Start by marking “Angels Fall” as Want to Read:
Angels Fall

Angels Fall

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  40,313 ratings  ·  1,309 reviews
#1 New York Times-bestselling author Nora Roberts explores the wilds of the Grand Tetons-and the mysteries of love, murder, and madness-in her engrossing and passionate new novel.

Reece Gilmore has come a long way to see the stunning view below her. As the sole survivor of a brutal crime back East, she has been on the run, desperately fighting the nightmares and panic attac
Published July 11th 2006 by Putnam

·  40,313 ratings  ·  1,309 reviews

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
Somewhere between 3 and 4 stars

Quite enjoyable. Heavier on romance than on suspense for most of the book.

Loved the small-town setting with all its quirks and follies though I wasn't too invested in the characters.

The heroine was annoying as hell but she grew some backbone eventually and thankfully didn't ruin too much of the book for me. The hero was likable enough.

The story was interesting but the mystery was a bit weak. I guessed the killer right from the beginning. The author gave him too muc
Fareya
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sometimes, when I can't decide what to read next, I just pick up one of Nora Roberts' romantic suspense novels and I am never disappointed. Nora sure knows how to leave her readers satisfied. Angels Fall is one of those exceptionally well written, engaging NR style thriller with just the right pace, fast enough to keep one interested, but taking its time to build up the plot and characters.

Based in a picturesque little town at the foot of the Grand Tetons, the story revolves around Reece Gilmor
♥Sharon♥
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Tulips were her favorite flower. I love them too!

I enjoyed this one. The narrator was good but not great. It took me a little while to warm up to her.

Enjoyable characters. Reese and Brody were a great match. And the secondary characters were fun too.

I did figure out the bad guy somewhere in the middle but it didn't take away from the story at all.

Jackie
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just couldn’t get into this book
Mimi
Not bad, but also not good either.

I mean, there are good parts, but they’re offset by little things I find annoying and there were a lot of these little things which accumulated at the end. So it was a bumpy read. The Montana setting and vivid descriptions of a small town sitting at the foot of the Grand Tetons were a nice touch though, and the main character was sympathetic. Easily my favorite part of the whole book was the setting. Everything else was mostly filler.

A couple of weeks ago my nei
SB*needs low angst books*
This was a really good story. I enjoyed the heroine Reece and the hero Brody. I got the audiobook version and I thought the narrator did a decent job telling the story.

Reece is a trained chef who survived a horrible attack and had many mental issues she dealt with afterward which after such an event is understandable.

Brody is a writer that has lived in the town after he quit a newspaper job and has become a novelist. He is blunt, a loner and observant. He doesn't coddle but does care when he le
Glamdring
*Buddy read with Blacky <3<3<3*

*4,5 stars*

Another great romantic suspense by Nora Roberts. I loved everything, the characters, the build up and the general plot.

The characters:
Reece is the only survivor of a traumatic event, she's roaming the country doing small jobs trying to find her way back to a "normal" life. Before that she was a successful chef. Because of what happened to her she's fragile, but mostly she's strong and I loved her temper tantrum.
Brody is a reclusive writer. He's
Karla
3 Stars! Not bad, but after listening to The Witness and being blown away by the narrator, plot and characters, this one didn't quite measure up. It took me a while to get used to the "voice" that was narrating this story, and I wonder if I had "read" the book, would I have enjoyed it more...I'm not sure.

The plot was intriguing, but at mid-point I guessed who the killer was. Nora Roberts tried so hard to direct your attention to another character and make it obvious it was him, that it was obvi
Cyndi
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Not my favorite of the great Nora. Of course its still Nora so...
I think its the characters that bothered me. I liked Reese. Not loved because I kept thinking she should just leave Angel's Fist. But, hey, no story then.
Her good points were many topped off with a love of cooking. Not my favorite thing to do, so anyone who wants to cook for me is my friend. 🍔😋
As for Brody? Didn't like him in the beginning and barely liked him in the end. Did I mention she liked to cook? Why did it take him so
Kogiopsis
I never expected much from Nora Roberts. After I was coerced convinced to try one by a friend, I picked up the unremarkable Time and Again and was, shall we say, less than impressed. Cordina's Crown Jewel (Cordina, #4) was an improvement; Morrigan's Cross was a misery. After four books, I had only a slightly better understanding of why people liked them so much. I never expected to give one of her novels five stars.

