Start by marking “Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1)

Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  18,514 Ratings  ·  2,206 Reviews
A series of murders in New York City has stymied the police and FBI alike, and they suspect the culprit is a single killer sending an indecipherable message. But when the two federal agents assigned to the investigation are taken out, the FBI takes a more personal interest in the case.

Special Agent Ty Grady is pulled out of undercover work after his case blows up in his fa
Paperback, 1st Edition, 376 pages
Published September 30th 2008 by Dreamspinner Press (first published September 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Cut & Run, please sign up.
Faranae The book is listed as "M/M Romance", the authors are listed on GR as writers of gay and lesbian romance, three of its top 10 shelves are related to…moreThe book is listed as "M/M Romance", the authors are listed on GR as writers of gay and lesbian romance, three of its top 10 shelves are related to gay romance.... so, yes. (less)
Lucas If your question was a sliding scale between "story ends" and "read the whole series," my answer would be in the middle with a slight edge towards…moreIf your question was a sliding scale between "story ends" and "read the whole series," my answer would be in the middle with a slight edge towards "whole series" The crime plot wraps up at the end of the book, but the relationship plot stretches through the series. I would say that they don't even fall in actual love until Divide & Conquer (#4). Several of the later books do have cliff-hangers, but not this one. (less)
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels
Favorite Gay Couples
2,643 books — 3,473 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon Suede
The Best of Gay Romance
2,959 books — 3,214 voters

More lists with this book...

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This book has a false title!

The real one is:

Read & Become obsessed with Ty and Zane!

I just felt like I should warn anyone who's thinking of reading the book :)

Hello, I am a Ty and Zane addict. I have been an addict for 3 days now, and I'm trying not to cure myself. It's not very easy, considering I have only 5 books more to read, and then I'll go through withdrawal. I guess I'll have to do massive re-reads to keep my addiction. It's not something I'll want to get rid of  photo 805735.gif

How my addiction
Cheryl
Feb 03, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
This book came highly recommended, so I was quite disappointed when I finally got around to reading it. This could have been a really good story, instead it was the literary equivalent of a summer blockbuster movie, complete with requisite car chase/slow-motion car flipping over scene. This was basically every buddy cop movie you've ever seen, except this time the two agents have sex. The two agents would have been interesting characters if the dialogue hadn't been designed to beat you over the ...more
Dd
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........!!!!!!

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS....all my brain cells have just FRIED!!!

Phew!!Just give me one second......

O.k..so where was I???Oh yes...

Readers please make way for this AMAZING,SPECTACULAR and DYNAMIC DUO---

Ty AND Zane

HOT!!!

ARMED AND DANGEROUS!!!

GORGEOUS!!!

Careful ladies.....don't SWOON!!(But if a pair of strong arms is nearby to catch you then by all means,be my guest)

Have you ever HATED someone at first sight???

Well FBI agents Ty Grady and Zane Garret
Bibi
Mar 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Granted, I'm nine years late to the party and my review may be surplus to requirements but, here it is anyway.

Despite the burning need to DNF, I hung in there, soldering through the pages of wince-inducing prose but at page 204, I admitted defeat. This book and I agreed to never speak on the matter again.

Allow me to show you why (excerpts from page 203-4, emphasis by me):

Ty glanced over at it and immediately groaned softly
Ty frowned doubtfully. He worked quickly and finally pulled the wound to
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
1.5 STAR

Brace yourself 'cause this is gonna hurt.

I'm slaughtering your favorite book.

And you’ll probably hate me after this.

I’ve read my share of romantic suspense novels and, let me tell you, this one has one of the most ridiculous and lamest storylines ever.

I was bored out of my mind.

In short, two fifteen-year-old FBI agents spend the majority of their time in a hotel room bantering, arguing and talking gibberish waiting for the murder mystery to solve itself.

The mystery which was laughable
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: delicious-m-m

Ty & Zane! *SIGH*

"Are you feeling this too?"
"No"
"Me, either"

Ok, let me do this short and nice because there are too many GREAT reviews about this book.

Let me say (and pls don't kill me) that I didn't love this book. I liked it, A LOT, but didn't love it. I looooooved their love story but the case they were working on was kinda boring for me and I knew, I freaking knew who the bad guy was!

