UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Gingerlily - all cleaned up!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 801 (801 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Hi guys! Most of you know me from here and from the Amazon forums, and some of you know I have a story in a book that is coming out very soon. So I guess that makes me an author... (scratches head and wonders how that happened). I will be one of seven authors in an anthology of SciFi/Fantasy stories. It also includes our own Alison Buck, and I am sure she will be telling you about her part of it.
The book is call [Re]Awakenings, and is being published by Elsewhen Press. You can have a look at www.elsewhen.co.uk It will be launched on the 21st of November as an ebook, and in paperbook next march. I just checked on Amazon and it is listing the paperback for pre-order, but the ebook will not be there until the 21st.
My story is the last in the book - the idea being to start serious and finish on a lighter note. 'The Dragon and the Rose' is comic fantasy, with a flavour of a certain Mr Pratchett. This will not surprise anyone who knows me!
Ok - thats enough being serious for one evening. I have been forcibly Twittered and I will be posting soon as @elsewhenglily. When I figure out what I am doing that is....

message 2: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 1158 comments That's absolutely fantastic news, Gingerlily!! You know we're all ecstatic about this!!! Really look forward to reading your story!!

message 3: by Gingerlily - The Full Wild (last edited Nov 13, 2011 01:58PM) (new)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Shall I start a countdown calendar? And bump my thread every hour? I am shaking in my shoes at the thought of trying to announce this on Amazoo!

message 4: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Yay Gingerlily ! Congratulations once again !

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Aw thanks **blush**. Just hope you like the story. (and all the other ones of course).

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda | 33 comments Very exciting - I'm really looking forward to checking your story out! We'll circle the wagons for you when you announce it in the "other" place :D

message 7: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18544 comments well done GL!!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I think I need a few Raspberry Vodkas first.

message 9: by Mhairi (last edited Nov 13, 2011 02:25PM) (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 1158 comments Probably a good idea :D And if you want showing around on Twitter, add me: AMhairiSimpson and I'll happily introduce you to everyone who follows me (currently about 2300 people).

Edit: You should get TweetDeck too. It's a free download. AMAZING for handling Twitter. There's also Hootsuite, which I'm told uses less power.

message 10: by Gingerlily - The Full Wild (last edited Nov 13, 2011 02:43PM) (new)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Ok - have added you. The publisher will be setting us up on Tweetdeck. They have set me up with some followers already - one being SFX magazine!!!!!!!!

message 11: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments I'm looking forward to this. A chance to get my own back *evil laugh*

Although I know you well enough to know that I'm not going to be able to say anything that's not positive because there won't be anything negative to say.

Audrey (Seaholly) | 219 comments cant wait GL

message 13: by Alison (new)

Alison  Buck | 1299 comments Hi GL

Tee hee!! Exciting times eh?

7 days and counting...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Author thread!
I'm proud of you, Gingerlily. Congratulations.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Darren wrote: "I'm looking forward to this. A chance to get my own back *evil laugh*

Although I know you well enough to know that I'm not going to be able to say anything that's not positive because there won't ..."

What? You can't come up with anything??

And you are one of the privileged few who have already read the story.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Alison (GL's writing partner in crime ;-) wrote: "Hi GL

Tee hee!! Exciting times eh?

7 days and counting..."

Yeah! Have you started Twittering yet?

message 17: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Congratulations. Welcome to a life of sex, drugs and ... oh, sorry, that's rock stars :/

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Shaun wrote: "Congratulations. Welcome to a life of sex, drugs and ... oh, sorry, that's rock stars :/"

What do authors get then? An extra bowl of custard once a week?

message 19: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Gingerlily (ok, so how DOES Twitter work then?) wrote: "Shaun wrote: "Congratulations. Welcome to a life of sex, drugs and ... oh, sorry, that's rock stars :/"

What do authors get then? An extra bowl of custard once a week?"

Can't afford that much luxury!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Oh dear...has anyone an emergency supply of custard? Sounds like Shaun could really do with some.

message 21: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25096 comments I'm looking forward to reading this Gingerlily. As to announcing on Am- we'll be there to back you up!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Aw thanks .. again! Its great to know I have a lovely bunch of friends ready to back me up.

message 23: by Alison (new)

Alison  Buck | 1299 comments "Yeah! Have you started Twittering yet?"

