Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Coffee Corner > NO HOLDS BARRED - CHAT!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 169 (169 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
You ever just wanna chat? Be yourself and laugh? This is the place for it.. Inspired by our recent chats on Whatcha Readin... Lets talk real... Without censorship..

message 2: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Love it! Thanks for starting this .....

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) You don't want me to go there! Have you ever seen any of my TMI conversations?

message 4: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

TOTALLY want your TMI Stacia, that what makes your rock.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) If the conversation involves periods, pee, or orgasms, chances are, I'll probably have something weird to contribute.

message 6: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Awesome... Truth is, we probably all share the TMI moments, and some of us need a place to vent... You can find humor in almost anything.. And its great to share the laughter.

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) We ... or at least I want those!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 131 comments Love this, and me too. I will start with the crazy contributions. Shell, you recently mentioned feeling like a prude. Sistah, you are not alone. There was a thread in another group talking about when people had their "first time." Everyone seemed to be 15 or 16. I was 21!!! Still feeling like a prude, though my hubby wouldn't call me one! :) Ok embarrassing post OVER.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Yeah, I know. I was one of the 15 club. That doesn't make you a prude though!

I was raised in a VERY strict and conservative home, so that might have been my inner rebel coming out. I wasn't allowed to listen to music off the radio or watching anything more than G movie until I was almost a teenager.

message 10: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Wow Stacia! It is funny what parents want for their kids and think certain restrictions will make it happen. I was 16, I wanted to do it earlier though. My first was a serious boyfriend. But after him there were others, including a teacher for awhile (I dated him if that is possible and considered him my boyfriend - when I was 16 and a junior). My parents didn't restrict me, they probably should have watched me better but I was responsible with birth control.

Laura we all have our own pace. There is nothing wrong with that.

message 11: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Ooo, nice. Venting. Discussions. Debates. Debates with myself. Wonderful!

A question: If you could be a character in a book, what kind of character would you want to be?

I wouldn't mind being the damsel in distress. LOL!

message 12: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Denise wrote: "Ooo, nice. Venting. Discussions. Debates. Debates with myself. Wonderful!

A question: If you could be a character in a book, what kind of character would you want to be?

I wouldn't mind being th..."

I totally would be the feisty bar wench, who falls in love with a bastard scot...

message 13: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I almost dont want to admit how old I was.. But I opened this preverbial can of worms... I was.... (I am literally scrunching my face.. getting the nerve to hist the post button).... 12....

message 14: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Personally, I admire you for waiting till you were 21, Laura. You probably appreciated it a whole lot more.

message 15: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Me, Prude? Definatly... but only when it comes to myself... I am totally open minded in every other way.. I am so weird... I cant even say 'those' words out loud, As Leah bugged me about earlier in another post... Ima strange duck, that fo' sure.

message 16: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Shell like I said we all have our own pace. My husband was 12 too.

I'd want to be one of the women in Robyn Carr's Virgin River series.

message 17: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Shell wrote: I totally would be the feisty bar wench, who falls in love with a bastard scot... "LOL! Well, at least you'd have fun.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Start reading more erotica. After a few months of it, you'll begin to realize that you have kinks you weren't aware of. At least I did. It's crazy when you find out certain things turn you on that you weren't expecting.

message 19: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Problem is, virtually EVERYTHING turns me on... That has never been the problem... Voicing it, however.....

message 20: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Denise wrote: "Shell wrote: I totally would be the feisty bar wench, who falls in love with a bastard scot... "LOL! Well, at least you'd have fun."

*sigh*... Probably a blast.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) As for book character, there's a part of me who would want to be the plucky, quirky heroine, and the other part would want to be the kick-butt heroine.

message 22: by Leea (new)

Leea Stacia ~ far from home wrote: "You don't want me to go there! Have you ever seen any of my TMI conversations?"

I was just thinking the same thing about myself... look out ladies :)

message 23: by Leea (new)

Leea I used to feel like a prude but then I started stepping out of the box *cough Cough* sometimes it get's me into trouble (like my husband wondering where I got my new skills - thanks Stacia ;) but most of the time he's a happy happy man.

I was 17 when I first had sex and I have to say, i'm glad I waited but I also wish I had dated and had sex with more guys before I was married... Shocking I know. I was always so 'responsible' and there are times I wish I could have been more free and tried more stuff.

message 24: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Its like the curly hair vs straight hair mentality.. You always want the opposite of what you have, or in this case 'had'.... Dont get me wrong, even though I was virtually a baby, I have no regrets... every step I took, made me who I am today, so it was meant to be...

message 25: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Stacia... I want SKILZ....Share, please.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I laughed at your comment, as if I came over to your house and taught you some skills.

