YA Must-Reads discussion

Fun Stuff/Games!! > What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 278 (278 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Come here to suggest books and tell everyone what you're reading :)

Currently, I'm reading the Au Pairs by Melissa de la Cruz. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would!

message 2: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 363 comments Mod
I get that, but did you have to put it as what The Group is currently reading?

I'm reading The hunger games

message 3: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments Why not? I'll read it. Well, at the moment I am reading Dark Visions by L.J.Smith. It's good.

message 4: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Really? I'll have to look up that book.

message 5: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments actually, it's called something like "strange powers" but I like Dark Vission because it's the whole triliogy in one book. AWESOME!!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm reading the 4-6th books of the Sweep series. it has 12 books all together, but each book is only like 200 pages. i buy the books in 3s. well, i juss started, so i'm readin' the 4th one. it's called Dark Magick. it's by Cate Tiernan.

message 7: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

I'm reading The Season. If anyone has heard of it.

message 8: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
omg i love the sweep series! i didnt know anyone else who read them!

i just started reading the L.J. Smith books. some kind of annoy me but they are pretty good :)

reading fallen.

message 9: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Tori wrote: "I get that, but did you have to put it as what The Group is currently reading?

I'm reading The hunger games"

I figure that everyone just posts what they're reading there.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 10, 2010 04:23AM) (new)

my momma gave me a book she found called the short second life of bree tanner an eclipse novella by Stephenie Meyer. it's only about 200 pages. i finished it about three hours after she gave it to me, but i read it non-stop. it's really good.

message 11: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
i was unsure whether to read that or not. i mean everyone who read the twilight books knows the ending. she dies

message 12: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Destani wrote: "my momma gave me a book she found called the short second life of bree tanner an eclipse novella by Stephenie Meyer. it's only about 200 pages. i finished it about three hours after she gave it to ..."

Heard of it, read the first chapter, don't think i'm gonna get it.

On another note, I'm reading our groups book Clockwork Angel! It's a gloomy day which is perfect! I love this book so far, and if anyone has read The Mortal Instruments series then you will definitely see people that I love in this book! I find it odd and a little of a bore when you can figure others emotions before the do. =^/

message 13: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments Oh man! for any of you who like French Ravolution boks, this one I'm reading is great. It's called Sovay and it's set in the same period but it's way different. It's not quite focused around the French Revolution, but it takes a more sympathetic side to the event. It's actually about a lady in England and what happens to her. But at the moment, the part I'm at, she's going to France so it's connected.

message 14: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
oh i heard of sovay. isnt she like robin hood?

message 15: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments Not at all, actually. She's just kinda... herself. Although it puts that on the book cover.

message 16: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veronica_mitchell) I am currently reading The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima. So far it is pretty good.

message 17: by Camilla (last edited Jan 11, 2011 11:16AM) (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Just got done reading Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines : not what I thought it was. It was a good story, but the climax was a little (a lot) anticlimactic; and Another Pan (Another, #2) by Daniel Nayeri : again, not what I expected, it's the 2nd novel to Another series and it was better than I thought it was going to be.

Now I am going to start reading one of the seven books that I got from the library. Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins or The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff or Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate or Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick or one of the other 3 that I cannot remember. I have my month full!

message 18: by Izzy (new)

Izzy I'm currently reading Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty - this is the second book in the Jessica Darling series, and I like it a lot so far! It's shaping up to be just as good as the first.

message 19: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Currently reading Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison and it is pretty awesome.

message 20: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Sweet God, Alice! That is one of my favorite books!!! Love it! And it's so SAD!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

message 21: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Oh my God. I just finished it, Camilla. I just couldn't stop reading it. It is indeed so SAD. But so so beautiful.
Definitely one of my favorites.

message 22: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Woah. Is it really that sad?

message 23: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments It was amazing! So good! Yeah, it's so sad! If I were to re-read it I would have a whole box of Kleenex next to me. I didn't just cry; it was the type of cry where my face was soaked and I had snot mixed in! I was a hot mess! And the craziest part was that I couldn't stop reading. I kept reading through the tears. That took some time. lol :D

message 24: by K.C. (last edited Jan 27, 2011 11:01AM) (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 31 comments I'm reading Jenny Pox, about 1/3 of the way through it, and it's really good - I stayed up an extra 45 minutes last night because I couldn't put it down. :)

Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan

message 25: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments I'll have to check that out! It looks amazing!

message 26: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments XD ... Just put it on my 'to-read' list!

message 27: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Camilla wrote: "It was amazing! So good! Yeah, it's so sad! If I were to re-read it I would have a whole box of Kleenex next to me. I didn't just cry; it was the type of cry where my face was soaked and I had snot..."

I know! I kept reading and reading. I was a mess and my face was filled with tears and I was sobbing so hard. Thank God, I was locked in my room, otherwise my mom would've freaked out-or I wasn't in school.

message 28: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Anyway, I am currently reading V for Vendetta by Steve Moore and it is pretty awesonme.

