Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

List O' Favorites

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nikki (aka Quinn) | 69 comments I found this on Fantasy Casting/Facebook...
fill out the list for yourself!

Nikki (aka Quinn) | 69 comments I'll start:

Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: The Bible
Day 03 – Your favorite series: The Hunger Games
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: The Hunger Games
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: Bloody Jack Series… all of them on audio!
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Crazy by Han Nolan (at parts)
Day 07 – Most underrated book: Fire by Kristin Cashore
Day 08 – Most overrated book: Shiver/Linger by Maggie Shiefvater
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: Twilight
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: Go Tell it on the Mountain by James Baldwin/The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
Day 11 – A book you hated: Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway (well novella…)
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: all V.C. Andrew books
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Right now… Juliet Marillier
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: Daughter of the Forest
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Todd from Chaos Walking Trilogy
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Jacky Faber from Bloody Jack Series by L.A. Meyer
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: “There is a way to be good again” in The Kite Runner
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: The Immortal Series by Alyson Noel
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: Les Miserable
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: The Raging Quiet by Sherryl Jordan (book with a romance not a romance novel)
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: The Giver by Lois Lowry
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: Catcher in the Rye J.D. Salinger
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Jason in Crazy by Han Nolan
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: The Fever Series
Day 28 – Favorite title: Monsters of Men
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Matched and Wither (not that everyone hated them but they are sort run of the mill but I still really liked them)
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: wowzers… The Hunger Games or The Kite Runner

message 3: by Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (last edited Jun 28, 2011 03:39PM) (new)

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 374 comments Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: Queen of Camelot by Nancy McKenzie
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare/Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
Day 03 – Your favorite series: The Mortal Instruments
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
Day 07 – Most underrated book: Lord of the Fading Lands & the rest of the series by C.L. Wilson
Day 08 – Most overrated book: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Day 11 – A book you hated: White Cat by Holly Black
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore:
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Juliet Marillier/Cassandra Clare/C.L. Wilson
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: Son of the Shadows by Marillier
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Jamie from Outlander/Jace from The Mortal Instruments
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Liadan from Son of the Shadows by Juliet Marillier
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: ""When the day shall come that we do part, if my last words are not I love you - ye'll ken it was because I didna' have the time." from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Halfway To The Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: Lord of the Rings
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul series) by C.L. Wilson
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: Kazen the Wolf Dog by James Oliver Curwood
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurty
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: All of Juliet Marillier's books
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Bella in Twilight (she was me in High School & I probably would have done many of the dumb things she did)
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (didn't change it - formed it)
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
Day 28 – Favorite title: A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin (not hated but not real popular)
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (it made me think and it is a romance, mystery, epic story of what COULD happen)

Wow, so many favorite and wonderful books I did not mention!

message 4: by Wendy F (last edited Jun 27, 2011 01:26PM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I feel like I did this before, but I'll fill it out again. (I'll try to keep every answer from being Outlander. :)

Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: So Many! I guess I'll go with The Piper's Son
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: The Sherbrooke Bride
Day 03 – Your favorite series: Outlander
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: Outlander
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: Books leave me with complex feelings, so it's hard to pick one that makes me 'happy'. I'll go with Mine till Midnight
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Same as above, books make me more then just 'sad', but I'll say Where The Red Fern Grows
Day 07 – Most underrated book: Jellicoe Road
Day 08 – Most overrated book: Twilight
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: It
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: Anne of Green Gables
Day 11 – A book you hated: The Thorn Birds
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: The Vampire Diaries
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Diana Gabaldon/Melina Marchetta
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: Outlander/Jellicoe Road
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Jamie from Outlander (agreed again, Terry)
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: "I mean, really. Who sends their kid to boarding school? It's so Hogwarts. Only mine doesn't have cute boy wizards or magic candy or flying lessons." — Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss)
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Bloody Jack
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: Harry Potter and the prizoner of Azkaban
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: Lover Eternal
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: Dark Angel
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: Outlander
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: Pride and Prejudice
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: Anything by Melina Marchetta
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Cassie from The Year of the Secret Assignments
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: It
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: Shadowfever
Day 28 – Favorite title: Ella Minnow Pea
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Bloody Jack
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: Outlander

It is really hard to pick. I have so many favorite books and quotes that I wish I could just put all of them.

Nikki (aka Quinn) | 69 comments Terry, I started to get really into Juliet after joining this site!! I lovvee her books.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 374 comments @Nikki - I LOVE Juliet Marillier's books - every one of them and I have them all.

