned, I've been craving a vampire read and so when Jen gave me this, I knew I had to read it soon! I am so glad I read this!! As I was writing this post and doing that bit of research I do, I discovered that this is #8 in a series!! Wow! Ms. Sparks did an excellent job of making it very stand alone.
Hbeebti
Jul 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Oh I loved this one. I have to say that I think this one is my favorite so far.

Robbie was not what I thought, that's for sure. In all the other books you get a little of him here and there but never a true feeling about him. I have to say that what a hot Highlander he is. Red hair , green eyes, yum!I also enjoyed that side of Robbie with all of his anger and wanting revenge. I think that Olivia was perfect for him. Olivia works with the FBI and is an empath. She is a human lie detector which is
Jo
Jan 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars, gr2015
Another book in this series where I loved everything except the heroine, who totally ruined it for me.

Seriously, Olivia believed the worst of Robby and he gave her no reason at all to think that of him. I actually wanted him to end up with someone else. She was judgemental and acted like a child, which was surprising as she’s a psychologist. I expected her to be more mature.
Sara Kate
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Minus the insta love.... I really enjoyed it. These stories are always fun and entertaining.
Emily
FBI psychologist Olivia Sotiris is vacationing at her Grandmothers home in Greece after a case left her unnerved. Olivia's Grandmother is focused on finding Olivia a husband, a nice Greek husband. Olivia entertains her but when she meets Robby MacKay, she feels she has found the man for her. However Robby is only available in the evenings and sometimes has a redish eye problem, plus Olivia who is an empath can't read his aura, could there be more to Olivia than what is in front of her?

Robby has
Sana Zameer
Thought it couldn't get much worse than the last book... I was sooo wrong! Dnf'd near 30%.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Book summary:
Olivia's packing list:
1. Sunscreen
2. Bathing suit
3. Flip-flops

FBI psychologist Olivia Sotiris was looking for a cool ocean breeze, sand between her toes, and a break from her crazy, chaotic, and sometimes all-too-dangerous life. But when she escaped to the small Greek island of Patmos, all she got were meddling grandmothers trying to marry her off. Can't they see that none of the men around interests her—except Robby MacKay?

Robby's packing list:
1. Synthetic blood
2. More synthetic b
Carol Storm
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute vampire romance where a lady FBI agent stumbles into a centuries long war between good vampires and bad vampires. Frankly I like my vampires a lot darker than Robby, who's a very nice lad but not especially interesting. Olivia's grandmother was cute, and down to earth. And I loved the serial killer's name, Otis Crump. What a perfect name for a villain! I kept expecting blues legend W.C. Handy to come in singing, "Boss Crump don't allow no sexy vampires here/Boss Crump don't allow no sexy va ...more
Shannon C.
Feb 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
I've read all the books in the Love at Stake series, and this one wasn't one of the stronger ones. Disappointing because I liked Robby's character from the earlier books, and had hoped his story would be a great one.

High level synopsis...
Robby MacKay, a vampire, is recovering after being captured and tortured by Casimir, a Malcontent (ie, bad vampire). Although his body has mostly healed, he is still dealing with the psychological scars. An employee of MacKay Security & Investigation, Robby
Cathy
Romance done right. Lots of genuine-feeling emotion, humor (mostly thanks to Yia Yia, Olivia's Greek granny, although Robby has his moments), bravery, passion, and enough of a story to carry it all. Sparks creates characters that are easy to picture and like. She adds enough depth to keep the story from being complete fluff, both through the main characters' back stories and using the continuing arc of the series about fighting a group of evil vampires. And she keeps the story telling simple; ea ...more
Cheryl
Mar 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Move over Bella and Edward as there is a new couple in town and here names are Olivia Sotiris and Robby MacKay.

Olivia is a FBI psychologist. She had traveled to the Greek island of Patmos for some R&R and to visit her grand mother. Olivia’s grand mother is hoping to fix Olivia up with one of the nice men on the island. Olivia isn’t interested in any of the men.

Robby has been instructed to take some time off after his last mission. From the first moment Robby lays eyes on Olivia, he feels s
Aly is so frigging bored
Quotes:
Angus shrugged. “They’re bloody fiends. They deserve to die.”