Question out of the topic: Is 'damn' a bad word? Since I live in Pma, I have no real way of knowing.

message 29: by Camilla (last edited Feb 01, 2011 05:27AM) (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Have you seen the movie 'V for Vendetta'? If so, is it anything like the book? I thought that the movie had a good plot and story line.

As far as 'damn' being a bad word: I think that all depends on the person and how one would define the word. To me it's a curse word and I would never use it.

Here is what a web dictionary says:
▸ noun: something of little value ("His promise is not worth a damn")
▸ verb: wish harm upon; invoke evil upon
▸ adjective: used as expletives ("Oh, damn (or goddamn)!")
▸ adjective: expletives used informally as intensifiers ("I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing")
▸ adverb: extremely

message 30: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Reading Last Sacrifice. I swear...if Adrian bonds with someone and gets involved with them instead of Rose...I think thats where it's headed and I will be extremely angry if it is!! Go Team Adrian! Always cheering for the underdogs.

message 31: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Aw thank you, Camilla. It's just that here, in a place where everyone talks spanish, you don't really see the caliber of the word.

And about 'V' it's exactly as the movie. And yes, I have seen it and it's one of my favorites. The book is the same as the movie, however, of course, you get more details and explanations.

message 32: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 31 comments Anybody read I Am Number Four, by Pittacus Lore (ha, what a great name!)? I have it on reserve at the library, but there are like 40 people ahead of me. It looks really good!
I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore

message 33: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments @Alice: You are most welcome:D

@Kate: !!!! I have read it. It is GREAT!!!! :D Hope you get a chance to read it. And soon!

message 34: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 31 comments Camilla wrote: @Kate: !!!! I have read it. It is GREAT!!!! :D Hope you get a chance to read it. And soon!"

Yah, I sure hope all those people ahead of me hurry up! Patience: so not my strength. :)

message 35: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) I'm reading Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare and is AWESOMEEE.

message 36: by Camilla (last edited Feb 22, 2011 10:37AM) (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Kate wrote: "Camilla wrote: @Kate: !!!! I have read it. It is GREAT!!!! :D Hope you get a chance to read it. And soon!"

Yah, I sure hope all those people ahead of me hurry up! Patience: so not my strength. :)"

Went and saw the movie! LOVE! It is SO different from the book, but in a good way. To me anyway. Can't say that anyone else will have the same opinion.

I am reading Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater The Demon Girl (The Rae Wilder Novels #1) by Penelope Fletcher Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright Throat by R.A. Nelson Eternal (Tantalize, #2) by Cynthia Leitich Smith Blessed (Tantalize, #3) by Cynthia Leitich Smith ... in that order.

message 37: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) I just finished Clockwork Angel and it was great. The Millenium Trilogy is her next choice to read.

message 38: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Started reading Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia . has anyone read it yet?

message 39: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Yeah...wasn't my favorite. But, hey, if you like it then keep on keepin' on!

message 40: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 31 comments Here's what I'm reading/will read soon:
Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Betrayed (House of Night, #2) by P.C. Cast Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2) by Melissa de la Cruz Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld

message 41: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Yeah its very slow so far...its also running in circles.

message 42: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments I thought so too. I just didn't want to ruin it for you and cloud your judgement with my opinions.

message 43: by Cara (new)

Cara | 1 comments Need advice of which to read first! I have both Crank and 13 Reasons Why for a month from the library. Which to read first?

message 44: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
@ Cara- I know our other moderator, Tori, read the whole entire Crank series and loved it.

@ Camilla- I finally finished it. Way too many coincidences and people popping up at exactly the right time. The characters (Ridley, Link, Liv, and Lea at the end) were what really made me continue reading. The first was definitely the best.

message 45: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments @Cara: I have not read the Crank series, but I have read 13 Reasons Why and I really liked it. I would read that one first before starting a series. But that's just me.

@Patti: I am glad that you finally finished it! And I agree that the first was the best. I think that I'll read the next one, but I hope the story gets better.

message 46: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Cara wrote: "Need advice of which to read first! I have both Crank and 13 Reasons Why for a month from the library. Which to read first?"

READ CRANK!!!!!!! ^-^

I surely had my moments when I wanted to ehem kill one of the characters who I shall not name for fear that I might get the feeling to strangle them again...but I loved the style and it was a good book.

message 47: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
@Camilla- just reread my post and noticed that Garcia and Stohl have an obsession with names that start with L.

Reading My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 48: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments @Patti: Haha! I never noticed! Wow...

I have WAY too many books to read! So, why am I on Goodreads? ... I'm an addict!

message 49: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Patti wrote: "@Camilla- just reread my post and noticed that Garcia and Stohl have an obsession with names that start with L.

Reading My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent"

That book....was good. Great. Fantastic! As I can recall...I think....maybe....

message 50: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments HAHAHA!!!! Oh, man!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6