This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Intro Thread - Lurkers and newbies, this is your in

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments So you've decided to join a hate group.................

Okay, this is where you introduce yourself. You can tell us where you're from and whatnot if you like. Most importantly you need to tell us what you hate, and make it funny. You can be clever or you can be vulgar. You can talk about Emily Bronte or you can tell us about your kid's diarrhea. Just make it good.

message 2: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Nice!

message 3: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I do what I can.

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Just be prepared for hateful, spiteful, or snarky comments about whatever you post.

message 5: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments You bring up a good point.

message 6: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Hi! I'm Gretchen! I'm originally from the midwest. I hate post deleters, other people's children and introducing myself.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments hi!!! im alfonso, i'm from DR but i rather say i'm from NY! i hate that yesterday i went out to send some cookies and xmast cards to a bunch of haters... but i forgot greatchens at home... and now i have to go back to the post office! and i dont want to! but i will today!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments you live out of the country!!! they'll spoil!!! i sent greatchen hers a while ago! and a water melon candy cane and some fried marbles! i hope she dont get confuse and try to eat the fried marbles!!!! THEY ARE NOT EATABLE GREATCHEN!!!!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments i'll send you some! PM your address and i'll send em on monday!

message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Yayyyy!!!!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments fuck you!!!!

(sorry coldnt resist!)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments

guahahahahahah! this is fun!

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Awwwww. Cute!

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan I'm Megan. I'm from Iowa and new to The Haters Club. Here is a short list of my hates:

I hate people that wear a sweatshirt and shorts. If its that cold, shouldn't you be wearing pants?

I hate when people constantly tell stories about their children, and I hate that I've turned in to "that person".

I hate going to Wal-Mart (a necessary evil) and dodging carts and passing old ladies to stand in line for 30 minutes.

I hate book snobs.

I hate (as of this morning) starting my car 30 minutes before I leave for work so I don't get frostbite.

Let the mocking begin!

message 15: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Oddrun wrote: "Just one thing, meghan. Why don't you preheat your car? You are polluting way too much, and it's fecking icky for your neighbours. I've been that neighbour, and i hated it! It's annoying waking up ..."

Euro-hippie!

Megan, I agree with the book snob hate, but I don't agree with your choice to live in Iowa. I know nothing about it, but I feel comfortable saying that it's the most boring state in the union. Also, you're spelling your name wrong at least once. It's just bad form.

message 16: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Oddrun how do you preheat a car without starting it? Was something lost in the translation there?

message 17: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Megan, no one has to go to Wal-mart. You should cut that out. Its the worst place ever.

message 18: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments That reminds me - I need to go to Wal Mart today.

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan Oddrun wrote: "Just one thing, meghan. Why don't you preheat your car? You are polluting way too much, and it's fecking icky for your neighbours. I've been that neighbour, and i hated it! It's annoying waking up ..."

My closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away, I'm sure they don't mind. I like living in the country with no close neighbors to bother us.

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan Rusty wrote: "Oddrun wrote: "Just one thing, meghan. Why don't you preheat your car? You are polluting way too much, and it's fecking icky for your neighbours. I've been that neighbour, and i hated it! It's anno..."

I have lived in Iowa my whole life and can't seem to get away. Its not as bad as you would think. It is kinda sad that the only thing to come out of Iowa is Tom Arnold, Ashton Kutcher, and corn, but don't hold that against me.

I can't explain the name spelling without revealing my favorite books, which would cause more mocking, so you get no answer.

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan smetchie wrote: "Megan, no one has to go to Wal-mart. You should cut that out. Its the worst place ever."

I've limited it to every 2-3 weeks. It is the worse place ever. I have limited shopping in my town without going to Iowa City or the Quad Cities, which is only 20 minutes away or so, but then I gotta deal with traffic, which I hate.

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan Oddrun wrote: "OMG, megan, you are member in a lot of groups! Are you active in all of those?"

Most of them I am active in, some more than others though.

message 23: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Oddrun wrote: "You can have a motorheater. That makes the motor warm, and therefore the whole car gets heated at once. Or you could have a cupe heater, which you set to a spesific time, and then the car is warm w..."

I don't know what you're talking about. I think I've heard they have these things in Alaska and other ridiculously cold places. Maybe they have them in Iowa.

Megan, even if the only thing to come out of Iowa was Ashton Kutcher, that's a lot to be proud of.

message 24: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Dec 14, 2010 08:39AM) (new)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments can i call dips in the hot new haters here????

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments i mean in general!!! like if i see one i get first dips!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!!!! I HATE MY LIFE!!!I HATE IT SO MUCH!!!1

yes, it is =(

stupid english!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments i'm afraid to google Dips now =-(

message 28: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments yay!

message 29: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) What a dipstick!

message 30: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I would like to point out that I succeeded in getting one lurker to come out of the closet so far. So contrary to popular belief, I am not the worst mod ever.

message 31: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Great job, Rusty. Give me your address and I'll send you a prize.

message 32: by Megan (new)

Megan Rusty wrote: "I would like to point out that I succeeded in getting one lurker to come out of the closet so far. So contrary to popular belief, I am not the worst mod ever."

