"Fever" Water Cooler discussion

Theories > Who Died At The End of Dreamfever?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Kat Kennedy (katkennedy) | 113 comments Mod
Was it Barrons? Christian? Someone else? Did Ryodan really die? Was it Barrons only a different Barrons from a different dimension? What are your theories?

message 2: by Penny (new)

Penny | 82 comments I tend to think it was Barrons, but he's not actually dead. Christian was changing into something weird because he ate the rhino boy but I don't think that would have changed him into a beast. The beast has been around for a while.

Sometimes? I play around with the idea that Alina was the beast. Doesn't make sense, right? Well neither do any of my other theories in this area.

message 3: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Right now I am thinking it's Barrons, but he is not dead. I am very uncomfortable with the idea of different Barrons in different dimensions or time-travel and hope Moning will not muddle her story with it. Maybe Barrons manifests as this beast in Faery?

I believe Alina is truly dead.

message 4: by Kat Kennedy (new)

I hate to say it but I think it was Barrons too. OR my other theory was the Dreamy Eyed Boy who I think may have either been Barron's plant in the ALP department or might be the Unseelie King.

Though I wonder if he's actually dead. Don't know.

But if Alina turned out to somehow not be dead, then I'd be very annoyed. She's dead!

The animal is definitely male - Mac makes the observation that it has definite male bits.

message 5: by AH (new)

AH Tatiana wrote: "Right now I am thinking it's Barrons, but he is not dead. I am very uncomfortable with the idea of different Barrons in different dimensions or time-travel and hope Moning will not muddle her story..."

Doesn't Moning do that in one of her later Highlander stories? So that the Highlander could be with his love in the future?

message 6: by Kat Kennedy (new)

I've never read the Highlander series which is why I thought it was impossible for a person to be part fae - which you cleared up for me!

message 7: by AH (new)

AH I just wish I could remember what books they were. They all melded together because they each basically had the same plot. Wee tiny lass meets big beefy highlander, cherry popped, some time travel or fae mischief ensues.
Very entertaining.

message 8: by Kat Kennedy (last edited Jan 04, 2011 01:01AM) (new)

Well! Apparently it's probably not Christian who died as:

Remember, the Keltars figure prominently in the Fever series, and Christian will be getting his own play--just not the way I did it in my Highlander series. I need a little more nitty, gritty reality in his tale. He's becomes quite the complex man.

-From KMM's Faq's page.
http://www.karenmoning.com/kmm/extras...

AH - doesn't that get boring? I love the feverseries partly because there's SO much more going on than the romance.

message 9: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I love it! No other UF made me guess so much. It is mucho fun.

message 10: by AH (new)

AH Kat - Re Highlanders - If you go in knowing what you are reading, they are a nice summertime, read by the pool, light read. The women, despite their unpopped cherry status are actually quite fun, especially when they are angry at their big beefy guys. They are intelligent and some characters cross over. You get to meet Christian in one or two of the later books.

And - you get to hunt for the Fever clues - which there are many.

If you were to read them, you can start at the 4th book - Kiss of the Highlander (Drustan + Gwen), The Dark Highlander (Daegus + Chloe), Immortal Highlander (Adam + Gabrielle), and Spell of the Highlander (Cian + Jessica).

All the Highlanders have similar attributes to Barrons, but he is not exactly like them. It will be interesting to see how Moning ties all of this up.

message 11: by AH (new)

AH Just an FYI, on the author's web page - she has a section for each book and under each book she has a topic "Did you know?" and she ties in that book with some of her Highlander characters. So Highlanders not a prequel really, but sure help tie up some loose ends.

message 12: by AH (new)

AH The more I reread this series (I'm on Faefever), the more I realize that it is a good idea to read the Highlander series from books 4 on, just to get some of the minute details.

For example, Christian talks about his uncles being into history. His uncles are Dageus and Drustan - twins who really know their history - they are from the past and live in our time. Christian lives in a castle. Christian has the ability to tell if someone is lying.

message 13: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Ah I agree that the HL series is almost necessary in reading th Dreamfever series. And I too would recommend reading 4 through 7. Although, I think #3 is good too and it has alot of fae stuff in it and I like #8. Before KMM made a statement to otherwise, I thought #8 was a big hint as to what Barrons is. 1 and 2 are just a waste of time in my opinion.

And LOL about the cherry status. WTH is up with that? So irritating. But yeah, I liked all the female characters alot.

