Start by marking “Special Forces (Special Forces, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Special Forces (Special Forces, #1-3)

Special Forces

(Special Forces #1-3)

Special Forces is an epic work of military gay erotic fiction, which is available for free online.

The three cycles are finished and published: Soldiers, (Ch 1–19) and Mercenaries (Ch 20-53) and Veterans (Ch 54-70). Special Forces has 70 chapters in total.

It is the epic story of a Scottish SAS soldier and a Soviet spetsnaz soldier. Two enemies who meet in the line of duty
ebook, Vashtan Edition, 3338 pages
Published 2007 by online

Cut & Run by Madeleine UrbanZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels
Favorite Gay Couples
2,987 books — 3,847 voters
I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseSpecial Forces by Aleksandr VoinovZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleLatakia by J.F.  SmithCut & Run by Madeleine Urban
Best Gay Soldiers
465 books — 661 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Special Forces (Special Forces, #1-3)
Alina
Jul 29, 2011 added it
I don't know how to rate this, because I completely adored the first part - Soldiers - and tbh I almost cannot stand the other two. It's not that they're badly written - completely opposite - but the characters and the direction it all went in just pissed me off to no end.

Dan suddenly became a whore and Vadim just had to suck it up to continue to be with him and it's so totally unexpected, I've been like O.o during the first part of Mercenaries. I know it's stupid, but I felt so betrayed. Soldie
Ery
May 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Top 10 reasons this series is like a relationship:

1) When it's good, it's "attack you as soon as I walk in the door" good.
2) When it's bad, you're just so over it. But you can't give up on it- you've invested too much time!
3) It's rife with subtext. You just have to read between the lines, or you miss a lot.
4) Sometimes, you wish it would go on endlessly.... But on occasion, you wish it would just end already...
5) The sex is smokin hot, but sometimes it's just too much.
6) It can become an obses
Heather C
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Heather C by: Gyn
I did it...read every single fucking brutal word of it! Aren't ya'll fucking proud of me?!?!

It only took me 24 days.  I'm not really sure what I could say that hasn't already been said in many other reviews about this. So I won't break it down and analize it; it is what it is. I agree that is the most epic and beautiful love story...from most hated enemies to most passionate and intense lovers.  Dan and Vadim are war, but are also each other's peace. Its angsty and painful and bloody and violen
LenaRibka
"What we have is, as you said once, non-negotialbe. From the day you raped me, and the day I tortured you; from the pistol wound and knife cuts, and from all the anger, pain and hatred onwards...from that very first moment on we were fated. To die together - from each other's hand, or to live together." (Dan)

"You made me human. I stand by that. You made me into somebody I would have wanted to become, if I'd ever thought about what I wanted to be that wasn't about a record or
Bev

Well, here is my HUGE review.

Bloody Marvellous - Everyone should read it or you'll really have missed out on something special!! Next book in series already on kindle. Many, many thanks to Aleks and his co-writers for this masterpiece. Oh, and Katya, I'm watching you!!
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mature, m/m, adult
~~~

Oh, please can I give this 10 stars? I really have no words. All of the previous reviews have already said all the perfect words. For a mature, adult reader this will be a life changing novel. Admittedly, I put my life on hold to finish this book. I just couldn't stop reading. The character building was everything. I will carry Dan and Vadim with me forever.

~~~

Take a look at my Male/Male Romance Book Blog:

description

Jen
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
A 25 year romance of Dan and Vadim~

This book was all encompassing, exquisitely and masterfully written, and at times I found it to be difficult to read; yet still absolutely beautiful to read..

I found this book(s) to be a powerful, intense heart-pounding love story of Dan and Vadim, their love begins with a brutal start and somehow mocks normalcy. Take, hate, and revenge, true enemies, and then love.

The Beginning~ Revolved Around the Beautiful Mountains of Afghanistan~ however, in this book y
Mel
Nov 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It's brutal and beautiful and hopelessly absorbing and addictive.

Special Forces is one of the best stories I have read till date and it deserves the title of 'epic story' with ease.
This was a truly exhilarating roller coaster ride and I don't think I will ever be able to forget Dan and Vadim.

