The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

FALL CHALLENGE 2010 > Completed Tasks Posts with ?s/ Problems

Comments Showing 1-50 of 305 (305 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Sep 01, 2010 06:17AM) (new)

Sandy | 15619 comments Mod
PAUL - post #3

There is already a Paul on the Readerboard. Please read http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3... , posts 1 and 2, and select a Readerboard name.

As pjreads noted in the completed posts thread, please only post your completed tasks. See the posting requirements, http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3....

Thanks!

message 2: by Sandy (new)

SUE T - post #25

Task 15.10 is a two book task.

When you repost this task, be sure complete task information, including both books, is listed. We don't keep records of partial posts.

Thanks!

message 3: by Sandy (last edited Sep 03, 2010 07:43AM) (new)

MORGAN - post 6

Are you Morgan P? Please include your readerboard name at the top of your completed task posts.

Thanks!
Sandy

message 4: by Sandy (last edited Sep 03, 2010 07:58AM) (new)

KATE - post 60

Are you Kate C? Please include your readerboard name at the top of your completed task posts.

Also, to receive points for this task, you must post a comment in the discussion thread.

Thanks!
Sandy

message 5: by Sandy (last edited Sep 04, 2010 06:15AM) (new)

LAUREN - post 61

Welcome to the challenge, Lauren.

Since we have a number of Laurens participating, please choose a unique readerboard name or identifier to add to your name. There is already a Lauren CT on the readerboard. Please go to Readerboard Names and post your choice there, so that we can get you on the readerboard.

We're trying to avoid posting points to the wrong participants!

Thanks!

message 6: by Sandy (last edited Sep 05, 2010 06:33AM) (new)

PAIGE - post 114

Can you explain how The Purity Myth: How America's Obsession with Virginity is Hurting Young Women involves "an emancipation movement"? From the description, it sounds as though it's a book describing a particular way of looking at virginity and how it may be harmful to young women psychologically - but what "emancipation movement" is involved?

An emancipation movement would generally be thought of as some sort of action designed to free an oppressed group.

message 7: by Sandy (new)

SARAH - post 128

There are a number of people named Sarah on the Readerboard. Which Sarah are you?

Please include your readerboard name at the top of all posts, so that I can be sure to credit points to the right person.

Thanks!

message 8: by Sandy (new)

CATHY - post 142

When you note your total points, it should be the total for the challenge to date, not the total for that post. That gives me a quick way to check and make sure that our totals match.

No need to repost.

Thanks!

message 9: by Sandy (last edited Sep 06, 2010 12:44PM) (new)

ANGELA - post 163

Are you on the Readerboard as Angela IL? (that's where I put the points for this post, since you seem to be the only Angela participating).

Thanks!

message 10: by Sandy (new)

KRISTEN - post 192

What is your readerboard name? There are several Kristens participating in the challenge.

Please be sure to put your readerboard name at the top of all posts in the completed tasks thread.

Thanks!

message 11: by Angela (new)

Angela | 410 comments I am Angela IL. Thanks Sandy and I will make sure to put that at the top of the posts in the future. Thanks!!

message 12: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (brenlouhen) I don't understand 20.9 (Lucky Me). What does this mean?

message 13: by JC (new)

JC (jmnc) | 640 comments Brenda wrote: "I don't understand 20.9 (Lucky Me). What does this mean?"

This task has yet to be posted. Should be soon, though.

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Brenda wrote: "I don't understand 20.9 (Lucky Me). What does this mean?"

Please leave this thread for problems in the completed task postings. If you have general questions about the tasks, the best place to post would be in the "general questions" thread of the help threads folder.

message 15: by Sandy (new)

ASHLEY - post 229

There are quite a few Ashleys on the readerboard. Please repost, with your readerboard name included at the top of your post.

Thanks!

message 16: by Sandy (last edited Sep 08, 2010 06:12PM) (new)

BETHANY - post 242 and post 300

Task 10.6 - You've listed two books for this task - it's a 1 book task. Welcome To Camden Falls has enough pink on the cover to work; Confessions from the Heart of a Teenage Girl does not.
I'll enter the 10 points for the first book and perhaps you can find somewhere else to put the other book.

Each task can only be done once, for the specified number of points. Since this is a 10 point task, you now have 10 total points.

This also applies to post 300 - task 5.6 - only one of these books counts for the task. You may be able to use one of these books for another task. Please repost, indicating which book you want to use for this task. When you do, you will have a total of 15 points.

message 17: by Sandy (new)

JENNIFER - post 245

There are quite a few Jennifers on the readerboard. Please repost, with your readerboard name included at the top of your post.

