Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 185 (185 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
So, I have been noticing many of you, my fellow book fanatics have been venturing into the unknown and taboo territory of M/M Erotica or Paranormal Romance~ Etc Etc~ So lets get some recommendations flowing for I admit to a secret fascination (not so secret anymore) for this genre. WTH Right? I have an open mind and love is love after all~ Preferably one ladies, that doesn't have a revealing cover like many in the 'romance' genre as a whole, that my boys could stumble upon~ That may not be a good thing.

message 2: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Ooohhhhhh~ HISTORICAL M/M~ That would be SAWEET.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 135 comments I loved The Tin Star (Ranch Series, #1) by J.L. Langley

message 4: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Uh whats M/M?

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan | 135 comments Ladyhawk wrote: "Uh whats M/M?"

male/male

message 6: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Oh...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The only M/M I'm interested in is Blay and Qhuinn from BDB. I'm really sad they won't get their own book.

Other than that, I'm not opposed to it, it's just not my thing.

message 8: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Im not sure if its my thang~ But I figure i'll find out~ I will read anything atleast once.

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan | 135 comments Stacia ~ curiouser and curiouser wrote: "The only M/M I'm interested in is Blay and Qhuinn from BDB. I'm really sad they won't get their own book.

Other than that, I'm not opposed to it, it's just not my thing."

Qhuay is what started my m/m reading, especially after read Heather's "Lover Destined" in the BDB group.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I have no idea why I adore Blay and Qhuinn so much, but I really want to see their whole story, not just bits and pieces of it in the other BDB books or in a side novella.

message 11: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Ladyhawk wrote: "Oh..."

Hilarious~ A simple 'Oh'.... Speachless on Gr? I was that way at first too~ The I kept hearing about it... It caught my attention anyways.

message 12: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 09, 2011 01:57PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) m/m is way more popular than f/f. Guess women like reading about men more?

I have yet to read a f/f book, but I might just to see how it differs from m/m, for curiosity's sake.

message 13: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I haven't read one, but I agree that Qhuay is amazing. I want them to have their own book too. They are my favorite couple in the series.

message 14: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 7 comments I've read all of these M/M Romances and enjoyed them.

Promises by Marie Sexton Strawberries for Dessert by Marie Sexton
A to Z by Marie Sexton Strawberries for Dessert by Marie Sexton

message 15: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 7 comments Cynthia wrote: "I've read all of these M/M Romances and enjoyed them.

Promises by Marie SextonStrawberries for Dessert by Marie Sexton
A to Z by Marie SextonStrawberries for Dessert by Marie Sexton"

Oops, I repeated a book cover...add this one (#3) to the series.

The Letter Z (Coda Books, #3) by Marie Sexton

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Wendy F wrote: "I haven't read one, but I agree that Qhuay is amazing. I want them to have their own book too. They are my favorite couple in the series."

Hah. I have a friend that calls them Qhuay too!

message 17: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Haha, picked it up from the BDB group, but it wasn't hard to latch on to. I tend to combine couple's names now when I love them. I have names for all my fav General Hospital couples too.

message 18: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Speachless on Gr?

Lol! What can I say? I was momentarily stunned! I will venture to read just about anything! But M/M...? Just doesn't float my boat! ;D

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 160 comments Okay first I would like to say that Butch and V sparked my fascination with this particular topic! Butch's Induction scene?! Holy Moly how I wish they could have done just wee bit more!!! ;) And then of course Blay and Quinn (which btw....angers me greatly that they wont get their own book!! There will be many unhappy readers when the time comes around for their HEA's)

As far as m/m books I haven't read any that was based strictly with JUST guys...but I do love a good m/m/f on occasion

One that sticks out in my head would be Mortal Seductions (Mortal Series, #2) by Allyson James . Now the storyline is pretty bad....BUT I was totally okay with it after reading all the hot scenes with Leon and Dmitiri!! This one has some scenes with just m/m but there is also m/m/f as well....I don't know why, because the storyline is really not that good, but I LOVED this book!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Shell wrote: "Im not sure if its my thang~ But I figure i'll find out~ I will read anything atleast once."

So have you gotten around to reading one yet, Shell?

message 21: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Nah~ Not yet~ I have so many books to read~ Doesn'y help that I am an obsessive/compulsive buyer of all things paper with pretty covers. I have 3 book cases of material I need to get to~ But they sure look perty.

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan | 135 comments I'm currently reading Polar Reaction by Claire Thompson , which is m/m/m. I like Claire Thompson, but this isn't my favorite of hers.

message 23: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments I really like Josh Lanyon's books that i have read - must get back to the Adrien English series.

message 24: by willaful (new)

willaful I haven't read much m/m but Lanyon's The Dickens With Love was really charming. I'd like to read more by him.

