Start by marking “Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  35,663 Ratings  ·  4,965 Reviews

If anyone had told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that's all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.
Published September 25th 2012 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Alice in Zombieland, please sign up.
Mercedes I would be considered a young adult, due to my age, and no I did not find it one bit 'erotic.' To me it was and absolute page turner though, and I…moreI would be considered a young adult, due to my age, and no I did not find it one bit 'erotic.' To me it was and absolute page turner though, and I could not put it down. (less)
Haley I liked the romance in this book because the main girl, Alice, was pretty badass and didn't take his crap.

Kat Kennedy
Whether or not you enjoy this book depends on what you were expecting to begin with. No Really. Look at that cover, reread the synopsis and decide right now what you’re hoping from this book. Is it:

a) A dark, twisted retelling of Alice in Wonderland with zombie creatures?

b) A high school melodrama about ghost/zombies with no real Alice in Wonderland connection.

If you thought B then good for you. Read this book. If you thought A then back the hell off now. This is not the book for you and you wil
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
Going into this I had a really good feeling that I wouldn't like it and I was right. First problem is I don't like zombies (which is obviously a personal preference thing), second problem is the fact that this is just a superficial high school drama, and the third and biggest problem for me is the fact that this is not a damn Alice in Wonderland retelling. People had warned me about that going in but I thought I'd at least get something considering the title of this and it's sequels but NOPE I w ...more
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
As you can see this is another DNF review, because I can only take so much torture, and reading this was overkill. I made it about 120-something pages, and then I reached my breaking point.

What I Oh So Desperately Wanted: An awesome, zombiefied Alice in Wonderland retelling with lots of action.

What I Got: Crappy, unoriginal, stereotypical teen melodrama.

So we have Alice, a girl who's dad is claimed to be psycho cause he sees these "monsters". And then her whole family gets killed in a car crash
Giselle
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, own
OFF WITH HER HEAD!!

Alice in Wonderland with zombies? Not so much. Creative zombie ghosts lore (… you heard me. Zombie. Ghosts) with great humor and charming characters? Definitely!

Despite the title, Alice in Zombieland really has nothing much to do with Alice in Wonderland. There may be some scattered references, but it's really a unique story all on its own. While some may be disappointed, I wasn't terribly familiar with the specifics of the classic tale, so I found myself having a lot of fun
description

Alice in Zombieland tells the story of Alice, who goes by Ali, and her life ends up being a non-stop zombie hunt. Alice is a sixteen years old girl, pretty ordinary, except that she's not. She has a pretty regular mother, an absolutely funny and charming little sister and a "crazy" father. She's always lived with her father rules:
Never go out at night.
Never to venture into a cemetery.
And never, under any circumstances, to trust someone who wants you to do either.

But we all have our time and af
Navdha
Does the title Alice in Zombieland along with the intriguing synopsis and lovely cover has you convinced that you have to read this book?

No? Never mind.

But if your answer is ‘Yes’, then you need to ask yourself this:

Are you expecting to find a gory, engrossing, retelling of Alice in Wonderland with zombie goodness putridness?

No? Okay.
So far so good.

Are you prepared to go through the same overused insta-lust bullshit between the main characters with hardly any explanations or focus on the plot
Cait • A Page with a View
2.5 stars. Ok so I missed the memo that this isn't much of an Alice in Wonderland retelling. The good news is that it's not too heavy on the zombies (which aren't really my thing). Buuuut the bad news is that without the Alice retelling or true zombies you're left with a very cliche, shallow high school drama of angsty teens, instalove, alpha males, and obnoxious characters. The writing was fine, though, so I still kept reading.

I guess this really wasn't what I was looking for. I DO like tropes!
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 COLE STARS <333

I think everybody knows Alice in Wonderland..but did you know that there is also another Alice?? With Zombies...Yes yes you heard me...there are zombies in this book...like many of them!!!But these zombies weren't what I expected and the concept was different because the hunters had to fight leaving their bodies aside and using the spirit!!It was interesting and very unique!!

description

Alice moves in with her grandparents after her parent's and sister's death.She tries to accept her ne
Kaylee Magic
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Sweet Jesus, Ali is not your typical sit-back-and-take-it heroine -- she's wild for a girl who looks like a doll, and I SERIOUSLY LOVE THAT. Go kick some invisible zombie butt, Ali! (: ♥

-----

Alice in Zombieland is, quite frankly, not what I was expecting. It's BETTER. It ROCKS. It totally KICKED ASS, which I guess should've been expected of a Gena Showalter book incorporating zombies into my favourite childhood story. I always used to want to go to Wonderland b
✩ Ashley ✩ {on hiatus}
0.5 Stars

*walks up to mic*
*tap*tap*tap*
*clears throat*

Are you ready for this??? Are you absolutely certain?! Because I don’t even have a star defined on my rating system...

