Start by marking “At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)” as Want to Read:
At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)

At Grave's End

(Night Huntress #3)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  79,326 ratings  ·  2,713 reviews
Some Things Won’t Stay Buried … At Grave’s End

It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield’s life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she’s successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat’s worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover’s finally been blown, placing her in terri
Mass Market Paperback, 342 pages
Published January 1st 2009 by Avon (first published December 20th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about At Grave's End, please sign up.
Maria Yes, there is detailed sex, profanity and some gore.

·  79,326 ratings  ·  2,713 reviews

Start your review of At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Avenging Stars

*Spoilers below*

photo tumblr_inline_mhpu2tSlEJ1qz4rgp_zpslqn3gcog.gif

"Catherine Kathleen Crawfield, will you marry me?"-Bones

First read 2/13/2014 Reread 11/22/2015
Re reread 11/18

At Grave's End, The 3rd book in the Night Huntress Series, was action packed and full of bombshells. Kidnap, torture, backstabbers, near death, and enemies of old trying to kill you and everyone you love. Just another day in the lives of Bones and Cat! I don't think I can't write a review on this book without spoilers, because so many major things happ
Kristen
3 ½ Stars

I enjoyed this book for the most part; however, I missed the strong connection and romance between Cat and Bones that was prevalent in the first two books. That's not to say there wasn't romance, because there was, it was just watered down considerably in this story. Plus, I'm beyond tire of Tate. Why Cat allows him to continually disrespect Bones is beyond me. I lost a lot of respect for her character in this book because of that.

At Graves End is a good addition to this series. Even
Sophia Triad
What a ride!

☆☆☆☆☆One marriage proposal☆☆☆☆☆
“Catherine Kathleen Crawfield, will you marry me?”

☆☆☆☆☆Two powerful enemies☆☆☆☆☆
1. Patra (daughter of the one and only Cleopatra)
2. Max (Hello daddy dearest)

☆☆☆☆☆More power☆☆☆☆☆
“War is coming, I’ve seen it. With your new strength and our combined lines, we’ll have a better chance to win.”

☆☆☆☆☆More of Bone’s “lovely” ex-flings☆☆☆☆☆
“She has no interest in you, Cat. Killing you was just a means to get to Bones.”

☆☆☆☆☆Many emotional goodbyes☆☆☆☆☆
1. “Fix him,
Auntee
Jul 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Whew! What a crazy, thrilling read...I feel like I just spent days in a gruesome, gory amusement park, on a ride that just wouldn't stop! I'm not sure where to begin in describing this book.

I'll start with the obvious. This book started out as almost all Urban Fantasy, with Bones and Cat and company going from one confrontation to another, fighting the baddies with lots of gore and mayhem, and their usual wit and sarcastic humor. My, how the heads rolled in this one (some literally)...for those
Kat Kennedy
It completely lacks in buttsecks. So other than that, there's not much to say other than Bones' overprotectiveness is getting on my nerves.

She's a big girl. Just because someone looks at her wrong, doesn't mean they need to be introduced to the business end of Mr Sharp and Pointy.

Also, they're totally an evil empire and they just don't know it. They've killed more people than most natural disasters can even manage. All in the name of buttsecks... err, love.
Alp
THOROUGHLY AWESOME!

At Grave's End is the third installment in Night Huntress series and I found it was far better than the two previous ones. I wonder why it took me so long to start this book. The story was more intense, more dangerous, more dramatic, more thrilling, and more emotional. More everything! There was so much going on that I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough to see what would happen next.

In this book, Bones completely stole my heart. He’s tough, amazingly strong, and hard to kill!
Emilie
Oct 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Really, these books should have a warning on their cover:
WARNING!
Once you start, you can't get enough. They are like a drug; you get high on Bones.

Do I need to say more?
Shawna
Emily May
Apr 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011, pnr, paranormal-uf
This third installment in the Night Huntress series just completely eradicated any 'buts' I had about the last two novels. I'd gone on and on about my love for the characters (especially Bones) and the fun, witty dialogue; but I still acknowledged that there was something lacking in Frost's plots that kept me from awarding the full 5 stars that I wanted to.