Thanks!

message 18: by Sandy (new)

WENDY MA - post 249

To get points for a Group Reads, the task requires that you post in the discussion thread. http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

After you've posted there, please repost your task. Please do not post the other books from post 249 - they have already been accounted for.

Thanks.

message 19: by Sandy (last edited Sep 08, 2010 04:46PM) (new)

EMILY - post 250 and post 283

There are several Emilys on the readerboard. Please repost, with your readerboard name at the top of the post.

Thanks!

message 20: by Sandy (new)

SARAH (MOOD READER - post 278

task 15.9 requires that you post the result of your coin flip and the number of pages in the book(s) you read for the task.

Please repost, with all required information.
Thanks!

message 21: by Sandy (new)

JAMIE - post 282

There is more than one Jamie on the readerboard. Please repost, with your readerboard name at the top of the post.

Thanks!

message 22: by Jayme(the ghost reader) (last edited Sep 08, 2010 07:28PM) (new)

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2966 comments Hello Sandy,
I saw you updated the readerboard through post 300. I completed a task for 5 points on post #264 of the Completed Fall Tasks thread under Jayme (the ghostreader) and I am not included in the updated readerboard. If you have a chance, can you please double check so I can be included. I would it appreciate it, thank you.

message 23: by Sandy (new)

Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "Hello Sandy,
I saw you updated the readerboard through post 300. I completed a task for 5 points on post #264 of the Completed Fall Tasks thread under Jayme (the ghostreader) and I am not included ..."

I'll take a look when I get home from work, Jayme. Sorry!

message 24: by Emily S. (new)

Emily S. (esondie) | 0 comments Emily ID

I've reposted!

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 39 comments Sandy wrote: " JENNIFER - post 245

There are quite a few Jennifers on the readerboard. Please repost, with your readerboard name included at the top of your post.

Thanks!"

Jennifer TN
Sorry, I forget that I have to post my name!
I'll repost.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2966 comments Sandy wrote: "Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "Hello Sandy,
I saw you updated the readerboard through post 300. I completed a task for 5 points on post #264 of the Completed Fall Tasks thread under Jayme (the gh..."

No worries Sandy.

message 27: by Ashley FL (last edited Sep 09, 2010 02:15PM) (new)

Ashley FL | 732 comments Hi there! I've done two posts (#133 and #209) should add up to 80 points, but I only have 70 points listed. Would you let me know if one of my tasks didn't work for some reason? I can't find any posts to me in this thread, so I'm not sure if I have a math error or what :)

My Readerboard name is the same as my Goodreads name (Ashley FL).

Thanks!

message 28: by Sandy (new)

Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "Hello Sandy,
I saw you updated the readerboard through post 300. I completed a task for 5 points on post #264 of the Completed Fall Tasks thread under Jayme (the ghostreader) and I am not included ..."

Fixed! Thanks for letting me know so quickly - makes it a lot easier to track down and fix.

message 29: by Sandy (new)

Ashley FL wrote: "Hi there! I've done two posts (#133 and #209) should add up to 80 points, but I only have 70 points listed. Would you let me know if one of my tasks didn't work for some reason? I can't find any..."

Fixed! Thanks for letting me know so quickly - makes it a lot easier to track down and fix.

message 30: by Paige (last edited Sep 09, 2010 04:49PM) (new)

Paige (paigeawesome) | 39 comments Sandy wrote: " PAIGE - post 114

Can you explain how The Purity Myth: How America's Obsession with Virginity is Hurting Young Women involves "an emancipation movement"? From the description, it..."

It's about women's rights. It's not just about one perspective on virginity, that's a small part of it (and as she argues in the book, probably what a lot of people would take away since women have been defined by our sexuality). The whole book is all about empowering women beyond a narrow patriarchal definition of what is considered "moral." She goes into masculinity, rape, legislation, education, and yes, info about the women's right movement and what you can directly do to help.

message 31: by Angeliki (new)

Angeliki (jelojelo) | 38 comments Hello!I saw that the readerboard for big books was updated through post 300. I had posted a big book for task 15.9 on post#247 but my name is not on the readerboard. Would you let me know if I should repost? I didn't specify on my post that this was a big book but I posted the page number and the book link so I'm not sure if I have to post it again... Thanks!!

message 32: by Sandy (last edited Sep 10, 2010 06:20PM) (new)

EMILY KATE - post 301

In task 10.8, a work memoir is defined as "Work memoirs focus on the experiences of the author's career." From the Goodreads description of The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine, it appears to be more of a narrative of what was going on on Wall Street, description of many of the players, etc., than a story about the author's personal work life.