◈ ▹▹▹ WARNING: RANT AHEAD! ◃◃◃ ◈

What I was anticipating:
-» Zombies!
-» An Alice in Wonderland retelling
-» A Harlequin Teen romance

What I was given:
Lies!Lies!Lies!

“She won't rest until she's sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.”

Oooooookay, let’s address the giant elephant first. Whoever is resp
April
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I actually really enjoyed this book. There were times I had to remind myself that these characters were in high school so I would stop being frustrated with them but other than that it was a fun and smooth read. My heart hurt for everything Alice dealt with at such a young age, I loved Cole he was so sweet and cared for her so deeply. Im definitely reading the second book!! I’m hoping Alice and Cole get their HEA.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but Alice in Zombieland has very little to do with Lewis Carroll’s classic. In fact, aside from the title itself and the white rabbit-shaped cloud that warns our Ali of danger, there’s nothing connecting the two. As someone who stays as far away from retellings as possible, I was overjoyed when I discovered this, but if you go into this expecting a new version of that story, you might find yourself disappointed.

Alice in Zombieland is, above all, a fun little bo
Katy
Sep 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
My Goodread friends have either really, really liked this book or really, really hated it. Now, I know why, and I have so many things to say about it - and not good ones.

First of all, I thought this book was going to be a parody of Alice in Wonderland or have some kind of parallelism or allusion to it, but the only things that lined up were a character named Alice and the mention of a white rabbit - in this book, it was the stupid clouds. So yeah, not much correlation to Alice in Wonderland.

I was obviously expecting too much from this book, because boy was I disappointed.

Alice was an okay character, I felt sorry for her because of the way she lost her whole family, and the way she blamed herself for it. It must have been really hard for her to find herself so alone, and to have to deal with the knowledge that the monsters her father raved about were actually real!

The storyline in this revolved around Alice learning to fight zombies, and it got old real quick. I got bored. I felt li
Wendy Darling
Not much of an Alice book at all. But so much fun! Review to come.
Scarlet Cameo
Jul 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
English review at the bottom

¡¡¡Pasen, pasen todos a ver una nueva versión de libros de adolescentes de fantasía en la cual no encontrarás cosas nuevas!!!

Hacer entrañable un libro es dificil, se necesitan aspecto únicos y originales que los lectores estén pidiendo así que este libro te gustará sí:

Querías ver a una adolescente insegura, que se siente culpable y poco atractiva (aunque toodos creen que es sexy), que repentinamente tiene que mudarse con un familiar al que casi no conoce. (view spoi
Mizuki
Reading Progress:

This is how I reacted to this book:

(Link: http://sammo6661deth.deviantart.com/a...)

Actually review here:

Note: I read the translated version of this book.

There is one word I think is the most suitable for this supposed Alice in Wonderland retelling, and this word is ridiculous.

(1) Calling this book an Alice-retelling is equated to lying. All of the Alice-references are so poorly done and senseless (a bunch of teenagers throwing a regular beer-and-disco-music party is equated to t
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
“Let’s see what I can do to change that, shall we? We’re going on a little adventure, you and I. When I give an order, you’ll obey it. There will be no asking politely, no matter how much you bat your lashes at me.”

Where do I start with Alice in Zombieland....well, to be honest zombies are really not my thing AT ALL! I've read several zombie books and just cant see what all the hype is about - they just don't do anything for me, but because of all the awesome reviews on this book, I wa
Ashley
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was so fun!!!!
“Never forget that evil is evil. You cannot change it. You cannot lead it to the light. But, if you let it, evil can lead you to the darkness.”

I loved this book, surprisingly. I was really hesitant and I had actually decided to not read it some time ago, but back in August I noticed my BFF Lauren wanted to read it and I thought it would be fun to read together...WELL, we finally got to it, and I enjoyed it immensely!

The last "Alice and Wonderland" retelling I read was.
Sarah (saz101)
Alice in Zombieland. The name alone screams Burtonesque-Resident Evil promise. Yet readers approaching Gena Showalter’s latest Young Adult offering with such hopes will find themselves disappointed. Instead, Alice in Zombieland will appeal to fans of the likes of Twilight and Vampire Diaries, those desperate for unrequited romance, dark teen angst and dangerous secrets. Leave your expectations at the door, and climb down the rabbit hole...

