Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2012 Challenge Archive > 2012 April Monthly Challenge - Participant's Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 448 (448 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Mar 21, 2012 10:13PM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 4471 comments April Monthly Challenge

This thread is for the participants to post their list and update their progress. The suggestions thread is located HERE.

1. “A" is for April: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'.

2. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a April birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours. If no one has the same letter, choose someone with the closest letter to yours alphabetically. RRRC April Birthday List

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Kansas.

4. Fourth Month: Read a book that is the fourth in a series, has four words in the title or has the number four in the title.

5. Eight Track Tape Day - April 11: Read a book either written or set during or before the 1970s, or a book where music plays an important part in the storyline.

6. Earth Day - April 22: Read a book involving environmental issues, or where the H/h spend a significant amount of time outside and/or dealing with nature, or a book with a green cover.

7. Take a Chance Day - April 23: Read a book by a new (to you) author, or a book in a new (to you) series, or give a second chance to an author or series you’ve previously given up on.

8. Babe Ruth Day - April 27: Read a book with a sports theme/athlete, or a book with candy or other sweets on the cover.

9. National Shrimp Scampi Day - April 29: Read a book set on or near the water, or with a storyline revolving around food, or a short book.

10. Reader's Choice:

Challenge Duration: April 1 to April 30, 2012

You can choose 3, 5, 8 or all 10 categories depending on your reading speed, books availability and/or time commitment.

When posting your challenge progress, please make sure to put the date/s when you finished your book/s.

Please repost your progress as it helps when updating.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Mar 21, 2012 11:32PM) (new)

MountainKat | 10020 comments I'm in! I usually only commit to eight, but am not happy if I don't make it to ten, so I am just going to bite the bullet and go for ten from the start! I will post as I go.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan (Scoutmomskf) | 1434 comments I'm in. I've been enjoying the March challenge, so I'll continue with April. I'm shooting for all ten on both.

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 14490 comments Love the categories Karen! I'm in for some but not sure how many or which ones yet :)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 544 comments I'm in!

message 6: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 2579 comments I am in for all 10! Kind of excited that the thread went up so much earlier than usual, gives me more time to plan.

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments Yeah! April's challenge! I'm in.

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Wckdktty) | 479 comments I am in will post later. Hope I can get back on track.

message 9: by Judy (new)

Judy I'm in for 10- I'll post as I go.

message 10: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1829 comments I'm skipping this month...with Easter and taxes...well that equals not enough time!

Hope everyone has fun and has a nice holiday.

message 11: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1250 comments I'm in. List subject to change.

1. “A": All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz
2. Happy Birthday, Melissa!: I Love Bad Boys by Lori Foster et al. (Happy Birthday, Melissa!)
3. Geography (Kansas): Scene of the Crime: Bachelor Moon by Carla Cassidy
4. Fourth Month: Pack Rogue by Crissy Smith
5. Eight Track Tape Day - April 11: The Wicked Marquis by Barbara Cartland
6. Earth Day - April 22: Pack Enforcer by Crissy Smith
7. Take a Chance Day - April 23: Pack Alpha by Crissy Smith
8. Babe Ruth Day - April 27: TBD
9. National Shrimp Scampi Day - April 29: Pack Territory by Crissy Smith
10. Reader's Choice: TBD

All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz I Love Bad Boys by Lori Foster Scene of the Crime Bachelor Moon by Carla Cassidy Pack Rogue (Were Chronicles, #4) by Crissy Smith The Wicked Marquis by Barbara Cartland Pack Enforcer (Were Chronicles, #2) by Crissy Smith Pack Alpha (Were Chronicles, #1) by Crissy Smith | Pack Territory (Were Chronicles, #3) by Crissy Smith |

message 12: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments Lacy wrote: "I'm skipping this month...with Easter and taxes...well that equals not enough time!

Hope everyone has fun and has a nice holiday."