“Then I can kill him now?” Robby muttered.

Angus ignored him. “Ye have two minutes, Stan. Talk.”

“And then I can kill him?” Robby asked a bit louder.

Angus shot him an annoyed look.

Robby shrugged one shoulder. “I’m trying to convince you I’m no’ crazy. If I kept doing the same thing when it wasna working, would that no’ be crazy?”

Cindyg
Oct 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book. It had it all, wit, humor, laughter, lust, love and some great lovemaking to boot. Robby and Olivia's bantering was funny and timely. They were definitely made for each other. I had forgotten how much I loved this series and Ms. Sparks did not disappoint with this story. I loved Robby...what a terrific vamp. I highly recommend this read, it will not disappoint.
ShoSho
The plot was awful and annoying,it was exactly the same storyline as the previous books in the series plus holes.
All the 3 stars are for the narration . It was one of the best I'd ever listened to.
kookyquinn
Had a strong start but the gun shy heroine quickly put a damper on things as is usually the case.

Slow burn, couple mild sex scenes and the same trope KS keeps using "oh why can't he be human/normal woe is me".

She did manage to tie up loose ends and the ongoing plot continued nicely. All and all I enjoyed it.
Amyiw
Sep 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: x-2012
This book started out great, really great and I thought, 'finally she is writing humorous story lines with out all the stupidity'. I thought too soon. About 1/4 to a 1/3 into the book, the heroine turns into a distrustful, paranoid, idiot, who doesn't allow herself to think for herself.

I did, kind of, like the book, because of the humor at the beginning and the very ending, but the middle 1/2 was bad. Every poor reaction, poor decision, bad conclusion from poor evidence, going against instinct,
Corinne
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of the vampire Robert Alexander McKay aka Robby the handsome Scottish vampire with brilliant green eyes. After suffering torture at the hands of evil vampires, he is ordered to take a break from his work. While out running in what I can only describe as one of the sexiest midnight moonlight runs by any male character, Robby is spotted by the female character, while he spots her, Olivia Sotris, an FBI psychologist with an Empathic ability.
During the book I felt like I wanted to
Melindeeloo
Mar 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Wanting only revenge but forced to endure some R&R, Kilted sword-wielding Vampire Robby is sent to a remote Greek Isle to heal the physical and psychic wounds which resulted from his capture and torture by the Malcontents. Robby's healing is helped along when he meets and falls in love with an 'angel', FBI Psychologist Olivia Sotiris, who is trying to get over her own psychological trauma by vacationing with her Greek grandma.

The Vampire and the Virgin is a pleasant enough addition to the L
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Aug 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: PNR lovers, Highlander lovers
Our poor tortured Robbie finally gets his story and what a story. Robbie one of our Scottish Vampires finally comes face to face with his mate. Robbie sent away to recuperate from his ordeal goes to a greek island and meets Olivia and falls in lust...that rapidly changes to love, now he just needs to convince her that she needs a vampire in her life. We have serial killers and malcontents trying to kill them..we also see guest appearances from our other favorites.

Kerrelyn Sparks hits another on
BecksBookPicks
Jul 10, 2010 rated it liked it
To be honest....i first read it for the title. As i said in my Its Monday post, sometimes us women are just as bad as men. I see the word virgin and was ready to see the vamp get with the virgin! Then after reading what it was about, i knew i was hooked into reading this book.

I liked it. I had read another book by Kerrelyn Sparks probably two years ago when i went through my huge paranormal reading stage. Every now and then i pick another one up now.

In some ways, Olivia seems just a little to
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

So happy Robby finally got his love story and Olivia is his perfect match. This book had me twisting and turning in every direction. I love how Kerrelyn Sparks tells her readers a story. The psychotic murderer that is after Olivia was mind blowing and the secrets that were revealed. Robby is just so sweet but amazingly strong too. Olivia is one that will not let others around her be harmed. Let me tell you Robby and Olivia togethe
Ren Puspita
Jul 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Vampire fans, paranormal romance fans, fans of story with humor...
Just 3 stars...