Well, Angels Fall deserved every one of them. Everything I disliked about the oth
Vinaya
It seems fitting to conclude Nothing But Nora Week with my absolute favourite Nora book of all time. Why do I like Angels Fall so much? Maybe because it is inspired by my two favourite psychological thrillers, Gaslight and Rear Window. I've watched both movies a million times, but I still get that goosebump-ey feeling as the dénouement approaches.

Reece Gilmore lands up in the little Wyoming town of Angels Fist while she's running away from the ghosts of her past. She finds a job as a short-orde
Mo
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mo by: Crystal~BIG book addict~
Another fine read from this author. 4.5 stars.

The sole survivor of a brutal crime back East, Reece Gilmore settles in Angel’s Fall, Wyoming—temporarily, at least—and takes a job at a local diner. One day, while hiking in the mountains, she peers through her binoculars and sees a couple arguing ... suddenly, the man is on top of the woman, his hands around her throat…

By the time Reece reaches a gruff loner named Brody farther down the trail, the pair is gone. And when authorities comb the are
Jane Stewart
Sep 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-mystery
3.5 stars. Enjoyable.

I read the physical book several years ago and thought it was good - 4 stars. But I changed my mind when I recently listened to the audiobook. The middle dragged too much. Maybe because I knew the ending and who the bad guy was, but I was tired of Reese being oblivious to all the things being done to her by the bad guy - trying to make her lose her mind. Although she did some interesting things, too much time was spent with her being a helpless victim.

The story is about a t
Lisa Kay

Five full stars! ★★★★★ I love books about chefs! Whether they are romances or mysteries; I just love the culinary theme (guess this explains my fascination with the Food Network!). Put the three together, and Wow! I’ve never been a huge Nora Roberts fan (though I do like her writing as J.D. Robb); nevertheless, I’ve picked up one or two of her books over the years and enjoyed them.

However, I’ve always liked Heather Locklear (I swear my sister-in-law could be her twin). Ms. Locklear starred in
Kathleen
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. From the perspective of a murder mystery, the plot was fairly gripping, but the killer was a bit obvious, and remained my most constant suspect throughout the book, even though I considered others, since it seemed too obvious.

I felt for heroine Reece, and all the harrowing terror she had been through in Boston, and now murder and malice here in Angels Fall, Wyoming, at the foot of the Grand Tetons. My heart went out to her when the killer tried to drive her loco. Well done!

Romance?
Nicola O.
Jul 05, 2007 rated it really liked it
I'm a bit undecided about a 3 vs. 4 for this one. I have a certain devotion to Nora Roberts that some might find irrational, but generally I find her characters interesting & distinguishable, and their conflict/relationships satisfying. My 3.5 rating rationale would go something like this:

*Never saw the 'whodunit' coming-- that's good!--4 stars!
*Plot holes that would enable the culprit to do what was done-- uh, 3 stars.

In the end, I'm giving it 4 because I like NR. If you are picky about my
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
This book was a light, but entertaining mystery/romance and about what you'd expect from Nora Roberts--i.e. well-written, with interesting characters, and a firm sense of place and people.

I really like Reece as someone recovering from a truly awful, traumatic experience. She's been nomadic for a while and settles in a small Wyoming town when her car breaks down there. It isn't long before she finds herself integrating into the town, making friends, and setting down the beginnings of roots.

I'm le
Angela
Dec 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ebooks
Turned out that, despite all the various Nora Roberts recommendations folks kindly gave me, the first non-J.D. Robb of hers that I read was Angels Fall, her latest paperback. Turned out to be pretty good, overall. A talented young chef, after being the only survivor of a violent crime back East, travels across the country and winds up in a small town in the mountains--where she is the only witness to a murder. Only did she really see what she thought she did? Most of the town is dubious, except ...more
Izy
Jan 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Rating 2.5- 3 stars.

Hmm the whole small town which should have come across as quaint and wholesome didn't...instead it came off across as a small town with a very idyllic view but extremely unempathetic people. I really don't understand why anyone would prefer to live there but Reece and Brody did clearly.

The only person I liked was Reece. She was a strong lead who had been through so much and was still trying to get back and be as normal as she could.

Her love interest Brody was a mystery write
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. This one was great! I loved Reece and Brody, and Reece's situation and her behavior and reactions as she began to heal emotionally were believable and handled well. The mystery had me suspecting quite a few people *I was wrong about the bad guy* and I loved seeing Reece begin to be angry about the way she was being played, instead of only being terrified. The evolution of her character had me pulling so hard for her.

