Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > The Emd is Mear! & there's cuteness everywhere

Comments Showing 1-50 of 271 (271 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Lori (last edited Jan 04, 2011 03:12PM) (new)

Lori The birds the birds are falling out of the sky, in both Arkansas and Louisiana! The state vet of Arkansas said preliminary autopsies show internal impact NOT from them falling out of the sky. And then thousands of fish died
near where the 5,000 blackbirds dropped. Only one species of fish, and only blackbirds in Ark. In LA it's blackbirds and starlings!

Cue Twilight Zone music!

Maybe the major impact were from the birds bumping into a huge UFO with a cloaking device?

And oh! The biblical floods in AUstralia!

The MAYAN calendar is coming true! Build your shelters! :D

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I saw that last night on the news. Freaky.

message 3: by Heidi (last edited Jan 04, 2011 03:44PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I was listening to a local (Little Rock, AR) news report this morning. They suspect the birds were startled by fireworks and flew into each other... or some such thing. I'll bet some asshole rednecks thought it would be funny to scare the birds roosting in the forest near Beebe with some fireworks. I hope I'm wrong about that because that's takes ignorance to a whoooole new level. I do hope it was a UFO. Is that weird? It's probably weird. Beebe's a bit less than an hour from Little Rock.

As for the fish, they suspect it's due to water pollution. I'm rather upset by all this news.

AAAND in related news, my car died yesterday and coasted through 3 stop lights when my brakes failed. I had to get my car towed to the dealership. I'm still waiting to find out if my extended warranty will cover it or not.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Has that dead bird thing ever happened before? Do we have precedent? Because I'm kind of freaked the fuck out.

message 5: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Me too, RA.

message 6: by Heidi (last edited Jan 04, 2011 03:43PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Yes. The experts are saying it does happen. It just doesn't often get reported.

Could you imagine the sight?!! I've been totally grossed out and disturbed by the dead bird pictures.

message 7: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments My assumption is that living in Arkansas they committed suicide or died of boredom. On the other hand, several varieties of blackbirds will simply fall to the ground after long periods of flying if hotel rooms are unavailable.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Or the birds were simply imbred and dropped dead due to faulty wiring.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
The birds just flew into each other? That's enough of a collision to cause death?

Also, did we ever solve that crop circles thing?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Whatever it is causing it, it's just dreadful, and yeah, freaky.
I'm sorry about your car, Heidi! I'm glad you didn't get hit going through those stoplights!

Scary things happening in Arkansas. I don't like it.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Oh God, I hope it's not the Clintons.

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments According to the news tonight the bird thing has happened over 30 times, but I didn't quite catch in how long a period of time. But they made it sound like it wasn't a fluke.

message 13: by Félix (last edited Jan 04, 2011 08:21PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) I remember that time when all the frogs fell ... oh wait ... that was before the time of you mortals. Never mind.

message 14: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments I think they belong to New York now.

message 15: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Larry wrote: "I remember that time when all the frogs fell ... oh wait ... that before the time of you mortals. Never mind."

I remember :-)

message 16: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Um, Larry? Jim?

There can be only one!

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No, Phil, there were millions of frogs.

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments There was only one Larry and one Jim at the time.

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I remember it well.

message 20: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments You sure? They say the mind is the first to go.

message 21: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven)

message 22: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Nice beard, Larry. Looks very full.

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That was the style then.

message 24: by Lori (new)

Lori What next, locusts? Over certain parts of Texas might not be a bad idea...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Now that you mention it, the idea of plagues did cross my mind.

message 26: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments How many times have you seen a bird fall out of the sky? For me, it's zero.

message 27: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments But think of how vast the sky is, and how little space you occupy on the ground.

message 28: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Phil wrote: "But think of how vast the sky is, and how little space you occupy on the ground."

A miniscule sample, for sure.

message 29: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Ken wrote: "My assumption is that living in Arkansas they committed suicide or died of boredom."