Cut & Run tells us the story of Ty & Zane *SIGH*. They have to work together on a new case and
Adrian Anderson
This book was a major disappointment. Yet again I have learnt not to trust the high star ratings on Goodreads. They just are too skewed in opinion. The ones who like the book rate it up...and most of the people who hate or dislike it don't even bother to waste their time rating it down - hence the misleading ratings.

I'll try to avoid (major) spoilers. I disliked everything about this book, from the crappy cover art to the poor characterization and plot. I know I complain about the male torsos be
Mo
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five "are you feeling this too" STARS!

ZANE

TY

I'm not going to say too much about this one. I loved it. I want to start the next one straight away so my review will be mostly visual.

“Ty Grady was a rude, insufferable, egotistical, stinking son of a bitch, and Zane was going to figure out how to tune him out. Otherwise, he just might give in to the pressure and kill the bastard, for the good of humanity.”

“It was now or never. Zane took a slow, deep breath and ducked his chin, tilted his head si
Baba
"But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls."
- by Khalil Gibran, Love Letters in the Sand: The Love Poems of
Khalil Gibran -

FBI Special Agent Tyler Grady is assigned to the Criminal Investigations Branch. FBI Special Agent Zane Garrett is glad to quit his boring-ass desk job at cyber crimes. He’s transferred (promoted) to the Criminal I
Dia
4,25 stars

I loved it so much! More than I expected actually.

I've heard this first book isn't the best in the series and some friends did mention I need to read more to fall completely in love with Ty and Zane.

I had it in my TBR for a very long time. Every time I stumbled upon any of the books in this series from my friends' reviews I wanted to start it right away, BUT for reasons I always postponed. Now I'm sorry I did, because I get why everyone fell for Ty and Zane.

The beginning was too slow.
~ Becs ~
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to ~ Becs ~ by: Monique
I’d heard so much about Zane and Ty in my Goodreads Update Feeds over the last few months, these guys have become almost like rockstars to me. My insatiable curiosity was always going to get the better of me and so I just had to give in and find out for myself what the fuss is all about. Before I even started reading this, the synopsis made me think of the Winchester Brothers and who can resist a bit of Wincest? Zane, at least for me, is Sam and Ty, the wisecracking Dean. With this visual in min ...more
Loederkoningin
I do hope Ty carries a chap-stick around at all times, because the guy licked his lips 23 times before I lost count.

Although I got so little enjoyment out of a book that I had anticipated so greatly, I'm still leaning towards giving Cut & Run 2 generous stars. Mostly out of respect for my friends on here who all seem to genuinely like it. And because, I might as well admit it, I feel the need to be a little more supportive towards m/m than f/m romances.

Now that that's settled, let's move o
James
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Cut & Run was my second adventure into this type of novel and it kept my interest. The pairing of Ty and Zane are certainly comical but I have to question why there is always so much anger between the two main characters just like in the first novel I read ([book:Shattered Glass|13420351)? I get that it makes good drama for an intense read, but I thought it was a little too overdone. Ty and Zane get together and separate 4 or 5 times in the course of the 350 page novel and by the last one, I ...more
Jan
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
**** 3.75 stars ****

I really liked this but I didn’t love it, not in epic proportions as most of the others anyway.
Here are my thumbs up points:
The characterisation of both MCs.
The mystery which came across very strong.
Action wise it had a steady pace with no boring times.
Chemistry was there, solid.

What held back my 5*? romance x relationship.

When the story started and we met Zane,

we were led to believe that Zane was perfection whereas Ty on the other hand, was a mess.

Very first wrong impre
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5 Stars!

Well....seeing as I am damn near the last person on the planet to read this series I won't fuss too much over a review.

I've been hesitant to read this series based on the number of books. I tend to lose interest, but after reading the spin-off I really wanted to give it a try. I forgot how much I love romantic suspense. Probably because I never seem to figure out the bad guy until the very end. Though I will say I pegged this one early on...but it was never confirmed until the very en
Jill
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jill by: Lena♥Ribka

FBI Special Agent Ty Grady and FBI Special Agent Zane Garrett.

From partners....