Please explain if this is a memoir of the author's own work life.

thanks!

message 33: by Sandy (new)

MORGAN post 357
(also see post 3 in this thread)
There is a Morgan P on the readerboard, no Morgan. Are you Morgan P? If so, please indicate this in your posts. If not, please pick a readerboard name that has some other identifier along with Morgan.

You'll need to repost your tasks with your readerboard name.

thanks!

message 34: by Sandy (last edited Sep 11, 2010 09:51AM) (new)

CHRISTY - post 305 and 387 and CHRISTY - post 360

You've both posted tasks with no name other than Christy, but you appear to be different people! The readerboard currently shows a Christy and a Christy S.

If one of you is Christy S, please repost your task with your readerboard name and please be sure to include it at the top of all your completed task posts.

If one of you has been on the readerboard before as Christy, you can just note here which of those posts belong to you. If you were already on the board as Christy, you don't have to change this - but it might make things less complicated in the future if you added some other identifier to your name. If you want to do this, just post and we'll take care of it.

thanks!

message 35: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10795 comments Mod
IZZY - post 317 - Big Book

How many pages did your copy of The Dark Tower have? The cut offs for big books are 500+, 750+, and 100+. The Dark Tower probably fits into a higher category than 500+ pages (and, therefore, you would receive more big book tickets). So let me know the number of pages your copy has and I'll get you into the correct category. Thanks!

message 36: by Kristina Simon (last edited Sep 10, 2010 08:14PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10795 comments Mod
Angeliki wrote: "Hello!I saw that the readerboard for big books was updated through post 300. I had posted a big book for task 15.9 on post#247 but my name is not on the readerboard. Would you let me know if I shou..."

Got it! No need to repost. Thanks for letting me know. Your book should show up on the list in the next update ;o).

message 37: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey | 10 comments Hi! Readerboard name is Kristen H. (IL) Thanks!

Sarah (Mood Reader) (bookworm1887) | 467 comments I reposted!

message 39: by Sandy (last edited Sep 11, 2010 09:14AM) (new)

Sarah (Mood Reader) wrote: "I reposted!"

It doesn't show up in the completed task thread, Sarah.

message 40: by Sandy (new)

Kristen wrote: "Hi! Readerboard name is Kristen H. (IL) Thanks!"

Hi Kristen,
It shows up on the readerboard as Kristen IL - please include that at the top of your posts from here on. I've got this one fixed.
Thanks,
Sandy

Sarah (Mood Reader) (bookworm1887) | 467 comments I meant I edited!

message 42: by Sandy (new)

Sarah (Mood Reader) wrote: "I meant I edited!"

I'll go back and pick this one up, Sarah - but in the future, if any reposting is necessary, please repost.

Thanks,
Sandy

Sarah (Mood Reader) (bookworm1887) | 467 comments I didn't see why a repost was necessary!

message 44: by Sandy (new)

Sarah (Mood Reader) wrote: "I didn't see why a repost was necessary!"

see message 20
SARAH (MOOD READER - post 278

task 15.9 requires that you post the result of your coin flip and the number of pages in the book(s) you read for the task.

Please repost, with all required information.

message 45: by Meera (new)

Meera | 123 comments Hi Sandy, I'm down for 80 points on the readerboard as MG but I should be at 100 (posts 15, 150, 320 & 366). Please let me know if I did any of my tasks wrong. Thanks.

message 46: by Sandy (new)

MG wrote: "Hi Sandy, I'm down for 80 points on the readerboard as MG but I should be at 100 (posts 15, 150, 320 & 366). Please let me know if I did any of my tasks wrong. Thanks."

Found it and it's fixed. My mistake, not yours. Thanks for the quick notice.
Sandy

message 47: by Sandy (new)

STACEY - posts 48 and 116

You used City of Bones in your posts for task 10.7 (post 48) and for 15.4 (post 116). Since 48 was the first post, I left the points for that one. You'll need to repost for task 15.4 - if you want to move the book to that task and use something else for 10.7, just include that information in the repost.

Thanks.

message 48: by Susan (new)

Susan | 668 comments On message 382, I listed Cathy Lamb as a GoodReads Author. You gave me credit for it, but the author is listed as Sylvia Day. Just wanted to make sure that mine actually got recorded and someone else's didn't get applied to me.

Thanks!

message 49: by Sandy (new)

JULLIE TN post 413

To get points for 20.10, you need to post in the discussion thread for the book.

Please repost this task after you've done that.

thanks!

message 50: by Sandy (new)

LIZ post 427

There are several people named Liz on the readerboard. Please repost, with your readerboard name at the top of the post.
Thanks!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7