ALRIGHT. I can make fun of the rednecks in my state, but I'm fierce to defend it from people who make ignorant assumptions. It's NOT boring. It's The Natural State. In fact, there's so much outdoor activity - lakes, hills, mountains, rivers, one could be overwhelmed with the choices of what to do. My state is beautiful and fabulous and it's NOT over-commercialized or overstimulated like some places I've visited.

message 30: by Heidi (last edited Jan 05, 2011 06:20AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Stacia (impatient for Shadowfever) wrote: "Or the birds were simply imbred and dropped dead due to faulty wiring."

>:/

It's "inbred," not "imbred."

I ABHOR jokes about inbreeding in Arkansas. It's so 1972.

message 31: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Tell him Heidi. It's like what Lynard Skynard said about Neil Young -- southern man don't don't need you around anyhow.

message 32: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Lori wrote: "What next, locusts? Over certain parts of Texas might not be a bad idea..."

I'm glad you qualified that with a "over certain parts of Texas" because otherwise I'd get onto you about picking on Texas, too. ;) Good job, Lori!

message 33: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Heh. I knew Heidi was gonna be pissed when she saw some of these posts...

message 34: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Heh. I knew Heidi was gonna be pissed when she saw some of these posts..."

Damn skippy.

message 35: by Michael (new)

Michael Leave Skippy alone, it's better than both Jif and Peter Pan ;)

message 36: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I thought he was Michael J. Fox's BFFE.

message 37: by Michael (new)

Michael I'm sorry, but "BFF" has been included in this year's list of banned words. Please revise and resubmit!

Whatever happened to Skippy? I just saw Donny Most on an episode of Men of a Certain Age and he was billed as Don Most.

message 38: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Heidi wrote:It's The Natural State.

Birds falling out of the sky ain't natural!

message 39: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments So what's the line on something else dying in huge numbers in Arkansas this month?

message 40: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments BunWat wrote: " Where else do you expect them to fall out of?"

I don’t expect them to fall at all. There’s a real crisis of competence in this country when the birds can’t fucking FLY.

message 41: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I saw a squirrel fall out of a tree outside my office window one day. It was funny.

message 42: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jan 05, 2011 03:15PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Heidi wrote: "Stacia (impatient for Shadowfever) wrote: "Or the birds were simply imbred and dropped dead due to faulty wiring."

>:/

It's "inbred," not "imbred."

I ABHOR jokes about inbreeding in Arkansas. I..."

Woah (errr whoa?). Didn't mean to hit a nerve there. Every state has its stigmas, but I just laugh em off. I heard a lot of insulting ones when I moved from California. There's a lot of hate for my old state that I didn't realize existed until I moved away from it.

I stand corrected. I've seen it in print both ways, but that doesn't make my reading material accurate, since I don't read much in the way of highbrow literature.

message 43: by Heidi (last edited Jan 05, 2011 02:42PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Stacia (impatient for Shadowfever) wrote: "Woah. Didn't mean to hit a nerve there. Every state has its stigmas, but I just laugh em off. I heard a lot of insulting ones when I moved from California. There's a lot of hate for my old state that I didn't realize existed until I moved away from it.

I stand corrected. I've seen it in print both ways, but that doesn't make my reading material accurate, since I don't read much in the way of highbrow literature. "

:) It's okay... I'm not a morning person. I've cooled off a bit since then. Carry on with your jokes. I'll just try to avoid this thread in the morning when I'm most def. grumpy.

message 44: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Stacia (impatient for Shadowfever) wrote: ..."doesn't make my reading material accurate"

In your defense, you recently finished a book about imgrown toenails.

message 45: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh Ken you're so inmature.

message 46: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Ken and Larry, you just made me giggle. Good job!

message 47: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

The imnates are running the asylum.

message 48: by Jammies (new)

Jammies My end is always near. It's easier to sit on if I keep it close by me.

message 49: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Larry wrote: "Oh Ken you're so inmature."

Puberty's a bitch.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Wow. From love to mocking in such a short time.

If I had a heart inside this cyber-enhanced body, I might almost shed a tear. ;)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6