To partners....
description

Paired up to solve a series of murders that has the police and Feds baffled, the best-of-the-best are put onto the job. With little in the way of an identifiable pattern to the victims or the murderer's modus operandi, their only real clue lies in the different tokens left behind at each crime scene.

What Worked

The Buddy Cop Trope
Cut & Run is every buddy cop film you've ever seen, except this
Ami
May 14, 2010 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
I'm abandoning this book. Forever.

I didn't know what was wrong with it but I couldn't get into the story. It felt dragging on and on. I had books that were longer or more complicated but this one, I couldn't feel any sympathy or feeling for the characters at all. I put this book down twice before (in May, in July) and everytime I thought I could continue, I failed. I struggled to find the emotion needed; I thought I would feel something once Ty and Zane at least shared a kiss, but nope, didn't
Shurrn
A genre-crossing thrill ride. Gripping, entertaining, and intriguing.
The perfect launch of a series.

(all spoilers are hidden)
“I’m flattered. I’ve moved up from idiot to moron,” Zane said. “And you have moved up from utterly reprehensible asshole to only moderately annoying asshole.”
“Only?” Ty repeated with a huff. “It takes effort to be this abrasive, I hope you realize.”
“Yeah, I guess so. But you just make it look so easy.”
Serial Killers,
Explosions,
Car Chases,
Gruesome Murders,
A literal
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*If you haven't read this M/M classic, it is on sale for only $1 at Amazon US right now, 5/12/15!*

**Edited to add- this was one of my first M/M romance reads :)**

I'm not a romantic suspense reader, as a general rule. I tend to hate thrillers and mysteries. I get easily scared. I only picked this one up because of the good reviews on Goodreads from my goodreads friends and the fact that I heard there was a M-M coupling.

This book did not disappoint. The anxiety produced by the mystery was far ove
Wynne Katherine
description

Guess who is the giddy girl with a silly smile pasted on her face?

Yep. You guessed right.

ITS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

description

I LOVED IT! OMG ITS SOOOOO GOOD.

It has everything I wanted in a book. It has action, mystery, angst (a whole lot of that), and undeniably a big whole bucket of Kentucky fried chicken (jk I'm hungry when I wrote this) romance.

Ty and Zane is everything (plus they give me the whole Dan and Vadim vibe, Special Forces series – if you haven't read that, waste no more time! Please do read it
Kai
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt, 2016
“Not everything needs to be planned. Not everything needs a why or how.”

I've been eyeing this book for years now but never got around to reading it. The Cut & Run series is probably one of the most popular and highest rated series in the m/m category. I had high expectations and wasn't disappointed, but there's still a few things that could've been done better.

First of all the ever changing POV is not my favourite. With two main characters it's perfectly fine to show both sides, but instead
Emily May
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
I have never before read a M/M romance book that wasn't about the difficulties of coming out or homophobia or pushing some kind of message. This is the first I have picked up with the intention of finding something entertaining and sexy - and, to be honest, I was completely unsure whether M/M sexytimes was going to turn me on. On that front: yay! But not so much yay for the overall book which I DNFed after the cliches started to drown me.

I suppose Cut & Run never promises to be anything but
Nancy
Cross-posted at Shelf Inflicted and at Outlaw Reviews

There was so much wrong with this book: the writing style (switching POVs within the same chapter), the dialogues that felt off, the feats of strength performed with serious injuries, the unbelievable scenarios that had me shaking my head at times. The sole purpose for women in this story were to be killed or to be used as a sperm receptacle.

If poor writing drives you nuts, give this one a pass. Do not read this if you enjoy clever mysteries
Heather C
Yes, yes I finally broke down and read this!

Positives:
♦ The sexual tension
♦ The violent kissing
♦ The angry fucking

Negatives:
♦ The head hopping!! It was exhausting trying to decipher who was saying, doing, thinking what.  I found myself rereading a lot.
♦ The beginning of the book! It was slow reading for a while. Add in the head hopping and it seemed like it took forever for anything to happen. But ab
Kat ☠

"We can still cut and run,"

UNPOPULAR OPINION TIME.

Ty & Zane lovers I'm about to shit on this book. If you have a problem with that....

Cut & Run has the indignity of joining the Driven trilogy and the Consequences series as one of the most badly written/annoying books I have ever read.