Soldiers review *****

Mercenaries Part I review *****

Mercenaries Part II review *****

Veterans review ****
Aleksandr Voinov
Oct 14, 2009 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The updated text is available at:

"Soldiers" is completely edited: 19 chapters, 651 pages, 256,408 words.

"Mercenaries" is edited up to chapter 30 (513 pages), 202,170 words.
Simsala
An epic love story over 25 years of war and a modicum of personal peace,Special Forces is a great reading experience that shouldn`t be missed.
I immensely enjoyed going along with Dan and Vadim on their journey but on the other hand I was glad this was "just" fiction...in RL I would prefer to walk the other side of the street...

"What a fucked up love-affair of violence we are..."
- Vadim Krasnorada -
The Flooze
Nov 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Epic is the perfect descriptor for Special Forces. This is not just M/M, not just erotica, but a fierce, sweeping love story that spans over 20 years. Reading it, I couldn't help but be utterly transported. The emotions are incredible, raw and intense. I ran through the gamut: rocking with laughter, sighing in anguish, crying openly--connecting with the whole host of characters in a way that very rarely happens. These strong, passionate, fucked-up men feel so incredibly real, it's as though all ...more
Lenore
Prayer beads, energy bars, boots, scars, blades, and a bullet.

The most intense, excruciating, emotional, challenging, painful, and at the same time transforming, rewarding, fulfilling, and utterly beautiful journey of my life.

Dan and Vadim have changed me forever.

Monika
I'm not sure even where to begin, I thought sleeping on it before I write a review would help. It didn't.

I guess I'll start by saying I read all four books as one, in my opinion if you are able this is the way it should be read. It's an extremely emotional journey that I'm so glad I took. Special Forces has become my all time favorite series and I can't see anything coming remotely close to it.

Everyday it was a roller coaster ride of emotion that at times was hard to deal with. I found myself cr
Kindle Alexander
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hands down, one of the best reads ever! Worth it! Get it!
Valentina Heart
Feb 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbt, glbt-bdsm
This book was not what I first expected. I never read much of the reviews or impressions before I've actually finished reading, just enough to get a vague idea what it's about and if it is any good. So nothing spoiled it for me and I was able to enjoy the story to the very end.
It's long, and I don't mean just the word count. The few years they share seem more like a lifetime, filled with horrors of the war, loneliness and eventually love. But you don't get tired of it all, it's like a story tha
Cristopher
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-books
An epic story of love caught in an unforgiving war.. Such a masterpiece!

Enemies turned to lover when destiny made their paths crossed that night. A reckless act of rape to satiate the hunger of lust.

That bloomed into seething hatred.

Then imposed fear.. Turned to battle of dominance..

Until the unexpected happened.

Dancing around the fire, playing a dangerous game with the enemy.. Neither want to back down.

Driving each other wild, lost in the unexpected intensity of desire, gripped with lust, hungr
Marquesate
Mar 17, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: authored, military
This is the original version, which was edited by both writers at the time of writing and first publication. To say it was "not" edited is factually incorrect.

However, as of October 2011, more than two years after finishing Special Forces, I was able to read Soldiers again. Yes, I would edit this first part to tighten up the writing and the flow, which took us co-authors a while to gel, and to thus smooth the language, but I won't.

Special Forces, its original version of the time of first publica
Katerina
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I did it.
And to celebrate the day (and as a reward for me) there is music for all: Guy Love

The pre-wedding gift with Hooch & Matt :)
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
To be fair, I didn't read the whole thing. I stopped at Mercenaries Part I, wisely listened to other reviewers' advice and didn't read on. (Tho the books are sitting on my Kindle).

But I do know enough about my own tastes to write this overall review and based it on what I've read in the first oh...2000 pages! without having read the last 1500 pages.

See my reviews here:

Overall, this is less a review and more my thoug
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Aug 31, 2011 rated it did not like it
Okay this one was a hard read for me. It's taken me months to finish this book. Stemming from my own feelings about this story to technical difficulties with my kindle. But finally I am able to express why I only give this one and a half stars, and why I continued to read it.

1. The writing.. Too choppy. There were times often I might add, where it felt like I was reading an instruction manual on how to install a stereo.