Dunno, maybe because the theme and the plot is the same like some previous book
The man is vampire, the woman is mortal, they got atracched each other, falling in love, but the man is hide the fact that he is a vampire, and when the woman know that he is vampire, she's freak out, she dont want to meet him again, but at last can't help her feeling to him, and dont mind if he is undead...

Oh, my.....

Well, the story is about Robby MacKay, the direct descendant of Angus MacKay. He got c
Paige
Nov 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own, 2011-books
Robby and Olivia's story was different from the rest because most of the time they got to know each other was from a long distance. They communicated through calls, emails, and web cam.

They actually met on a Greek island where they were both sent for work related time off. Robby because he can't get revenge off his mind after being captured and Olivia because a criminal she sent to jail using her power of feelings others emotions keeps sending her apples from a heavily guarded jail cell.

They ni
Laurie Garrison
I have mixed felling for this one I really liked at times then again I just liked it. I have read every book in this series and really liked them all, this one it was just there for me, I never found that bait to hook me in to where I didn’t want to put the books down. This book like the rest in the series has a ton of humor, romance, and excitement.. Again you will find a few other characters form the previous books popping in and out, that’s always fun to read.

Spoilers
I found Olivia annoying,
Megan
Oct 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire-romance
Book 8 in the Love at Stake series.

4 stars.

First off, I hate the title AND the cover (Robby is supposed to be Scottish with red hair, not looking Latino with black hair). BUT, I LOVE this story!

This is Robby MacKay’s story. He is sent to the Greek island Patmos to recover for four months after being tortured by Casimir and other evil Malcontents. There he meets an American FBI psychologist (who is also an empathy, but she can’t sense Robby’s feelings), Olivia Sotiris, who is trying to lay low f
CupcakeBlonde
I love this series. I am never disappointed with the stories. Full of mystery, action and good sex. Everything you need in a vampire book. Robby has been one of my favorites so I was happy to have a book dedicated to him. Now if we could just get one about the elusive Connor.

Olivia is a spunky heroine. A tough cookie but with her own demons. She reminded me of Clarice Starling from Silence of the Lambs. Good at her job, strong but delicate at the same time. Able to allow someone like Robby to ta
Love At Stake Fan Club 2 66 Jan 01, 2014 03:06PM
Love At Stake Fan Club 1 18 Sep 25, 2009 10:38AM

• Sugarplums and Scandal  (Love at Stake #2.5; Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #22.5)
  • The Renegade Hunter (Argeneau #12; Rogue Hunter #3)
  • Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones #7)
  • Cross Your Heart (Broken Heart #7)
  • Tall, Dark & Fangsome (Immortality Bites, #5)
Kerrelyn Sparks apparently has issues with reality. After writing more than a dozen books about vampires, she has now completely gone off the deep end and wound up on another planet. But how thrilling that she can share this magical new world with her readers! Although she is best known (so far) for the Love at Stake series, which has hit as high as number 5 on the New York Times list and 22 on th ...more

Love at Stake (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
  • Vamps and the City (Love at Stake, #2)
  • Be Still My Vampire Heart (Love at Stake, #3)
  • The Undead Next Door (Love at Stake, #4)
  • All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire (Love at Stake, #5)
  • Secret Life of a Vampire (Love at Stake, #6)
  • Forbidden Nights with a Vampire (Love at Stake, #7)
  • Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9)
  • Vampire Mine (Love at Stake, #10)
  • Sexiest Vampire Alive (Love at Stake, #11)
“She stumbled back a step. “Carlos was the…?”
“Panther, aye.”
“He’s a cat?” And her boss was a dog. She shook her head. Was her next door neighbor a goldfish?”
52 likes
“Something’s different,” Carlos continued. “Tonight you came in with no scowling or growling. Why the
change?”
wasna working, would that no’ be crazy?”
“Good point.” Carlos rinsed the bowl and placed it in the dishwasher. “So you’re trying a new strategy tonight.”
Robby removed the bottled blood from the microwave and filled a glass. “Tonight I saw an angel.”
Carlos’s eyes widened. “And you’re still trying to convince me you’re not crazy?”
47 likes