Taxes! I knew I was forgetting something!

message 13: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1829 comments Christine wrote: "Lacy wrote: "I'm skipping this month...with Easter and taxes...well that equals not enough time!

Hope everyone has fun and has a nice holiday."

Taxes! I knew I was forgetting something!"

I am so glad that I reminded you!

message 14: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Apr 28, 2012 06:18PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (Shuga) | 934 comments A~ Anyone But You, jennifer crusie Read 04.25
B-day, Juana 20th~ The Raven Prince, elizabeth hoyt
Geography-Kansas~ Taken by the Cowboy, julianne maclean
4th Month~ Dark Magic, christine feehan Read 04.22
8 track tape day~ The Deception of the Emerald Ring, lauren willig
earth day~ Heat Stroke, rachel caine
take a chance day~ Sanctuary Cove, rochelle ahlers
babe ruth day~ The Perfect Play, jaci burton
natl shrimp scampi day~ Swimming Without a Net, maryjanice davidson
Reader's choice~ 44 Charles Street, danielle steel

message 15: by Katharina (last edited May 10, 2012 09:55PM) (new)

Katharina | 780 comments April 2012 Monthly Reading Challenge
0/5? Completed

1. 'A' Title
Almost Heaven Judith McNaught

2. to me
Virgin River Robyn Carr

4. Fourth Month
Lord Of The Wolves Heather Graham

5. Eight Track Tape Day
The Viking's Woman Heather Graham
6. Day
Golden Surrender Heather Graham

Almost Heaven (Sequels #3) by Judith McNaught Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr Lord Of The Wolves (Viking #3) by Heather Graham The Viking's Woman (Viking, #2) by Heather Graham Golden Surrender (Viking #1) by Heather Graham
[

Tentative list. Subject to change without notice.

message 16: by Bookchaser (last edited Apr 01, 2012 09:50PM) (new)

Bookchaser | 1650 comments 2012 April Monthly Challenge

0/10 Completed

01. “A" is for April: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'.
The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
OR
An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn
02. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a April birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours. If no one has the same letter, choose someone with the closest letter to yours alphabetically.
TBD
03. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Kansas.
Loving Mercy by Teresa Bodwell
OR
Heaven Sent by Pamela Morsi
04. Fourth Month: Read a book that is the fourth in a series, has four words in the title or has the number four in the title.
True Love and Other Disasters by Rachel Gibson
OR
Warcry by Elizabeth Vaughan
05. Eight Track Tape Day (April 11) : Read a book either written or set during or before the 1970s, or a book where music plays an important part in the storyline.
Warrior by Zoe Archer
OR
The Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley
OR
Reforming a Rake by Suzanne Enoch
06. Earth Day (April 22) : Read a book involving environmental issues, or where the H/h spend a significant amount of time outside and/or dealing with nature, or a book with a green cover.
Sunrise Point by Robyn Carr
OR
A Knight to Cherish by Angie Ray
07. Take a Chance Day (April 23) : Read a book by a new (to you) author, or a book in a new (to you) series, or give a second chance to an author or series you’ve previously given up on.
Bushwhacked Bride by Eugenia Riley
OR
Manhunting by Jennifer Crusie
08. Babe Ruth Day (April 27) : Read a book with a sports theme/athlete, or a book with candy or other sweets on the cover.
Nothing But Trouble by Rachel Gibson
OR
Double Play by Jill Shalvis
09. National Shrimp Scampi Day (April 29) : Read a book set on or near the water, or with a storyline revolving around food, or a short book.
TBD
10. Reader's Choice:
Sizzle and Burn by Jayne Ann Krentz