I feel so welcome and judged. Thank you.

message 33: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) smetchie wrote: "Great job, Rusty. Give me your address and I'll send you a prize."

Good luck with that.

Servius  Heiner erm... the bill? or the prize?

message 35: by Aileen (new)

Aileen Hi! I am Aileen and new to the haters club.

I am told all the time that I am a major hater. A short list:

"marrieds" on facebook
People who are smug
twi-hards
Christmas music, especially "the christmas shoes"
oprah
breeders

Whoever posted booksnobs, I am totally on board.
I was a literature major in college, and let me tell you book snobs are the cherry on my annoyance sundae.

message 36: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Hi Aileen! What are twi-hards?

message 37: by Megan (new)

Megan Oddrun wrote: "Twilight fans?"

correct

message 38: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Ooops. That's at least two for me then

I'm not counting myself as a "married" on facebook but maybe I am. I'm probably smug too. Fuck!

I hate Aileen.

message 39: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Fuck off Oddrun. You know I hate that self-centered bitchwhore.

message 40: by Aileen (new)

Aileen @smetchie I dont hate all married people, I am one. This is what I hate on facebook:

wife: I love my husband times 1000! I made him a grilled cheese! (5:16)
Wife: He loves my grilled cheese! We are perfect together! (5:19)
Wife: I am so luckkky! (insert taylor swift lyrics) (5:24)
Husband: I love you boogerhead! (6:03)
Wife: I love you too snuggleug! xoxox we are going to be togetha 4 eva! (6:09)

I am sure everyone has at least one "married" on fb?

message 41: by smetchie (last edited Dec 14, 2010 02:30PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Ok that's what I thought you meant. That's why I wasn't counting myself. I hate those people too. I also hate breeders, even though I'm one of those as well. Self-loathing. But I don't hate Twilight.

message 42: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "Rusty wrote: "I would like to point out that I succeeded in getting one lurker to come out of the closet so far. So contrary to popular belief, I am not the worst mod ever."

I feel so welcome and judged. Thank you.

That's a pretty good first day around here.

Great job, Rusty. Give me your address and I'll send you a prize.

You never stop, do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjZ7hx...

This is a great song (especially if you're 35 going on 90, as I am), but the title is the thing.

message 43: by smetchie (last edited Dec 15, 2010 05:06AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Ah yes. I've heard of a block heater. Except I always understood it to be something you kept attached overnight so everything didn't freeze solid. I hope to never need one of those.

Servius  Heiner same here

message 45: by Servius Heiner (last edited Dec 15, 2010 08:34AM) (new)

Servius  Heiner I have the uber cold weather combo kit.

Block heater
oil pan heater
tran heater
trickle charger on the batt.

And yes between our two cars our electric bill jumps about 100 and some change during the winter months... so you know 7 months out of the year.

as of yet they haven't come up with a way around square tires yet.

message 46: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments @ Aileen
I really like all of your hates. To clarify, what qualifies as a book snob? Is it when I overhear two women at Olive Garden talking about how magical the latest Nicholas Sparks book is and assume they are idiots?
With regard to TwiHards, I thought they were SUPERFANS- you know, the ones who buy the posters and those Edward Cullen body pillows and who paint glitter on their boyfriends... am I wrong?

message 47: by Megan (new)

Megan BunWat wrote: "One. I think a motor heater is a block heater.

Two. Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "It is kinda sad that the only thing to come out of Iowa is Tom Arnold, Ashton Kutcher, and corn, but don't hold th..."

I live only ten minutes from the Herbert Hoover birthplace and museum. I was a bridesmaid (which I also hate) this past summer and the wedding party had to get pictures in the "natural Iowa prairie" that is part of it. Which basically means 4+ foot tall grass with really sharp blades wearing heals and a corset dress walking up hill. We had to lift our dresses within an inch of public exposure so it wouldn't snag and then fall on our faces. It was hell. I now hate Herbert Hoover.

Grant Wood has paintings on display at my library. I have nothing against Grant Wood.

Servius  Heiner Oddrun wrote: "I have a massively altered car, so i have two electric systems, the block heater, the device that heats the interior of my car, and it must at all times be charged. What happened the last time i dr..."

What kind of car do you have? It should not be freezing up like that at -10.

Servius  Heiner I'd take it to the shop. A simple test will tell them if the batteries are shot. With all the added power draw the alternator might not be able to keep up so it may need a larger higher rated one. Or the alternator just might be faulty.

How often do you drive it?

message 50: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Nick does your block heater thingy heat the inside of the car too? So you don't have to start it up to make it toasty?

« previous 1