Start by marking “All That Glows (All That Glows, #1)” as Want to Read:
All That Glows (All That Glows, #1)

All That Glows (All That Glows #1)

3.49  ·  Rating Details ·  1,617 Ratings  ·  251 Reviews
Emrys—a fiery, red-headed Fae—always embraced her life in the Highlands, far from the city’s draining technology, until she’s sent to London to rejoin the Faery Guard. But this isn’t any normal assignment—she’s sent to guard Prince Richard: Britain’s notorious, partying bad boy and soon-to-be King. The prince’s careless ways and royal blood make him the irresistible for th ...more
Published February 11th 2014 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about All That Glows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All That Glows

Khanh (the Grinch)
Even though I knew there were assassins on the loose, I’d let myself get caught up in Richard, in these ...feelings I can’t seem to shake. I ignored my duties, skipped protocol. Richard almost ended up dead for it.
You know how when you're 12 years old sometimes you have these silly daydreams you're secretly a stunningly beautiful fairy princess who meets a hot prince who's such a playboy and everyone thinks he's such an asshole but secretly he's really really smart and deep and meaningful bu
Blythe
Actual rating is 1.5 stars, but

THIS.

BOOK.

IS.

HYSTERICAL.

Discussion review with Mel is up on the blog right here! Lots of snark and awful metaphors and whatnot. Comments appreciated if you do read it! :)
Melanie

Probably no full review because this doesn't deserve my time.

But yeah, here's some problems I had with this book:
- Mary Sue protagonist
- Really awful metaphors. Think infinity worse than Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Insta-love
- Illogical things happening all over the place
- Romance everywhere. I swear, it's on every page
- Protagonist has a seriously bad obsession with vomiting and her bile
- Really random and irrelevant plot twist.
- Retarded nickname. Like what even.
- Love inter
Wendy Darling
2.5 stars This might've been better with a little tinkering. I don't dislike it as much as some of my friends seem to, but after the intriguing first few chapters, the story really does wander all over the place, with repetitive attacks on the Prince without much cohesion.

It's also annoying that a faery guardian that is hundreds of years old and can fight off attackers (except when the Prince saves her, of course) falls so easily in love. Especially for a guy who's kind of bland and uninteresti
Wendy Higgins
I beta-read this for Ryan and her writing is beautiful!!! We met because we share the same editor at HarperTeen. I loved her take on faeries, and this gorgeous cover fits the tone of the book perfectly!! :)

It's modern, not historical, and the characters/royalty are all fictional.
Kate Bond
Jul 19, 2013 Kate Bond rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc

I’ll admit that I am partially to blame for what happened here. I read the premise, and I thought this would be a reverse Jane Eyre–or at the very least a reverse Twilight–with, you know, like a billion-year-old lady who falls in love with a teenage boy. I thought the power dynamics would be knocked on their tiny heads. I thought this bad-ass Fae warrior would have to make some tough choices about a humble soldier’s worthiness as a match for a prince. Basically I wanted She-Hector.

And t
Jillian -always aspiring-
Nov 15, 2011 Jillian -always aspiring- marked it as maybe-reads
Shelves: titles-i-love
In which a partying prince falls in love a Kate Middletonesque fae, who has been protecting the British royal family for centuries, and who must make an impossible choice amidst a backdrop of a palace murder and paparazzi mayhem.

Wait...what?

Since I feel as though I'm being punked by the placeholder book blurb, I'm just going to say that I love the idea of a fae guardian protecting a royal family, so...here's hoping the book will be good reading come 2013.
Tabitha (Pabkins)
My dominating reaction while reading All That Glows? Meat! Where is the substance I say? Is there Romance - yes! But I need something more to attach onto. But perhaps that isn't totally true because sometimes now and then I enjoy a strictly romantic book. Sympathizing and liking the characters is very key for me though. Barring a somewhat lackluster love interest and some juvenile behaviors, which didn't make sense given supposed age (I'm confused here I tell you - I've seen this done before and ...more
Alyssa

Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

Summary (from Goodreads):

Abbe Hinder
good

1.5 Stars

You know when you have a huge pile of books and for once in your life, you’re actually ahead of your reading schedule? For me, this happens once every blue moon. So of course I was flipping my shit when I was ahead by two books! However, all that hard work went to shit once I started this novel. All that Glows is just so. Boring. It’s so boring that even my blogger friends who adore anything fey had a hard time caring about anything in this novel. There’s is just so much bad and so lit
Sabrina
Aug 27, 2013 Sabrina marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
The worst case of Mary Sue & Gary Stu I've come across in quite some time.
I didn't even reach the end of the second chapter, but I just couldn't go on with this kind of crap.