Morning GL ;-)

Twittering? Yikes! I've paddled in the shallow end of social media, but with Twitter I'm sooo out of my depth ;-(

Let me know if you figure it out.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Alison (GL's writing partner in crime ;-) wrote: ""Yeah! Have you started Twittering yet?"

Morning GL ;-)

Twittering? Yikes! I've paddled in the shallow end of social media, but with Twitter I'm sooo out of my depth ;-(

Let me know if you fig..."

I started last night and its quite fun. Found a few of the regular suspects on there and started chatting.

message 25: by Alison (new)

Alison  Buck | 1299 comments OK now I'll have to get my twittering act together - you're making me look bad ;-)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Just start tweeting at me and I'll reply. Next time I can get to the loo and check my phone...

message 27: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 1158 comments Just heading over myself, Gingerlily. Saw you added me. SFX is following you? So jealous *pout*

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Mhairi wrote: "Just heading over myself, Gingerlily. Saw you added me. SFX is following you? So jealous *pout*"

I think if you add them they add you or something. Although I must admit I had a mini-meltdown when i saw that.....

message 29: by Alison (new)

Alison  Buck | 1299 comments Gingerlily (Twitter, Twitter little star) wrote: "Just start tweeting at me and I'll reply. Next time I can get to the loo and check my phone..."

Thanks. Will do. But first I'm going to take the plunge and put up an author's page here on GR.
See you later ;-)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Good idea - will take a peep when its done.

message 31: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 1158 comments Gingerlily (Twitter, Twitter little star) wrote: "Mhairi wrote: "Just heading over myself, Gingerlily. Saw you added me. SFX is following you? So jealous *pout*"

I think if you add them they add you or something. Although I must admit I had a m..."

Not everyone follows back, so that's still pretty impressive!!

message 32: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Gingerlily (Twitter, Twitter little star) wrote: "Darren wrote: "I'm looking forward to this. A chance to get my own back *evil laugh*

Although I know you well enough to know that I'm not going to be able to say anything that's not positive bec..."

I did get to read it, and enjoyed it, but I am sure that you have made endless revisions and improvements since then. I'm expecting literary special effects on a scale that can only be termed 'awesome'.

So, no pressure.

message 33: by Philip (new)

Philip Whiteland | 3171 comments Congratulations, I've come a little late to this thread. You deserve every success with the book. I've done the 'follow' thing on Twitter, so look forward to hearing how it develops.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Darren - there has been some polishing and corrections done, but no major changes so it will still be close to what you saw. Now I know what you feel like....

Hi Philip - Thanks, I saw that and am following you too.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Golly, I got SciFiNow following me as well....

message 36: by Alison (last edited Nov 14, 2011 05:35AM) (new)

Alison  Buck | 1299 comments Gingerlily (Twitter, Twitter little star) wrote: "Golly, I got SciFiNow following me as well...."

Hi GL. Back again
OK, Meet the Authors bit done. Now to tackle Twitter.
I'm going out...I may be some time ;-)

Woohoo! SFX AND SciFiNow!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments I knew it Ginger. You are really 'him' aren't you!

message 38: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Gingerlily (Twitter, Twitter little star) wrote: "Darren - there has been some polishing and corrections done, but no major changes so it will still be close to what you saw. Now I know what you feel like...."

I thought you'd known that for a while.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Yes Darren.... but that wasn't the kind of feeling I was talking about!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Simon (Highwayman) wrote: "I knew it Ginger. You are really 'him' aren't you!"

What? Who?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Naw, she's the other one, Simon.

message 42: by Julia (new)

Julia Hughes (juliahughesbooks) | 7 comments What do authors get then? An extra bowl of custard once a week?
An extra slab of chocolate, a couple of inches round the waist, stronger specs and a dowager hump from hunching over the monitor.

Julia @Tinkertoldmeto

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Well come to think of it, I do need to get my eyes tested. And I am trying to stay off the chocolate. I haven't got the hump yet...

message 44: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 1158 comments I've got the hump. And the chocolate. Between the two of us, Gingerlily, we add up to one whole author :D

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Sounds about right...

message 46: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 1158 comments :D I'm just popping to get that chocolate...

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Gingerlily, That's very exciting. Good luck with your sales.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Well done Gingerlily!!

:0)

message 49: by Pat () (new)

Pat ()  | 29 comments Congratulations Gingerlily, I feel privileged to have had a peak early.So pleased for you.

message 50: by Steve (new)

Steve Robinson (steverobinson) | 2930 comments Way to go, GL! I'm off to Twitterland now to follow your tweets...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17