This book changed that. The plot was developed, fast-paced and sucked you in from the beginning. The other books were a lot more laid back an
Gavin
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This was another fun instalment in the Night Huntress series.

Cat and Bones are back to their ass-kicking best as they fight off an assassination attempt from her evil father and then get caught up in a full blown vampire war as it becomes apparent that a 2000 year old master vampire from Bones and Mencheres past supported the assassination attempt.

The plot was fast paced with plenty of intense action scenes. We also had plenty more of the romance and humor that was such a big part of the first
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a great time with this book during this re-read! I fell in love with this series quite a few years ago and decided to get the audiobooks since I knew that I would want to revisit this world. This is the third book in the Night Huntress series, which really does need to be read in order. There were parts of the book that I did remember but I had lost quite a few details over the years. I am very slowly working my way through the
Sarah Mac
2.5 stars. Slightly better than One Foot in the Grave, but not good enough.

Like One Foot, incidents in this book are strung together with little thread. They go here, they go there, they kill someone, someone tries to kill Cat, someone tries to kill Bones, they go somewhere else, they shuffle Cat's friends & family between safehouses, they go another place, they kill someone else. Absurdly complicated plots were brainstormed for seemingly needless reasons (usually revolving around Cat's safety).
Robin (Bridge Four)
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Re-read with the UF group of Buddies Books and Baubles

“How could you be nervous about asking me to marry you, Bones? I'd die for you. Why wouldn't I want to live for you as well?”

While there was a slight drop off between the first and second book this one rebounds quite nicely and is as good if not better than the first. Cat and Bones are back with great banter, dark humor and fun shenanigans again with an even more deadly adversary.

I will say that the author gave me a few serious heart pal
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Bones is the life of the series*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Second re-read: 06.11.2018
The third book in the series starts almost right after book two. Half-vampire Catherine ‘Cat’ ‘Cathy’ ‘Kitten’ ‘Commander’ ‘The Red Reaper’ Kathleen Crawfield (27) and her vampire bounty hunter/hit man Crispin Phillip Arthur Russell III (Crispin was his human name) ‘Bones’ (247), are both now working for the government. Well, Bones does it for Cat. Both are also now married by vampire law. Someone is out to get Bones
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Can't get enough of those two! A little sweet, a lot of sexy, and a bit of heartbreak - onward to the next!
Catherine
This book is actually more of a 3 1/2 star.

While reading my review, keep in mind that I did enjoy the book. I plan to continue reading the series and get the fourth book, but if my problem with this book consumes the next book I think this series and I will have to break up.

I loved a lot of the side characters in this one. Mencheres continues to be intriguing, although at times I just wanted to smack him and tell him to man up. Spade and Annette are back for more page time too. Who really caught
Rane
Oct 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Life should be great for Cat Crawfield, with her undead lover Bones by her side, a great job kicking the undead’s butt and friends whom have her back, but when Cat and Bones are force to stop an all out vampire war they’re in for a the fight of their lives...

The more I read The Night Huntress series the more I can’t help but fall in love with all of the characters and the world Frost has built. Some series suffer as they go along, but Frost doesn’t disappoint At Grave’s End with non-stop actio
Jilly
Goodreads is being weird right now, so I'll make it short.

After Chapter 32 of the last book, this one could not possibly have lived up to it, but it was still fun.

Also, according to Cat's descriptions, Bones looks like this:

And, the other guy in love with her, Tate, looks like this:

Now, I'm not trying to be superficial here, I just am. But, I would personally pick Option B. And to prove it's not only about his looks, Tate also has never uttered the words "Old Chap", so there is more motivation.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
All I have to say is one word... BONES

This series is so F-ing good. Jeaniene Frost writes urban fantasy just how I like it: Funny, sexy, action packed, and silly-drama free.

I'm not going to do a whole analyze-y review because I'm just going to circle back inevitably to the idea that "Bones is a sexy god... me likey" over and over. Let's just say that whenever I pick up a book in this series I get consistently amazing stuff.