The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #2) by Molly HarperXXX An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3) by Julia QuinnXXX Loving Mercy by Teresa BodwellXXX Heaven Sent by Pamela MorsiXXX True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team #4) by Rachel GibsonXXX Warcry (Chronicles of the Warlands, #4) by Elizabeth VaughanXXX Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe ArcherXXX The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures, #4) by Jennifer AshleyXXX Reforming a Rake (With This Ring, #1) by Suzanne EnochXXX Sunrise Point (Virgin River, #19) by Robyn CarrXXX A Knight to Cherish by Angie RayXXX Bushwhacked Bride (Wink & A Kiss #2) by Eugenia RileyXXX Manhunting by Jennifer CrusieXXX Nothing But Trouble (Chinooks Hockey Team, #5) by Rachel GibsonXXX Double Play (Pacific Heat, #1) by Jill ShalvisXXX Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, # 3) by Jayne Ann KrentzXXX

message 17: by Barbara ★ (last edited Mar 29, 2012 03:48PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3129 comments READ: 0/10

1. “A" is for April: The Oldest Kind of Magic - Snn Macela
2. Happy Birthday April Dawn!: A Spell for Chameleon - Piers Anthony
3. Geography:Kansas: Burning Alive - Shannon Butcher
4. Fourth Month: Sleepless in Scotland (MacLean Curse #4) - Karen Hawkins
5. Eight Track Tape Day: Crucible of Gold - Naomi Novik (takes place in 1800s)
6. Earth Day: Inheritance - Christopher Paolini (green cover)
7. Take a Chance Day: On Fire's Wings - Christie Golden (new series & new author)
8. Babe Ruth Day: The Perfect Play - Jaci Burton (football)
9. National Shrimp Scampi Day: One Hex of a Wedding - Yasmine Galenorn (short book=260 pages)
10. Reader's Choice: No Mercy - Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Oldest Kind of Magic (Magic, #1) by Ann Macela A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, #1) by Piers Anthony Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher Sleepless in Scotland (MacLean Curse, #4) by Karen Hawkins Crucible of Gold (Temeraire, #7) by Naomi Novik Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paolini On Fire's Wings (Final Dance, #1) by Christie Golden The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton One Hex of a Wedding (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #5) by Yasmine Galenorn No Mercy (Dark-Hunter, #19; Were-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 18: by Pam (last edited Apr 28, 2012 09:54PM) (new)

Pam (TXPam) | 137 comments I'm in.....I'm in for 5 books this month

*******************5/5 COMPLETED***************

1. “A" is for April: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'.*** Skip

2. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a April birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours. If no one has the same letter, choose someone with the closest letter to yours alphabetically. RRRC April Birthday List***SKIP

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Kansas.***SKIP

4. Fourth Month: Read a book that is the fourth in a series, has four words in the title or has the number four in the title.***SKIP

5. Eight Track Tape Day - April 11: Read a book either written or set during or before the 1970s, or a book where music plays an important part in the storyline.***SPENCEWORTH BRIDE by Virginia Farmer...4-28

6. Earth Day - April 22: Read a book involving environmental issues, or where the H/h spend a significant amount of time outside and/or dealing with nature, or a book with a green cover.***SIXPENCE BRIDE by Virginia FarmerAA...4-21

7. Take a Chance Day - April 23: Read a book by a new (to you) author, or a book in a new (to you) series, or give a second chance to an author or series you’ve previously given up on...MAYBE THIS TIME by Jennifer Crusie...4-20

8. Babe Ruth Day - April 27: Read a book with a sports theme/athlete, or a book with candy or other sweets on the cover.***SKIP

9. National Shrimp Scampi Day - April 29: Read a book set on or near the water, or with a storyline revolving around food, or a short book.***DEIRDRE AND DON JUAN by Jo Beverley****4-1

10. Reader's Choice:***WICKED APPETITE by Janet Evanovich***4-4

Deirdre and Don Juan by Jo Beverley*** Wicked Appetite (The Unmentionables, #1) by Janet Evanovich*** Sixpence Bride by Virginia Farmer*** Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie*** Spenceworth Bride by Virginia Farmer

message 19: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments Oh my, I have not been doing well the last few months. I am wanting to do this, but at this point can only commit to 3. Hope to do more, but not going to hold my breath or anything.