The Story:
Alice’s father’s always been nuts. He sees mons
Hannah
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
The first thing I'm going to address about this book is the cover. I love the cover and it's perfect for the book. Before I go into the review I wanna say I'm not into zombie books. Nor do I like or enjoy the concepts or books that are about zombies. So throughout this book something was missing. Alice the heroine wasn't a good heroine at all in fact I really disliked her. At the beginning of this book I really hated her whole self punishment bullshit. Cole was probably the most interesting char ...more
Penny
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one very much.

I liked the plot, the characters, the "zombies", the story, but specially, I liked the romance.

The romance is the main reason I gave it 4 stars. Usually, YA Fantasy books leave me wanting for more romance, but this one satisfied me so it gets 4 stars.
Brianna Maddox
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THAT. WAS. AMAZING! *grabby hands* I NEED the 2nd book in my hands. now.
Rowan
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review also posted on Rowan Reads and Raves .

So this book starts off with Ali, a not-so-normal teenage girl begging her mom to let them go to her little sisters dance recital. Which doesn’t seem like such a huge thing to ask, especially when it’s on her birthday that they forgot again. Except, it is a big deal when your dad refuses to let you go out after dark, because he is beyond terrified that the monsters are going to get them. Yeah, her dad has a few paranoia issues. But in the end, she con
Jessie Potts
When I first saw this cover I thought it was going to be a retelling of Alice in Wonderland with Zombies instead of villains... dang I was wrong. Showalter just used Alice Bell's Name and cute things from the wonderland books like 'curiouser and curiouser' otherwise it was a completely new and very action packed start to a brilliant series that I can't wait to dig into.

Alice's dad is crazy, certifiable. He claims there are monsters no one else can see and won't let the family go out after dark.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Originally posted on A Reader of Fictions.

As soon as I heard about this book, I super wanted to get my hands on it. Zombie retelling of Alice in Wonderland? Umm, yes, please! How could that possibly go wrong? Well, it turns out, it could go wrong in a number of ways. Alice in Zombieland has a certain appeal, but not the one that I suspect most readers will be expecting when they crack its spine.

The very first thing you need to know about Alice in Zombieland: it has nothing whatsoever to do with
Cody
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
WE’RE NOT IN WONDERLAND ANYMORE..

description

Seriously we’re not, if you’re looking for an Alice in Wonderland retelling this is not it! I’m obsessed with anything and everything Alice and the only reason for reading this book was the: ‘Alice in Zombieland’, ‘White Rabbit Chronicles’ and ‘Off with their Heads’ description the cover. All these signs clearly point to a retelling but this isn’t the case, don’t be misled. If you are looking for an Alice retelling I highly recommend A.G. Howard’s Splintered se
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
Absolutely loved this take on zombies and Alice in Wonderland, It was fast paced and well written I was so drawn to every character! Even the underdeveloped ones I can't wait to read the next book.
Jasprit
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jasprit by: Sam
I think I may be in the minority of reviewers who didn’t enjoy Alice in Zombieland. With a stunning cover and alluring premise what’s not to love? I think when I read the word zombie; I should have taken that as a sign as I haven’t had much luck with zombie books except for one. But I went in with the hopes that it would provide something different and different it certainly did.

The beginning of the book I had no problems with, I found myself thrown into the mix from the get go, with several que
S.J. Abbo
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it

description

I love the author of this book very much and even if I do love her others books better, I like this one too.
And for heaters...

description

• Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries, #1)
  • Taking on the Dead (Famished #1)
  • Velveteen
  • Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight #1)
  • Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2)
  • Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1)
  • Soul Screamers Volume Two (Soul Screamers #3, 3.5, 4)
  • Silver (Bandia, #1)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Starling (Starling, #1)
  • Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
  • Cursed
  • Undead (Undead, #1)
  • Touched (Sense Thieves, #1)
  • Valkyrie Rising (Valkyrie, #1)
  • The Infects
  • Falling to Ash (Moth, #1)
  • Auracle
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter

White Rabbit Chronicles (4 books)
  • Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)
  • The Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles, #3)
  • A Mad Zombie Party (White Rabbit Chronicles, #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • I Hate Everyone But You
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Cruelty
    $7.80 $2.99
“Don't look now, but that's my ex over there."
Surely I'm not the only one who takes "don't look now" as "there's no better time than now." I looked.
"Bad, Ali!" Another slap to my arm. "Bad, bad, bad Ali! Have you no self control?”
233 likes
“He ignored me, thank God, saying to Kat, "Let go of Frosty's leash. You're choking the life out of him."
Kat's eyes narrowed to tiny slits, a sure sign of her aggression. "He deserves to choke. He didn't keep little frosty in his pants this summer." the words snapped like a whip.
"He did." Cole snapped back with unwavering confidence.
"Not."
"Did."
"Not!"
"Did,"
"Not, not, not!" she shouted with a stomp of her foot.
"What are we five?" Cole said.
"Six.”