The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4) by Karen Marie Moning The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Spell of the Highlander (Highlander, #7) by Karen Marie Moning Into the Dreaming (Highlander, #8) by Karen Marie Moning

message 14: by Penny (new)

Penny | 82 comments Regina wrote: "Ah I agree that the HL series is almost necessary in reading th Dreamfever series. And I too would recommend reading 4 through 7. Although, I think #3 is good too and it has alot of fae stuff in ..."

Yeah, I'd rather gouge my eyes out. I've already tried to read the first two books in this series and I just couldn't finish either of them.

I do know however, that the Adam V'lane talks about is featured in one of those books. I just don't know which anymore.

message 15: by AH (new)

AH Penny - The first 2 books in that series are not her best books. You can skip them. Adam appears in the first book as a mischievious blacksmith. He then gets his own book in book 6 - The Immortal Highlander. That one is good to read for some back story.

message 16: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) The first two books are very bad. I gave them one or two stars. The remaining books are very different and much better. I gave them 4 stars and I usually do not like PNR.

message 17: by Émeraude (new)

Émeraude (meraude) | 59 comments I do not know! I'm so mad!

message 18: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Ok, I just finished Dreamfever. I am 100% sure the Beast is Barrons. He acts exactly like him!

I refuse to believe he is dead though...

message 19: by AH (new)

AH Nothing is ever really dead in paranormal world unless you slice off its head and burn it.

Maybe it was all a hallucination brought on by being stuck in the Hall of All days. Maybe Mac is dreaming and the person Mac saw Barrons carry out of the mirror was Mac from another time.

This is too much fun.

message 20: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I have long thought she was in "Into the Dreaming" and it didn't really happen. Also, KMM has said in a chat that she wants to do a spin off book about Ryodan, so he can't be dead.

message 21: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) About Ryodan? I've just written him off as a traitor...

message 22: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) AH wrote: "Nothing is ever really dead in paranormal world unless you slice off its head and burn it.

Maybe it was all a hallucination brought on by being stuck in the Hall of All days. Maybe Mac is dre..."

There is no way Jericho is dead.

message 23: by Émeraude (new)

Émeraude (meraude) | 59 comments Tatiana wrote: "About Ryodan? I've just written him off as a traitor..."

LOL I find it strange

message 24: by Émeraude (new)

Émeraude (meraude) | 59 comments There is no way Jericho is dead!!!Never! never

message 25: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Tatiana wrote: "About Ryodan? I've just written him off as a traitor..."

Yes. She said that in a chat

message 26: by AH (new)

AH Ryodan must be teflon man! Able to deflect death!

message 27: by Émeraude (new)

Émeraude (meraude) | 59 comments AH wrote: "Ryodan must be teflon man! Able to deflect death!"

LOL

message 28: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Regina wrote: "Tatiana wrote: "About Ryodan? I've just written him off as a traitor..."

Yes. She said that in a chat"

Well, if she can make his book as hawt as these Fever books, I am all for it:)

I personally want a book about Dani. I love her!

message 29: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) AH wrote: "Ryodan must be teflon man! Able to deflect death!"

Or she changed her mind! And maybe he caught his fall? I am guessing it would be with Dani?

message 30: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Both Ryodan and Barrons are not just men. Can they be killed at all?

message 31: by AH (new)

AH Tatiana wrote: "Both Ryodan and Barrons are not just men. Can they be killed at all?"

I think every character can be killed, some not so easily as others.

message 32: by Kat Kennedy (new)

I think the next series will be a Ryodan/Dani series.

I do agree that the beast acts EXACTLY like Barrons and I DO think it was Barrons who died.

But here's the kicker - why would Barrons put himself down twice on her emergency contact list?

There's himself, IYCGM (Ryodan) and IYD (presumably the monster). It doesn't make sense that he wouldn't come the first time she calls him so why put himself down again as her last-resort back up.

I know the consequences for calling IYD are pretty severe but if he's trapped in another dimension and she needs IYD, then he can't help her. It kind of doesn't make sense.

message 33: by AH (new)

AH What about a Ryodan/Kat series. Dani seems too young.

message 34: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) What about doing, Christian (she said it was going to be a series -- not clear if it is a 3 book series on Christian, or one book per couple with an HEA ala HL series) so she gives Dani a chance to grow up. I think Christian is first.

message 35: by AH (new)

AH I wouldn't mind seeing Mac with Christian. Definitely were some sparks there.