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (purplerose) | 12 comments For some reason, I don't have a problem reading m/m, but f/f is weird to me. Or maybe I'm just weird.

message 26: by willaful (last edited Apr 21, 2011 06:33PM) (new)

willaful Amanda wrote: "For some reason, I don't have a problem reading m/m, but f/f is weird to me. Or maybe I'm just weird."

If you ever feel like stretching your boundaries, Sarah Waters has written some awesome books. Not classic romance, but with romantic elements. Fingersmith is very enjoyable for a romance reader. (And not particularly explicit.)

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (purplerose) | 12 comments willaful wrote: "If you ever feel like stretching your boundaries, Sarah Waters has written som..."

I have read some. That's how I know it's weird to me. LOL I can read a book with f/f; it's just not my preferance.

message 28: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I enjoy reading books from all perspectives, m/m, f/f and m/f. Whether it is romance based or not. I have heard Sara Waters' books are great. I am reading Little Stranger soon, but it is not f/f it is a scary ghost story. I know that Santa Olivia (Santa Olivia, #1) by Jacqueline Carey is sort of an urban fantasy/super hero book written by the author of Kushiel's Dart, and the main character is lesbian.

message 29: by Mtsnow13 (last edited May 03, 2011 10:06AM) (new)

Mtsnow13 I never thought I'd in anyway be interested in m/m, but somehow I got hooked! I don't know if its the angst, or the 'being in the closet' factor, or the realization that up until that point, the character has decided to take a personal choice to becoming more realistic about the possiblities of attraction and emotion that goes 'outside the box'... Especially if they are both alpha type males.. I guess thats it.. the contradiction, and seeing how it could actually work out.. A good first intro series if someone wants to try is Madeline Urban's series Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1) by Madeleine Urban ? Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run, #2) by Madeleine Urban Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3) by Madeleine Urban , and she has a couple other books that are great that aren't series Caught Running by Madeleine Urban Warrior's Cross by Madeleine Urban The One That Got Away by Rhianne Aile .. as well as J.L. Langley's 'With or Without' series With Love (With or Without Series, #1) by J.L. Langley Without Reservations (With or Without Series, #2) by J.L. Langley With Caution (With or Without Series, #3) by J.L. Langley With Abandon (With or Without Series, #4) by J.L. Langley and the series that Cynthia recommends up above was pretty good, as well..and I guess many of you are correct that BDB opened me up to it, as well as a couple m/m/fs Illegal Moves by Dalton Diaz and Something New by Cameron Dane .The last one is actually a second book to a strictly m/m book titled A Fostered Love by Cameron Dane Those books broadened my perspective.. I think whenever there is an emotional as well as physical attraction with strong, honest characters, well, it just has to make things better, right? Oh, and as far as the covers..I have to agree.. but having an e-reader has made a difference in at least beign able to take my books with me to public places, as well as knowing my kids won't actually 'see' what I'm reading =)

message 30: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Wow~ thems alot of recommendations Mtsnowfall~ Thx bunches. I will definatly check one or 2 out.

message 31: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments Shell wrote: "Wow~ thems alot of recommendations Mtsnowfall~ Thx bunches. I will definatly check one or 2 out."

Shell m/m historicals that I LOVE

Bound by Deception (Bound, #1) by Ava March
Bound to Him (Bound, #2) by Ava March

message 32: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 Two more I just completed that are really sweet... kind of western, but not really... based in Sacramento Valley

Keeping Promise Rock (Promises, #1) by Amy Lane

Making Promises (Promises, #2) by Amy Lane

Amy Lane writes very well... =)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I've been reading the Butch and V fanfiction and it's not bad actually.

message 34: by Mtsnow13 (last edited May 16, 2011 02:16PM) (new)

Mtsnow13 Marge - I just finished two in Josh Lanyon's new mystery series.. Holmes and Moriarty.. Josh is a good writer! It's like, I don't know.. a good Agatha Christie type novel where the main character just happens to be gay.. interesting approach, and a nice way to thnk of these books.
Somebody Killed His Editor (Holmes & Moriarity, #1) by Josh Lanyon
All She Wrote (Holmes & Moriarity, #2) by Josh Lanyon

message 35: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Amy, the Butch/V fanfic wasn't bad. I really enjoyed reading it.

message 36: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I have heard TONS about the B/V Fan fic~ I wasnt a big fan of the brotherhood though.

message 37: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments The Qhauy fan fiction is good too!

message 38: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Oh I can't believe Wendy nor myself added these! :) This series is absolutely amazing.

