What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Myths and legend book? OMG I need to find this please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4th Update: Still Can't find book!!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 7 comments It was paperback, with the title (Myths and legends stories on something like that?)on the left, with a dead tree on the front or something? It had stories inside and one of them was about a bird and a statue... the bird died I think. I read it about 2008. It was a longish book (400 pages maybe??). PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

message 3: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Hollyberry | 30 comments Or Tanglewood Tales A Wonder-Book for Girls and Boys by Nathaniel Hawthorne ? It is Hawthorne's collection of Greek myths for young people.

message 4: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 7 comments No, :( I think the happy prince was a story in it, but there were others in the book as well. Thanks for your help guys :)

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 205 comments Maybe The Happy Prince and Other Fairy Tales ? There have been lots of editions, one might have had the cover you remember. Do you remember any of the other stories?

message 6: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 7 comments No :( *headwall* Thanks for your help though. I seem to remember a little paragraph in italics at the beginning of each story though.

message 7: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 205 comments Maybe this one?
http://www.broadviewpress.com/product...

It has Happy Prince in it, a tree on the cover, 450 pages, published in 2008....

message 8: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 7 comments No :( *double headwall* Thanks sooo much for looking again :) There was only one dead tree, and no houses.

message 9: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 7 comments Sorry, no. :( (has this book, like, disappeared off the face of the earth or something?!) Thanks soooo much for everyone's help. I hate to say when it's wrong and people have gone to all the effort trying to find this book.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Nudge, Actually, thanks for keeping us posted. It's helpful to get the frequent feedback. That way, members know the poster is still searching for the book.

message 11: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 7 comments Thanks :)

message 12: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 373 comments Here is an interesting one with a tree on the cover: Under the hala tree: Retold Oceanic myths and legends

message 13: by Jak (new)

Jak (blindjak) | 10 comments When you say myths and legends is the Greek/Roman mythology or is it more fairy tales & fables?

message 14: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
or is it Norse? Chinese/Japanese/Thai?

message 15: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 7 comments Its more fairytales and fables I think. The book's part of a series with similar covers. I think some other titles are - Fantasy stories, horror stories, mystery stories e.t.c If you could find one of them it'll be easier to find the book I'm looking for!

message 16: by Mel (new)

Mel (sea0tter12) | 38 comments There were the Childcraft encyclopedias, and one of them was about fairytales and fables, and one was about myths, etc. I remember hardcover, but it's possible they've released them again.

message 17: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments Bumping this one back up to the top...

message 18: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda | 1 comments how about Myths and Legends Myths and Legends by Anthony Horowitz by Anthony Horowitz. Published 2007

message 19: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (deer50) | 35 comments I never read this book. I looked for hours. O.O
I kept looking for ones with a dead tree on it and only found these 2.
I hope it's one of these T.T
The Crystal Pool Myths and Legends of the World by Geraldine McCaughrean
Maybe less likely to be this one.
Myths and Legends from Korea An Annotated Compendium of Ancient and Modern Materials by James H. Grayson

message 20: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Hayden, are you still looking for this book?

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Hayden wrote: "It was paperback, with the title (Myths and legends stories on something like that?)on the left, with a dead tree on the front or something? It had stories inside and one of them was about a bird a..."

The bird and the statue reminds of the Oscar Wilde story The Happy Prince and Other Tales so maybe an an anthology included it?

message 22: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments Were the stories by different authors or the same author? Do you remember any other stories in the book?

Post any details, no matter how small.