*ducks and covers*

message 36: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) AH I completely agreeeeeeeeee! No hiding from me. :) Barrons bruised Mac in their first encounter and was all gross licking her neck in that threatening embrase at the bed and breakfast. Ew. Not saying I am not *attracted* to Barrons, but yeah -- I prefer Christian and hell, he IS a MacKeltar. *grin*

message 37: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Oh yeah, AH, you need to duck for cover!:)

message 38: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Kat wrote: "I think the next series will be a Ryodan/Dani series.

I do agree that the beast acts EXACTLY like Barrons and I DO think it was Barrons who died.

But here's the kicker - why would Barrons put him..."

Kat, I think if Barrons were in his human form, he would have answered the phone the first time Mac called him. Maybe he is confined to the Beast form some parts of the day, or whenever he is in Fae or something, and uber-dangerous, that's why he, in the beast form, is the last resort.

message 39: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Regina, go hide with AH.

I'm just not all hot and bothered for Christian at all. Yes, he can hear lies but you know what? He's a bit of a pretentious dick.

He has power over people. He can't go around asking women if they've slept with me or if they want to and presuming that effects their reliability as a source of information!

For starters, plenty of men are comprimised by women (or other men) - need I bring up Shei Pi Peo again? And secondly, it's just rude!

I dislike Christian actually.

message 40: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) LOL, Kat I agree about that question, not sure if it was rude and I think he was asking b/c he wanted to know for personal reasons -- but I agree that presuming a woman is comprimsed is silly. But I definitely do not dislike him. :) I also like Barrons, I just ... just don't see him as an ideal. However, (I had this discussion with Zeek on her status updates), I do know that Jericho was/is a man on a mission and he needed to accomplish something. So he couldn't let a silly girl get in his way, it was only later he realized Mac's value to him -- and not just as an OOPs detector.

message 41: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Christian is OK, but compared to Barrons, pleeeease, ladies!

message 42: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 17 comments I guess I'll agree with everyone and say it is Barrons, only Barrons is with Mac when she hears the beast in the garage so...I wonder if Barrons has a twin? Its just as plausible as the dimension theory, imo.

message 43: by AH (new)

AH Oh you girls that haven't read the Highlander series. Those MacKeltar men are hot!

Can't wait to find out what Barrons really is....

message 44: by AH (new)

AH Heather wrote: "I guess I'll agree with everyone and say it is Barrons, only Barrons is with Mac when she hears the beast in the garage so...I wonder if Barrons has a twin? Its just as plausible as the dimension t..."

Speaking of Twins - there are a lot of twins in the Highlander world...

message 45: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) There is a gang of Barrons-like men. Any one of them could have been growling.

message 46: by Penny (last edited Jan 07, 2011 06:25PM) (new)

Penny | 82 comments The series spin-offs are as follows (my best guess): a very grown-up Dani/V'lane. Christian/Kat or Ryoden/Kat

Dani herself says she's going to lose her virginity to V'lane. I say why not? It's not like V'lane isn't already a ba-zillion years older then Mac, and I wouldn't have a problem with Mac getting together with him. V'lane will have to wait around for another eight to ten years. And it's not like he's currently interested in Dani--because that would be disgusting. Later, down the road their paths will cross, much sexual tension will be had, and so on.

message 47: by Kat Kennedy (new)

I think there was a lot of hinting in Dreamfever that Ryodan was thinking of Dani like a nice wine - better after a few more years. Which is creepy but whatever, I'd still read it as long as Dani is an adult!

I wouldn't be surprised if V'lane comes along but doesn't that make him look very fickle? "Hey, Mac's run off with Barrons - might as well tap the next sidhe see who comes along!"

message 48: by AH (new)

AH Jillian -always aspiring- wrote: "And I got that same creeped-out feeling from Ryodan towards Dani too.He could just want to exploit her powers and capabilities as a sidhe-seer, though."

Sounds familiar, no?

message 49: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Yes, it does.

message 50: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 4 comments Ok, my two cents is that is was definitely Barrons who Mac thinks she's killed (I agree that with everyone that he's not actually dead) because when she used fecken (tee-hee) strong voice on him, it didn't work and only her teacher would be immune.
God I love this series! Kat you are a goddess among women for recommending it to me.

« previous 1