Among the Living (PsyCop, #1) by Jordan Castillo Price Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2) by Jordan Castillo Price Among the Living (PsyCop, #1) by Jordan Castillo Price Secrets (PsyCop, #4) by Jordan Castillo Price Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5) by Jordan Castillo Price GhosTV (PsyCop, #6) by Jordan Castillo Price Body and Soul (PsyCop, #3) by Jordan Castillo Price Thaw (PsyCop, #1.1) by Jordan Castillo Price Striking Sparks (PsyCop, #2.1) by Jordan Castillo Price Mind Reader (PsyCop, #2.3) by Jordan Castillo Price Many Happy Returns (PsyCop, #2.2) by Jordan Castillo Price Inside Out (PsyCop, #0.1) by Jordan Castillo Price The Stroke of Midnight (PsyCop, #3.1) by Jordan Castillo Price

message 39: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) my first m/m was actually Robin and Jules in Suzanne Brockman's troubleshooters series - they got their own Novella a few christmas' ago with All Through the Night: A Troubleshooter Christmas

but I readily admit to being a m/m addict

second the Ty/Zane series written by Roux/Urban that mtsnow mentioned above - although in the last two weeks that partnership has split up, so don't know what is going to happen with the rest of the books

Also JL LAngley's Sci-Fi Regency series - it has a historical feel in a futuristic setting - My Fair Captain (Sci-Regency #1) by J.L. Langley is the first one

Harper Fox is a new favorite of mine - I recently read Last Line by Harper Fox The Salisbury Key by Harper Fox by her and can't wait to try out more

I also read Finding Zach by Rowan Speedwell yesterday to finish out our bingo game on the m/m group and about cried

message 40: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Nov 27, 2011 02:23PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I think it's funny that not too long ago in this same topic I mentioned that I hadn't really read any m/m or f/f, but since then, I've read several.

message 41: by Regina (last edited Nov 27, 2011 02:26PM) (new)

Regina (reginar) Dee that was mine too! Jules is such an amazing character throughout the entire Troubleshooters series (although it took several books for Brockmann to write him well). While I love the entire series (with the exception of the first two) and Jules is in them all, he plays a starring feature in all of these (but Jules and Robin's HEA comes in Force of Nature and All Through the Night): Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8) by Suzanne Brockmann Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11) by Suzanne Brockmann Hot Pursuit (Troubleshooters, #15) by Suzanne Brockmann When Tony Met Adam (Troubleshooters, #12.5) by Suzanne Brockmann All Through the Night A Troubleshooter Christmas (Troubleshooters, #12) by Suzanne Brockmann Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9) by Suzanne Brockmann Hot Pursuit (Troubleshooters, #15) by Suzanne Brockmann

Thank you for the reminder!

message 42: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) I haven't read when Tony met Adam yet, but I need to - I have it sitting on my kindle - and i still have the last 2 in the series to catch up on

message 43: by Regina (last edited Nov 27, 2011 02:48PM) (new)

Regina (reginar) I returned to the series accidentally, by reading Hot Pursuit before reading the about 10 books before it. I am such a huge fan of the books that for me, Hot Pursuit and Breaking the Rules was amazing. When Tony Met Adam is a really nice twist on the Adam we know and hate. It is actually sexy too, I never thought I would say that about Adam. Lopez plays a bigger role in the short story too.

Stacia which ones?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Without looking at my other account, off the top of my head there was Backwoods by Cara McKenna That's What Brothers Do by Derekica Snake Slave Boy by Evangeline Anderson among others.

I don't think m/m will ever be my preferred genre for romance, but it's nice every so often.

I really do want to read PsyCop.

message 45: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) ohh should probably throw in, I lost my m/m virginity to Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1) by Tere Michaels and the other 2 books in the series - I normally recommend them for newbies

message 46: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) Hot Head (Head #1) by Damon Suede just came 3rd in the GR Choice Awards for Romance - I love that a m/m romance novel made it not only through to the last round, but into the top 3

message 47: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 Dee wrote: "Hot Head (Head #1) by Damon Suede just came 3rd in the GR Choice Awards for Romance - I love that a m/m romance novel made it not only through to the last round, but into the top 3"

Wow! That is awesome! And I loved that book =)

message 48: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) me too! lol! mmm, Dante and Griffin

message 49: by Leea (new)

Leea I need to read this book. It's been on my TBR list for too long. Plus, so many friends have said they loved it!

message 50: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I want to read it too. I actually added it to my to read. Now I just got to get myself a copy.

« previous 1 3 4