Good luck to all of you.

message 20: by Killian (new)

Killian (KillianPerry) | 51 comments 2012 April Monthly Challenge

0/10 Completed

1. “A" is for April: American Gods by Neil Gaiman
2. Happy Birthday, Katharina!: Scandal by Amanda Quick
3. Geography: Kansas: In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
4. Fourth Month: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J K Rowling
5. Eight Track Tape Day - April 11: Untie My Heart by Judith Ivory
6. Earth Day: An Unwilling Bride by Jo Beverley
7. Take a Chance Day: Touch The Dark by Karen Chance
8. Babe Ruth Day: Body Check by Deirdre Martin
9. National Shrimp Scampi Day: Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain
10. Reader's Choice:
American Gods by Neil Gaiman Scandal by Amanda Quick In Cold Blood by Truman Capote Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling Untie My Heart by Judith Ivory An Unwilling Bride (Company of Rogues, #2) by Jo Beverley Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance Body Check (New York Blades, #1) by Deirdre Martin Medium Raw A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook by Anthony Bourdain

message 21: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Mar 28, 2012 07:37AM) (new)

Fran | 9555 comments Thanks for hosting this month KarenH! Great categories :)

READ: 0/??
Not sure how many to commit to yet

1. “A" is for April: Shadows by Jennifer Arementrout
2. Happy Birthday!:
3. Geography:Kansas: Acting On Impulse (character from Kansas)
4. Fourth Month: Once Upon A Veterinarian
5. Eight Track Tape Day: Okay For Now (set in 1960's)
6. Earth Day:
7. Take a Chance Day: Sophie & Carter (new author)
8. Babe Ruth Day: Defying The Odds (boxer)
9. National Shrimp Scampi Day: Clear Water (set on water)
10. Reader's Choice:

Defying the Odds (Battered Hearts, #1) by Kele Moon Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Once Upon a Veterinarian by Drew Zachary Acting on Impulse by Vicki Lewis Thompson Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt Clear Water by Amy Lane Sophie & Carter by Chelsea Fine

message 22: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (Schmoozy) | 83 comments Definitely in! I am also not sure how many I can commit to!

0/?

1. “A" is for April:
2. Happy Birthday!:
3. Geography:Kansas:
4. Fourth Month:
5. Eight Track Tape Day:
6. Earth Day:
7. Take a Chance Day:
8. Babe Ruth Day:
9. National Shrimp Scampi Day:
10. Reader's Choice:

message 23: by Dawn (last edited Apr 26, 2012 09:36PM) (new)

Dawn (dawn_E) | 157 comments April Monthly Challenge
Msg 25
4.1.12-4.30.12
8/8

1. “A" is for April: Armstrong, Kelley Industrial Magic4.1

2. Happy Birthday!: Soulless 4.20

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Kansas.

4. Fourth Month: Kiss of the Highlander 4.7

5. Eight Track Tape Day - April 11:The Night Circus 4.12

6. Earth Day - April 22: Ill Wind by Rachel Caine 4.18

7. Take a Chance Day - April 23: New to me Lie With Me by Stephanie Tyler 4.3

8. Babe Ruth Day - April 27: Read a book with a sports theme/athlete, or a book with candy or other sweets on the cover.

9. National Shrimp Scampi Day - April 29: Poison by Jennifer Estep 4.15

10. Reader's Choice: Spider's Bite 4.9

Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4) by Kelley Armstrong Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine Lie With Me (Shadow Force, #1) by Stephanie Tyler Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

message 24: by ~Leslie~ (last edited Apr 15, 2012 07:09AM) (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments I'm in and going for 8 again.
Duration: 4/1/12 - 4/30/12

0/8

1. “A" is for April: Heir of Danger (by Alix Rickloff)