All of the characters were enjoyable but Reece and Brody together ma
Yasmin
Dec 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Another good read by Nora, if a shade too long. I don't tend to read her stand-alone books, and this was one of the few I have tried. It was a good story, good plot and likeable characters. The support characters were also fun and realistic, giving the book a well rounded feel. I liked the backstory, and the tension was kept up throughout, except towards the end when I just wanted to know who the baddie was! It could have been edited a little more to make the pacing a little tighter is my only c ...more
Iza
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
I liked it. It wasn't bad, it wasn't her best, I just... liked it. Annika was a lot of fun. But I lost interest in the plot along the way.
Tânia
3,5

After reading Birthright, this book fell far short of expectations. I really liked all the elements of the story, especially the spectacular landscape. Loved the interaction between the townspeople. Reece Gilmore was an interesting character, but became more interesting after witnessing the murder and having her sanity put into question by almost everyone, given her traumatic past. Unfortunately, I don’t think she was given much depth. Same goes for Brody. I didn’t really like the guy, and e
D.R.
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Giving this a 4 star cause I am rereading it. That's my cut off for 4 stars. I don't reread a lot of books. I just can't most times. Even if the book was good or even okay. There has to be something more to make me want to crack it open again. My brain works weird that way. I dunno. Sometimes I can remember scenes from books from years and years ago and rereading a book makes me unhappy. Othertimes, I can't wait for enough time to pass for me to be able to open it back up. Angels Fall is a book ...more
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I think Heather Locklear as Reece Gilmore was a bad casting, she is too old to play her part opposite Johnathon Schaech.

Reece Gilmore is the sole survivor of a massacre at a Boston restaurant where she worked as a chef. She hits the open road with no destination in mind, desperate for a fresh start. When her car breaks down in a picturesque Wyoming town, Reece takes a job cooking at the local diner to earn enough to repair it and move on. But as she gets to know the townspeople, mystery writer B
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I was on a pretty good roll there for a bit. "No more TV!" I said. "I'll read instead!" I was finishing books at a respectable pace for a graduate student! Then school ended and you'd think I would be reading up a storm. Instead I got the world's cutest, smartest puppy and I have been working on a fluff book, a Nora Roberts re-read for THREE WEEKS. How embarrassing is that? I used to read in the morning during breakfast and at night before bed. Now on the rare occasions I am sitting down wi ...more
Jacqueline J
Dec 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Nora Roberts is usually a slightly above middle of the road read for me. This one she hit out of the park. Reece is the only survivor of a shooting spree in Boston. At her new place in Wyoming she witnesses a murder but because of her history of a breakdown after the first shooting no one believes her.

Characterization is wonderful. Reece grows over the course of the book. She starts out fragile and very damaged and grows stronger in what she is mentally able to accomplish and she doesn't give up
CaroB
I had originally read this back in 2011, but have to admit to having forgotten who the villain was in this when I started the re-read.
As for the protagonists, I absolutely loved Brody's surliness, his "no bullshit" attitude with a heart of gold. It's true that if I were to actually meet someone like him in real life, I probably would not give him the time of day after decided he was arrogant and rude, but Nora Roberts manages to make it understandable how he was exactly what Reece needed in her
ilovebakedgoods (Teresa)
This one was okay. It was a little long and drawn out. I liked the main character and most of the locals she became close to. Brody, the love interest, was a little bit of a jerk at first, the stern mask over his true feelings, etc, but he did help Reece keep perspective when she would start to go off the rails so I guess she needed a guy like that, one who wouldn't coddle her. As for the mystery, I had it figured out pretty early on so it was kind of draggy for me to get through a lot of the st ...more
Teechbiz
Mar 22, 2010 rated it liked it
I never saw myself as a Nora Roberts fan but I guess it took about four books before I finally decided I like Nora Roberts.

I didn't fall for the male lead but I never have in any of her other books. While he obviously cared about Reece he certainly wouldn't have won me over with his gruff manner.

I was pulled in by the who done it part of the book though. No spoiler here and once again I didn't realize the book had been made into a made for TV movie.

• Reunion in Death (In Death, #14)
  • All the Queen's Men (CIA Spies, #2)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
  • All Night Long
“Half full, half empty, what the hell difference does it make? If there's something in the damn glass, drink it.” 76 likes
“I didn't get fired."
"You didn't punch your boss and get fired from the Tribune? That's what I heard."
"I punched what could loosely be called a colleague for cribbing my notes on a story and since the editor–who happened to be the asshole's uncle–took his word over mine, I quit."
"To write books. Is it fun?"
"I guess it is."
"I bet you killed the asshole in the first one you wrote."
"You'd be right. Beat him to death with a shovel. Very satisfying.”
37 likes