I'm sorry. I'm always so grateful to receive ARCs and I feel bad when I have to trash them. But there's no way for me to say something positive about this book.

Oh, wait. Yes. I like the font treatment on the cover.
There.
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
description

We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

All That Glows by Ryan Graudin

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 4 stars

Review:

The first time I saw Ryan Graudin's debut novel, I was drawn to it. Not only by the incredible synopsis, but by the beautiful cover.
The story is everything the cover and the synopsis promises: it's ful
Farrah
Jul 11, 2013 Farrah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Magical, romantic, and lovely! All That Glows was absolutely brilliant. I loved this book so much! It was absolute perfection. Loved it!

I really loved the idea for this book. It was a mix of modern life and faerie magic and it was blended perfectly. It was set in the present but not bogged down by contemporary details, which allowed that magical feel of the book to remain at the focus. And the atmosphere that the author create was lovely. It had an air of magic and it brought me right into the w
Pam Howell
Nov 16, 2013 Pam Howell rated it did not like it
I made it halfway through. The beginning three chapters were full of so much promise. Then it became page after page of redundancies and so many scenes that did nothing to advance the plot. I didn't care for "Embers" or her worries. I didn't care for Richard. Side characters were seen in instances only to give the MC information. Absolutely nothing happened. I'm not wasting another 250 pages on hundreds of more scenes that won't advance the plot for a BOOM BOOM BOOM cliffhanger this is a series ...more
Seeing Double in Neverland
Jan 24, 2014 Seeing Double in Neverland rated it really liked it
For Full Review go to http://seeingdoubleinneverland.blogsp...

3.5 out 5 Stars

I felt that this was a good story, just not a great one.
Nikki
Jul 12, 2013 Nikki rated it did not like it
This review can also be found at my blog, There were books involved...

-----------------------------

This book promised me badass Faery guards, a bad-boy British prince, a battle against ancient evil, and a swoony romance. ...Well, I'm still waiting for that book, because this is most definitely not that book.

Let's break it down:

The Plot and Worldbuilding

The plot is mediocre, at best. Really, this book is a romance (and not a swoony one), that tries to add a little intrigue and tension by having
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss for review. Quotes have been pulled from an ARC and may be subject to change.

All That Glows is probably my second ever fae novel that I have read. There's not a lot within this genre because I always assume they're like Tinkerbell and the fairy godmothers from Sleeping Beauty. This one didn't have that. We have a plethora of evil faes and good ones too.

Going into the story, I thought it was pretty standard, a body gu
Katherine
I always feel bad when I don't like something that everyone loves. And here I am, sitting on the opposite side of the scale. I quite, no, REALLY enjoyed this book, and yet everyone seems to hate it.

I can't win, I guess, haha!!

Full review coming soon!!!
Jessie
Sep 27, 2013 Jessie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Actual Rating: 4.5

Emrys is a fairy godmother. It isn’t one of those wish granting, magical wands fairy godmothers but more of a guardian. She’s been assigned to protect the prince and soon king Richard. Richard is a partying British royal bad boy. Since being irresponsible most of the time and drinking, the dark spirits wants him. Now Emrys is doing whatever she can to protect the future king. Even if she falls in love for him.

I love Ryan Graudin’s take on faeries and the world of it. It’s not o
Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦
Aug 27, 2013 Bèbè ✦ RANT ✦ rated it did not like it
Trying to get through this book was painful. Not only because I wanted to find things that I liked about it but also trying to find some sort of excitement in writing.

Story begins with Emrys being assigned to rejoin the Faery Guard and her assignment is Prince Richard – party animal who just graduated and needs some serious protection from soul feeders that are roaring London. But since advanced technology been growing, the Fae cannot stay within the city long enough without getting sick. With
Ornella (Nyx)
Jun 29, 2013 Ornella (Nyx) marked it as never-finished
Shelves: arcs
DNF at 37%. This girl's uselessness at being a bodyguard is beyond ridiculous, and the romance? Forced and of the insta-love variety.
Celeste_pewter
Feb 21, 2013 Celeste_pewter rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book. I really hope Ryan Graudin decides to set more books in this world.

Review to come closer to release date.
Aly (My Heart Hearts Books)
Jun 20, 2013 Aly (My Heart Hearts Books) rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-arc
I wanted to like All That Glows, I thought the concept could be interesting. I was intrigued by a fairy falling in love with a prince, it mix a couple of my favorite things together: falling in love and princes. Each is a complicated aspect on it's own but add in the fantasy aspect the possibilities are endless. Not that I am a huge fantasy, but the premise of All That Glows reminded me of Incarnate by Jodi Meadows, so I decided to give a chance.