2. Sometimes I was confused about who was talking. Vadim or Dan. For two men
Amara
Jan 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, mm, favorites
This was my first experience reading any kind of m/m and was definately the most raw and intense thing I've ever read! This book altered my entire world view!

I laughed, I cried, I loved them and at times hated them. I read the entire thing in less than a week. I was so intense, I couldn't stop! Couldn't sleep and even called in sick to work to read it!

It's a fierce love story between 2 soliders on conflicting sides. It's violent, at times disturbing, always raw and intense. The journey of these
Celine
Feb 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: effing-amazing, m-m
What a beautiful beautiful story... I don't think it's possible I'll ever read something as good as Special Forces. Is there something as good out there? I hope so because otherwise my reading days have dulled a bit. Would I have it any other way? Hell no! I'm so happy I read this. I'm so grateful these 2 writers managed to write something so beautiful ...so heartbreaking. (really: Thank you!!) I'm getting all emotional again just by writing this review and it's been a week since I finished it. ...more
Boyboygirllove
It's not everyday that readers get to be part of something so profoundly special that it leaves them wondering...where do I go from here? Knowing every book will pale in comparison, knowing you may never reach that same high again...
After reading Special Forces, I am left feeling both exhilarated and bereft at the thought that it is over. Yes, I realize that there are still three other novels about these two men but in truth, what made this reading experience so monumental was watching Vadim and
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Special Forces , Mercenaries and Veterans by Aleksandr Voinov and Marquesate

(This review encompasses all the books in the Special Forces series.)

When I first sat down to try and write how I felt after reading this series, no words came. I knew I had just read something amazing. I often say that if a book makes me experience extreme emotions I know I have read the best there is. Well until I read book one in this series I never knew that I was capable of a book to affect me as much as this one d
Rachel
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, free-always, war
As a series it gets a four star. Yes, I bashed the hell out of Mercenaries: Part II and Mercenaries: Part I and Veterans slid by with a mediocre three stars, but Soldiers is a prize.

Soldiers delivers the ultimate experience in the enemies to lovers trope. The challenge for the authors to bridge a love story over ten years that begins with violent crimes between enemies, progresses to an uneasy trust, then to a lustful need and eventually a passionate love, seemed like an insurmountable feat. Bu
Bookwatcher
Oh GOD! It was HARD but I finish it!
I can't write a review... I must think... I must give a rest to my brain.... Quick few words, I loved it, and hate too. The reality of soldiers in a war is soooooo cruel! Maybe that's why I love/hate it. You would never want to read about cruelty that is VERY realistic no? One thing is read in a news paper about afganistan was, or any other military action.... Other is read a book, with so many terrible things... Knowing, it's a fiction book, but VERY close to
Mel
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's brutal and beautiful and hopelessly absorbing and addictive.

Soldiers review *****

Mercenaries Part I review *****

Mercenaries Part II review *****

Veterans review ****
Jeffrey
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: changed-me
I had reservations about reading this title...man am I glad I read this!!! I can't review this title until I've finished the second Merc's , but I would highly recommend it with the caveat that it is not for the faint of heart. There's brutal violence, sex and emotional tug of "war" going on that will leave you wanting to turn the next page.
A Mos Def good read.

A.
Leah
WARNING: There will be spoilers in the following review.

Synopsis

Special Forces is the three part story of Dan McFadyen and Vadim Petrovich Krasnorada. Soldiers starts the saga of the enemy soldiers, one Scottish SAS and the other Soviet Union Spetsnaz. It begins with the violent sexual assault that is the start of their connection, and tells the story of how that violence and the resulting hate slowly turn into a burning love. Mercenaries, told in two separate parts, is the longest section of th
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Vashtan's Preferred Version 7 185 Oct 20, 2018 12:06PM

• Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5)
  • Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7)
  • I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier
  • Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run, #2)
  • Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • Ball & Chain (Cut & Run, #8)
  • Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9)
  • Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1)
  • Caught Running
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
  • Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3)
  • Without You
  • Shock & Awe (Sidewinder, #1)
  • Zero at the Bone (Zero at the Bone #1)
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Latakia

Special Forces (4 books)
  • Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2)
  • Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3)