@Bluemoon Everyone does not hate I am Number Four - I gave it five stars and I don't usually like science fiction. But I do know a lot of people don't like it.

And I edited mine as to the most underrated book as I thought it meant as far as ratings on here but I guess it means the most "under-read" book. This is fun to read though - we are so different but then hit on some things the same.

message 7: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 484 comments It is taking so much restraint not to do this when I know I have homework to be doing...I will be doing this this weekend!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: The Passage
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: There are oh so many. All of the Harry Potter books, all of the Lord of the Rings, all of the His Dark Materials, and a multitude of standalone novels.
Day 03 – Your favorite series: The Lord of the Rings
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: The Return of the King
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: Stardust
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: The Book Thief - I can't ever remember crying so much.
Day 07 – Most underrated book: A Matter of Magic
Day 08 – Most overrated book: The Name of the Wind
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: The Hunger Games
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: The Lord of the Rings
Day 11 – A book you hated: The Great Gatsby
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: Go Ask Alice
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Neil Gaiman
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: Neverwhere
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Locke Lamora from The Lies of Locke Lamora/Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games (particularly Mockingjay, though)
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Alanna from The Song of the Lioness Quartet, although Arya Stark might pass her by the time I finish the series of A Song of Ice and Fire.
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: “The horror! The horror!” Kurtz from Heart of Darkness
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Graceling
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: The Lord of the Rings (extended editions, of course!)
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: The Shadow of the Wind/Memoirs of a Geisha
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: To Kill a Mockingbird
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: To read: The Lord of the Rings. To look at: I have a first edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling that’s still wrapped.
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: The Mists of Avalon
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: The Emperor's Edge
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Noisy Nora
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: The Giver
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: The Shadow of the Wind
Day 28 – Favorite title: The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: The Catcher in the Rye
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: The Lord of the Rings

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 374 comments @Laura, I love The Mists of Avalon but fell in love with Queen of Camelot even more. The Mists of Avalon is more of an epic book and they all tell the story differently. Queen of Camelot brought me to loving Arthur, Lancelot, and Guenevere like no other book ever has. I am reading A Clash of Kings now and Arya Stark is a favorite character.

message 10: by Sue (new)

Sue Tint (suetintlovesindies) | 15 comments Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: Promise by Kristie Cook
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: Twilight
Day 03 – Your favorite series: Twilight Series (following closely by Vampire Academy & The Hunger Games)
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: New Moon
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: Happiness is a Warm Puppy (Charles Schultz) I don't read a lot of happy books :)
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Purpose by Kristie Cook (I cried like a baby reading this)
Day 08 – Most overrated book: Hush Hush
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: Morganville Vampires (and now I love the entire series!)
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: East of Eden, Steinbeck
Day 11 – A book you hated: Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: Woman on the Edge of Time, Marge Piercy (at one point I felt like it defined me, not so much anymore)
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Stephenie Meyer
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: The entire Twilight Saga
Day 15 – Favorite male character: I absolutely love Bones from the Night Huntress series - yum
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy - hands down!
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: "Fall down again, Bella? No Emmett, I punched a werewolf in the face." (Eclipse)
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Everlasting, Alyson Noel (and 2nd runner up, Feed by Mia Grant)
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: New Moon
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: I don't read strictly romance, but there is a lot of romance in the stuff I read, so I'd have to say Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead (love me some Dimitri)
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: Watership Down
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: Twilight (is there a pattern here ;)
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: iRobot
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: Graceling, Kristen Cashore
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: wow,,, Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy, I don't know
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: Feed, Mira Grant
Day 28 – Favorite title: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Matched, Allie Condie
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: It's going to have to be Twilight,,, it just changed the way I read!

message 11: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) | 350 comments Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: Graceling by, Kristin Cashore
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: Vampire Kisses
Day 03 – Your favorite series: His Dark Materials
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series:The Amber Spyglass
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: Eyes Like Stars
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Lurlene McDaniel novels
Day 07 – Most underrated book: Shiver
Day 08 – Most overrated book: Vampire Academy
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: Evernight
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: To Kill A Mockingbird
Day 11 – A book you hated: The Forest of Hands and Teeth
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: Twilight
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Holly Black
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: Valiant
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Stark
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Katsa from Graceling
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: "You don't love someone because of their clothes, their looks or their car. You love them because they sing a song only you can understand." Secret Vampire by, LJ Smith
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Evermore by Alyson Noel
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: I Am Number Four
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: Witch Hunt
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: Wringer
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: Pride and Prejudice
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: After Hamelin
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Val from Valiant by, Holly Black (not sure why)
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: XVI
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Day 28 – Favorite title: One of Those Hideous Books Where The Mother Dies (don't ask why)
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: The Golden Compass (read it in 7th grade and everyone hated it but me)
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: Abhorsen Series or His Dark Materials

message 12: by Lauren (last edited Jul 02, 2011 10:08AM) (new)