2. Happy Birthday!: Happy Birthday Lauren(aplpeach)! Magic Bleeds

4. Fourth Month: Castles (#4 Crown's Spies)

5. Eight Track Tape Day: Highlander Unmasked

6. Earth Day: Extreme Bachelor

7. Take a Chance Day: The Fifth Victim

9. National Shrimp Scampi Day:Supernatural

10. Reader's Choice: Vengeance in Death

TO READ
Heir of Danger by Alix RickloffMagic Bleeds by Ilona AndrewsCastles by Julie GarwoodExtreme Bachelor by Julia LondonThe Fifth Victim (Griffin Powell, #2) by Beverly BartonSupernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #5.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.5; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #4.5) by Larissa IoneVengeance in Death by J.D. RobbHighlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #2) by Monica McCarty

message 25: by PepperP0t (last edited Apr 29, 2012 05:22AM) (new)

PepperP0t  | 958 comments Yippee I think I do this from my Dusty Bookshelf
List Subject to Change
10/10 complete. Last update:4/29

1. “A" is for April:Against All Odds 3stars
2. Happy Birthday Nicole!:Rode Hard, Put Up Wet 4stars
3. Geography:Kansas: Burning Alive 4stars
4. Fourth Month:A Storm of Swords4stars
5. Eight Track Tape Day: Ladies and Gentlemen...The Redeemers4stars
6. Earth Day:The Dream-Hunter3stars
7. Take a Chance Day:The Ninja Librarian 4stars
8. Babe Ruth Day: Hot Number3.75stars
9. National Shrimp Scampi Day:Chili Con Corpses3.5stars
10. Reader's Choice:Marked4stars

message 26: by Amanda (last edited Mar 22, 2012 06:36PM) (new)

Amanda The Book Slayer (Amanda_The_Book_Slayer) | 63 comments I'm in. Hoping to mark all ten off in April!

0/10 Completed
Updated

1. “A" is for April:
2. Happy Birthday!:
3. Geography:Kansas:
4. Fourth Month:
5. Eight Track Tape Day:
6. Earth Day:
7. Take a Chance Day:
8. Babe Ruth Day:
9. National Shrimp Scampi Day:
10. Reader's Choice:

Books Completed

message 27: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 1173 comments I'm in. I'll post as I go.

message 28: by Catherine (last edited Mar 26, 2012 11:51AM) (new)

Catherine | 623 comments I am going to give it a shot. not sure how many I will do, but I will post as I go

1. "A" is for April:
2. Happy Birthday:
4. Fourth Month: The Very Picture of You..Isabel Wolff
6. Earth Day:
7. Take a Chance Day: Divergent..Veronica Roth
10. Reader's Choice:

message 29: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB I'll try for 5 this month

1. A is for April - The Duke's Perfect Wife by Ashley
2. 4th in series - tbd
3. New Author - tbd
4. Short book - tbd
5. My Choice - tbd

The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures, #4) by Jennifer Ashley tbd tbd tbd tbd

message 30: by Terra (last edited Apr 24, 2012 06:57PM) (new)

Terra (skibunny84) 4/5

1. “A" is for April: Black Ice April 12

4. Fourth Month: Extras April 16

6. Earth Day - April 22: Never Love a Cowboy April 22, 2012

7. Take a Chance Day - April 23:Fallen Struggling to finish this book.....

10. Reader's Choice: Inside Out April 6, 2012

Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Black Ice (Ice, #1) by Anne Stuart Inside Out (Insider, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2) by Lorraine Heath Extras (Uglies, #4) by Scott Westerfeld

Kerstin (under_moonlit_skies) I'm in! Will post a bit later.

message 32: by ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (last edited Apr 15, 2012 08:19AM) (new)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (Unheard) | 162 comments Glad to see the topic up so early :D

I'm in for 5 'coz of mid-terms :(

05/05 Complete - Updated 04.15

1. “A" is for April: Angelfall ≈ Apr.10 - *****
2. Happy Birthday!: (Happy Birthday Annabell) If I Stay ≈ Apr.15 - ****
4. Fourth Month: A Temptation of Angels ≈ Apr.03 - *
7. Take a Chance Day - April 23: City of Bones ≈ Apr.09 - **.5
10. Reader's Choice: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest ≈ Apr.12 - *****

Read:
A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman

message 33: by Hina (last edited Mar 23, 2012 09:03AM) (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 2579 comments 0/10 Completed

1. “A" is for April: A Taste of Midnight by Lara Adrian.