Not that it wouldn't be a fun time, but I'm pretty sure we haven't hooked up yet.

message 27: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

LMAO

message 28: by Leea (last edited Nov 11, 2011 03:23PM) (new)

Leea Hahaha... It did sound like that! Sorry :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) No need to apologize. Apparently, I'm good in the sack. :p

message 30: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 88 comments Lmao. Oo yay fun place is Here. I just got home n had like 20 emails hit my phone so had to come check out. I'd prob the kick ass heroine w a tender spot for a bad ass vampire. Lol. ;-). And I was 19 when I had sex for the first time and it was not with ideal man. Too bad for me. But since than I have had some crazy ass nights and a couple one nights. Lol.

message 31: by Leea (new)

Leea LMAO... I'm sure you are ;)

You ever feel like you're putting your foot in your mouth all day - I do!

message 32: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Your mouth is the best place for feet... IMO... And no not in the foot fetish way.

message 33: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 88 comments Lol

message 34: by D.G. (new)

D.G. LMAO!! You rock, Stacia!!

I was 15 or 16 (I remember it being around my b-day so I can't remember exactly)....and it was terrible! It hurt so freaking much that I didn't try it again for like a year.

I wish I had waited longer but on the other hand, I wish I had slept with more guys or at least be more assertive. I didn't have a good lover until I met my husband...when we had sex for the first time I was like OMG!! I couldn't believe it could be that good (now I sound like a heroine.)

message 35: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Shell - You're not the only one! I have a problem saying certain 'dirty' words...I don't think I've ever said c*ck and p*ssy out loud! The other day my husband asked me how to say c*ck in Spanish and I couldn't tell him!

In general, I don't talk to anybody about these things so I'm always happy to share with you guys, LOL!

message 36: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Nov 12, 2011 09:00AM) (new)

Me too DG... I am exactly the same way. Truth be told, Even though I was 12 my first time, I never even had an orgasm till my husband, and that only happened FINALLY 3 years ago... We had been together 11 years before my body finally figured it out.. Personally I think it is because I was so young, and experimented too much with all the wrong types of guys, my body shut itself off somehow... It was so FRUSTRATING... But now, I finally know what all the fuss is about... Lol.

Its weird, cause I am not shy... Like AT ALL... and I have no problem talking freely about sex, (Obviously)... but the dirty words... they get me EVERY time....

message 37: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

*** WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING***

The people of Walmart exist... I REPEAT, THE PEOPLE OF WALMART EXIST... my eyes... MY EYES......

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Bad shopping trip?

That website is hilarious and scary at the same time.

message 39: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

No, I work 12 hour shifts at Sussex Insurance, we are located inside Walmart... I cant believe what I see.. Like, how do you keep your eyes away??... You can't... I promise you, as much as you DO NOT want to look, your eyes have other plans...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) People seem to forget that Wal-Mart is not their living room at home.

message 41: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I know, Lol. Oh well.. Broke the monotony of the day atleast.

message 42: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Where is everybody??? I have been stalking GR since I got here at 9am..... Sad, this life I live... :)

message 43: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I've been here, lol.

message 44: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Phewf... started feeling like it was the end of the world, as we know it... Gettin a lil nervous.

message 45: by Leea (new)

Leea Haha!!! I'm coming home from Apple Hill. Cheesy family pictures coming. Lol!!!

message 46: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Yay..... Can't wait... I LOVE Cheese.

message 47: by D.G. (new)

D.G. What is the people of Walmart?

We don't have a Walmart in NYC so I've been in one once when I was in Texas for a business trip (and the person I was traveling with needed to buy some stuff.)

message 48: by Leea (new)

Leea They are putting a huge new Walmart right near my house and i'm so bummed. They fought it for years and my friends husband's law firm has been leading that fight, well they lost.

D.G. watch out... I hear that Walmart is now trying to buy up retail space in 'big' cities so they can start to infiltrate that market. So you might just see a big Walmart right in NYC. Crazy!!

Cheesy family Apple Hill Pictures:
[image error]

[image error]
2 years apart... but they look like twins. haha!!
[image error]
My baby... not so little anymore :)

message 49: by Courtney (new)

Courtney  | 337 comments Horses! Lucky boys =)

Your boys are so cute, Leea! It seems like you guys had fun and were relaxed!

I had a similar thing happen to me with WalMart. I live in a very small suburban area and they decided to dump a WalMart near our neighborhood and we even had protestors but they built it anyway.

message 50: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) So sweet leea, and you are right -- not so little. So fun, but a little bit sad to watch them grow. Leea, that is a darned beautiful family!

For years Chicago (the city itself, not the burbs) had a ban on Wal-Mart but just added 2 -- so NYC may be next I think you are right.

« previous 1 3 4