It was repetitive, clichéd and contrived with disorienting written POV's and a very weird obsession with adverbs.

The characters weren't remotely likeable. Then again that's hardly their fault when they a
Exina
I hate adding books to my everyone-liked-but-me shelf, believe me. It was my second try to read it actually: it couldn’t engage me for the first time, and I thought I just was not in the mood, so I put it aside. For the second time, it was still boring. But I didn’t give up and tried to find those amazing qualities the positive reviews mention. Sadly, with no avail.

Both Ty and Zane irritated me, and the jumping viewpoint made them indistinguishable.

The continuous banter tired me, the suspense bo
Meags
4.5 Stars

Seems to me that everyone and their dog has read this book and loved it (the majority, at least), so there isn’t much for me to add.

I really like Ty and Zane, individually and together. I love how messed up both of them are, as demented as that sounds; it gives them somewhere to go as characters, partners and lovers, which I greatly look forward to exploring further throughout the series. (view spoiler)
Karen
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
HOLY HELL!!!!!!!!!! I COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY LOVED THIS BOOK!!! AND I AM FREAKING HEAD OVER HEELS FOR TY AND ZANE!!!!!!

FANTASTIC!!!!!! 5 STARS!!!!!

This was my first attempt at a m/m romance story... and I have to tell you it was absolutely incredible. I am completely hooked on these characters and on this series!! It is a compelling story about two FBI agents from very different backgrounds, both burned out in their own way, and being thrown together against their will to solve a very difficult
Alex

Accidental/stalkerish BR with Her Highness! :D

First of all

and

Hosted by imgur.com

I loved this book! This was my first M/M story and it left me pleasantly surprised! I didn't think it would be my cuppa, but turns out if you try anything once, you might find out some interesting shit about yourself and your limits.

Meet Special Agent Ty Grady

and Special Agent Zane Garrett

Hosted by imgur.com

These pics are courtesy of my newly-developed obsession with Lost. I know, Your Majesty, I said I could picture Sawyer as Ty and Jack as Zane because
Lenore
I should start by clarifying that I really liked this book. Mainly because of the two main characters, Ty and Zane. They were mostly successfully portrayed and the chemistry between them was more than intense. The overall story was well-delivered and it kept me interested the entire time. And I absolutely loved the last pages of the book, right after they discovered who the serial killer was.

I always rate my reads based on my overall impression, regardless of any details that may have bothered m
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Warrior's Cross
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • The Dark Tide (The Adrien English Mysteries, #5)
  • Shades of Gray
  • Zero at the Bone (Zero at the Bone)
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1)
  • Houseboat on the Nile (Spy vs. Spook, #1)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 5 (Dark Soul, #5)
  • Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1)
Abigail Roux was born and raised in North Carolina. A past volleyball star who specializes in sarcasm and painful historical accuracy, she currently spends her time coaching high school volleyball and investigating the mysteries of single motherhood. Any spare time is spent living and dying with every Atlanta Braves and Carolina Panthers game of the year. Abigail has a daughter, Little Roux, who i ...more
More about Abigail Roux

Cut & Run (9 books)
  • Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run, #2)
  • Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3)
  • Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4)
  • Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5)
  • Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7)
  • Ball & Chain (Cut & Run, #8)
  • Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9)
“Zane was starting to piss him off again. Which was good, he supposed. It meant the urge to lick him all over was passing, at least.” 245 likes
“What, you didn’t pack your lunch?” Ty asked sarcastically as he
shifted around in the seat and wedged himself against the door. He kicked a
foot up and propped it on the console between the two front seats.
“Sure, in my SpongeBob SquarePants lunch box. I have the thermos,
too,” Morrison shot right back.
Zane kept his mouth shut, eyes moving between the two men, and
occasionally back to the driver, who was casually paying attention.
Ty stared at the kid and narrowed his eyes further. “Spongewhat?” he
asked flatly.
Zane didn’t even try to hold back the chuckle when Morrison looked
at Ty like he’d lost his mind.
“Spongewha … you’re yanking my chain, aren’t you?” Morrison
said. “Henny, he’s yanking my chain.”
“Yeah, well, that’s what you getting for waving it in his face,” the
driver answered reasonably.