2. Happy Birthday!: The Darkest Surrender by Gena Showalter. Happy Birthday Jacqueline!

3. Geography:The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood.

4. Fourth Month: Tempting the Highlander by Janet Chapman.

5. Eight Track Tape Day - April 11: A Duke of Her Own by Eloisa James.

6. Earth Day - April 22: Instant Temptation by Jill Shalvis.

7. Take a Chance Day - April 23: Risky Christmas: Holiday Secrets\Kidnapped at Christmas by Jill Sorenson.

8. Babe Ruth Day - April 27: Snowbound by Larissa Ione

9. National Shrimp Scampi Day - April 29: Byron and Kit by Shiloh Walker.

10. Reader's Choice:Ace Is Wild by Penny McCall.

message 34: by Lauren (last edited Mar 30, 2012 08:09AM) (new)

Lauren (MsThestral) I'm in for 5 again.
0/5

1. April: Primal Bonds by Jennifer Ashley
2. Happy Birthday Michelle:Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh
3. 4th in Series: Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole
4. Take a Chance Day: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (second attempt)
5. Reader's Choice: Dying Wish by Shannon K. Butcher

message 35: by PepperP0t (last edited Mar 23, 2012 01:42PM) (new)

PepperP0t  | 958 comments Terra wrote: "0/5

1. “A" is for April: Black Ice

4. Fourth Month: Elphame's Choice

6. Earth Day - April 22: Never Love a Cowboy

7. Take a Chance Day - April 23:..."</i>

I really liked [book:Black Ice
let me know what you think.

message 36: by Nelly (new)

Nelly (atqevale) | 26 comments i'm in, i haven't done aany challenges and i want to try this one.

message 37: by Wan (last edited Mar 26, 2012 08:28AM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments RRRC: Monthly - April 2012
1-30 April 2012
0/8

1. “A" is for April: Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian
2. Happy Birthday! Michelle April 8th: Alien Tango by Gini Koch
3. Geography: KS
4. 4th Month-4th in series: Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward
5. Eight Track Tape Day
6. Earth Day-Nature: Savage Obsession by Cassie Edwards
7. Take a Chance Day-New-2-me Author: I Burn for You by Susan Sizemore
8. Babe Ruth Day:
9. National Shrimp Scampi Day-Short book:
10. My Choice: Face the Fire by Nora Roberts

Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara AdrianAlien Tango (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #2) by Gini KochLover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. WardSavage Obsession (Chippewa, #1) by Cassie EdwardsI Burn for You (Primes, #1) by Susan SizemoreFace the Fire (Three Sisters Island trilogy #3) by Nora Roberts

message 38: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Martin | 304 comments I'm in, will post as I go!

message 39: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (CleoCleveland) | 1099 comments I'm in for 8.

0/8 Read

A is for April: Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong
Happy B-Day KarenH! Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks
Fourth Month: Silk Is for Seduction by Loretta Chase
Eight-Track Tape Day: Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean
Take a Chance Day: Defender by Catherine Mann
Babe Ruth Day: Squeeze Play by Kate Angell
Shrimp Scampi Day: Rising Tides by Nora Roberts
My Choice: TBD

Unread: Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8) by Kelley Armstrong Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2) by Maya Banks Silk Is for Seduction (The Dressmakers, #1) by Loretta Chase Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2) by Sarah MacLean Defender (Dark Ops, #1) by Catherine Mann Squeeze Play (Richmond Rogues, #1) by Kate Angell Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #2) by Nora Roberts

message 40: by Lynne (last edited Mar 24, 2012 07:35PM) (new)

Lynne (LoveToReadGal) | 1020 comments I'm all set for April to start!