When I started reading, the first thing I noticed
Alisa (The Reading Obsession)
Read the rest of my review at http://www.thereadingobsession.blogsp...

Thank you, Edelweiss, for giving me the opportunity of reading and review this book.

One Star

It's no secret I politely enjoy novels fairies in a non-obsessive way that does not freak everyone around me out. I blame the Fever series for this. But really, can you say no to this

And the books are even better than Jericho Barrons.

So when I heard about All that Glows being on Edelweiss, I snatched it up. When none of the r
Alex (Lexie)
Nov 09, 2013 Alex (Lexie) rated it it was ok
*Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Hmmm... I didn't get frustrated with this book, actually. After thinking things through, I bumped this one down. It was an okay story. A bit annoying but I held on and continued reading. The way it was written was so-so. I mean, all those lame metaphors. I think I just breezed past it. Didn't actually stick with me, not memorable. But I think a few readers will argue with me. Saying it's actually memorable because it's so lame. lol.

But I actuall
Danielle (Love at First Page)
This is actually quite funny. And sad. It's a sad sort of funny. I enjoyed All That Glows more than I expected to - the love interest is adorable! - but I peeked ahead in book 2 afterwards, and guess what? There seems to be some sort of love triangle or at least a half-hearted one introduced. I've never been so lazy with my detective skills, especially if I have the next book right in front of me. I mean, is that just not my luck, the ONE time I don't investigate properly? Fuuuuuck.

I'm not even
Caitlings
Faeries and the British Monarchy and magic in a modern day setting. Also romance and a little King Arthur.

Basically all the things I love in one book. It was so much fun!!!

Proper review to come but if you're looking for something modern day with magic, a british prince, a smart and powerful faerie and a lot of fun and romance, look no further.
Bookbitten1
Jun 04, 2013 Bookbitten1 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Sadly this book has a pretty cover and that is about the only good thing I can say about it. Was looking forward to reading about the Fae but the plot was very predictable and characters one dimensional. The "love" story was lukewarm at best and I honestly couldn't see the attraction between these two characters.
Kelsey Sutton
Aug 01, 2013 Kelsey Sutton rated it it was amazing
Ryan has such a way with words! Even if the story hadn't been great - which is was - her writing alone would have kept me turning the pages. But ALL THAT GLOWS is rich with romance and intrigue in addition to that. All in all, a fabulous debut. Now I want a Richard of my very own...
Nikki (Fiction Freak)
Dec 21, 2012 Nikki (Fiction Freak) rated it did not like it
Disappointed. Was looking forward to this one but SO many things were absolutely cliche. 1.5 stars only because of a decent plot and a twist I didn't see coming.
visit here: http://skincaresfreetrial.com/lumaglow/ 1 1 Jan 31, 2017 01:32AM
all that grows 4 28 Feb 03, 2015 02:04PM
  • Fates (Fates, #1)
  • Prophecy of Oz (Prophecy of Oz, #1)
  • Such Sweet Sorrow
  • Banished (The Blackhart Legacy, #1)
  • Landry Park (Landry Park, #1)
  • Mistwalker
  • The Lure
  • Feather Bound
  • The Shadow Prince (Into the Dark, #1)
  • Darkest Fear (Birthright, #1)
  • Til Death (Fractured Souls, #1)
  • Brianna on the Brink
  • House of Ivy & Sorrow
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Dark Metropolis (Dark Metropolis, #1)
  • The Queen's Choice (Heirs of Chrior, #1)
  • Vengeance Bound
  • Winter Falls (Twin Willows, #1)
Ryan Graudin was born in Charleston, South Carolina, with a severe case of wanderlust. When she’s not traveling, she’s busy writing and spending time with her husband and wolf dog. She is the author of Invictus, the Wolf By Wolf duology, The Walled City, and the All That Glows Series.
More about Ryan Graudin...

All That Glows (2 books)
  • All That Burns (All That Glows, #2)

“Death — the aftermath of it — is a strange thing to watch from the pedestal of immortality. I've seen death in every way: as a thief in the night, as the heat of fever, as the lust of a warrior. Yet I've never really understood grief, or what it does to those left behind.

But seeing Richard alone in the dark. It breaks away pieces of me. I'm a glacier, plunging, falling apart against the sea.”
2 likes