This book is just so quotable. Here is one that made me laugh out loud:
Theresa
Dec 08, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009, fantasy
If you haven't read books 1 and 2 in this series, don't start with this entry. Really, just... don't. If you haven't read books 1 and 2, don't read this review.

Of the three books in this series to date, this entry was my least favorite.

What I liked:

- Bones. He can do no wrong. As a side note, it seemed like every sentence he spoke had some British-ism in it. Don't know why I noticed that, but I did. It didn't bother me - just had to his smoking hotness.

- Vlad. I was like, oh yeah, when I first
Lonna | FLYLēF
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
FLYLēF Reviews

As the third book, the Night Huntress series remains irresistibly addictive and my favorite thus far. Jeaniene Frost deepens Cat and Bones’ love story with the introduction of an exciting new character that shines a light at Bones' mysterious past.
It's just me Shelly B
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm sorry but these books are soooooooo GOOD I can't even stop and review them!!!! The weird thing is....this is the second time I've read them and they are STILL THAT GOOD!!!

Mother of sweet baby rabbits I f*cking love Bones and Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nicole
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
actual rating; 4.25 stars

I love Cat and Bones, but I could easily stop reading this book and not think about it. It's the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars.
Barbara
Feb 03, 2009 rated it did not like it
OMG you guys what's up with our (once) favorite authors and series?

Frost, Cole, Kenyon, Kleypass, Moning, Roberts (and a few others) seem to have taken the easy way out and have gone l-a-z-y with their work. I for one am starting to get tired of paying full price ($8.00 a pop mind you) for books half the size, large font, and with an embarrassing amount of copying and pasting...

I guess the only way we're going to get our great reads back are to quit buying these so-called "next installments" and
Anna M.
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it as much the second time around!
Helen 2.0
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
SPOILER WARNING

Is it just me or was this book not about Cat at all? I was so engaged in the expanding vampire world and in new/improved characters like Vlad, Patra, and Mencheres that I almost forgot Cat was narrating. I have to say I found vampire politics, this new world of magic, and the war plot more interesting than Cat and Bones in At Grave's End. Yes, of course I love the Cat/Bones ship, but it didn't feel as relevant in this book as it has in the previous two.

One exception there was Bon
Catarina
5 Awesome Stars.

In this third book we have Cat and Bones, now bound by blood and looking for a break.
Except that having a break is basically an impossible event in their lives and this time a vampire is seeking revenge against Bones that revenge is sought trough Cat, because everyone knows how Bones will react if something would happened to her.
And they are right, in a war against someone they don’t know and against powers that plot against them, their love and their “lives”, they are facing p
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Every single time they refer to Bones as Crispin, this guy pops into my head:

I have to physically shake my head so that I picture something hot like this instead:

Oh yeah, baby!

I liked this book, though not as much as the second book but more than the first.

I want to talk about Tate because I feel so bad for this guy. He kind of reminds me of Butch from BDB in Dark Lover.

*Tate is interested in a girl who obviously isn’t meant for him. Same with my man, Butch.

*Tate is willing to protect Cat eve
Brittany
Well the fun does NOT stop in this 3rd Installment of the Night Huntress series. The ride takes you on a roller coaster of ups and downs and happies and sads... It was a fun time and a TON of stuff happens in this book! So much! So pay attention.

My main complaint... As a love of Egyptology, I was sad that Patra/Anubis were not celebrated, and made out to be evil :(

Otherwise I can't wait for more.
Vampires, Weres a...: At Grave's End 30 20 May 21, 2018 03:23PM
Turning Pages At ...: At Graves End (Night Huntress #3) by Jeaniene Forst 39 13 Oct 01, 2015 07:06AM
adding e-books to my "read" list 2 16 Jan 30, 2015 05:13PM
Who would play Bones in a movie version? 122 708 Jul 09, 2014 04:47PM
Urban Fantasy: Looking for new books to read. 42 354 Sep 25, 2013 12:06AM

• Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
  • Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of the Night Huntress series, the Night Prince series, the Broken Destiny series, and the new Night Rebel series. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to twenty different countries. Jeaniene lives in Florida with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she rarely cooks and always sleeps in on ...more

Night Huntress (7 books)
  • Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)
  • Up from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)