APRIL
0 of 10 Complete!

1. Starts with “A”: The Angel Experiment by James Peterson
2. Happy Birthday (Thanks Lauren!): Venom by Jennifer Estep
3. Kansas: The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood (author lives in Kansas)
4. Fourth Month: Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern (4 words in title)
5. Eight-Track Tape Day: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (published in 1813)
6. Earth Day: Delirium by Lauren Oliver (green cover)
7. Take a Chance Day: Wife of the Gods: A Novel by Kwei Quartey (new author)
8. Babe Ruth Day: Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton (hockey)
9. Shrimp Scamp Day: How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O’Neal (food)
10. Reader's Choice: Virgin River by Robyn Carr

To Read:
The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver Wife of the Gods by Kwei Quartey Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) by Jaci Burton How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O'Neal Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr

Complete:

message 41: by Amanda (last edited Apr 05, 2012 09:35AM) (new)

Amanda 2/10

“A" is for April:Abby Cooper Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie

2. Happy Birthday!: April Eclipse Bay by Jayne Ann Krentz

3. Geography: Rebellious Desire Julie Garwood finished 4/2/12

4. Fourth Month:Jewels of the Sun Nora Roberts

5. Eight Track Tape Day - Beautiful Days: A Bright Young Things Novel by Anna Godbersen
6. Mother Earth: Angels Falls Nora Robert Finished 4/5/12

7. Take a Chance Day - Virgin River by Robin Carr

8. Babe Ruth Day - April 27: His Baby Suprise by Lisa Childs

9. National Shrimp Scampi Day - April 29: TBD

10. Reader's Choice: TBD

Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 1) by Jayne Ann Krentz Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (A Psychic Eye Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie Rebellious Desire by Julie Garwood Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr Beautiful Days (Bright Young Things, #2) by Anna Godbersen Angels Fall by Nora Roberts Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts

message 42: by Turtlecollector Dennis (last edited Apr 27, 2012 01:22PM) (new)

Turtlecollector Dennis | 195 comments Start: Apr 1- Apr 30, 2012
Completed: 3/3

4. Heartless by Gail Carriger 4/6/12 ♥♥♥♥
7. The Lying Game by Sara Shepard 4/23/12 ♥♥♥
10. Next of Kin by Sharon Sala 4/21/12 ♥♥♥

message 43: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 3932 comments RRRC April 2012 Challenge

0/7 Completed

1. “A" is for April: Anne Marsh - Bond with Me
2. Happy Birthday!(Selena/Layla): Navarro's Promise
3. Fourth Month: Mine to Possess
4. Earth Day - April 22: Hexed
5. Take a Chance Day - April 23: Viper Moon
6. Babe Ruth Day - April 27: Bear Meets Girl
7. Reader's Choice: Embrace The Darkness

Bond with Me by Anne Marsh Navarro's Promise (Breeds, #24) by Lora Leigh Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles, #2) by Kevin Hearne Viper Moon (Earth Witches, #1) by Lee Roland Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7) by Shelly Laurenston Embrace The Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #2) by Alexandra Ivy

message 44: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 644 comments In for 8! I will up it to 10 if I finish Outlander in a timely manner!

message 45: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Wckdktty) | 479 comments April Monthly Challenge

0/5 COMPLETED

1. “A" is for April: Accidentally Yours by Susan Mallery

2. Happy Birthday!: Happy Birthday Sheila! 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

5. Eight Track Tape Day - April 11: (music plays an important part in the storyline.) Age Of Dreams by Marie Symeou

6. Earth Day - April 22: (book with a green cover.) Embrace the Night by Amanda Ashley

8. Babe Ruth Day - April 27: Read a book with a sports theme One-Two Punch by Katie Allen

message 46: by Kesha (last edited Apr 27, 2012 08:09PM) (new)

