Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > The Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Dec 22, 2010 03:07PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments This thread is for anyone that wants to either re-read or just discuss the Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost before the newest book This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost is released on Feb 22!

Feel free to make predictions about the newest book, or just discuss which book in the series has been your favorite so far.

The Current Releases are:
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost

Please note - this thread WILL contain spoilers for the whole series of books!!

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments As much as I enjoyed Frost's spin off books, I personally missed me some Cat and Bones. I can't wait until this one comes out!!! What mischief will Cat get herself into this time.. and I can only hope there's less fighting and more loving between the two. Last book made me nauseous after awhile.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I know what you mean. Although I would love to see a book about Ian and Vlad.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I have not read the 4th book yet....waiting for the audio....

message 5: by Keri (new)

Keri | 182 comments I've seen several people mention the series in some of the threads. Debating on whether or not to read them. What are they about and are all the books in the series out?

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Nichole wrote: "I have not read the 4th book yet....waiting for the audio...."

Can you handle the audio's of these? I tried one and the narrator was horrible for me. She talked so fast that before I was done with one disc I had to quit it.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments Darcy wrote: "Nichole wrote: "I have not read the 4th book yet....waiting for the audio...."

Can you handle the audio's of these? I tried one and the narrator was horrible for me. She talked so fast that bef..."

she is okay....as long as I don't listen for long periods at a time....she is not the best but also not the worst....

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments Keri wrote: "I've seen several people mention the series in some of the threads. Debating on whether or not to read them. What are they about and are all the books in the series out?"

I think the series is going to be 7 books??? right now there are 4 out with the 5th due in Feb...

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Keri wrote: "I've seen several people mention the series in some of the threads. Debating on whether or not to read them. What are they about and are all the books in the series out?"

The series is about a woman named Cat who hunts vampires. In this world, vampires are a bit different from in other books. And Cat realizes that there's a lot more she needs to know before she can really start making a dent in the vampire population. She is also a half vampire herself.

A lot of people enjoy the series, a lot of people the series because of Bones. He's the male vampire character in the book and he is mighty sexy!

message 10: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (vegancleopatra) There are going to be 9 books in the series. Originally it was planned for 7 but Frost felt she needed 9 to tell the story properly and the publisher agreed.

message 11: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments 9 books wow, I guess this book will have a new story arc.

message 12: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) yea. I rather have nine instead of 7 that are rushed and jammed backed into everything....ysh for more bones.

message 13: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Keri wrote: "I've seen several people mention the series in some of the threads. Debating on whether or not to read them. What are they about and are all the books in the series out?"

OMG YOU HAVEN"T READ THEM YET?! Read them! We all highly recommend them =D

message 14: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4529 comments Love Cat & Bones, can't wait for This Side of the Grave

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Has anyone started re-reading this series yet?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'm probably going to try to re-read at least book 3 or 4 in Feb before the newest comes out, since I'm sort of hazy on those. I also still need to read NHW, since I never bothered to get around to the spin-off yet.

message 17: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments Jess wrote: "Has anyone started re-reading this series yet?"

No not yet, not sure if I will reread all of them. I am sure I will reread first one, that book never gets old for me.

message 18: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB | 0 comments I plan to re-read them since it's been a year and a half since I read them. I ended up working them into challenges so I have a good excuse ;)

Now, I just have to decide if I want to try the audiobook versions this time around or not... hMmmmm

message 19: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I tried the audios for these ones as a re-read and the narrator for these ones is horrible!!

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I have the audio's for these and while she does not do a bad job for most of the voices I don't care for the way she does Bone's voice.....she is not my favorite narrator but not the worst....jmo

message 21: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I felt like she was rushing while she was reading. I didn't make it even one disc done.

message 22: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4529 comments I'm re-reading One Foot in the Grave in Feb and I'm sure I'll keep reading the rest in prep for the new one.

message 23: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like it's been SO LONG since a new Cat and Bones book came out.

message 24: by Angie (new)

Angie | 419 comments So this is about The Night Huntress World, The Night Prince books specifically, instead of just the regular Cat and Bones books. Jeaniene Frost announced this week that Vlad and Lelia will get a fourth book in their series, because she couldn't fit their whole story in just one more book. I for one say YAY!! She also announced that Home for the Holidays, that came out before the last book, maybe two, is in audio now also. Here's a link to her Goodreads post that I believe probably links back to her blog.

https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

message 25: by Pilar (new)

Pilar (sweetp) | 24 comments AWESOMENESS! Thank you for the update Angie! I love me some Vlad!

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'm ecstatic over this news! Leila and Vlad are definitely my favorite couple in the Night Huntress world.

I know Bones is everyone's favorite but I just can't take him seriosuly because his Cockney accent is utterly ridiculous no the audio books.

message 27: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I keep waiting for an Ian book. He is the character that everyone loves to hate because he is crude.

message 28: by Angie (new)

Angie | 419 comments Lauren and Darcy, I'm with you both! Vlad's voice puts Bones' to shame. I almost gave up on the audio books because I was so disgusted with Bones' accent, but then I remembered he was born as the son of a prostitute in one of the worst areas of London. So the accent was probably right. What I still haven't gotten over is the whininess and high pitched sound of his voice. He's a very masculine man, and I just can't resolve that voice with his yumminess!!

But Ian!! I can't wait for his book, she's come close to admitting there will be one for sure. (SPOILER POSSIBLE!!!) Most people want it to be a few years down the road and his one true love to be the character introduced in the last book. I can kinda see it, since he's such a collector, and then things go further than he planned along the way. Look how he's still half in love with Cat!! Regardless of who he (and that other character) end up with, I'll enjoy reading their story (ies).

message 29: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Angie wrote: "Lauren and Darcy, I'm with you both! Vlad's voice puts Bones' to shame. I almost gave up on the audio books because I was so disgusted with Bones' accent, but then I remembered he was born as the s..."

I thought the narrator for the Cat and Bones books was horrible. I won't listen to them, but will read.

Your info on Ian is intriguing...I'm not sure what to think of it, not sure if it would work.

message 30: by Angie (new)

Angie | 419 comments Darcy wrote: "Angie wrote: "Lauren and Darcy, I'm with you both! Vlad's voice puts Bones' to shame. I almost gave up on the audio books because I was so disgusted with Bones' accent, but then I remembered he was..."

Oh I love the narrator, other than Bones' nasally whiny sound. She's done all of Frost's books now, as that she did Beautiful Ashes too.

Other than Frost saying she's pretty sure she'll do an Ian book, she doesn't know how soon and of course won't give out any info about it. Everything else is guessing or hoping. I think it would be terribly interesting if it went down that road, Bones really wanting to kill Ian if it goes that way! Not to mention Cat being all kinds of mother bear! It makes me laugh just thinking of the possibilities!! There's no way to know if any of this will come to be, but it's nice to think about. I wonder if the fanfic world has jumped on this idea yet. Hmm.

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I have enjoyed Tavia Gilbert's narration for all the other characters except Bones. Her voice for Vlad is spine tingling, lol!

Thanks for the info on Ian, Angie. I really want him to meet the woman who will bring him to his knees!

message 32: by Angie (new)

Angie | 419 comments Why don't Vlad and Leia have their own thread? Poor Vlad, having to share a post with that icky Bones ;-) Is anyone planning to do a buddy read on the third and possibly last Vlad book that's coming out this week? (I say possibly because Frost had put out a post saying she didn't think she'd be able to finish Vlad and Leia's story in three books.) I am probably going to read the first two again, since it's been a year since I last visited them, otherwise I'm going to be lost, considering how many books I've read in the interim.