Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > New to the group--intro

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sillylittlefishey | 1025 comments I just joined the group and wanted to give a quick intro.

I read my 1st vampire series...a year or two ago...it was Twilight and I didn't think I'd like it but wanted to know what all the fuss was about. I read it and LOVED it!! Since then I have found that I really like the paranormal. After Twilight...I went to Karen Marie Moning's Fever series (can't wait to get my hands on Shadowfever) and then Sookie and just recently read BDB. I just started on the Hollows but so far I'm not all that impressed. Anyway...I saw your group and it looked like a perfect fit for me and my vampire obsession:)

I look forward to getting to know you all.

message 2: by ஐAndreaஐ (last edited Jan 18, 2011 11:02AM) (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Welcome Heidi!

Twilight got me started too :)

I've got two sugguestions for you, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead & Night Hundress by Jeaniene Frost. They are both great!!!

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 3: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette And me . . . Twilight was my entry into Paranormal Romances as well :)

Sillylittlefishey | 1025 comments Thanks for the speedy welcome:) I was already considering adding VA and night huntress to my insanely long to read list:) Now that you're recommending it...I just might have to!!

message 5: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments Welcome Heidi! Looks like you have read some great paranormal series already. My favorite part of this group is the monthly challenges. They are a lot of fun. :D

message 6: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments They are two of my favorites :) Oh and I'm running to Border's after work to get Shadowfever, yaaay!!! I can't wait to find out what happens!

message 7: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments Twlight hooked me as well. I love anything Richelle Mead (Vampire Acadmey, DArk Swan and Georgina Kincaid series) and Nalini Singh ( PSY/Changling series and The Guild Hunter Series)
So many great books!!

Sillylittlefishey | 1025 comments I will have to check them out when I'm not supposed to be working (oops) and have more time to play:)

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
I have my copy of Shadowfever book safely downloaded to my Nook. Now to find an Alien book so I can finish off my challenge reads so that I can get down to re-reading the entire Fever series.

Sillylittlefishey | 1025 comments I'm really tempted to re-read the Fever series while waiting for Shadowfever. I have SF on hold at the library...it really irritates me that I was the 2nd person to request it but since my local library hasn't gotten it yet that I have to wait and get it from a sister library and all of their "local requests" are leap-frogging me!! If I knew for sure I'd like it, I would have bought it but I hate spending that much on a hardcover if there's even the slightest chance I won't like it.

I also would like to re-read Sookie before the new one comes out in May but with my to-read list being so big...I don't know if it's feasible.

Sillylittlefishey | 1025 comments Ok I've had a chance to look around some more now...I have to ask how to you get the book cover images to show up in your messages?

I love the idea of the challenges but I don't think I will get that much read in any given month not to mention if I'm doing a series I have to read the whole thing...and can switch between them to get all the requirements:)

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
up in the right hand corner there are 2 different messages--one says ADD BOOK/AUTHOR and the other (some HTML is ok)

Click on the ADD BOOK one--this will open up a window that will allow you to search for book titles and, on a seperate tab, author's names. Type in the name of your Book. Down at the bottom of the title tab, there are 2 choices--ADD link Cover. If you just want to link the title, then you select that--to show the cover, select that.

It will NOT show up in the message you are typing. You will get the HTML code for it, but when you post it, the appropriate item will show up.

message 13: by Jessica (BookRockGoddess) (last edited Jan 19, 2011 07:20AM) (new)

Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton (bookrockgodess) | 40 comments Heidi wrote: "Thanks for the speedy welcome:) I was already considering adding VA and night huntress to my insanely long to read list:) Now that you're recommending it...I just might have to!!"

You should so give these a try. I know you like Eric but I think you might like Bones from the night huntress series more.

Sillylittlefishey | 1025 comments Jessica (Rhayne Vhexus/Vhiper) wrote: "Heidi wrote: "Thanks for the speedy welcome:) I was already considering adding VA and night huntress to my insanely long to read list:) Now that you're recommending it...I just might have to!!"
..."

I will definitely add them to my to-read list...not sure when I'll finally get to them though!

Sillylittlefishey | 1025 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "up in the right hand corner there are 2 different messages--one says ADD BOOK/AUTHOR and the other (some HTML is ok)

Click on the ADD BOOK one--this will open up a window that will allow you to ..."

Ok I got it to link the title but I didn't notice the book cover option...let me try it again...

I'm almost done reading Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole_sheree) | 3 comments Hello All, My name is Nicole. I'm new to this group and still some what of a newbie to PR/SF/UF. I have always enjoyed movies and shows, but just recently started getting into reading them on a regular basis. I received a Nook for Christmas and do most of my reading on it, but not all--there's just something comforting about the feel of an actual book in your fingers :)

But I am currently reading I Witch on my Nook.

message 17: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Hey, welcome, Nicole! Congrats on your Nook! You'll get a lot of suggestions here and probably some freebies from BN! ;)

message 18: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments ஐAndreaஐ wrote: "Welcome Heidi!

Twilight got me started too :)

I've got two sugguestions for you, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead & Night Hundress by Jeaniene Frost. They are both great!!!

[bookcove..."

That is what I suggest too.

Sillylittlefishey | 1025 comments Thanks...VA is on my too read list:)

message 20: by Sondrae (new)

Sondrae Bennett | 32 comments Hi all, I just joined as well. I love paranormal romance but just recently discovered goodreads so I'm loving the opportunity to talk about the books I love. I mostly like paranormal romance and romantica but have a few UF series on my auto buy list as well.

I'm still debating what to read next after finishing Karen Marie Moning's Shadowfever and Dana Marie Bell's Noble Blood back to back.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Sillylittlefishey | 1025 comments Welcome to the board:)

message 22: by Leslee (new)

Leslee Machado | 4 comments Hello fellow book junkies,
OK so it's not bad enough that I have my nose stuck in my IPad reading at every possible moment, but now I have joined a group to discuss my obsession. :)It wasn't until 2 summers ago that I picked up the first Twilight book and became hooked. Since then it's been all down hill. Due to college, working, three babies, and being married I really haven't read for pleasure since high school. I never knew this genre even existed and now I just can't stop gobbling them up. Some series that are guilty for this addiction I have are Black Dagger Brotherhood, Moning's Darkfever and her other Highlander series, Trueblood, Gabaldon's series, Christine Feehan, and others I just can't remember right now. I am looking forward to meeting new junkies and learning from all of you about some series I may be missing. I am currently reading Darkfever to get ready for Shadowfever. Can't wait to learn what all this site has to offer. Happy reading!
Leslee

message 23: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (nat_ethereal) | 10 comments Yeah Twilight started me too, d=I would definitely recommend the night huntress series and the Sookie Stackhouse series!!! (: (: (:

message 24: by Laraine (new)

Laraine (lala26) | 32 comments Hi everyone! Twilight also got me hooked on the paranormal genre, though I have been a book addict ever since I can remember, reading when I should be sleeping :p Anyways, I've been on goodreads since last year but only now got the courage to start joining group discussions, and this looked like the perfect group to start. I'm currently reading Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning and working my way through finishing this series. Hopefully I'd be able to join in the Shadowfever thread when I'm done. That thread has been haunting me lol
Looking forward to sharing thoughts with you all!

message 25: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 109 comments I just joined the group a couple of days ago myself. I've got a couple of friends here and there, but I'm hoping for more.