Kesha | 517 comments April Monthly Challenge

Completed 5/5 4-27-12

1. “A" is for April: AJ's Serendipity by Savannah J. Frierson 4-11-12
4. Fourth Month: What White Boyz Ride by Owens, Dunbar, Glass, Nyrae, & Harlow 4-2-12
5. Eight Track Tape Day - April 11: A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior by Suzanne Enoch 4-27-12
7. Take a Chance Day - April 23: A Town Called Valentine by Emma Cane 4-15-12
10. Reader's Choice: Devil in a Kilt by Sue Ellen Welfonder 4-7-12

What White Boyz Ride by Kelley Nyrae Devil in a Kilt (MacKenzie, #1) by Sue-Ellen Welfonder Aj's Serendipity by Savannah J. Frierson A Town Called Valentine A Valentine Valley Novel by Emma Cane A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior (Adventurers’ Club #2) by Suzanne Enoch

message 47: by Erin (new)

Erin (Erin-B) | 790 comments I'm in for at least 5.

RRRC April 2012 Reading Challenge:

Read: 0/5

1. A is for April: Crystal Gardens by Amanda Quick
4. Fourth Month: Under a Vampire Moon by Lynsay Sands
5. Eight Track Tape Day: About a Dragon by G.A. Aiken
9. National Shrimp Scampi Day: Sea Fever by Virginia Kantra
10. Reader's Choice: Deadly Gift by Heather Graham

Crystal Gardens by Amanda Quick Under a Vampire Moon (Argeneau, #16) by Lynsay Sands About a Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2) by G.A. Aiken Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, #2) by Virginia Kantra Deadly Gift (Flynn Brothers, #3) by Heather Graham

message 48: by Juana "Darkness" (last edited Apr 26, 2012 09:48PM) (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 403 comments I'm in. I don't know if they will change but if they do I'll be sure to update the challenge.

APRIL MONTHLY CHALLENGE
Duration: April 1-30

APRIL: Amanda, Quick- Mistress 4/13/12

BIRTHDAY: Sarah ~Sehrenity~: Any Way You Want it by Kathy Love 4/16/12

4th MONTH: Before the Midnight Bells by Jessica woodard 4/8/12

EARTH DAY: Seducing the Huntress by Terry Spear 4/10/12

READER'S CHOICE: Destined by Allison Kraft 4/9/12

Any Way You Want It (New Orleans Vampires, #1) by Kathy Love Mistress by Amanda Quick Before The Midnight Bells by Jessica Woodard Seducing the Huntress by Terry Spear Destined by Allison Kraft

message 49: by Kate (new)

Kate Clothier-shelly (kshelly79) | 172 comments I'm in for 8. I'll post as I go.

message 50: by Jojo (last edited Mar 27, 2012 01:50PM) (new)

Jojo | 1010 comments April Monthly Challenge
I’m going to try for 10
0/10
1. “A" is for April : Almost Perfect by Julie Ortolon
2. Happy Birthday! : Chased by Lauren Dane – Happy Birthday Jamie
3. Geography : Taken by the Cowboy by Julianne Maclean
4. Fourth Month : Naked Edge by Pamela Clare
5. Eight Track Tape Day - April 11 : Daughter of Deceit by Carrie James Jaynes
6. Earth Day - April 22 : Flowers For Her Grave by Jean Sheldon
7. Take a Chance Day - April 23 : Falling Star by Diana Dempsey
8. Babe Ruth Day - April 27 : The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines
9. National Shrimp Scampi Day - April 29 : Chili Con Corpses by J B Stanley
10. Reader's Choice : Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh

Almost Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #1) by Julie Ortolon Chased (Chase Brothers, #3) by Lauren Dane Taken by the Cowboy by Julianne MacLean Naked Edge (I-Team, #4) by Pamela Clare Daughter of Deceit by Carrie James Haynes Flowers For Her Grave by Jean Sheldon Falling Star by Diana Dempsey The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1) by Abbi Glines Chili Con Corpses (A Supper Club Mystery, #3) by J.B. Stanley Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9