Lauren Kennedy (laurenxo) Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: Room
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: Where Rainbows End (which is also published as Love, Rosie)
Day 03 – Your favorite series: Harry Potter
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: Goblet of Fire
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: Light a Penny Candle
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Ways to Live Forever
Day 07 – Most underrated book: The Sky is Everywhere
Day 08 – Most overrated book: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: Water for Elephants
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Day 11 – A book you hated: The Slap
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: Stolen
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: At the moment it would be Ned Vizzini
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: It's Kind of a Funny Story
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Jacob from House Rules
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Lucy in Sing You Home
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." - Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Slammerkin
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: My Sister's Keeper
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: PS I Love You
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: Goodnight Mister Tom
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: Skipping this one, it's not fair on my other books. I love them all equally.
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: Looking for Alaska
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: The Cut of Love
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Craig in It's Kind of a Funny Story
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: Nineteen Minutes
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Day 28 – Favorite title: Be More Chill
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Flowers in the Attic (everyone said it was a sick and twisted book and badly written)
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: Skipping, this is not fair on my other books.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I know ive done this in a diffrent group before, but ill do it again =)

Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year(2011): Blood of Adoria by J.S. Chancellor
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Day 03 – Your favorite series: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: The Fellowship of the Ring
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Day 07 – Most underrated book: Son of Ereubus J.S. Chancellor
Day 08 – Most overrated book: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: Succubus Blues Richelle Mead
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: Alice in Wonderland
Day 11 – A book you hated: Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore:
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Oh i cant really choose cause there are so many
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer:
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Georgina from the Georgina Kincaid series
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf the Grey in The Fellowship of the Ring
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: The Lord of the Rings
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: The Brothers Lionheart by Astrid Lindgren
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: Oh to many, I own most books that ive read..
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: Son of Ereubus by J.S. Chancellor
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Embarrasing enough, Bella from The Twilight saga, because im just as clumsy and a loner lol
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something:
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead
Day 28 – Favorite title: Destined for an Early Grave
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (cant say everyone else in the world hate a books except you, but this is a book that many both love and hate)
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Cassi aka Snow White Haggard | 2261 comments This is similar to a thing we did before but a few questions are different. Or maybe just a few questions are missing.

Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: Please Ignore Vera Dietz
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce
Day 03 – Your favorite series: WHAT I HAVE TO CHOOSE? UM...AbhorsenHarryPotterHunger Games. That's a series right?
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: Lirael
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy:Hex Hall
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Where the Red Ferns Grow
Day 07 – Most underrated book: Chaos Walking (not by this group but by the rest of the universe because it should be crazy popular)
Day 08 – Most overrated book: Twilight
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: Soulless
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: East of Eden (remember loving it but don't expect me to remember it that well)
Day 11 – A book you hated: Moby Dick
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: Lurlene McDaniels depressing dying teenager books
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Melina Marchetta
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: Jellicoe Road
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Peeta
Day 16 – Favorite female character: October Daye or Sophie Mercer
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book:
"It's funny how you can forget everything except people loving you. Maybe that's why humans find it so hard getting over love affairs. It's not the pain they're getting over, it's the love." Melina Marchetta, Jellicoe Road
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Shiver
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: Harry Potter series!
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: um. Does Daughter of the Forest count for me? Since I tend to avoid romance books?
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: Snug the bug
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: Looking for Alibrandi (ebook counts as ownership)
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: Eli the Good by Silas House (local author)
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: Chaos Walking series
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: I don't know. I'm feeling particularly boring at the moment & can't think of anything.
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: A Walk in the Woods by Billy Bryson
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: Hex Hall/Demonglass
Day 28 – Favorite title: The true meaning of Smekday
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Forest of Hands and Teeth
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: Jellicoe Road (at the moment)

Nikki (aka Quinn) | 69 comments Sorry, I didn't realize this had been done in this group before :/ o well..tastes change right lol

Cassi aka Snow White Haggard | 2261 comments Nikki (aka Quinn) wrote: "Sorry, I didn't realize this had been done in this group before :/ o well..tastes change right lol"

Oh this one is different, slightly. But I don't mind answering again. Hence why I did lol

Nikki (aka Quinn) | 69 comments :) I like lists

message 18: by Janet (last edited Jul 02, 2011 07:01PM) (new)

Janet | 80 comments To make it easier for myself I'm keeping my answers to MG/YA only.

Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: Shine by Lauren Myracle
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: almost everything I own
Day 03 – Your favorite series: Tamora Pierce's Tortall series
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: Trickster's Queenor Terrier
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld and After the Golden Age by Carrie Vaughn
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Deerskin by Robin McKinley
Day 07 – Most underrated book: everything by Emma Bull
Day 08 – Most overrated book: Shiver by Maggie Shiefvater and Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead and The Book of the Dun Cow by Walter Wangerin, Jr
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: Under the Lilacs by Louisa May Alcott
Day 11 – A book you hated: Warlock Rock by Christopher Stasheff
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: too many to choose- longest-standing favorite is Robin McKinley
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: The Blue Sword
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Capt Will Laurence and Temeraire in His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Kerowyn in By the Sword (Kerowyn's Tale) by Mercedes Lackey
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: "Not forgiving someone is like not pulling a thorn out of your foot just because you weren't the one to put it there." - The Wizard of London by Mercedes Lackey
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: The Three Musketeers and everything Austen (Brit versions)
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: Spindle's End by Robin McKinley (book with a romance not a romance novel - sorry haven't read any romance in forever)
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: Theater Shoes by Noel Streatfeld, and the The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: The Silmarillion by Tolkein
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane and Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancroft
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Agnes in Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: Dogsbody by Diana Wynne Jones
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
Day 28 – Favorite title: The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Blissby Lauren Myracle
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: Dragonsongby Anne McCaffrey ? I don't have one favorite, really.

message 19: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (closer2coma86) | 83 comments Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Day 02 – A book that you've read more than three times: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire/Half Blood Prince
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. It's heartbreaking.
Day 07 – Most underrated book: But I Love Him by Amanda Grace
Day 08 – Most overrated book: Fallen by Lauren Kate
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: Tie between The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck and Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank
Day 11 – A book you hated: The Morganville Vampires series
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: The Babysitters Club series
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Melissa Marr
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: Wicked Lovely
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Ash from The Iron Fey series and Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Hermione Granger from Harry Potter or Izzy Spellman from the Spellman Files
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: I'm not going to list it here, but you can find in my review for Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire/Half Blood Prince
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: N/A
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: The Babysitters Club series
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: Harry Potter series
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: The Mortal Instruments series
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: The Spellman Files series by Lisa Lutz
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: I have no idea.
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: Once again, Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Day 28 – Favorite title: Not appropriate to put here, but just look up Carlton Mellick III
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Anything by Emily Giffin
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: Harry Potter, of course.

message 20: by Kurukka (new)

Kurukka Oh, this is interesting.

Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: Looking for Alaska
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: Er, I don't reread books.
Day 03 – Your favorite series: The Bartimeaus Trilogy
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: Ptolemy's Gate
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: The Percy Jackson series. Good to cheer you up.
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Forbidden, by Tabitha Suzuma
Day 07 – Most underrated book: Uh, dunno.
Day 08 – Most overrated book: Eragon, by Christopher Paolini
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: The Goth and the Ghost
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: Peter Pan, by J.M. Barrie
Day 11 – A book you hated: Madame Bovary, by Flaubert
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: The Twilight saga
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Uh, let's say Jonathan Stroud.
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: Again, Ptolemy's Gate
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Todd from the Chaos Walking Trilogy
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Kitty, from The Bartimeaus Trilogy
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: "If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals", Sirius Black from Harry Potter
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: Peter Pan (the 2005 adaptation)
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: Chaos Walking Trilogy (not a romance book but it includes the romance I like best)
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: O Meu Pé de Laranja Lima, by José Mauro de Vasconcelos
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: Well, I own them all but let's say Chaos Walking Trilogy (ex-equeo with The Bartimeaus Trilogy actually)
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: Les Misérables, by Victor Hugo
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: I don't care about that xD
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Todd, from Chaos Walking Trilogy, for the fits of anger.
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: Harry Potter, by J.K. Rowling
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: The Chaos Walking Trilogy
Day 28 – Favorite title: Mockingjay
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Dunno
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: Honestly, I can't decide. I'd say The Knife Of Never Letting Go, from the Chaos Walking Trilogy, because this one really turned me upside down at a time where I couldn't enjoy any book I read.

message 21: by Barty (new)

Barty Crouch JR | 1 comments Oh, this is interesting.

Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: THE SEPTTAVALENT STONE
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: CHAMBER OF SECRETS
Day 03 – Your favorite series: HARRY POTTER SERIES
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: CHAMBER OF SECRETS
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: THE SEPTAVALENT STONE
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: DEATHLY HALLOWSS
Day 07 – Most underrated book: WHIZZARD
Day 08 – Most overrated book: HUSH HUSH
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: POISON STUDY
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: HUCKLEBERRY FINN
Day 11 – A book you hated: TWILIGHT
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: THE MAGICIAN'S NEPHEW
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: Uh, let's say Jk Rowling
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: Again, chamber od secrets
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Uncle Jeffery from THE SEPTAVALENT STONE
Day 16 – Favorite female character: It used to be Hermoine, but now it's Aloysia of THE SEPTAVALENT STONE
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: "It's our choices far more than our abilities that make us who we are", Dumbledore from Harry Potter
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer but i still finished the series
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: Sorcerer's stone
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: Sixteenth summer
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: Narnia 2
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: Chamber of secrets and The Septavalent Stone
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: Cupelper's herbal guide
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: The Septavalent Stone
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Andrew from The Septavalent Stone
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: Harry Potter, by J.K. Rowling
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: Prisoner of Azkaban
Day 28 – Favorite title: Prisoner of Azkaban
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Dunno
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: Honestly, I can't decide. For now it's still Chamber of secrets

message 22: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: The Twilight Saga
Day 03 – Your favorite series: Black Dagger Brotherhood - JR Ward
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: Lover Awakened
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: Rough Riders Series - Lorelei James
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Same as above, books make me more then just 'sad', but I'll say Where The Red Fern Grows
Day 07 – Most underrated book: In the Spotlight - Ann Mauren
Day 08 – Most overrated book: Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: Lord of the Flies
Day 11 – A book you hated: The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: The Twilight Saga (I don't hate them or anything, I'm just not obsessed anymore)
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: JR Ward & Jeaniene Frost
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: Lover Awakened & One Foot in the Grave
Day 15 – Favorite male character: Zsadist from BDB
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Wendy from the Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" — J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Evermore by Allyson Noel
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: Water for Elephants
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: Lover Eternal - JR Ward
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: The Boxcar Children (Book 1)
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: The Passage - Justin Cronin
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: Dracula - Bram Stoker
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: In the Spotlight - Ann Mauren
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: somewhat Bella from Twilight & somewhat Sookie Stackhouse...and yes, I know they are complete and total opposites!
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: Bridges of Madison County
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: Ascend (Trylle Trilogy) - Amanda Hocking
Day 28 – Favorite title: How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire - Kerrelyn Sparks
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Twilight Saga (it's either love or hate for most)
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: The Passage by Justin Cronin

message 23: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latashamd) | 58 comments Day 01 – Favorite book you read this year: Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than three times: Harry Potter (entire series!!)
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy: Night Huntress novels (all of them!)
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad: Art of Racing in The Rain
Day 08 – Most overrated book: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Day 10 – Favorite classic book: Pride and Prejudice
Day 11 – A book you hated: The Invisible Man Ralph Ellison
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore: all V.C. Andrew books
Day 13 – Your favorite writer: JK Rowling/Kristen Cashore
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer: Harry Potter 3, Graceling
Day 15 – Favorite male character: SO HARD! Bones from Night Huntress is the first to pop into my head. Peeta from Hunger Games, Edward, Jace from Mortal Instruments... GAH!
Day 16 – Favorite female character: Katniss from Hunger Games, Katsa from Graceling, Evie from Paranormalcy, Jane Eyre, Elizabeth from P&P
Day 17 – Favorite quote from a book: "In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." Darcy from P&P there are more but that's the only one I know by <3 lol
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie: Pride and Prejudice (Kiera Knightly version) or Jane Eyre (newest one!) and Harry Potter 7.2
Day 20 – Favorite romance book: Don't really know if it qualifies, but Pride and Prejudice!
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood: Charlotte's Web
Day 22 – Favorite book you own: Too many... All Harry Potter, all Stephenie Meyer... Time Traveler's Wife.
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t: The Help
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read: Fire by Kristen Cashore
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most: Katsa/Katniss from Graceling/Hunger Games
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something: Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller, Kite Runner
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending: The Fever Series, The Vampire Academy series...
Day 28 – Favorite title: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked: Fire by Kristen Cashore, Their Eyes Were Watching God
Day 30 – Your Favorite book of all time: tie... Pride & Prejudice, Graceling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Jane Eyre, Time Traveler's Wife, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Twilight... damn it so hard!